BENEATH THE MASK

By stephsteph__

She was betrayed by the one she loved She was cheated on She was left in her pool of tears, heartbroken Adeto... More

C O P Y R I G H T//Authors note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 14
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Authors note after 100 years😭

Chapter Fifteen

236 58 17
By stephsteph__

Dedicated to miolaola💕💕

Sophie

The rest of the school hours went by so fast and soon, it was closing time. Regina was awkwardly quiet during class. No rude remarks. She had her hood on the whole time. And when the siren blared, she was the first to leave the class.

"What's up with Regina?" Lily asked, stuffing her books into her bag.

"You can walk up to her and ask her instead of asking me. Cause last time I checked, I live in my mother's house not in a mansion like all you rich kids."

Apart from Lily and Vanessa, no one else knew I wasn't rich. Even Nathan didn't know. I always tried my best to change the topic whenever he asked about my parent's occupation.

"Blah blah blah. You have mouth o!" We left the class and went to the parking lot where the signature black jeep, that was owned by her parents, was waiting for her.

"I have a date on Saturday!" She blurted out then continued. " Caleb asked me to have lunch with him on Saturday and I said yes!" She squealed with a huge smile on my face.

I returned the smile, then asked, " When did he ask you to have lunch with him? "

She sighed dreamily, " That day you and Nathan ran away together." She said and I rolled my eyes before she continued, "He was looking for Nathan. Then he saw me and we just started talking and talking. He asked me out for lunch yesterday."

"Oh wow! I ship it!" I squealed.

"I know. Me too! You know what I would ship? You and my brother!"

I rolled my eyes." Sure" I said with sarcasm laced in my voice. Me and her brother. Two different worlds. I am broke, he is rich. Abeg abeg!

"Oh c'mon! You guys are like Milo and milk! Good individually, but together, you guys make Milo!" And I couldn't help but burst into fits of laughter.

"Oh my God! I actually prefer Milo and milk individually. I prefer licking Milk and Milo than to actually add water to it"

"It is official. You don't have sense!" She said with a serious face making me burst into laughter again

"You wouldn't kill me! Go home madam. I would see you tomorrow." I walked away before she could say anything else.

That girl!

I was outside the school gate when I felt a hand on my shoulder and my heart stopped beating as I shut my eyes

Do they want to kidnap me? Or use me for ritual? If i had known I would have carried knife o. Heii. Chineke!

I felt the person walk to my front and stop in front of me. I didn't even open my eyes to think as I used force to step on the feet of the mysterious person. He groaned in pain, hands off my shoulder.

"Owwww! What the hell Sophie?!" I opened my eyes atthe sound of the familiar voice.

"You are asking me? Aren't you the one that decided to scare me? Ode! If i had known it was you, I would have slapped your face eh"

The pain disappeared and was replaced with his signature smirk." With what? Your lips cause I would like that!"

What a tease!

"How many girls have you said that too? Abegi!" I rolled my eyes.

"Only you baby!" He said earning a hiss from me.

"What are you even looking for here? I don't understand. Why didn't you follow your sister?"

The smile on his face was replaced with a bored expression. "Cause my parents are coming home"

This one is mad o.

"Aren't you meant to be happy ni?" I asked as I resumed walking with him beside me.

"Well....let's just say my parents and I aren't the best of friends."

"But why? I mean you are the first son and the first born. Why wouldn't they adore you?" I noticed the change in his mood then I quickly added, " It's fine if you dont wanna talk about it". I said hoping he would talk about it cause curiosity was getting the best of me.

Curiosity killed the cat

Well, I thank God in heaven for making me a human being and not a cat!

"Back when Lily was born. They adored her cause she was the cutest creature ever! I can still remember the tears in my mum's eyes as she saw her daughter. I also adored her so ever much! They stopped caring about me. They always took Lily out on trips leaving me home alone with the nanny. Her!" I looked at him, his hands making a fist.

