The Other Side of the Moon

Por booknerd2736

Harry Potter was looking forward for the summer to end. The Dursley's were making his life living hell, and a... Mais

Family Matters
Lets never do that again.
Excuse me, your who?
Powerful wands
2 Percy's and 2 sets of twins.
The Train
Hogwarts
A Medic and a Talking Hat
Stories and Magic
Not so Good Omens.
Yeh've got to stroke 'em
An Angry Hippogriff
This has to be some kind of record.
The Infirmary
FREEDOM!!!!!!
Snape Snape Severus Snape
Golden Eyes
Dreams and Visions
Quidditch
Try Outs
Halloween
Sirius Black
Stormy Weather
Back to the infirmary
Hogsmeade
Christmas
Firebolt
Patronus

Stupid Permission Slips

3.3K 113 30
Por booknerd2736

Percy

The next few weeks were great. Defense Against the Dark Arts had quickly become everyone's favorite class. The only person who had a problem with it was , unsurprisingly, Draco Malfoy. Apparently he felt that Remus's fashion was so horrible it took away from the class and made the whole thing a waste of time.

No one else cared about Remus's robes.

Somehow Remus continued to make each lesson as interesting as the first.

While Defense Against the Dark Arts was amazing, I can easily say that not all my classes were so enjoyable.

Professor Snape continued to make his class increasingly painful. Undoubtedly word had gotten back to him about the boggart incident and he was not to pleased about it.

Despite how hard he tried though, I shined in his class. Obviously it wasn't my stunning personality that shone through, but my surprising skill for potions. Even when the man deliberately tried to sabotage my potion, it still ended up near, if not perfect every class. I know it infuriated that greasy slime ball even more because it means he can't fail me. I'm doing to good.

Another class that ranked at the bottom of my list was Divination. The tower was hot and steamy, and honestly was a waste of time if you ask me. That on top of Trelawney's tear filled eyes every time she looked at Harry or me made me want to jump out the window.

And while none of us really wanted to admit it, Care of Magical Creatures was also a shitty class. I really liked Hagrid, but after the action packed first class it was like he lost all confidence in himself. Since then we spent every class learning about how to look after flobberworms, which by the way are the most boring creatures on the planet.

On the bright side though, Quidditch practice started. One Thursday afternoon Oliver Wood called a meeting. He looked like a general talking to his troops before a battle.

"This is our last chance- my last chance- to win the Quidditch Cup," he said while walking up and down in front of us. "I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it.

"Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now. Okay, so we've had the worst luck in the world- injuries- then the tournament getting called off last year..." wood swallowed as though just thinking about the previous years brought a lump to his throat. "But we also know we've got the best - ruddy - team - in - the - school." He said punching his hand in the sky, a manic glint in his eye.

"We've got three superb Chasers."

Wood pointed as Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson and myself.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters."

"Stop it Oliver, you're embarrassing us" Fred and George said at the same time while pretending to blush.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood said staring at Harry with some sort of pride. "And me," he said as an afterthought.

"We think you're very good too Oliver" said George.

"Spanking good keeper" said Fred.

"The point is," He continued, going back to pacing, "the Quidditch cup should have had our name on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team. I thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this years the last chance we'll get to finally see our name in the thing..."

"Oliver this year's our year" Katie said.

"We'll do it Oliver!" Said Angelina.

"Definitely" said Harry.

(All of that dialog was directly from the books)

Full of determination we started training three nights a week. It got colder and wetter but we didn't let up. And after all of the training, I didn't only feel accepted into the team, but like I really belonged.

One night after practice Harry and I trudged back to the common room to see it buzzing with excitement. We headed over to Ron and Hermione.

"What's happened?" I ask plopping down next to them.

"First Hogsmeade weekend" Ron said pointing tot he notice in the bulletin bored. "Halloween"

"Excellent!" Said Fred who has followed Harry and I over, "I've been needing to visit Zonko's"

Harry plopped down next to me, both of our spirits crashing to the ground. Not only had Harry not gotten his permission slip signed by his stupid Uncle, but I had not gotten a permission slip in the first place.

