Yesterday - Bucciarati Fanfic...

By PhysicalTurian

Alda Emesto, 21 years old waitress works at Libeccio, a restaurant in the centre of Naples. She did not know... More

Chapter 1 - Meeting
Chapter 2 - Bodyguard
Chapter 3 - Chi s'assomiglia si piglia
Chapter 4 - Bad shit
Chapter 5 - On edge
Chapter 6 - Hold you
Chapter 7 - Wingman
Chapter 8 - Caring
Chapter 9 - Capo
Chapter 10 - Quite the pair
Chapter 11 - I'm not weak
Chapter 12 - Tango
Chapter 13 - Fight or flight
Chapter 14 - Sucker punch
Chapter 15 - Attraction
Chapter 16 - Tomorrow
Chapter 17 - This is it
Chapter 18 - She's family
Chapter 20 - I'm happy
Chaper 21 - Touch me
Chapter 22 - Relax
Chapter 23 - Let's play pool
Chapter 24 - Sunday bloody sunday
Chapter 25 - Ravenous of your touch
Chapter 26 - The no no square
Chapter 27 - How to get rid of mold
Chapter 28 - What principles?
Chapter 29 - Satiated? Never. (NSFW)
Chapter 30 - Promised
Chapter 31 - Can't promise
Chapter 32 - Believe
Chapter 33 - The Emissary

Chapter 19 - I'm scared but I love you

759 24 62
By PhysicalTurian

Opening the car door, Bruno entered and sat on the backseat, delicately laying Alda down, her head on his lap. "Bucciarati, what the fuck is wrong with her?" Abbacchio's voice was laced with worry as he put his arm on the passenger seat to look behind at his capo and the unconscious woman. Bruno's face was the opposite of what it had been a moment ago, he was panicking, he was sad and distressed. "I messed up Leone," letting his head hit the back of the seat he took a deep breath to calm himself down. He had to be strong for her, "She shouldn't have had to kill anyone." It earned the capo a frown from the ex-cop who started the car but still listened to the raven-haired man. "You knew it would happen, sooner or later." Abbacchio explained but Bruno shook his head in denial as he started taking the pins out of the woman he longed for. Deep down he wanted her to be able to be with him, but without having to pay the price of joining the mafia, taking a life. But he also knew it was only an idealistic thought, they came as a package.

"You should have seen her... She did it because she thought I was dead." They should've had more information on the stand users, but they only knew about Sergei's out of sheer luck when they came across him all those nights ago. The longer he stayed with her, the harder it made it for him to let her go. He didn't want to let her go, but it was what was best for her if she wanted a normal life. "Did she? Is it what she told you? To take someone's life... I think she was more distraught than anything. But she did it, and now she has to live with it, and you're going to be there for her." Leone explained in is thunder-like voice. He knew that his friend was confused right now, but he could try to help him out the best he could, "You're both going to get through this, and you're going to help her because you love her." He stated before focusing on the road. Abbacchio had a hard time with heart-to-heart talks like this, but Bruno was doubting everything right now so that's maybe what he needed.

"Yes, I do... I love her..." The raven-haired muttered with a small smile. Looking at her tenderly, he took out the last hairclip from her hair, put it in his pocket, then started running his hand on her head as she slept. Makeup had run down her cheeks but in his eyes, she still looked like the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. "It was stupid of me to think I could avoid this for her." He scoffed dryly as he brushed a hand over her cheek. He wishes could have kept her out of it, and he tried for as long as he could, but it wasn't enough. Abbacchio had to laugh, "Stop that. You did your fucking best and now you both just have to deal with it. Don't beat yourself up for this." He was bad at this, the silver-haired man had a hard time cheering people up. Usually it was Bruno or Giorno's job to do this, but he tried.

Chuckling slightly, Bruno raised his head and met Abbacchio's gaze in the rear-view mirror then smiled. "You are right, thank you Leone. You're a great friend." Which only made the older man grumble, his eyes shifting from the mirror to the road once again. Thinking a moment, Bruno spoke again, "I got carried away earlier," he began, earning a curious hum from his friend. "We had to act casual, and I just- she looked so stunning I thought- no I stopped thinking?" he continued, but the man driving the car was already holding back a laugh, he had no idea where this was going but it sounded promising. "I gave her a hickey and if-" the capo was interrupted by a barking laugh escaping his friend's throat. Bruno's cheeks flushed but he reprimanded the man in the front, telling him to quiet down. Once Abbacchio calmed down he spoke before Bruno could, "You need to get laid so fucking bad, it's painful to see." He told him, shaking his head with raised brows as he pulled up in the alley of Bruno's house. "Shut up, I can wait-" feeling the woman stir on his lap, he stopped speaking and looked at her intently.

