Librarian

By HowdyYowdy

The world has been taken over by Angels and Demons. Humans have become feeding bags for whichever side caught... More

Character Info: (M/N) (L/N)
Got Caught by Whitebeard
Being Let Out
Piercing Eyes and A Redhead
Meeting the Big Four
After Party
Law
Luffy
Strawhats
Sanji Sanji
Songbird
Shanks Gets a Scolding
Donuts?
Cinnamon Rolls
Not Allowed To Eat That
Back Home
Edgelord meets an Awkward Bookworm
Looking for a book
Edgelord bargains. Fails Miserably
Lil letter from Mihawk
Babe
Heading to walk with Mihawk

Attempting to Escape

5.3K 205 71
By HowdyYowdy

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"Almost there..."

Mumbling, the miso soup finally withered away at the bottom of the bars. I had to make my escape before I ended liking this place or going insane. I've been here for around three months at least. It wasn't actually that bad but I felt trapped. I have gotten a lot closer with most of them. They were actually really nice but I haven't left this room in a long time and it's driving me up the wall. Climbing back down, I landed on my soft large bed with no sound at all.

This place was nice with white wall. It helped feel slightly more homely when Marco gave me lots of pillows. It all fit onto the bed easily. There was even nice fluffy blankets. I had a lot of paper and ink to draw with. There was also a lot of books after Marco found out I liked them. Even being a feedingbag wasn't that bad, if it was done with care then it felt good but if it was with someone who didn't really know how to properly do it like Ace. It was slightly painful.

I felt like a trapped bird in a cage. A nice cage but still a cage. I heard a knock on the door and in came Thatch with dinner. A bright smile on his face as he gave me food. He sat down opposite of me while I ate, asking for feedback constantly. He was trying to get better at cooking food for humans since I was the first one Whitebeard has allowed in. It was nice talking to him. He was really into trying to get better at cooking even if he was naturally gifted at it.

"All in all, it's great Thatch!" I praised

"Aha! Good to know!You know after all this time none of us have gotten your name. We've just called you Runner because Marco does."

"...uhm uh uhm"

"You alright over there? You've suddenly gone all awkward again" Thatch questioned with a wave of his hand.

"Sorry! Uhm it's just uh, I- uh ...my name's (M/N) (L/N)!" I said bowing.

"Pffft-! Hahahahahha, holy shit, you're really awkward! Honestly though, I don't mind it. It's hilarious!" Thatch laughed

A finger was pointed at me while Thatch clutched his stomach, wings fluttering with his laughter. My face heated up rapidly before I heard another person knocking and entering. It was Ace and from how much his stomach was growling. It seems that he needed a bite out of me. He waited impatiently for me to finish eating before he asked with a red face. Sighing, I agreed to Ace's demands.

"Thanks Runner!"

Angels and Demons seems to be able to extract the soul from any part of the body as long as they bit into but way more experienced people like Whitebeard don't need to bite me. Ace bit my finger and immediately I felt drained and in slight pain. He didn't even leak any blood yet I feel like he just cut me. Thatch watched in distaste because Ace was causing me pain. He moved Ace over before demonstrating how to do it correctly again. Thatch bit just the tip of my finger and it was way less painful. He pulled back afterwards.

"You see? You gotta be more careful. Man... Are you trying to kill him? By the way, (M/N), tasty as always."

"Uhm thanks?"

"(M/N)? Wait... you know his name? How come you found out first?!" Ace complained.

"Cause I asked nicely and got to know him" Thatch laughed

Thatch grinned as he picked up the plates and left but not before he ruffled my hair. He stuck his tongue out jokingly on the way out as he dragged out Ace with him. Grumbling, I began reading the books Marco got for me to buy time before Marco came in a bit later. He seemed slightly tired. He flopped onto the bed, rubbing his eyes. I got worried and got onto the bed. I offered out my hand so he could eat.

"Thanks... Sorry, I'm really drained today, Runner-yoi."