"I'm sure you guys will be able to go on the next trip," Hermione tells us as is she could read my mind. "They will of had to of caught Black by then"

"Black wouldn't be stupid enough to try anything at Hogsmeade, you guys should ask McGonagal, she has to let you go," Ron tells us.

"Ron! Harry and Percy have to stay at school! You know that!" Hermione exclaims.

"They can't be the only third years who stay behind! It'll be fine" Ron says back.

I laugh slightly at their banter and shake my head. I shove Harry slightly and raise an eyebrow. He shrugs then nods slightly.

"It won't hurt to ask McGonagall," I say

"Yeah" Harry continues, "the worst she can do is say no and we'll be right back here"

"Or... she could say yes and we can go with you guys" I finish.

Hermione lets out a sound of frustration and throws her hands up. "She's not going to let you two leave school grounds! It's pointless!"

"We won't know unless we ask," I say with a smirk. "Ok well I'm sweaty and tired so I'm going to take a shower then go to bed."

I get up, not waiting for any response and leave the common room.

Time skip

On Monday in Transfigurations Harry and I planned on talking to Professor McGonagall about Hogsmeade. Neither of us were sure how we wanted to bring the subject up, but luckily she did that for us.

"One moment please," she said as the class was about to leave. "As you all know the first Hogsmeade trip is on Halloween. Since you all are in my house I will be needing your permission slips before then. No permission slip no visit to Hogsmeade."

I glanced around the room and saw most people pulling out their permission slips. Neville freaked out because he couldn't find his but McGonagall reassured him that she already had it.

After the rest of the class left we walked up to her desk.

"Yes boys?"

"Professor," Harry started, "my aunt and uncle- er- forgot your sign my form."

"And obviously I didn't even have a form to sign last time I was with my guardian," I continued.

"So -er- we were wondering.."

"Would it be possible for us to still go?" I finished quickly.

McGonagall looked at us, her eyes darting back and forth between the two, then looked back down at her desk and shuffled her papers.

"I'm afraid not," she said, "you hear what I said. No form, no visiting the village."

"Ok but I never even got a form so how could I of gotten it signed?" I retort.

McGonagall sighed but I continued before she could say anything.

"What if I could get permission from my mother? And she could give permission for Harry too. Technically since we are twins she has some guardianship over him as well!" I had no idea if that was true but I was trying anything. Luckily Harry nodded along as if it made perfect sense.

McGonagall shook her head. "I'm sorry boys. Even if you had your forms it would not be safe for you to attend to village. I hoped I wouldn't have to say this, but with Black on the loose it is likely he would want you two, so we can not risk you leaving Hogwarts."

Harry and I shared a glance then looked down in disappointment. We lost.

"I'm very sorry boys but you can't go and that's final. Next year if you get your forms signed then you will be able to go, but until then you will have to stay at the castle."

"We understand," Harry said.

"Thank you Professor," I tell her.

"Have a good day boys," she said with a slight smile.

"You too," Harry and I said in unison.

We walked out of the classroom downcast and disappointed. Not at all wanting to return to the rambunctious common room.

Howdy y'all.

Tell me what you think!

Peace.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

283K 6.2K 25
Percy Jackson comes to Hogwarts after given a Quest, that Albus Dumbledore and Chiron have agreed on. He is a teacher for a new subject, Muggle Fight...
88.5K 3.4K 19
[2] Diverging Paths: Perseus Jackson, also known as Percy, left his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry feeling happy and confid...
248K 7K 43
After the events of the Chamber of Secrets Perseus Riddle has never been more cautious in his life. Potter is now suspicious of him because of his l...
2.7K 114 11
DISCLAIMER: this book is discontinued!! " So I have to go all the way to some fancy boarding school in England to protect a wizard? " " He's your bro...