Scion University

By dementedlybroke

A hidden university that only accepts two kinds of students; the smart and the brilliant. This university ha... More

[ Prologue ]
[ Chapter 1 - Cana Vandia ]
[ Chapter 2 - House of the Brave ]
[ Chapter 3 - A Welcoming Fight ]
[ Chapter 4 - A Team for Two ]
[ Chapter 5 - No Warm-Up ]
[ Chapter 6 - A Private Talk ]
[ Chapter 7 - Challenge Accepted ]
[ Chapter 8 - Aftermath ]
[ Chapter 9 - Unknown Number ]
[ Chapter 10 - A Confession or Two ]
[ Chapter 11 - Envious of a Clown ]
[ Chapter 12 - A Journal ]
[ Chapter 13 - The Owner ]
[ Chapter 14 - Formulating Groups ]
[ Chapter 15 - Sports Fest ]
[ Chapter 16 - Ace Quits ]
[ Chapter 17 - The Prideful One ]
[ Chapter 18 - The Final Event ]
[ Chapter 19 - London Baby ]
[ Chapter 20 - Big Ben ]
[ Chapter 21 - Ace's Past ]
[ Chapter 22 - A Threat ]
[ Chapter 23 - A Prideless Action ]
[ Chapter 24 - Meeting Vandia ]
[ Chapter 25 - Dr. Sony ]
[ Chapter 26 - Abigail's Party ]
[ Chapter 27 - Three Shots ]
[ Chapter 28 - A Night with Tine ]
[ Chapter 29 - Joey Juarez ]
[ Chapter 30 - 65th Anniversary ]
[ Chapter 31 - To Italy ]
[ Chapter 32 - Chivalry ]
[ Chapter 33 - Reconciled ]
[ Chapter 34 - Human Heist ]
[ Chapter 35 - In the Basement ]
[ Chapter 36 - Golden Epitaph ]
[ Chapter 38 - To Meet Vandia Again ]
[ Epilogue ]

[ Chapter 37 - His Vow ]

64 12 0
By dementedlybroke

The snow welcomed me on the day I was finally released.

My parents did not want to let me go until I was fully recovered so I had to stay for a total of two weeks in the hospital. They had wanted me to stay for one more week but I had been calling my dad, complaining, so they decided to let me go. On top of that, they didn't allow me to handle any sort of work, they postponed all my projects. 

Who wouldn't be mad in such a situation? 

I rolled down the car window and took a deep breath despite the cold. Chase was the one driving and Ace was at the shotgun seat, I had the back all to myself. 

"Put that down," Ace ordered. 

Both of them were so protective of me throughout the whole way, it was as if at any second, another gunner would come and shoot me but I knew nothing like that would happen again. 

"You guys are so tense," I laughed at the two of them, leaving the car window open. 

"Macklet and his guys are all behind the bars already, aren't they?" 

"Yes, but it's better to be safe than sorry," Chase managed to wink at me through the rearview mirror. He wasn't as tense as Ace.

"Don't you have any job?" I smirked. "Ace could have driven me home."

"Why little sister, do you wanna have some quality time with your baby?" he grinned and my hands immediately met my forehead. 

"It's not like that, I know you have another case going on," I rolled my eyes. 

"You don't have to hide it, babe. I know you just wanna spend time with me, alone," Ace played along. I wanted to give both of them a slam at the back but I just shrugged it off. 

When we got home I knew something was definitely up. 

The gates had been left open and the doors to the garage were close. I've lived in this mansion throughout my whole life to know that they never close the garage doors. There were also more than five car tracks on the snowy floor which was impossible since there were only four cars at home. When Ace parked the car at the front porch I had also noticed that the lights at the living room were off. 

How cute. They prepared a surprise party.  

I gave Ace a look that says, 'Really, did you guys have to prepare a surprise?'

He rubbed his head and smiled with a look that says, 'Just you wait, babe.'

I knew it was impossible for both of us to talk telepathically but I  guess we have that ability now. I held back a smile when Ace and Chase looked giddily at me, another clue. 

They were horrible at this surprise thing, that I am sure of.

I guess I have to act surprised, I didn't want to disappoint them. 

Chase opened the door and in a chorus, I heard a group of people inside scream, "Congratulations!"

Congratulations? 

For what? For finally leaving the hospital? 

I smirked at everyone inside, trying to figure out what they were congratulating me for. Maybe, they finally decided to hold me a congratulations party for passing the engineering licensure exam five years ago, they hadn't surprised me then. 