Opening my eyes slowly I had no idea where I was, but what I knew it that I was not feeling well. Standing up quickly, I felt hands on my arm and shoulder, "Hey hey, are you good?" it was Bruno. Looking at him a moment, I shook my head. Once I felt the car stop, I stumbled out of the car and knelt violently on the ground by the plants and threw up. The noise of steps echoed behind me, Bucciarati was by my side and kept my hair out of my face as I finished getting it all out. Once I was done, I leaned back on my heels and let out a sigh as I stared at the sky, tired. "Sorry, I didn't think this would happen." I breathed out with a shaky laugh as Bruno place a kiss on my temple before helping me on my feet. "It's all good," looking up at Abbacchio who stood by the car with his arms crossed, the capo spoke, "Could you help her inside? I'm going to draw a bath." He asked softly.

The silver-haired man nodded and put his hands on both of my arms as Bruno rushed inside. "Come on kid." He hushed me as we walked towards the door, "You don't have to do that, I'm good." I tried to pry his hands off of me but he didn't let go, instead he told me to stop playing it tough. "We've all been there. We all know how it feels, so stop saying everything is fucking alright." He grunted as we stepped inside. We were greeted by Timo jumping in front of us, on our legs. Abbacchio tried to make the dog go away but I told him to wait a moment as I crouched by the dog and started petting him all over, chuckling at how excited it was. No matter how bad I felt, a dog would always brighten my mood. After a few minutes of petting, we made our way upstairs and Abbacchio let me sit on Bruno's bed to wait as he left, telling me he still had to be there for the rest of those who were at the ball. Nodding, I thanked him with a short smile before telling him to be careful.

Letting myself fall on the bed, I grabbed a pillow and brought it to my chest, hugging it tight. I was trying to hold myself back from crying, I could hold back until I was alone in the bathroom but shit it was hard. "Alda?" hearing Bruno call my name, I stood up with difficulty and took a few deep breaths before quirking a brow as I met his eyes. "It's almost done, if you'd like to already get in." he suggested with a tender smile as he left the bathroom door open. Agreeing, I made a detour by my room to grab a toothbrush and some toothpaste, then made my way to his bathroom. It took a lot longer than I thought I'd take, but I felt sore all over, I didn't want to move, I just wanted to crawl under my covers and forget about everything. But I had to be functional, or at least pretend to be. If I couldn't take a life and be okay with it, could I really stay with them? Him... I had to get over it.

Entering the bathroom, I closed the door but didn't lock it, under Bruno's request. Getting undressed was done out of pure automatism, I was mostly dissociating the whole time, I was unaware and yet aware of everything around me. The scene with Sergei kept repeating itself in my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Once I was naked, I took a good look at myself in the mirror and laughed nervously. I was a mess. I didn't have any bruises, except the one Bruno had given me on the neck. No cuts. No wounds. And yet I felt broken. I felt empty. Brushing my teeth, I saw tears falling down my cheeks. Fuck, get a grip girl, I told myself without much conviction. Spitting then rinsing my mouth, I put my stuff away and carefully climbed inside the bath. It was burning but at least it made me feel something other than... grey. I gathered water in my hands and splashed it on my face to at least get the running make up off my face. Then I stood there.

I didn't move. My hands on the ledge of the bath I just stared at the wall. I should do something. I should get clean. I should wash up. "Why am I like this?" I huffed before looking at the water and seeing it was now colored with a pink hue. Looking at my hands, they were still full of dried blood. I couldn't handle the sight. Plunging them in the hot water, I started scrubbing and scrubbing until they were red from the burning water and my constant rubbing instead of blood. Taking a closer look, I sighed in relief. That's better. I had no idea how long it had been since I entered the bath, but the soft knock on the door reminded me I wasn't alone. "Alda? Is everything okay in there? Can I come in?" leaning with my arms on the ledge of the bath so that I was hiding my chest, I told him to come in. I didn't realize how sore my throat was until I tried to speak louder than a tone only, I was meant to hear.

Giving me a quick look, I saw his gaze soften. Another word I could use for the expression on his face was pity, but I didn't say anything.

"I can't do an-" I let my voice die down, I don't know why I was saying that. Fortunately, he didn't hear anything. Bruno bent over to grab my clothes from the floor, I blanched when I remembered the paper I had stuck in my dress before leaving. Seeing him grab it from the floor, he didn't open it right away. Instead he looked at me curiously, asking if it was mine. I nodded. "That... I had plans to tell you this tonight." I explained as I looked askance to clothes in his hands instead of his face. "You can open it." Doing so, it was a small message, it didn't take him long to read it before placing the paper on the counter and the clothes in the basket. His face didn't give away anything, I did not know what he was thinking at this exact moment.

