Capturing Memories (NH)

By longtimeDirectioner

//COMPLETED// When an adventurous small-town girl discovers a photography contest for the world's biggest boy... More

Chapter 1: Contest Entry
Chapter 2: New York City
Chapter 3: Contest Rules
Chapter 4: Before Concert Goofiness
Chapter 5: Portraits Challenge
Chapter 6: Day off In NYC
Chapter 7: A Night In New York
Chapter 8: Off To Toronto
Chapter 9: Best Friends Reunite
Chapter 10: Action Shots
Chapter 11: Interviews and Game Night
Chapter 12: Front Row Seats
Chapter 13: Invasion of Privacy
Chapter 14: Date Night
Chapter 15: The Picture
Chapter 16: Moping Around
Chapter 17: The Last Challenge
Chapter 18: Is She Being Serious?
Chapter 19: Late Night Surprise
Authors Note!

(Chapter 20)- Bonus Chapter 1: The Long Drive

467 9 1
By longtimeDirectioner

**July 2020 Update** I am going to keep this chapter here, but I will be adding the rest of the storyline to its own story! You can find it under Cottage with One Direction on my profile! Thank you again for reading this! Feel free to check out my new story! <3

Hello! Since I am not sure if these chapters are going to have any plot or just be cute chapters with Char, Gabs and the boys, I decided to just add them to the end of this story. Later I may move them to their own story but they will remain here for now! I hope you enjoy this first chapter! I wrote this when I was at the cottage, I am gonna try to get another one out before I go back next Wednesday.

Enjoy! Thank you again for reading!!

****************************************************

"Please return your seats to the upright position, we will be descending shortly," the flight attendant said over the PA system. "It is currently 10 am in Toronto with a temperature of 26 degrees Celsius. I hope everyone enjoyed the flight. Thank you for flying with Air Canada."

I looked out the window and saw the CN Tower in the distance, felt good to be home after a long tour finally. I turned to look at Niall, who was reading a golf magazine, "Ready for a long drive?"

"How long we talkin'?" He questions placing his magazine into the back of the chair in front of him.

I give him a big smile, "you'll have to wait to find out," I laugh as I feel the wheels of the plane hit the tarmac. He gives me a worried look as he looks over at Harry, who was sitting on the other side of him.

"What?" Harry says when he notices Niall looking at him.

"Charlotte just asked me if I was ready for a long drive, but then didn't tell me how long it was gonna be," he explains, and Harry sighs.

"We just spent 4 hours on a plane, now we have to sit through a long drive, this trip better be worth it," Harry says, pulling out his phone. "You said Gabs was picking us up?"

I nod, "Yeah, she is looking forward to seeing you guys!" I reply, pulling my phone out to send her a text letting her know we have landed.

"Did she rent a van or something we aren't all gonna fit in her car," Louis says, leaning forward in his seat behind us after listening to our conversation.

"Yeah, she rented like a big van or something, I think," I replied as I turned around to look at Liam and Louis behind us. "El and Maya are going to meet us there tomorrow, right?"

Liam perks up at my mention of Maya, "Yeah! They fly in tomorrow morning and are renting a car."

I nod my head as the plane finally pulls up to the terminal. Everyone was grabbing their carry-ons as the flight attendants started to let people off the plane. Thankfully the media did not know that the boys were going to be coming back to Toronto, so no fans were waiting at the airport for them. The only fans we encountered were ones who happened to be at the airport when we got off the plane.

They got stopped a couple of times for pictures, but I had to push them along because we had to pick up our bags before meeting Gabs, who was waiting for us.

After waiting a good 20 minutes for everyone's bags, we headed towards where Gabriella was waiting with the van. "Took you guys long enough," she exclaims, running towards me to hug me.

"Kept getting stopped for pictures, sorry," Harry explains, smiling at her as she made her rounds, giving them all hugs.

"Well, I am just glad you got here safely! Let's go; we got a long drive!" She says, taking everyone's bags and throwing them into the back of the big van. "I, however, am not driving, Niall want to drive?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Sure, Char, you gonna ride upfront with me?"

I nod my head climbing into the front seat. "Louis and I will sit in the back!" Harry offers, pulling Louis into the back with him. Liam and Gabs then sat behind us.

"So, where are we going?" Niall asked after closing the driver's door.

"Follow the GPS, sir," Gabriella points out. He nods and begins to drive out of the airport parking lot.

"Alright, so we know we are going to your cottage Charlotte, but where is that?" Liam asks from behind me.

"Where are going to Manitoulin Island, which is about a 5-hour drive," I reply after turning to look at them. Everyone's expression turned to shock, "It will be worth it; trust me."

