Must Date The Chef

By maramartha

"Stop eye fucking me. I am not King," he mutters through clenched teeth, venom dripping with every word. * *... More

|| Foreword/Author's Note.
|| Prologue.
|| 1.
|| 2.
|| 3.
|| 4.
|| 5.
|| 6.
|| 7.
|| 8.
|| 9.
|| 10.
|| 11.
|| 12.
|| 13.
|| 14.
|| 15.
|| 16.
|| 17.
|| 18.
|| 19.
|| 20.
|| 21.
|| 22.
|| 23.
|| 24.
|| 25.
|| 26.
|| 27.
|| 28.
|| 29.
|| 30.
|| 31.
|| 32.
|| 33.
|| 34.
|| 35.
|| 36.
|| 37.
|| 38.
|| 39.
|| 40.
|| 41.
|| 42.
|| 43.
|| 44.
|| 45.
|| 46.
|| 47
|| 48.
|| 49
|| 50.
|| 51.
|| 52.
|| Epilogue.

Cast || Q & A

1.2K 112 262
By maramartha

° Will you get married to Pauline?
Yes, I will. I can't imagine spending the rest of my earth years with another female.

° If yes, how many kids? Names of kids?
I can't answer that without consulting my future wife, it's a couple's decision (winks)

° Why didn't you tell Pauline about Chi, why keep it from her even when you saw how worried she was?
(sighs)
At first, there was no reason to tell her. We barely saw each other and the last time I checked, she was still with her boyfriend so it made no sense to start introducing her to my sister without knowing her well enough.

(Clears throat, unclenches fist)
Errrr... Then things progressed really quickly. King happened, finding out about the cheating. My head was spinning from the information overload, trying to process everything without holding it against her and it seemed more than enough reason to hide Chi's identity from her. I don't know...

(Weave fingers into beard, pull a strand)
It was stupid of me to do that and I can't give any reason good enough for my actions. I let my fears and insecurity guide my decision. I was an asshole like Ifunaya used to say but I'm glad that phase is behind us. We are happy, even more in love with each other, which is all that matters now.

° How did the thought of losing Pauline make you feel?
(Freezes. Closes eyes and exhales slowly)
I don't think I can answer this without goosebumps crawling up my arms again.

(Voice cracks, eyes open)
The thought of losing her? Goodness. It made me feel terrible. Angry. Sad. Bitter. I couldn't stop blaming myself. If I had told her about Chi earlier, we wouldn't have had that fight, she would have been home with me. All that happened, I was to blame for it and Chi wasn't letting me off easy, she spelt out my faults every little chance she got. 

I felt lost. For the first time in a long while, I was scared. I didn't want to be forced to live in a world without Ify. A world where she wasn't there to give me attitude or push me to do more for myself. Goodness. I love that woman, the thought drove me insane but I am glad everything is fine now. We are doing much better, my relationship with my father is taking the best turn, thanks to her.

° That moment Pauline asked the question: who are you? can you tell us the emotions you felt?
There were a lot of emotions which I don't wish to remember now but it was like experiencing heartbreak all over again. I have had my fair share of heartbreaks but nothing prepared me for that question.

After the shock washed over me, anger took over. Anger at the doctor for failing to mention that her memory was bad so I could have at least prepared myself. Anger at myself for risking everything to save her only to be forgotten. I was now a stranger to her. Do you understand what that means? My initial fear returned, it was like losing her all over again and goodness, it hurt. It hurt then and it hurts now to think about it.

Regrets for all the things I didn't say or do started pouring in, for not treating her right. A lot of what-if and different scenarios of how I could have handled the whole kidnap situation better clouded my head. I was sad.

I felt guilt and self loathe because it was still my fault. I should have done better as a boyfriend. It was a hard time for me and I hope you never have to feel that way at all.

° Would you prefer a big white wedding or just a quiet small party?
This is so easy. I prefer a small quiet party but we will most likely be having a big one because Ifunaya loves to parrtttyyy.

° What's your biggest dream as a couple?
To remain happy and in love.

° Why were you so slutty at the beginning of the story?
Slutty is not the word I would use.

Confident? Yes.

Confused? Maybe.

Sassy? Definitely.

A woman should be allowed to explore her sexuality. The only "slutty" thing I did as a female with needs was enjoy sex with an adult male. We need to stop being so hard and judgemental on the ladies. It is my body, not yours and I don't hear you giving King a hard time for making advances at me after I continually turned him down.