Laughing at myself I looked down, "If you turn around, I can tell you in person..." I muttered, and he did. He turned around, the way he did I couldn't see his reflection in the mirror and it made me anxious. I wanted to see how he reacted, but I had to do it, I had to tell him. "I- you-" I cleared my throat, fuck it's harder than I thought it was going to be, "Your smile. Your laugh. Your voice. You." I started, inside I was facepalming, that means nothing, I have to formulate sentences. I could feel my heart beat faster, I was starting to panic. Taking a deep breath, I resumed, "I really like all of those. Like a lot. And it's like-" my heart caught in my throat, I started to think that if he didn't reciprocate the feelings I couldn't run. "Fuck, every time you're next to me? I'm a puddle, I'm a mess!" I continued; I was getting into it. This time I was looking at my hands as I started to think of every time, I felt good around him, which was all the time. And I don't think I deserve you? But that doesn't stop me from feeling you know? And that scares me, I'm scared to... love" I let out a dry laugh, wiping the tears rolling down my face. My heart was erratic, I don't know what was happening.

I didn't realize he was now looking at me, once I looked up, he was smiling genuinely at me. Another nervous laugh escaped my lips. Then I started breathing heavily, I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't. "Fuck" I breathed out; I took shorter breaths. Bruno's smile turned into a frown as he knelt by the bath and asked me if he could help me in any way. "Shit I don't know- this never happened." I said between breaths as I held onto the bath, trying to even my breathing. I felt like one of those decorative inflatable balloons in front of shops. Asking if he could touch me, I nodded and he grabbed my hand, putting it on his chest. "Focus on my breath ok? Here, with me," he breathed in deeply, then out in a long breath. After doing it a few times, I started to calm down and he smiled at me reassuringly. I was ashamed, I did not know what had just happened but it didn't like it. I had no control over it, I hated it. "I ruined it." I scoffed, putting my chin on the bath, trying my best to avoid Bruno's gaze.

"I've been dropping hints every day. I'm so happy you've come clean, please don't say you ruined it." He chuckled before approaching closer, lifting my chin and wiping the tears away. I frowned, as I was about to ask, he spoke again, "Do you think I would touch anyone the way I touch you?" if I could, I would have stepped back, but all my body did was flush red. "I thought you... were naturally flirty..." I explained with a small voice before blowing a laugh through my nose. He chuckled and shook his head, a grin spreading on his face. "I am not. Only with you, because I love you." He whispered, his sapphire blue eyes still staring deep in my shocked stare. A stupid smile made it way to my lips, I was relieved. Moving his hand from my chin, I leaned my head on the bath and let out a shaky breath. "Truth be told, I have a hard time believing this, I'd never thought you'd like me back." I breathed out in disbelief. He hummed lightly. I wanted to kiss him so bad now. I wanted to feel him now more than ever. I needed to know this was real.

Lifting my head once more, "Could you come closer?" I asked hesitantly, and he did. He lowered himself to my level, but I couldn't do it if he stared at me. "Please don't look- close your eyes." I muttered, laughing lightly, he did. Breathing in and out, I tried to calm my beating heart as I placed my hands on his cheeks. Mustering my courage, I closed the gap between us, letting our lips meet. As I was about to pull back, he started kissing back, I could feel his smile against my lips which made my heart flutter. I had no idea what I was doing but I wanted him. Leaning into the kiss, I raised myself up on my knees to deepen the kiss but he stopped me when I felt something against my chest. Breaking the kiss, I looked down and gasped, seeing that Bruno held a towel to my chest. "I- I don't know- sorry- I got caught up" maneuvering a bit so that I was back behind the bath ledge, I gave the towel back to Bruno, my face crimson red.

Now sitting on the floor by the bath, Bruno spoke. "Have you ever kissed anyone before?" my eyes widening I lowered myself in the bath. Was it that bad? Looking to the side, I smiled sadly. "I don't... I've never... been in a relationship before... and I'm going to make mistakes- I just need you to tell me what to do." I explained shyly, moving my hand out of the bath to take his hand in mine. "But I understand I you don't want... me since I'm basically inexperienced." I scoffed as I turned my head to face him once more. His brows were furrowed as he tightened his grasp on my hand. My heart was aching, I was scared he'd not want to stay. He's not like this, my reasonable side told me. But I wasn't at my best right now. I wasn't logical. I was insecure. The joy I felt a moment ago vanished in an instant. Before he could speak more, I did. "More so knowing I'm a mess now. I want to be part of your world so badly but I'm not fit for this. I can't take lives. I can't- I just can't." I choked on my words before dropping his hand and turning around to look back at the wall.