"This is probably a very emotional topic for you! You don't have to say it"

"I grow faster than my age. At the age of 9, I learnt to live without my parents guidance. The nanny started wearing revealing clothes and at a point, she stopped wearing cloths at all. I was home with her. I was in my room, doing my assignment while she was cooking lunch "

I gave him a go ahead look and he sighed." She entered my room claded in a pant and bra. She told me she brought water for me. I collected the water cause I was really thirsty. After drinking the water, I felt so dizzy. And when I woke up, I was naked and she was laying next to me also naked. She kept forcing herself on me and I couldn't do anything cause she was stronger and bigger than me. I just let her have her way. The time I couldn't take it anymore, I called my parents and narrated everything to them."

"They didn't believe me. They said I was just seeking attention ad trying to ruin their reputation. I felt worthless. Then, she died. She was shot on her way to the house and I felt relieved. They hired Miss Patricia who is now like a mother to me. Nothings changed. I don't make decisions by myself. I doubt they even know my class gan. And I hate them. I hate them so much!"

He was about to cry as I hugged him. He wrapped his hands around my waist and cried on my shoulders.

"I thought boys aren't supposed to cry." I heard him mutter and I smiled.

"You aren't a boy. You are a baby!" I said when we finally released each other.

"I know. I am your big baby!" His signature smirk was there and my tummy did a flip.

We walked together, holding hands as we talked about everything. I told him about my life and he wasn't surprised .

Idiot boy!

We stopped at a stall to buy fried sweet potato and sauce and I couldn't hold back my smile as he squeezed some money into the elderly woman's palms who in return, prayed for him.

"Thank you for the journey. It was nice." We were standing in front of my street. It didn't look as bad as it was.

"You are welcome. I liked it too"

"How do you get home?" I asked with concern. The boys here couldn't be trusted. They could just steal his money and everything.

"My uber is on its way." He said but I didn't go to the car came. I walked to my house with a smile on my face.

Do I like Nathan?

***

With yesterday's event still lingering in my mind, I walked to class with a smile. And instead of the usual happy faces, I was greeting with gloomy faces. Everybody was sad. I could see some girls wailing and crying. But, I couldn't see Regina.

Maybe she's just running late.

I walked to my seat still wondering what was going on. Something just didn't make sense. The way Rita, Regina's bestfriend was on the floor, looking straight ahead muttering something like "It is my fault!"

I couldn't find Lily. The day i need that idiot to gist me, she was running late.

Suddenly, Vanessa opened the door and upon sighting me, she walked to my seat.

"I knew you were the one when I sighted you. Hey!" She said giving me a slight hug before sitting on Lily's seat.

"Nessa, what's going on? What's up with the gloomy faces?"

"You didn't hear?" Nessa asked. I noticed she was even smiling too.

"If i heard, would I be asking you?"

"Babe, Regina is dead!"

All of a sudden, it clicked. The gloomy faces. The word Rita kept muttering

Regina is dead!

________

Oh wow. My hands ache. Hey hey!! I had fun writing the beginning of the chapter.

Regina is dead😭why?

So, our 2 favourite ships are sailing.

Caleb and Lily = Caily😂the name is still under construction

Nathan and Sophie = Nathie😩I ship them so much!

Fun fact : I want my husband's name to be Nathan 😂that's why i named him Nathan.

I was literally grinning like a fool while writing this😩

Stay safe! I love you guys so much! We are almost at 200 votes😩thanks so much for the support!

Next update : Whenever you get notified😂

Byeee
- Steph💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99 0 12
The life of Sophie Harris was a kind that some can only dream of from being rich to beautiful and with a perfectly equal fiance. But only she knows h...
85.9K 13.4K 52
" Idara it's not like that , let me explain . " He said begging her again but she had made up her mind. "Look everything and everyone is saying it's...
FEELINGS By Obehi

General Fiction

14.3K 2.6K 25
In a bid to make money, Sola Ferguson finds herself working for one of the richest families in Lagos city whose lives become more intertwined with he...
127 50 16
Beauty Samuel a Nigerian and a 17 year-old is a scholarship student of Dawn international school which is one of the biggest school in Nigeria...