10 years of Lily Evans' life

By Safi31

10 years of Lily Evans' life, including her Hogwarts years and what came after that... Spoilers (obviously) I... More

First year- Part 1
First year- Part 2
Second year- Part 1
Second year- Part 2
Third year- Part 1
Fourth year- Part 1
Fourth year- Part 2
Fifth year- Part 1
Fifth year- Part 2
Sixth year- Part 1

Third year- Part 2

94 10 3
By Safi31

30th January 1974:

"Happy birthday Lily!" Sev exclaims as I walk outside the Gryffindor common room with Alice and Mary. 

"Thank you Sev," I say, hugging him.

"Here's your present," he says brightly, producing a small parcel.

He beams at me as I open it, and I feel the weight of people's stares on me. Finally, I the wrapping paper is off and I am holding a tiny box. I open it and gasp.

"Oh Sev," I whisper, embracing him tightly again.

"Lily- can't- breathe," he chokes out, and I release him, grinning. 

"So, I assume you like it then?" he asks, straightening his robes, which slipped a bit due to the force of my hug. 

"I love it, thank you Sev," I say, carefully taking the necklace out of its box. 

I put it on immediately, admiring it. Hanging on the metal chain is a flower. A lily. 

*****************************************************************************

"I heard that it's your birthday, Evans," James says to me as I sit down for breakfast. 

I roll my eyes. "Wow, you are capable of actually retaining information? Incredible," I say dryly, hoping that he takes he hint. 

"No need to be so harsh, Evans. Look, I got you a present." He motions to Sirius, who produces a bottle of shampoo.

"You can give it to Snivellus, maybe he would smell a little better then," James smirks, and Sirius laughs behind him. 

"Get lost, you arrogant toerag, Potter," I say, getting up from the table.

I walk out of the Great Hall.

*****************************************************************************

8th April 1974:

"Have you ever heard of a razor?" Ken Baltor, a 7th year, asks Remus condescendingly. 

Everyone laughs.

"You might need one for that beard of yours," he continues, milking all the attention. 

I am just about to open my mouth and defend him, when someone steps forward. 

"Shut up, Baltor. You're just jealous that Remus can actually grow a beard. I mean, look at your sorry excuse for facial hair!" James smirks, and everyone whoops. 

Ken seems stunned as James drags Remus away, pushing through the crowd. I watch them go, stunned, overwhelmed by the urge to follow them. So, I do. They go into an empty classroom, and I stand outside. 

"Relax, Remus, no one knows," James says soothingly. 

I lean against the door, straining to hear Remus' reply. It seems that they didn't shut it properly, and it opens as I put me weight against it, exposing me to the two boys. 

"Lily!" Remus exclaims, evidently shocked. 

James crosses the room to me in a couple of quick strides.

"What did you hear?" he demands in a low voice.

My eyes widen. "Nothing of consequence," I say, trying not to stutter. "But, I saw Remus sneaking out a few months ago..."

They look at me expectantly. 

"And I followed him," I say, blushing. 

"So, you know?" Remus asks quietly.

I nod sheepishly.

"You tell no one, you understand," James says aggressively, pointing at me sharply. 

"If I was going to tell anyone, don't you think I would have by now?" I say, matching his aggressive tone.

I walk out.

James is still an idiot, but if he defends his friends so fiercely, maybe he does have some good qualities after all...

A/N: What do you think of this chapter? Was it ok? James is still a good person at heart, and is protective of his friends, so I wanted to show that. 

Lots of love

Saf xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 24.7K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 29.9K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
1.9M 86K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
90.5K 3.1K 52
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...