"What-" 

My mouth dropped.

CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY CANA!

 Mommy? Cana? Me? A mom?!

I suddenly felt warm hands wrap around my waist, holding onto my tummy gently. It was Ace. 

"How-" I tried to put my thoughts into words but I was still speechless. 

"You didn't take the pill, did you?" Ace managed to ask in a hushed tone. 

Pill? 

Oh, God, London. 

I recalled the last time Ace and I did it in London, I had told him I was going to use a pill. I had planned on taking it the following day but since we were too busy with Edward's escape I had forgotten to take it as well. 

My heart skipped a beat. I didn't know what to feel. Having a kid was never a part of my plans, well current plans. I stared at everyone with nothing but shock in my face. 

Anne, Tine, and Riley were happily smiling at me. Tony had a bunch of balloons in his hands in the colors pink and blue. My mom was tearing up a little, she was in front of my dad who was smiling widely. Chase had a goofy smile on his face, he had taken off his jacket, underneath he had a shirt with the statement, 'I'm an uncle!'

Everyone had looked so happy yet here I was on the verge of crying. 

Eventually, I did. 

The smiles on their faces suddenly turned into looks of concern and question. Ace managed to turn me around and face him, he cupped both my cheeks. 

"Babe? Why? Do you not want to have it? I- ," he paused, he had a look of panic in his face. I couldn't comprehend it but I knew he was starting to think gravely of the situation.  

I couldn't blame him. We only talked about kids once in London and when he had asked I said it was never apart of my plan to have kids, well not yet at that time anyway. 

He thinks I didn't want to bear this child, he thinks I was unhappy. 

I wasn't unhappy, I was too happy. 

As I have said, it was never a part of my plans to have a child but now that I have one and knowing that Ace was the father, I knew I was in the seventh heaven. 

"Asshole," I sobbed. If it was actually possible, his eyes widened more. I could see sorrow and guilt mixed in his emotions, it made me want to laugh all of a sudden. 

"I'm a mom, why wouldn't I be happy?" I cried out loud for everyone to hear and that was when I heard them sighing in relief. 

Ace stared at me with a smile slowly coming back to his face. 

He heaved a sigh, "For a minute there, I was so scared. I thought you wanted to drop the kid and I-" 

"I know you won't allow that, I too, wouldn't," I continued to cry and he wiped my tears away.

I was so overjoyed. 

"I want a boy, alright?" Chase was the first one to approach me. 

"No, I want a girl," Anne intervened and the two of them glared at each other. 

"I want both," Ace joined in and my eyes immediately widened. 

"Oh no, I'm not going to have a twin," I almost yelled. 

"But it runs in the family, dear," Mom joined in as well and my dad laughed. 

"No way, no." 

I was just starting to accept the fact that I was going to have a child and now they wanted me to have two? I mean, I'm alright with having two kids but carrying two kids at the same time had never been a part of my dreams. I can't even start to imagine giving birth to two kids, one after the other, or worse, being a cesarian mom. 

I shook my head in protest as Ace smiled widely, he gave me a peck on the forehead. 

"Whatever happens, I'll love and cherish our children," Ace whispered to my ears and hugged me from the back. 

I smiled, I will too. 

~>.<~

Ace and I spent that night together. He stayed over at our place since my parents and Chase were out. The snow was gently falling and the breeze was whistling as we had our warm drinks at the balcony. We found comfort in one another despite the silence. 

He held my hand and kissed it before speaking, "We survived." 

"We did," I assured him because it sounded like a question when he said it. 

"Babe," I spoke again. 

"I'm sorry," I stuttered a little and he frowned. 

"For? Don't tell me you suddenly want to drop this baby 'cause I still won't let you," he squinted his eyes at me. 

"For God's sake, I told you I want the baby," I almost growled at him and he gave me a goofy smile. 

"Then you have nothing to apologize for," he suddenly looked serious. 

"If only I had listened to you back then, given you a chance to explain, mayb-" 

He kissed me. 

I placed my hands on his chest, about to push him away because I wasn't done speaking but he held my hands, preventing me from doing it so. After a second he cupped my cheeks, deepening the kiss before finally pulling away. He placed his forehead against mine. 

"We can't turn back time Vandia, I myself, know I made a mistake then, we both did. The important thing is we are back together, we survived this mess together despite being apart for a while," I could see his eyes filled with sincerity.