"You mean to tell me we are stuck in this van for five more hours?" Louis exhales as Harry looks out the window and starts singing to himself.

"It's worth the drive, we promise," Gabs backs me up.

Niall continues to drive as I put some road trip music on while Louis and Liam complain about the drive, as soon as they hear Sweet Home Alabama come on they shut up, and the whole car burst out in song.

We had sung songs for probably an hour until I heard, "I have to wee," faintly from the back of the van. I turn down the music and turn around to see Harry poking his head out from behind Liam's chair.

"Didn't you go before we left the airport?" Louis says aggressively.

"Yeah, but I drank a lot on the plane," Harry replies, showing Lou his water bottle while Louis lets out an exaggerated sigh.

Grabbing my phone out of the cup holder, "It's okay, Har, we are coming up to a stop shortly, and everyone can grab something to eat before we head on the road again," I reply, glaring at Louis. "Seems like someone needs food."

Louis just glares back at me but then shrugs his shoulders, ultimately giving in to my theory. It takes about another 10 minutes, but we eventually make it to our stop, pulling up to McDonald's, everyone piles out of the van. "No one draw attention to themselves," Liam insists before opening the front door to the building, holding it open for everyone to walk in.

Harry and Gabriella rush off to the bathroom while the rest of us line up to order something for lunch. Liam and Louis ordered first while Niall and I figured out what we wanted to eat. After they were finished ordering, we walked up to the counter and immediately was recognized, "Niall Horan?" the boy working the front counter asked.

"You are correct," Niall replied, smiling.

The boy stood there in shock for a moment, shook his head and went back to doing his job, "What can I get for you two?"

We gave him our order and joined Liam and Louis, who were waiting further down the counter. "I love how Niall got noticed, but Liam and Louis didn't," I laughed as we watched Harry and Gabriella come out of the backroom and line up to order. We hear the boy ask if he was Harry Styles when they got up to the front. "Damn, recognizes Harry and Niall, but not you two, fake fan."

Liam and Louis laugh as Harry and Gabs join us. It was about 5 minutes later when all of us started to receive our food and slowly make our way to a table at the side of the restaurant.

It didn't take too long before we were heading back to the van to continue the drive, "No one has to go to the bathroom before we leave?" Niall asked as he unlocked the van.

"I'm gonna quickly go," I say, jogging back inside to go pee. Coming out of the stall, I see Gabriella waiting for me; she just stood there with a massive grin on her face, "What's up?"

"Oh nothing," she says, rocking back and forth from her toes to her heels, keeping the big smile on her face.

I raise my eyebrow and walk over to the sink to wash my hands, "I know you are lying, you wouldn't have followed me in here if you didn't want to tell me something since you already went pee."

Her cheeks began to flush pink, "It's just that," she began to try to explain. "I think I have the smallest crush on Mr. Styles." She finally came out and said.

Shaking my head, I walk over to the drier, "I am pretty sure I noticed that the last time we were all together," I reply, and she begins to stare off into the distance.

Snapping back to reality, "Any chance you could try to help a girl out?" she asks as I walk back over to where she is standing.

"I can see what I can do Gabs, but I make no promises, Harry can be oblivious sometimes," I reply as I open the door to the bathroom to leave, "let's go, the boys are probably wondering what is taking so long."

Walking back to the van, I watch Louis raise his arm and tap on his nonexistent watch, "What took you so long?"

"Oh girl stuff, nothing to be concerned about Lou," I replied, opening the passenger door and getting into the van.

Everyone else climbed back into the van, and we were off again.

Three hours later, "We are finally coming up the bridge," I say, pointing out the front window.

"That means we are getting close, right?" Louis yells from the back seat.

Turning around, I reply, "Another 45 minutes roughly."

"Ughh," he growls, sitting back in his seat, crossing his arms, "I just want out."

"Soon, Lou," Gabs assures him as we pull up to the lights which signal when we can cross the bridge.

I put on more cottage tunes to jam to until we get there, finally watching the light turn from red to green. "Here we go, the last leg of the drive," Niall says, following the car in front of him across the bridge.

A short drive across the bridge, we were finally onto the island, "Anyone want to stop to pick up beer?" I ask, knowing we are close to a beer store.

"YES!" Louis yells from the back, "I am gonna need something after this long travel day."

"I agree, I need a nice cold one in my head right about now," Niall insists as we drive into the beer store parking lot.

Everyone climbs out of the van, "People may have noticed you guys at the McDonalds earlier, but I doubt anyone will notice you here." I say as Liam opens the door to the beer store.

The boys walk into the building while Gabs and I wait outside, "How are you doing?" Gabs asks me.

"I am ready to be there honestly," I replied, "It's been a long day, and I am ready to relax."