° You were in love with another man and supposedly pregnant for another, how did you feel at that point?
I am not sure I felt anything at that point cos I went numb with shock. I was in disbelief and couldn't process anything. I kept telling myself it was a lie, that if I said it hard enough, the supposed baby would vanish. I could not be pregnant with King's child while being in a relationship with Paul, it would have complicated things. Paul is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Everything was happening at once but one phrase kept repeating itself over and over again in my head, you are not ready for a child, you are not ready to be a mum.

If someone had offered an abortion at that point, I can't say I would have refused it.

° How does it feel to be dating the son of a Governor? Are there any perks to it?
To be honest, it is so easy to forget who his father is because he never mentions it. Chi doesn't either, they act normal, if there's a standard for normal. Paul is so down to earth, humble and hesitant when it comes to listing his family's achievement. The only time it ever comes up is when we are at a function that requires introduction but between the two of us, we never mention it.

Besides, Paul is trying to build a legacy of his own that doesn't revolve around his family, a life outside his father's influence and I am here for that one hundred percent. Reminding him of how powerful his father is will not do much good to his peace of mind, mental health or the baby steps he's taking to fix things with his family. He deserves all the good things in this world and I will always be there to support him.

For now, there are no perks to the title of his father, just a lot of pressure from people for us to be and act a certain way. But there are perks to dating the best male chef on earth. I know I'm laughing but I'm not kidding. Breakfast in bed, dinner too, sometimes. I barely have to cook which is one thing I am glad about and I am always the first one to try out any new recipe he comes up with. You can call me his personal taster, it's a role I relish because that man can cook.

° With his upcoming business and new fame gotten from winning the cooking show, how are you coping?
(Sighs and rubs hands over knees)
Sometimes I'm jealous. Wait, is he going to read this? Anyway, I'm jealous of the many females who get to see him more than I do.

Cooking for two is easy but cooking for a bunch of people with opinions they are so eager to share is hardwork. On some days, he will come back home too tired to do stuff and the only thing I can do is run a bath for him or prepare a light dinner. On other days, I am the one who returns home late. We spend most of our Sundays indoors or at a spa, trying to make up for the stressful weekdays but it's not always enough. When you're in love with someone, you never get enough of them. I never get enough of him.

People--girls are always quick to share pictures of them together because he's like a small celebrity now. It doesn't matter that I am his girlfriend and have appeared in the news a couple of times or I am all over his social media pages, someone is always trying to steal my man. I trust and love my baby but some days are harder than others.

° What will Paul do if he finds something about you he really doesn't like? Say, a big secret? And vice versa.
Nothing, he won't do nothing because there is nothing about me he doesn't already know. He knows all of the important aspect, he is also learning to open up to me. If it's a bad habit, we will work on it, otherwise, there's nothing big we can learn about each other at this stage that will be news.

We'll be fine. Also, do you think there can be a secret bigger than the revelation about his identity and Emmanuella? I doubt it.

° What keeps your love strong regardless of the hardships and arguments you face?
Don't laugh, but it's food. He needs a taster, I need someone to pamper me, in the end, we find a way to work it out. We try to have dinner together after our long days, so, it makes no sense to be silent on the dining table. When you are in love, you can't stay so angry with them, not for long.

° What's next for you?
I am getting ready for my wedding which is coming up soon, y'all are invited. The colour of the Asoebi will be communicated soon, if you put on anything different, you will be asked to leave. Yep, you read right. No jokes.

Also, Obinna, my fiance is back to Nigeria so I will be returning to Enugu sooner than later. I am also waiting on Psquare (Paul & Pauline) to bring forth little pranksters so we can prank their parents, those two oldies no longer fall for any of my tricks.

° Will Pauline be your chief bridesmaid?
I don't think she has any other option.

° Will there be a story for you?
There should be, abi? If the author isn't already making plans for that, I will scream into her ear all night until the only thing she thinks, talks and breathe is a plot for my story. I hope this answers that question?

KING
° How old are you?
A player never tells his age.

° Do you know I don't like you?
Not everyone is going to like you.

You can be the juiciest and most delicious orange in the entire history of the world but you will still find someone who doesn't like oranges and that's okay too. It's their choice.

° Did you ever care about Pauline? When you went to her house to check up on her, was there another reason for it, something sexual?
Yes, I did care and I still do. I have come to like and respect her, it's hard not to if you spend a few minutes with her. She's smart, hardworking with a great body and yeah, Paul, the bastard is really lucky to have her.

When I did go to check up on her...

(crosses one leg over the other)
It was because I was worried, none of the staff knew her whereabouts and maybe I was half hoping for some good good loving. Like it or not, Pauline and I have gotten to a certain level of understanding, not friends but more than acquaintances. We are cool.

° And why did you torture Pauline?
Torture?

