Blood Wounds | ANY ✔

由 ATHENA_AKI

Everyone knew about King Il's two daughters. The youngest, Yona, was known for her vibrant red hair in Kouka... 更多

S Y N O P S I S
Memories(The Name Sea Weed)
[1] Yona and Rue
[2] Coming of Age
[3] Letter
[4] Happy Birthday
[5] Misunderstandings
[6] Cliffs
[7] Priest
[8] Port Awa
[9] Deaths
[10] Midnight
[11] Reality
[12] Fights
[13] Son Hak
[14] Sunrise and Sunsets
[15] The stars know everything
[16] Morning Of Reveals
[17] Grab On Tight
[18] Fireworks of Pain
[19] The one who always hides
[20] The Bitter Memoirs of the Past
[21] 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
[22] War of Hearts
[23] Iliza Scarlet: The Vanity of Awa
[24] The Dawn Has Broken
[25] Departure of the free
[26] The Girl Who Cried Wolf
[28] The sky that is gone
[29] Her Hatred
[30] Jae-Ha, Dragon of the Skies
[31] Digging Into The Past
[32] The Prophecy & Zeno's question
[33] The Phoenix and The New Era
Book 2

[27] Farewell, Port Awa

2.5K 131 83
由 ATHENA_AKI

Yona stood by the edge of the ship. She let out a deep breathe and watched the stars above her.

Yona counted the things that had happened in the past days.

We found the Ryokuryuu. We saved the Port City of Awa. We defeated the Lord Kumji. Families were reunited. Everyone has returned to their homes safely.

A bittersweet smile blooms on her lips as she leaned against the wall and stared at the open skies. The skies that were her salvation to a past that may never return.

But among everything I lost my family. My home. Do I even have a place to go back to anymore

A strangled cry left her throat as she slid down to the floor. People thought of her as ignorant and that may be true. Yona knew what everyone thought of her. She can off as fragile and naive but since the night of her father's death, Yona no longers where home is.

Perhaps it's her childishness or perhaps ber stubbornness but she found it easier to hide her fears and pain from others than be pitied. She wished to be strong enough to be able to save her father. To help her sister. Most of all strong enough to save her home.

Yona was only a sixteen years old girl who was a stranger to the ways of the world. But she is trying to understand the people around her but her emotions aren't always able to be kept in check. But even Yona seems to forget something.

Even the strongest of people someday reach their breaking point.

She looked at the sky one more time as a new resolve filled her.

"I no longer have a home to return to. But did I ever have one to return to in the first place? I don't know anymore. All I know is that I have to be stronger. I have to be more brave. I want to be someone on whom everyone can depend on!"

||♪||

Hak swirled the drink in his cup and watched the contents in it move around.

His mind constantly drifting to how he had been the last person to see her. How Rue had pressed her foreh as against his. And how she had thanked him for being alive.

"Thankful for not dying." He repeated.

Hak was sitting near the docks alone, with two bottles of sake and his cup, with a pouch near him. He had not opened it yet but he knew he had to. It was the last thing that Rue left and he needed to know what it was.

Sighing and putting the cup away he grabbed the pouch and opened it.

His dark eyes widened in the moonlight as his mouth let out a gasp.

A necklace.

Hak had given this to her before she first left the palace as a means of goodluck. He was shocked that she kept it after all these years. Still today it looked as new as ever but there were some signs of it being worn.

His eyes glossed over slightly before he grinned.

"You better come back, Rue." He gazed at the necklace with a unfamiliar emotion.

||♪||

Yun was tired after the events of the whole day and the departure of a certain neon eyed female had left him feeling empty for some reason. He won't disagree that the last few days that she spent with them were memorable.

Their little banters, yells, fights, jokes and sarcasm filled days were over in the blink of an eye.

Yun had never gotten attached to anyone except Ik-Soo but then he met Rue. He had found her wounded near the river, her clothes and body stained with blood. At first he was suspicious and alert of her, but as days went by the two had become close.