"Understandable, you'll also finally have other people to help you deal with these losers, so that will be helpful too," she laughs, pointing through the window at them messing around in the store.

Rolling my eyes, I reply, "While Simon and Paul are nice and all, they did shit all for helping me deal with them."

Niall and Harry soon join us outside, "What you two talking about?" Niall asks, coming over and kissing me on the cheek.

"Nothing sweets, just about how much fun we are going to have these next week or so," I reply with a goofy smile on my face.

Harry looks at Gabs, giving her a sweet smile, "I've been looking forward to this for a while."

Gabriella's face turns bright red, "me too." Gabs then slowly turns to face me, and I watch her get excited, I just smile and shake my head at happy that made her.

Louis and Liam finally come out of the store, and we all climb back into the van. "Want me to drive the rest of the way, Nialler?"

"No, it's okay, Char, I got it," Niall replies getting back into the driver's seat and starting the van up. We pulled out of the beer store parking lot and continued across the island.

A couple of minutes down the road all of a sudden, we hear, "Mooo," from the back. Turning around, I see Harry looking out the window at the cows.

"Harry, was that you were mooing at the cows?" I ask, confused.

"It was yes," Louis replies, full of sass.

"What? I like cows," Harry says as Gabs breaks out in giggles.

"Help me," Louis growls under his breath, "I've been stuck back here with him for too long!"

"We are getting closer, Lou, we will be there soon, I promise," I reply as Gabs turns around to look at Lou.

"I can switch seats with you, Lou," Gabriella suggests.

"Thanks, Gabs, but we are almost there, I can survive a bit longer," he laughs as Harry looks offended.

Takes about another 30 minutes until we are pulling into the dirt road towards my cottage. "About 5 minutes out, everyone!" I say, taking off my seatbelt and opening the front windows.

I hear a chorus of Yay's and Finally's as we slowly drive down the windy road. I can sense everyone's anticipation to get out of the van finally and as we turn down the hill towards the cottage, everyone is starting to get ready to get out of the van.

Niall backs into the dirt driveway, and everyone climbs out of the van, stretching and groaning at their stiff muscles. They start to grab bags from the back as I walk towards the back door to unlock it. Opening the door, Harry zooms past me, "where ya going, Har?"

"Bathroom," he says, stopping in the middle of the main room, not knowing where the bathroom was.

Shaking my head, I say, "it's off to your right."

We unpack the rest of the van, and the rest make their way into the cottage, "Alright, first things first, where is everyone sleeping," Liam asks as he hangs onto his bag.

"We won't have enough room for everyone in here come tomorrow when El and Maya get here, but for now, Niall and I will be in the front room off to the right. There's a bed in the other front room off to the left, then there is a bunk bed and a single in the back room," I explain, pointing out which rooms I was referring too.

"I call this room!" Louis yells, running to the second front room as the whole cottage shakes, "ops."

"Yeah, one rule, no running in the cottage," I say as Louis gives me a guilty look.

"Maya and I can sleep outside in the tent, we don't mind," Liam suggests, and everyone nods.

"For tonight, you, Harry and Gabs can sleep in the bunk room and can move outside when El and Maya get here tomorrow," I explained, pointing to the bunk room. Liam, Har and Gabriella nod and walking off to their assigned rooms.

Niall and I walk to our bedroom, and I decided I am going to already put my bathing suit on. Changing into a cute all black bikini Niall eyes me up and down, "lookin' good," he smiles, walking over to kiss me. I blush as he changes into his swim trunks.

Walking out of the bedroom, I noticed that everyone also had the same idea, "I can see everyone has their priorities straight," Gabs says, laughing.

"What time do people want dinner, its currently 4:30 ish," I ask and everyone shares glances.

"Around 8?" Harry finally replies.

"Burgers sound good?" I ask from the kitchen where I was checking the freezer to see what my parents had left for us.

Everyone agrees to burgers and begins to head down to the dock. Niall waits for me as I grab a couple of water bottles, my towel, and toss him a beer, "Ready for a relaxing week, love?"

I walk over to him as he is holding the front door open for me, "I am so ready," I laugh as we walk out of the cottage and down the stone path to the dock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 180 40
Kylie and her best friend, Brooklyn, win a radio contest allowing them to go meet One Direction. Which could change their lives forever.
4.1K 309 14
❝you're strong. you may not know it or may not believe me, but you are. think back to all you've been through. you made it so far already, why not ke...
6.3M 124K 94
One day turns into a lifetime. When two friends win a day with one direction, they never expect what was going to happen next. (This book was writte...
6.8K 123 39
Emily is a normal teenage girl and one day she bumps into the biggest boy band in world and she becomes best friends with them and two of the boys gr...