"It's no big deal"

Marco took my hand and he was experienced enough to not need to bite. My soul felt drained slightly but I let him eat. Once he was done, he pulled away and asked me what books I have read today. Excitedly, I showed him while he hummed softly. He seemed content so I let him be. Marco was basically the person who spent the most time with me since Whitebeard trusted him the most with me.

"Marco... Will I ever get to leave?"

"Probably not, Pops likes you here. He's thinking of you as the youngest son. He doesn't think you're strong enough to leave this room Runner-yoi."

"That's unfortunate..."

"I have to agree with Pops though, human lives are fleeting. You can't take as much hits as we can. We can get thrown into building and only have a few scratches but if you were thrown into a building then you'd most likely die. It's safer here -yoi"

After that, Marco chilled in my room for a bit before he had to leave. Sighing, I grabbed my sketchbook and began climbing up and I moved the bars out from. I carefully put the aside and noticed it was dark out but I still climbed out. I managed to get out and climb down the pipe. I sneaked around the whole place and ended up in the library but I made sure to be quiet. I saw ... Teach I believe and Thatch. Teach didn't look friendly and I was right.

The moment Thatch turned his head away, Teach had leapt up and knocked Thatch into the ground, breaking the floor and cracking it under him. Teach laughed telling Thatch how he had poisoned his drink. Teach let his horns grow out on his head before he raised his blade coated in something that must badly hurt Angels. It was about to come down so I panicked and grabbed the biggest book from the shelf and hurled it at Teach. Hitting him in the head and making him fall over before I started yelling out for someone to come.

Running over, I grabbed a lot more books and kept throwing them at Teach while I stood shaking in front of Thatch. I kept screaming for someone to come but Teach eventually got up and raised him fist above me. The heavy books having no more effect. Shaking, I closed my eyes and waited to die but nothing came down. Whitebeard was there when I opened my eyes. He had pinned down teach easily while I went over to Thatch and offered him to eat my soul. I forced Thatch to bite on my hand and eat while Whitebeard dealt with Teach.

"You're no longer a son of mine, Teach. We don't hurt family."

Nearly passing out, I sat down nearby Thatch before I noticed he was awake. Thatch seemed surprised by my presence but smiled and ruffled my hair before he took away my hand so he could get up. Turning around, Whitebeard had already killed Teach. It didn't look like he died but the blood from his mouth and completely white eyes said otherwise. Then, Whitebeard turned to me and I gulped but Thatch reassured me everything would be fine. The scary yellow eyes of Whitebeard said otherwise though.

"You left your room and with no one at all! Your stupid desire for freedom nearly cost you your life son!"

Whitebeard slammed his fist into a bookcase as he seemed angry. The whole room trembled in his anger while I tried my best not to cry. It was scary enough to get scolded but by one of the most powerful Angels was even scarier. Looking down, I apologized but Whitebeard's thumb came down on my head and stroked it gently. A big contradiction to his earlier anger. Looking up, his eyes were filled with concern and worry but also a proud look a father would have for his child.

"Leaving your room was stupid but what you did today was nothing short of amazing, an innocent life was spared and possibly more. Thank you."

"Uhm.. thank you and I'm really sorry.. I just don't want to be stuck in my room all day and everyday."

"You're grounded for two weeks but afterwards, I'll consider letting you out sometimes with supervision."

"Uh, thank you!"

A/N: Whitebeard is an overprotective father. There's a continuation to this scene in the next chapter. I liked this outcome. I'm glad I killed off Blackbeard. Always wanted to do that. That sounds so bad. Oh well, thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 10.7K 33
A series of One Piece x Reader one-shots from my account on DeviantArt. From fluff to angst... Hope you enjoy! Requests are currently closed! I don'...
20.9K 492 40
One Piece various x Modern!Oc Get ready to mess up the storyline cause shit is about to get down P.S. not good at description Images and One Piece do...
745K 36.6K 97
𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂: In which a heavy one piece fan, ends up in the world they adored so much. What kind of ways will they contribute to the story? Find out! īšŒīšŒ...
25.5K 731 14
basic story is pretty simple. reader is an extrovert while crocodile is an introvert. neither of them sees the other as very approachable, despite th...