"Alda, it's normal to feel like this." He said in a reassuring manner as he put a hand on my back. I covered my chest and look at him to the side. "I... feel empty. I feel wrong. I feel dirty- I don't know if can get over it. I feel like I'm drowning." I whispered with an almost inaudible voice. I felt myself shake, I had been in the bath too long, but I didn't feel like getting out. Bruno kissed my shoulder, "I promise you it will all make sense again. I'll be with you every step of the way, hm?" smiling softly, I nodded weakly. "I'll get better. After all, I did promise I'd be strong for you..." I said the last part lightly, remembering the night we had made that corny promise. I was going to get through it. But I was not only going to lean on him, I had to get better for myself. I'll just need a few days, to get some rest and sort out my feelings. As I shivered once more, Bruno put a hand on my back. "You're shaking..." I started telling him it was because the water was cold, he cut me off telling me it wasn't. It was still pretty warm. "Let's get you dry." Stopping him from getting up I shook my head and explained that all I did until now was sit in the bath. I added that I didn't have the energy to move.

"But I'll wash up- could you just help me with my hair?" I asked him timidly, I felt like a child. Which is what I was right now, my own body was having a tantrum and I had no control over it. I was prisoner of this body that felt the need to remain motionless and grey. Rolling his sleeves up, he nodded and sat on the edge of the bath. "I swear it's more embarrassing for me than it is for you..." I mumbled once he poured water in my hair while I rubbed the washcloth all over my body, Bruno chuckled as he started lathering the shampoo in my hair. "There is nothing wrong with asking for help, amore." He said softly before putting a hand on my forehead to stop the water from falling in my eyes as he rinsed my hair. But I didn't want to need help, that was the problem. Covering my chest once more as I brought my legs to my chest, I turned around to look at Bruno standing up. "I'll bring you a change of clothes," he excused himself but I quickly called out his name and he stopped by the door, a curious expression painted on his face.

"Is it too soon... to ask- and you can say no I'd understand! But... your shirt they're comfortable... they smell like you..." I couldn't finish my request, by the look on his face it was too weird. His cheeks were slightly pink and his stare stayed a bit longer on my face before he left the room. Getting out of the bath was hard, it made the body so much heavier than when I was inside the water but I got out. I also almost slipped on the ceramic floor but grabbed the sink counter before anything bad could happen. Bruno entered the bathroom the moment I was done wrapping the towel around my hair, fortunately I had already one wrapped around my body. "There you go my love." He handed me a pile of clothes but before he could leave, I took his hand. "I really like it when you call me sweet names." Fuck why did I tell him that, it was useless to share, but he should know how I feel. His face broke into a beaming smile before he leaned and placed a chaste kiss on my lips. "I know, I could always read you." Already flushing red, he pulled me closer by the hips, "You can also call me 'sweet names' you know." He told me softly.

Nodding, I pushed him away a little, "I have to get dressed wait- could you turn around?" as he started saying he was going to leave the room to give me privacy I told him not to, "You're right, I should probably but I don't want to be alone... if you don't mind." Bruno understood and stayed, his back turned to me. I quickly got changed, feeling content when I noticed he had lent me one of his long-sleeved shirts then poked his side once I was done, as he faced me again, I asked, "Does capo count as a sweet name?" bringing the topic from a minute ago, back on the table. Once I stepped outside the bathroom, it felt like I could finally breathe. A huge contrast with the moist and warm air from the previous room I was in. Not sensing Bruno behind me, I turned around and noticed and was ogling me from the door. "Bruno?" I asked hesitantly. It brought him back and he shuffled by my side, wrapping an arm around my waist, "You are most definitely not allowed to call me that, I've already told you." He seemed a bit strained when he said it but he let go of me as we split to slip under the cover on each of our side of the bed, but not before he undressed to nothing but his underwear.

Humming, I was curious, "But why? I like it... you earned that rank." I pondered out loud. The covers now on my form, it left it barely a minute before I couldn't take the heat and pull it off of me. "Do you really want to know?" I heard Bruno ask, a hand covering his eyes. He was also laying on the blanket instead of under, I'm not the only one who found the heat unbearable. Telling him that, yes, I wanted to know, he sighed and all of a sudden, he seemed flustered. "The way you say it, it's too adorable." He admitted, but that wasn't helpful, "Capo?" I asked again, trying to see how different it was from how I'd spoke usually. Groaning, he looked at me from the corner of his eyes, while his cheeks were reddening, his eyes gave off something else. "Amore, when I say adorable. I mean that I want to hear you moan it in the most filthy way while I-" unable to handle his lewd words, I sat up quickly and covered his mouth with both of my hand, feeling his smile widen behind it as he gazed up at me with fondness.