She brought herbs and books for him whenever she would visit them once Yun told her about his passion toward learning and medicine.

Those small gestures meant a lot to him. She didn't visit often but when she did, her stay with them was memorable. But till today, he remembers that one night when he saw her sitting by the waterfall and quietly staring at the night sky, tears streaming down her face.

He did not know why she was so in despair then not does he know now. Yet, he can not help but remember that night, time and again.

However, Yun knew. He knew that whatever was plaguing her mind back then, is still, heavy on her shoulders now.

He glanced at the notebook beside him and picked it up, inspecting it.

This is...

His eyes narrowed and eyebrows furrowed as he sat up immediately from the soft grass.

The heck?

He was rapidly flipping though the pages as his eyes grew even wider if possible and lips parted slightly while trembling.

His eyes watered slightly, glossing over in surprise.

"What is this....?" He said shocked.

||♪||

When he was a child he remembered spending most of his time shackled and chained up. Locked up. Freedom snatched away as he lived like a bird in a cage. He would wonder why it was considered to be a curse if you were the next Ryokuryuu.

Nothing surprised him more, than meeting a peculiar woman one day. Shaking up his world, quite literally. They met when she ran, their eyes meeting for the briefest moments but it had felt like time had stopped. His mind was plagued with those yellow, blank irises. They plagued his thoughts and soul.

Then, he saw her again. Again in the same place in a similar situation. With Hak, of course. She had ran away before he could question her and escaped his prying eyes even in town.

Next came the battle of Awa.

When he saw her blood soaked figure on the ship he realized that, that he never really understood Rue. The realization was as of bricks had been dropped on his head. Everything he knew, was not enough. Rue was so much more.

But the sight of her standing in the dawn, smiling he realised that he wanted to do anything to see that smile of hers again.

It was but a pipe dream.

She has left his life just as soon as she had entered it. She was like a tornado, a storm. Her impact was felt by everyone. Rue left her mark knowingly or unknowingly, upon everyone she met.

A smile on his lips as he played with the blade she had left for him. He recognised these. These were the same blades he had lost when he had first met her.

To think, Rue had them all along.

"How will you surprise me next, dearest Rue?" Jae-Ha smiled as he threw his daggers at the ship's wall in front.

||♪||

Kija sighed tiredly. He was tired from everything that has happened. He was sitting on the bed in the room on the ship alone, his head against his palm. This girl, Rue, he didn't know why but, she felt familiar. He felt this strange feeling of affection and protectiveness for this female for some reason.

He was confused. The girl had left a box for him. He didn't know her but from the times they talked it seemed like she knew him very well. It annoyed him. This feeling of familiarity, yet not knowing why he was feeling.

When he saw her standing in the boat as the rays of light fell on her, he felt something stir in his heart. As if there was something that he was forgetting.

It was strange.

Everyone knew that Kija had a good memory maybe not as sharp as Yun but he remembered things well. He wasn't close with the female yet it seemed like she knew him very well and it irked him for some reason.

He was sure that, that night in the Hakuryuu village was the first time they met then why did it feel like they met before.

He sighed into his palm amd glanced at the box from the corner of his eyes. He picked it up and inspected the small intricate designs on it. It had very strange designs.

He opened the box and the first thing to greet him was a letter. Taking hold of the letter he placed the box beside him. Unfolding the piece of paper his eyes glide over the words as he reads it out loud.

Kija,

I know that by the time you read this I will be far away from you guys. Did you know that I'm the crown princess, sorry, was, the crown princess of Kouka? I am the daughter of King Il and heir to the throne. But I am pretty sure that you have figured it out already by now.

Read this letter carefully okay, trust me it will be worth it. I know that you must have a lot of questions, why I must seem familiar, why you feel like a part of your memories have a gap - I'll explain everything.