° Yes. Is it because you're a sick twisted psycho or because you're a sick twisted psycho?
(clears throat and arches an eyebrow)
I'm afraid I have no answer to that question because I don't understand it and I don't wish to. Are you sure you read through those questions before asking? If you didn't, you should because it makes no sense.

(stands to walk away but stops)
You know? Whatever I did with Ms Pauline was consensual and because I liked her. Oh, it is also none of your business. Maybe if you put this energy into something else, you might get a job better than asking rude, personal questions. Sick twisted psycho? Did you make that up? Darling, what you need is to get laid, too bad you ain't my type.

This interview is over.

*

ME
° Favourite Colour
I use to say black but subconsciously, most of my clothes are maroon, so I will pick that.

° Relationship with others.
I don't know if I understand this question but I have a good relationship with people and a super good relationship with family and close friends.

° What about Mr Adams's affair?
The scene about his affair was put there because I wanted to write a story about him after this one ends but now, I'm not so sure anymore.

So, I can't answer this question, I don't want to give out anything until I make up my mind.

° Does writing the smut scenes turn you on?
(laughs like a maniac)
No. A lot of people have asked me this and I always refuse to answer but no, it doesn't. Some people think I am a bedroom freak but that's their cup of tea.

When I did first start writing smut scenes, it used to make me uncomfortable, I would worry about my family members reading it but now it feels normal. I don't care so long I give them a heads up before they read. If at all I'm worried about anything when it comes to the smut scenes, it's the satisfaction of the readers. Is this good enough? Should I remove or add this?

*

FUN FACTS

1. If the characters did exist in real life, then Chi would be me. Especially her replies.

My friend even confirmed it 😂😂😂

2. This story was supposed to be a short one. My friend who gave me the idea and the title wanted something that centred around a man who found out his wife cheated on him on a Friday Evening, cue the title. I didn't want that, so I decided to add my spin, do something different. Say, a woman who likes sex, confident about her sexuality and doesn't know how to cook. 😂😂😉

The first draft was sitting here for like two years because I took a hiatus from wattpad (writing in general). When I got back the app, I liked what I read so far but I forgot the initial reason Paul kept his identity (Chi's too) from tell Pauline. 😂😂😂 At the same time, I liked that he didn't so I just rolled with it and now we are here.

3. In the original story, there were only 38 chapters, including epilogue. But when I started editing, I realised they needed more moments (drama too😉). So, I planned to extend it to 50 chapters, excluding epilogue and prologue (which was a new addition). But as you might have seen in my author's note, they didn't want to let go, maybe I also didn't. Good thing we are done now tho.

4. King is getting his own story 😎 and it's titled White Hat Playboy, 52 chapters are up already, please check it out. Support me. I'll resume it fully since I'm done editing.

5. Chi will also be getting her own story, I never planned to write it but some readers requested it. Along the way of editing this, I fell in love with her again too. Plus, I got an idea for a married couple, so yeah, her story is titled After Vows. It will be out once I'm done with my other projects, I don't like writing more than one story at once.

*

I intend to make a post on my IG page: maramartha with some of you guys favourite moments, comments and whatnot, so I have a few questions to ask. Biko don't pass by without answering.

• What/who made you read OFE?

• Who is your favourite/worse character?

• What parts made you laugh/scream/sad/anxious/excited the most? Maybe a scene, dialogue or chapter, I don't know.

• If you could live the life of one character, who would that be? And why?

• Do you have an unforgettable moment? Picked up any lines or lesson? tell me.

• How did you find this story? I'm curious.

• If you meet any of the characters right now, what will be your first words?

• What character(s) from OFE will you like to see in the future? their life and whatnot.

• Do you like the ending? Did you also notice I ended it with the same song I started the story with? 🤭😌 I feel so proud of myself for pulling that one off, didn't realise how nice that felt until now. I be bad guy o 🤣😂

• How are you? For real, for real.

***
If you still have further questions, you can ask away and I'll add it to this chapter later on. I had fun getting into these characters heads 🤭

While we wait for the epilogue, please check out my other stories, show it the same love and support you did for this book. 😌 Follow me too 😚

Cheers!!! 💝💝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 2.8K 47
There can only be one.
249K 4.8K 54
It all started when she wrote them a letter many months ago in her university library. They talk through social media, but have never met. When they...
490K 37.6K 67
#Romance #Urban. [18+] MATURE CONTENT. Harlem's life changes when she's given a fully funded scholarship into one of the most prestigious universitie...
1.3K 112 14
He looked at her lips which become red because of his sinful torture. His hands travelled towards her upper body but his eyes didn't left her eyes. H...