"I got the message; I'm not calling you that." For now, at least. It would be a lie to say I never thought of Bruno it such ways, but now was nor the time, nor the mood for it. And I was not in the right set of minds. I was not even entirely sure we were 'a thing'. Moving my hands from his mouth, I placed them on my knees and was a bit unsure on how to talk about it. Feeling him take one of my hand in his, I started brushing my thumb on the back of his hand absent-mindedly, thinking. "What happens if we do this? You and I... get together I mean..." I didn't want to be the one to talk about annoying stuff, but I also wanted things to be clear, or else my brain would start making stuff up. Seeing him smile sadly, he sat up against the pillows. "It will be hard," he began as he pulled me closer to him, "But I'll be damned if we didn't try." I chuckled at his words, I also wanted this to work. I knew the difficulty was there, as fun and light-hearted as it is to be around all of them, they were part of something dark. They're technically criminals. "For your safety we shouldn't do this," my heart shattered, was he going to tell me off?

"But maybe I want to be selfish. Maybe I just want you to be mine and not care about anything else, mh?" Putting both of his hands under my knees, he slid me over his lap and leaned his forehead against mine. I didn't move. I didn't have the energy to feel embarrassed. Inside all I wanted was to be worthy of his love. I really wanted this, but did I deserve it? "Are you sure? Are you entirely sure about this? I really really love you, but there this part of me that doesn't believe any of this. I don't have this iron will you all have..." I had not noticed I was looking down until Bruno hands raised my head, and he started kissing every part of my face. My cheeks. My temples. My forehead. My nose. "You are enough and you are stronger than you think." I didn't think those words would hit me so hard. I let out a nervous chuckle before looking up at him, a knot in my throat. "I'm yours, and I really want to call you mine." He said timidly with a light laugh, his hands still on my face. Nodding I kissed him softly, it was short, I didn't feel confident enough for more but I hoped it conveyed my emotions. "I'd like that yes."

Bruno laid back on the bed and closed his eyes, his hands now on my thighs. Strangely it didn't feel like anything had changed between us. The only real difference was the weight that had lifted from my chest. I hated holding my how I felt, and now that it was out, it's like I was flying. But with the crushing feeling of what happened earlier tonight, it balanced this elated feeling and kept me sort of grounded. I stared at the man under me in disbelief, this man I had grown fond of, that helped me through a lot, with whom I spent so much time. The same man I wanted to hold close and never let go, the one who made me flustered every second he was next to me. He loved me back. Feeling a dopey smile make its way on my face I let out a breathy laugh before moving off of him, but he held onto me as he opened his eyes. "Can you stay right there?" he asked gently, slowly releasing my legs, "If you're comfortable, that is." smiling kindly, he was looking at me expectantly.

"I have to lay down, Bruno. I don't think you'll find it comfortable with my body on yours." I explained in a soft and nervous tone. But he shook his head, sliding his hand from my thighs to my arms as he pulled me down. "I don't mind, I really like it." He whispered, adding barely above a whispered that he needed it. By the way he spoke, I understood he was getting sleepy. Maybe it was also why he was so blunt in asking for me to stay, and hug me. With my head resting on his chest, I felt him rest his chin on the top of my head, before hearing his voice. "Chiara also had me. I saw you die. I hated myself for letting it happen." I did not know he had been under her control, he seemed fine. If he hadn't told me I would never have known, that is how bad I was at reading him. Or maybe he was too used at hiding his emotions, and it broke my heart that he felt the need to do so.

I had no reply to give him, but instead I hugged him back the best way the position allowed. "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." He hummed sleepily and wrapped his arms tight around my back, mumbling something I didn't quite catch before he drifted off to sleep. It didn't take me long to follow, the calm beating of his heart soothed me and I fell asleep. However that sleep didn't last long, I didn't know what time we had gone to sleep, but when I woke up during the night and looked at the clock, it read 4am. Grunting I stretched, only feeling an arm on my stomach I realized I was next to Bruno instead of on top of him. Why did I wake up? I wondered. The question was quick answered when I heard the rumble of my stomach, feeling it too. Ah, that's why. Dragging myself out of bed silently, I tip-toed out of the room to avoid waking up Bruno and went downstairs.