I'm sure that you feel that you have known me from before but as far as you know, you never met me until that night. Kija, we have met before. Now, this may sound rubbish to you. But Kija, parts of your memory had been taken away by me. I know it sounds impossible but it is the truth. For the past six years I have kept your memories with me. I have watched you grow into this amazing person. A kind person who deeply cares for his loved ones, who would protect them from everything.

However, now that you know that I can take away memories, I'm sure that you have a guess of what I can do. That would mean that, you also now know why I have not told anyone this.

That is why, under no situation are you to tell this to anyone. This is something that I have kept hidden for the last nineteen years of my life.

Yona is the child of the prophecy, the bringer of prosperity, love, care, life and light to people and things around her.

I am the cursed child who is to remain alone forever, bringing only death, chaos and destruction.

You know, I tried. I really tried everything I could to escape my fate but in the end, my curse turned out to stronger than my love for people. I watched people drift away, ignore me, hate me, snatched from me until I became used to it.

So, I made a promise to myself. If Hiryuu will not let me be more than my curse, than maybe it would be better if I just chose it instead of being victimized. But when the love of my life died, I lost the last bit of my sanity and hope towards this kingdom.

And...... whenever I kept myself together for a long time. I kept myself together very well. In the raw age of childhood when I should have received the love and care of the people around me, I only got hate and disapprovement.

But I didn't give up.

No, I kept going on and on. I kept studying for days until my body collapsed, trained for weeks until I was sick in the infirmary. All just for one look of approval.

You are enough.

I wanted to hear it. But I never let anyone see the broken shards of me, so I always kept this happy smile on. I kept it all together too well. Making everyone think that I was shut off, but eventually everyone thought of me as this cold, loveless, heartless monster.

And then one-day I had enough so I just wrote a note and-"

Kija wiped his tears and gulped in air as he felt his throat being crushed. How could someone go through so much and yet smile as brightly as you do? I don't get it. I don't understand!

"-I wanted to say goodbye but it turned out that I was alone in the castle. Apparently King Il, Yona and Queen Kashi, went to the wind tribe, where there was a celebration going on. Strangely, but it was nothing new to me. You could say I was used to it. This was also part of my curse, never being loved.

This is a bit difficult. I went to the lake by the tower and stood over the bridge staring at the deep blue waters.

And with one last tear, I jumped.

But! Fear not! I didn't die, no, how could I? I was saved by someone. When we reached the edge of the lake where land was I finally got a look at my saviour. Deep blue eyes and dark hair almost black.

Yes, ironically it was Hak who saved me. However, due to many reasons, I made him make an oath to never tell anyone and manipulated his memories. Making him think that I accidentally slipped and fell, not the truth.

Yes Kija. I tried to kill myself, but eventually I became so filled with this hatred towards life that I just left the palace, because I knew that if I stayed there then I would end up losing my mind. After that many things happened and those incidents bring us here to the present. Kija, this stone shall give you back your memories.

One more thing Kija. Take care of yourself and Yona, will you? I know you are happy, excited that you are able to be the dragon of the prophecy but remember. You are your own person, too. You are not just 'Hakuryuu'. You're Kija. Oba-chan's Kija.

She worries me. I know that just like the hardships that Hiryuu went through Yona will do too. So when that happens, I want you and the dragons to be there for her. I know our memories in Awa were short but I actually enjoyed my time here with all, and maybe that's what I'm afraid of. Anyways, I just want to say that, hold the stone and say 'memoria' and your memories will come back.

Farewell then, white dragon. I am sure Gu-En would be proud of you.
~Rue

Kija put the letter down and took the stone from the box. The moment he said the words, faint golden swirls surrounded him and he felt a strange warmth coursing through his veins. He closed his eyes and the moment he did so, memories started to flash through his mind. With each memories thoughts started to form.

"Hakuryuu? But that must not be your name."

"Your hair shines like silver in the sunshine, I'm jealous~"

Soft giggles and laughter.

"I heard you had a fever. Stupid Kija! Listen to obaa-san will you?"