"Maybe the time we spent away from each other had a purpose, it made us successful people, we were able to concentrate on our careers better, we found pieces of evidence for Edward's case separately which became stronger when we had combined it. So, don't apologize. Don't regret it because it led us to where we are right now, with a child and engaged."

I smiled at Ace, the man whom I was engaged to, the father of the child I carried, the one I love.

I have never felt so lucky to have him.

Soon after we headed back inside and I took a jacket from my stack of clothes. I was about to take a brown cotton one when I caught a glimpse of a red jacket. It bought back memories, I recalled the guy from Beta who had been beaten up back then when I was a second year. I pulled it out and Ace's eyes widened at the sight. 

"Why do you have my jacket?" He asked and my eyes widened. He smirked at me for a second, befuddled until something probably clicked in his head, his eyes widened as well. 

"Oh, right, you were that stupid yet kind girl," he laughed and I glared. 

"What?" I was ready to smack him. 

"You waited outside the infirmary with bandages, medical needs, and water when I had all those things inside, how is that not stupid?" he laughed when he recalled the memory. 

"So you really were the guy who was beaten up? And you didn't even bother letting me in? On top of that you didn't even wake me up when you left," I lashed out. 

"I hated being pitied," he shrugged.

"I know, until now you're still the same," I sighed, there was no use getting mad about it now.

"Am not," he denied. 

"Yeah whatever babe, either way, I still love you anyway," I smiled. 

"I love you too, Vandia."

~>.<~

"Are you ready?" 

I took a deep breath, I wasn't. 

I stood outside the doors of a luxurious glass dome, the size of a theater. I tried to picture everything inside; the glassed surrounding where snow should be falling, the golden lights hanging from the high ceiling, the fairy lights crawling on every bench, silky blue fabric draping from the middle of the dome extending to the perimeter and the vases of blue roses. 

This time I pictured everyone inside; my mother at the front row, Ace's family on the other side, Joey with the rings, my group of friends smiling, relatives and colleagues seated, and most importantly, Ace waiting at the end of the red isle. 

I was only released from the hospital a month ago and now I was getting married.

I couldn't steady my breath, I felt nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time. 

I mentally blamed my mother for forcing the two of us to get married at an earlier date. She said it wouldn't be nice having a baby bump when I got married, so she pushed it as early as possible. I didn't even have a say on anything, not the decoration, not on the location, my mother and Ace's mother were the ones who planned the whole thing. 

They took control of the whole wedding so I was glad when I had a say on what I was going to wear; a chiffon white halter gown. I've always worn dresses with halter necklines because it highlights my shoulders but right now it felt like it was preventing me from breathing. I also felt cold despite the fact that I had a white-furred winter shawl that came as a partner of the dress. 

The dress was long, it had a meter tail behind me where there was a pattern of intricate flowers in a shade of royal blue. That was the only design on this simple white gown. My mother had suggested more extravagant ones but I had declined, they weren't my style.  

The ring bearer, Joey had already entered the dome. Xyla, the flower girl was up next and after her, it was my turn. 

I wanted to stop the time, I have never felt this nervous my entire life. I have always stood in front of a huge crowd, my workers, my housemates, my engineers, no group has ever bothered me, I never felt anxious so why was I getting this restless right now?

I took another gulp of air and my father seemed to notice this time around. 

"You can still back off you know?" he joked and I almost slapped his arm. 

"Says the one who forced me into this marriage," I pouted. 

"Can we really call this forced? You even had the baby first," he smiled and I flushed a little. 

I didn't even notice Chloe going inside, I only realized it was my time to go in when the song changed. 

*PLAY THE MUSIC GUYS*

Everyone was standing and applauding when I entered. I gulped once, twice, bit my lower lips and gulped again. I thought my obscured vision, due to the veil, would help me calm down a little but it didn't. My grip on my father became tighter, I suddenly wanted to run away for an unknown reason until I saw Ace.

My anxiety was immediately washed away when my eyes locked with his. 

He stood proud and alone in front, looking a little impatient as he waited for me to cross the aisle. I smiled, the restlessness I felt a moment ago vanished.

As I walked down the aisle I began to recall all our times together, the first time he confessed, our vacation in London, giving Edward his freedom, surviving Mr. Macklet madness and Scion University.

I also relived all the small moments from every forehead kisses, every hug, every banter, every fight, every injury, and even every sex. I stifled a smile at that very last thought. I didn't even realize I was only a meter away from him 

For a second I thought I could see tears at the edge of his eyes until he flashed a full smile. He was wearing a white dress shirt and a silver-grey satin vest, trousers, and coat. He had a royal blue tie that stood out in his outfit well and a Cassio watch. His hair was gelled back and I know I've seen that look more than a million times but today it somehow looked different. 