The room was barely lit by the rising sun, it was a light blue color but I could see the shapes around me. Not needing to turn on the light, I opened the fridge and grabbed what I needed for a sandwich. As I started making my snack a heard a clank on the counter and rapidly turned around, brandishing the knife in my hand. "Hey hey hey it's me- bella put the knife down." It was Mista. Putting the knife on the counter, I leaned on it and sighed, glancing his way in confusion. "Shit, why are you here?" I whispered in a hushed tone. Did he break in for no reason? Watching him move around, he turned on the light of the kitchen and approached me hesitantly. "We wanted to make sure you were ok." He explained softly. Frowning, I asked what he meant by 'we' and he told me Abbacchio was there, he was just asleep in the couch. Peeking, I noticed his arm draped over the back of the couch, it was accompanied by loud snores which made me snort. "I see, but I'm good... Thank you."

Turning around to finish making my sandwich, I put the knife in the sink and looked at Mista curiously. He was observing me with a much more serious look than his usually joyful one. "Come on bella, you're clearly not ok." Falling down to the floor slowly, I sat down and watched the gunman join me on the ground. Cutting my sandwich in half, I handed him half of it which he took. We munched in silence then I spoke, "I'm not great, but I have to be, right?" I said tiredly, leaning my head on the furniture I stared at the wall once again. Mista scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Please don't do that- I'll cry." I scoffed jokingly, trying to get away from him. It was true, I could hold back what I felt, sorrow, sadness, frustration... but upon feeling the warm embrace of someone I care for, I would let it all go. He kept pulling me closer, muttering that I should cry, it helped. Sniffing I hugged back, and shed mt tears, trying to smile through it. He rubbed my back throughout the entirety of my breakdown, telling me jokes to try and lighten the mood. I would snort but kept crying, I just felt like crying, I had so much to let out.

Once I had calmed down, my eyes were puffy; I didn't hesitate to take the tissue Mista handed me. "I'm sure you just want to forget about it, so I'm not going to talk about it- unless you want to talk of course! Then I'm listening" He started in all seriousness, but went a bit panicky in the end. He was right, while the events in my head were clear as day, all I wanted was to forget about it, or make peace with it. But I didn't want people to pity me, or try to make me talk. I'll be ok, it'll just take time. "Thanks. Is it okay if I tell you that you're like a brother to me?" I asked with a genuine smile. He was strangely always there for me. And if I was being emotional, might always share what I felt. My smile only widened when he pouted childishly, wiping fake tears from his eyes. "That's- dio mio that's the sweetest thing-" throwing his arms around my shoulders, he quickly pulled away, his hands on my arms. "So, does that mean I'm allowed to have the talk with you?" he was back to joking around, but when he finished his sentence he pointed at the bruise on my neck. Flaring up, I covered it with my hand, eyes wide.

"It's not what you think-" I tried to defend myself, but all the brunette did was throw his hands in the air in a nonchalant way. "I can't really misinterpret that." He wiggled his brows before letting himself fall on the ground, his head resting on his hand. Pushing him playfully, I smiled in embarrassment ready to explain, but he sat up quickly, grabbing my jaw in his hand, "See that's not an innocent smile- oh my god did you two-" cutting him off by slapping his hand away from my face I shook my head, and told him how it happened. That it was technically to keep the cover and look inconspicuous, but his only response was to laugh loudly. I had to hush him down as to not wake Abbacchio but I knew it was too late when a grumpy mumble echoed in the room. It wasn't clear what the older man had said and he quickly went back to sleep, but if the gunman planned on being loud, we should probably move.

Gesturing Mista to follow me, we stood up and made our way outside to the table by the garden. We both grabbed a blanket on the way and sat on the dew-covered chairs. "Did you tell him?" he asked excitedly as he slumped down. The blanket seemed useless for him considering he only used it to put it between the chair and his butt, avoiding to get wet. I nodded. "Dude!" he started hitting my shoulder out of excitement, a huge grin on his lips. Chuckling, I pushed is arm but there was a dumb smile on my face, "It was embarrassing. I actually broke down in tears because vulnerability is scary, you know?" I scoffed dryly, looking back at Mista with my face flushing red. His expression was telling me I had to continue, I had to tell him what happened next. Scoffing again, I started drawing pattern on the glass table to try and stay focused. "And yeah he like me back." He clasped his hands together, standing up quickly which made the chair fall back in a clatter.

I watched him exteriorize all his joy as he jumped from one foot to another, he was elated to hear about this. And for some reason it made me happy too; Perhaps seeing someone else happy for something I thought was purely revolving around me, made it about them too. It made sense, they were all friends with Bruno, so they should know if he got together with someone. Putting the chair back on its place, Mista sat back in front of me, scooting his seat closer. "And then?" he asked, setting and elbow on his knee as he leaned on his fist. Was it that obvious? Looking off to the garden, the sun was almost fully risen, the birds were singing and I could feel myself grow tired but I enjoyed this. It got my mind off of things. "Is it that obvious, that you ask?" I questioned, facing him with an embarrassed smile. My cheek hurt from all the smiling. "You kissed. Wait- you kissed? You kissed!!" he went through a few emotions in the span of five seconds, I couldn't hold back the throaty laugh that left my mouth. Putting both my arms on the table, I laid my head on it but kept my eyes on Mista. "Yeah, we did. But like-" I sighed, already expecting his stupid laugh to reach my ears.