"Don't cry Kija...... I won't tell Elder Yoshi...."

A loving and care filled voice.

"Let's watch the stars tonight!"

"C'mon I promised to show the flower fields didn't I?"

Warm hands pulling his.

"Your eyes are really pretty! Everyone calls me a freak because of my eyes."

"You really think that my eyes remind you of gold? I... thank you... No one has ever said that to."

Warm and wide, golden irises staring into his.

"I got scolded again today. I really don't like this. I didn't even do anything in the first place."

"Don't hurt him!"

Tears streaking her face.

"Why would I hurt him?! He is my friend!"

"Kija....? You don't believe me either? After all this time? All those memories mean nothing to you? You are going to take his word over mine? Your friend, me? And I cared for you so much when you got hurt."

Hurt filled eyes and a crestfallen expression.

Don't cry, please....

"If you are going to hate me for something I didn't do, then it's better if you don't remember me at all. Farewell, my dear Hakuryuu."

Crack!

A shattering sound echoed as if glass was broken. Kija put down the stone as tears gathered in his eyes. How could he forget? His first friend. The person who had cared for him so much but in the end he hurt her just like them. The person who erased his memories just so he wasn't overcome by guilt as a child.

"Rue.... forgive me please...."

||♪||

Ao sat on Shin-Ah's shoulder as the male gazed at the moon. His golden eyes watched the moon as it had always given him assurance of sorts. Shin-Ah was never good with expressing himself so when Rue left he didn't know how to express the unfamiliar feelings in his heart.

He had taken off his mask as he was alone at the moment.

He opened the box and his eyes widened at the object. The blue pendant was similar to his red one. This was a pair and the only pair as he was the one who made the blue one while she made the red one. That girl who had been her first friend other then the previous blue dragon, Ao.

He found a small note in the box. Putting the pendant back into the box he unfolded the note. He read it quietly as Ao munched on a piece of nut. Shin-Ah was surprised when he learnt that Rue had left him a box. He wasn't particularly close with the female but he was comfortable with her.

Before the battle she had helped him sharpen his swordmanship skills and his posture. She also taught him a bit of hand-to-hand combat and how to treat small bruises and wounds.

He would watch her when she trained and she did so vice verse. They hadn't talked much but they were very appreciative of each other's skills. So, when the female had left he was indeed sad that she did so.

Shin-Ah,

The boy with golden eyes. Your eyes are really pretty Shin-Ah. You don't deserve the hateful words that you heard in the Seiryuu Village. You deserve everything. Your name reminds me of the moon.

Your name makes me remember our times together. Perhaps you forgot but I'll never forget the one who thought that I was not a monster and cared for me. Take care Shin-Ah, it will be a while before we meet again.

~Tenshi-san

His eyes widened as he read the last words. The only person who knew that name was a girl who he had known a long time ago. His lips pulled into a smile as he realised his intuition was right. Rue really was that girl from years ago. She had changed a lot.

Till next time, Rue.

||♪||

Rue glanced at the port City behind as she and Ken jumped through the trees. She let out a name before speeding up and disappearing into the night.

'Zeno.'

||♪||

His eyes brightened up as he smiled in the direction of the woods. He looked forward with a serious face and spoke with a slight hint of seriousness.

"I hear you loud and clear Rue."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

701 33 17
Book #2 of ' Diabolik Lovers Change of Destiny'. Must read the first book in order to understand this book. Warning: may contain mentions of walker...
48.6K 1.1K 25
Yona was the beloved princess of the Kouka kingdom. After her mother was killed the King felt it was best to keep Yona's sister, y/n out of the publi...
51.9K 2.6K 43
Azumi was once a nobody, an orphan stuck in a dying wasteland. However, after one fateful day, Azumi was suddenly pulled out of that dismal life and...
977 144 30
Most people assume Miu is a timid, shy girl, but actually she's quite a down to earth kind of gal. She grew up in the Hyakuya orphanage alongside wit...