I hated to admit it but he looked dashing. 

He held out his hand for me to take as my father finally let go of me. I felt a little teary but I suppressed it, I didn't want my mascara to start messing up my look. I held his warm hands and he pulled me close, giving me a peck at the top of my head. 

"You look stunning, you always do, today is no different," he whispered.

"You still look ugly," I whispered in return and he just cocked an eyebrow. Our little talk was interrupted by the priest starting, we held hands throughout the whole mass. 

"We are now going to have our wedding vows, kindly stand," the priest gestured for the two of us to stand in front of him and so we did. The priest asked Ace to say his vows first and I was surprised to see him swipe his phone from his pocket. 

He had prepared his vow beforehand, how cute

Ace took the microphone that was handed to him, he looked flustered as he read what was on his phone mentally. 

"Ehem, hem. One, two, it's working," he stated as if he was talking to himself and the crowd laugh. He scratched his head shyly before finally beginning. I have never seen him this nervous before, I stifled a laugh. 

I guess the cocky asshole can feel shy at times too but when he began, I regretted ever thinking that.

"Vandia begged to be my girlfriend back then in college. She said it didn't matter that it was against the school rules, she said she wanted me no matter what- OW!" 

I kicked him in the shin which made him yelp. I gave him a warning glare before he laughed, the crowd joined him. After a while, he finally straightened and looked at me seriously in the eyes. 

His stare made my heart skip a beat. 

How pathetic Cana, a mare stare, really?

"Vandia," he paused and took a deep breath.

"If it wasn't for Ceasar, I guess I wouldn't have taken notice of you," he was interrupted again.

"Yeah, man! I deserve extra dessert!" Ceasar yelled from the crowd and Ace rolled his eyes at him. 

"I knew then and there that you were someone different, someone, unlike the rest. I've never liked your house but thanks to you, my perception of it changed. I was always in awe of you, you were smart, kind, caring, and stunningly brave at the same time. You were always my first thought in the morning and my last at night. You always pushed me past my limits. You made me crazy, madly crazy. I hated breaking my own rules but for you, I broke it without hesitation.  I swallowed my pride, I was the first to confess, I made you say yes, I begged for you, cried for you and now that I have you again, I will never let you go. This is my vow to you Vandia, through sickness and health, through pain and joy, I will always be right here and it will always be you."

My mouth was agape when he finished, I felt a tear slide down my cheeks and Ace wiped it for me. 

"Don't cry, it'll ruin your look," he whispered and I nodded. 

My vow was going to sound pathetic against his but the priest gestured for me to say mine and I did it. The priest smiled widely after I said my vow and called for the ring bearer. 

Joey made his entrance from the side, smiling widely as he handed us the rings. Ace winked at his younger brother and I smiled in return. We exchanged rings and smiled widely at one another.

Who would have thought we would get married one day. I bet the old Cana, would never think that this was possible but it came true.  

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest allowed and even before Ace could fold my veil, I heard a few yells from the crowd. 

"Finally!" 

"Let it be sloppy!"

"Show him how to kiss, Cana!"

"Don't hold back, Ace!"

The last one was definitely Ceasar, I was sure of it. 

Due to their remarks, I found myself smiling a little through our kiss, I felt him smile too. 

"Cana, you were the reason why I hated the snow," he whispered after our kiss and I immediately frowned. 

How could he hate the snow? We were getting married while it was snowing, the whole dome was surrounded by snow. I couldn't understand why he said such a sentence until I recalled making him wait in the snow back in Scion. 

"I'm sorry Ace, I shouldn't have let the marriage happen on a day when it is sno-" he interrupted.

"Now, you are also the reason why I love it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:"))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 1 9
In a prep school for the rich and famous, scandals await for them. What happens when school's most irresistible heartthrobs want to make them theirs...
The Arcane By Cat.

Mystery / Thriller

1.6K 37 23
A girl and her rival must work together to solve a murder mystery and protect their school.
264K 9.1K 41
Nicola has just transferred to Xavier Academy, an elite boarding school. She has begrudgingly left her familiar life in North Carolina for a prep sch...
2.6K 98 39
Discontinued...has good smut tho- "Art that was filled with flaws and insecurity...but that's what made it so beautiful. The defects made it worth th...