"While his lips were super soft and fuck, he smiled, well I was a disaster." He made a face of disgust, waving his hands in front of me, muttering that he didn't need the details. "No no, listen listen!" I said rapidly. With a forced grimace, Mista told me to go on. He didn't really mind; I knew he was being playful. "It was my first kiss and I think it was probably the worst for him." I explained to Mista whom at first looked shocked, then he looked over my shoulders quickly before grinning like a maniac. "Well I don't know, Bucciarati? How was it?" The gunman asked as he leaned back on his chair a bit too quickly, almost falling backwards if it wasn't for his quick reflex of grabbing the table. At the same time, I was about to turn around, I felt two large hands on my shoulders. "I believe it's none of your business," Bruno addressed Mista, there was a lightness in his voice as he did so. The brunette laughed in response.

Leaning my head backwards to try and get a glimpse at Bruno, I saw he was wearing his bathrobe but also that his face hovering mine intently. We spoke at the same time, "Why are you awake?" I asked, "Can I kiss you?" he asked. I was taken aback a felt heat travel through my body. If a part of me thought that being together would be the end of my embarrassment, I was completely wrong. I was not immune to his charms, or perhaps I was just too new to this. Throwing a quick glance at Mista then at Bruno, I wanted to hide at the capo's boldness. "Yes but-" gliding his hands from my shoulders to my jaw, he kissed my lips tenderly before whispering against them softly, "I missed you in bed" opening my eyes, I had not realize I had closed, I suddenly understood what he meant. I had promised him I was not going anywhere, and then he woke up without me by his side. Angling my head properly, I turned my body around on the chair, "I fucked up- wait" grabbing his hand, I looked up at him with a worried look. "Did you have a nightmare?" I spoke in a low voice so that Mista couldn't hear, this was between us.

The smile on his face told me he did, I wanted so badly to make his bad dreams go away but there's nothing I could do. "Stay? I'm not ready to go to sleep, and we were just chatting-" humming, Bruno leaned down and placed a kiss on my cheek, "I'll be right there, give me a few minutes." He then went back inside calmly as I turned around back to Mista who stared at me with a wide grin. "So, you've been sleeping together uh?" he teased, resting his head on his fist. Rolling my eyes, I felt my cheeks heat up and told him yes, "We've been sleeping together platonically for a while, but now that we're together it's not the same-" tutting me, Mista pressed his index on my lips with a shake of his head, a smile on his face. "It's exactly the same." I quirked a brow and he continued, letting his hand drop from my lips. "Don't complicate things. I'll be real with you; you've practically been dating this whole time." He explained with a shrug. Frowning, I thought about it for a moment, and after taking everything in consideration I let my head fall on my arms with a thud. "Have I been that oblivious?" I whined.

"Yeah, totally. But hey now you're together, right? I mean, sure it was super funny from our point of view, but shit it was painful to see every time Bruno made a move and you'd be a like all-" he mimicked acting like a school girl, bringing his hands to his cheeks and giggling like an idiot. Laughing, I told him to stop that, adding that I didn't act like that. Hearing the noise of ceramic touching the glass table, I look over to the sound and saw that Bruno had put down a cup next to me. "You did act like that, amore. But I didn't mind, I do enjoy seeing the effect I have on you." He was smug, god he was smug. As he handed Mista a cup too, he grabbed his one from the tray he had set on the able and brought a chair next to me then sat down. "I get it, I took time! But can we change the topic?" I asked quickly, placing both of my hands on the table, the clank of my ring hitting the glass made it even more dramatic.

Mista threw his head back, laughing his ass off. "But there is so much more to talk about now!" As he started listening every embarrassing moments of my life, Bruno gently grabbed my right hand in his left one and brushed his thumb over the ring. As if he was surprised, I was wearing it, or maybe just happy. Still looking at the gunman, I intertwined my hand with Bruno's on my lap and held it tight. Hearing what Mista said, I had to interrupt him, "Stop you're the worse" I brought my knees to my chest, wanting to dig a hole and never get out of it. If had known this was going to end up in a subtle roast of how bad I was we getting hints, and flirting I wouldn't have started this conversation. "Come to think of it, Abba is the one who won the bets." Mista thought out loud, which intrigued me. Placing my chin on my knees, while still holding Bruno hand close, I quirked a brow. "I thought I asked you to drop the bets." Bruno spoke before taking a sip, his eyes held a something I couldn't quite describe.

"Come on Bucciarati, it was for fun. Here," bringing his phone closer to Bruno and I, he started explaining that Narancia betted I would confess first, before the ball, Mista thought also before the ball but was sure Bruno would break first. "Fugo and Giorno both betted it would happen during the ball, they both said you'd do it," he said, glancing at Bucciarati before dropping his phone on the table. "But it looks like Abbacchio knew better, you know? He didn't explain why but he was sure Alda would confess first but only after the ball." He finished with a grin, explaining that now they were all indebted and they all owed him a favor, which coming from him was very vague. I couldn't believe they betted on something like this, I wasn't mad I simply couldn't believe it. Yet it made me laugh, "I'm glad it was entertaining." I pouted, glancing at Bucciarati who was tending to his cup, which reminded me I had one. Letting my feet fall back to the ground, I leaned over the table and grabbed the burning cup by the handle.

Sitting back properly, I only now realized Bruno was only in a bathrobe. Moving on my chair to grab the blanket, I drape it over Bruno and I before sipping the warm beverage Bruno had brought. "You two are so gross, it's too sweet I can't handle it." I heard Mista fake a gag which made me blush. Throwing him a deadly glance, I swallowed but before I could speak, he continued, "Plus Bruno," the man in question raised a brow as he set his empty cup on the table. "Did you really have to put a hickey on her? Gross." He stated which only made Bruno chuckle lowly as he approached his face closer to mine, "What, this?" he asked with a grin before kissing my neck where he had left the bruise. I pushed his face away in embarrassment while Mista looked away with his face slightly pink, "She was so innocent," he said in nostalgia but I kicked his shin to stop him. "Don't start that, we haven't even done anything-" "yet" Mista finished with a wiggle of his brow. I could not handle that much teasing, putting my cup down I let go of Bruno's hand "Well it was great talking with you, but I'm being targeted and I hate it. Good night to the both of you" I said jokingly as I stood up.

Truth be told, the hot chocolate had made me sleepy so I took the opportunity to escape the teasing. With Mista's laugh in the background, Bruno stood up with me and pushed our chairs back under the table. "You're both going to 'sleep'? Come on, I was kidding!" Mista said a bit loudly, I shook my head and stepped inside the house, already feeling warmer. "At least stay safe!" he called out once more, making himself laugh again. We made our way upstairs in silence but once we reached the bedroom, Bruno spoke softly as I slumped on the bed with a tired smile. A bed was definitely the most comfortable thing after the longest day. "Amore?" I hummed in response, tilting my head up at him, I saw the dopey lovesick smile he was giving me. Now I knew that the indescribable expression he wore sometimes was a loving one. Lowering himself on the bed, he slithered under the cover but his eyes did no leave mine, "Ti amo tanto" he murmured.

Hearing it made my heart feel like it was about to burst. Burying my face in the pillow I extended my arm to find his face and plant my hand on his cheek, before shyly peeking from behind the pillow. His gaze was tender and inside I felt like everything was going to be ok, we were going to be ok. We had each other. Brushing my thumb over his lips I leaned in shyly and kissed him delicately, he kissed back with more passion, his hand caressing my body from my hip to my cheek before he pulled away. If I could I would get lost in his eyes forever, I never knew I'd ever find such comfort in someone else' presence, but I did. "I love you too." I breathed in disbelief with a giddy, yet tired smile. Inside I was scared, I had made the big step of giving him my heart, something I had never done. I have no idea if he realized how much it meant to me, but there was no going back, I had to trust him with it. But deep down I sensed like I it was going to be alright; he'll treat it with care. I also knew there were many things I had not done in life, that I'd love to discover with him. Hopefully.

But it was not over, Vendetta Rossa was still going. We still had to have the talk about joining the famiglia, I was going to accept Giorno's offer and hopefully Bruno's would be ok with it. In the meantime, I was going to enjoy sleeping with someone I could finally call my lover.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1.3K 48
Emily is an African who fell inlove with the leader of the italian mafia Alessandro, it was not easy for emily , she went through so much trauma in...
749K 12K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ β€’β€’ "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
15.3K 396 35
You know the feeling when the whole world turns against you? When no one listens to you nor acknowledge you? And then in the end your all alone, well...
12.5K 300 16
[18+ MATURE CONTENT] "𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄 π˜πŽπ”," I mumble against his lips, my words barely audible over the pounding of my heart. "I hate everything about...