Teacher, Not Hero (femPercy J...

By hppjmxrgosg

Percy Jackson was tired of the hero gig. It was bloody and messy and had only ever left her bodies to count a... More

Author's Note
One: "I'm sorry, I love you."
Two: Battle Won and Bodies Counted
Three: Memories of War, Bloodshed, and Death
Four: Teacher, Not Hero
Five: So Her Last Name Was Jackson.
Six: In Other Words, I Was Pulling A Kakashi
Seven: What Did You Do To Your Arm And Why Are You Dripping In The Pasta?
Eight: Gotcha
Nine: And Then I Heard The Dial Tone
Ten: Your Children Are Boring Diana
Eleven: Oh No
Twelve: "Never."
Thirteen: One Thing
Fourteen: I'm Never Safe
Fifteen: You Look Like A Fish
Sixteen: Not. Gonna. Happen.
Seventeen: I Mean...It's Percy
Eighteen: A Lot Of Patience
Nineteen: Stitches
Twenty: Boo.
Twenty-One: She Had To Be Alive
Twenty-Two: Fireworks
Twenty-Three: Dumbass Suspenders? Check.
Twenty-Four: Operation Spooky Time: Plus Ultra!
Twenty-Five: Miss Me?
Twenty-Six: Gladiator King of the Court
Twenty-Seven: Equivalent to Hellspawn
Twenty-Eight: A Thousand Questions To An Answer
Twenty-Nine: It's Not Like It's A Secret
Thirty: The Barrel of a Gun
Thirty-One: Only Better
Thirty-Two: Bruce Wayne, At Your Service
Thirty-Three: Threat Level Midnight
Thirty-Four: Whirlwind
Thirty-Five: Heroes of You Yet
Thirty-Six: Something Amazing
Thirty-Seven: Too Many Similarities
Thirty-Eight: Boxes
Thirty-Nine: An Unlucky Number
Forty: Torture
an:
Forty-One: Vibe Check
Forty-Two: The Perfect Predator
Forty-Three: A List Of Cannots
Forty-Four: Monsters
Forty-Five: The Legend of Perseus: Part One
Forty-Seven: A Suspended Moment
A/N: not an update but here I did a thing
Forty-Eight: Right Now
Forty-Nine: Louder than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny
Fifty: Donuts Are Attacking Me
AN PLEASE PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT
Fifty-One: Careful Composure
Fifty-Two: Find
Fifty-Three: Breathe
Fifty-Four: To Fight And Die For Olympus
not a chapter but like hello.
One-Shot-One
Fifty-Five: Something Worth Fighting For
Fifty-Six: Riptide
Fifty-Seven: No One Really Gets Their Soft Epilogue
Fifty-Eight: All These Things
One-Shot-Two
Fifty-Nine: Inner Storm
Sixty: So How Was Hell? Pretty Shit Actually, 0/10
One-Shot-Two: part two
Sixty-One: Alone We Fall, Together We Rise

Forty-Six: The Legend of Perseus: Part Two

12.8K 482 220
By hppjmxrgosg

3rd P.O.V:

--static--

"...we interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this update: a massive storm is gathering over Alaska. Please stay indoors...."

--crack static--

"...this just in: all people in the Alaskan area, please stay in your homes I repeat, stay in your homes..."

--crack static--

"...hey John...recall...fishing...big storm...recall...boats....do...copy?...john...copy copy?.."

--crack static--

"...mom?? Mom can you hear me?? Answer the phone damnit. Don't go outside. Stay home mo..."

--crack static--

"...Sweetie...I don't...when you get....stay  Amy's....don't...home....stay...Amy's...big...storm...I love..."

--crack static--

"...You've reached the Amber Alert System, please state your name and address...."

--crack static--

"...dad...I'm scared..."

--crack static--

"...your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system...the number you are trying to reach is not available..."

--crack static--

......dial tone.

The monster raised his ax.

"You're going to die, little girl." For all his power, his voice barely cut through the shrieking wind. The dark sea at the base of the cliff thrashed as it began to rise.

"I am prepared to face my death. Are you?" The woman's voice was sharp and taunting. It had no trouble rising above the wind. Her words rang clear as a bell over the soon to be battlefield.

The monster charged.

And the ocean responded to the rage of its mistress.

Thousands of miles away, a team of heroes watched on a screen as she called on the black waters to aid her in her battle. The dark wall of ice and water rose behind her and rushed forward with unmatched speed.

A hurricane of ice and rage violently spun around the woman, trendels of the black water following her body and her sword. Her movements were fluid and precise. Not a muscle twitch of wasted motion. The heavens felt her rage as rain and snow began to fall, thunder deafening the air.

Her opponent shook the ground with every step, shadows and fire crashing against her attacks of ice and water. He swung his monstrous battle ax, and as it hit the ground, the ice split in two. A sheet of land fell away from the glacier.

The water lifted up the heroine, a water spout beneath each her feet. They followed her movements and she circled the giant's head.

She raises her bronze sword to strike his face but her blow was met with the handle of his ax. She pushed back, the hurricane slicing at his legs, sweeping his feet. He stood his ground.

From the apex of her water footings, she released them, free-falling to the icy ground beneath her. As she landed on the ice, she drove her sword into the ground down to its hilt. An earthquake began.

The very earth shook as she made her impact, a massive crater forming around her. The monster lost his footing.

With unmatched speed, the demigod freed her blade from the ice, causing another landslide into the violent ocean.

She charged the beast, her strike aiming to kill, but was met with the blade of his ax. There they stood, her rising to his level on a platform of water and ice, blades crossed.

The team of heroes watching in both awe and horror as the demigod stood her ground against the monstrous blow of the giant god. Around them, water met fire as the two elements fought for their masters.

The earth shook once more as the two blades found themselves clashing again. A shock wave emitted from their contact, the force of it decimating the already destroyed landscape. Sparks flew as celestial bronze met the hellish black metal.

"YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME! YOU ARE A BROKE TOOL. USELESS. WORTHLESS. TRASH. ALONE IN A BATTLE SHE CAN'T WIN WITH NO HELP COMING. A DESPERATE LITTLE GIRL WITH NO POSSIBLE WAY TO SAVE HER SISTER. A MONSTER JUST LIKE ALL THOSE THINGS YOU KILL." Tartarus bellowed over the howling wind. His voice full of malice. The demigod smiled.

"Oh good. I was wondering if you missed the memo" She asked, a playful tone on her words. Her aura leaked of killing intent. She readied her sword.

"When I am alone..." Water sliced open the God's leg and shadows mixed with ichor poured out.

"When I have no help coming..." The ground shook as spears of ice shot up towards the Primordial.

"When I am broken..." All around them, the hurricane picked up speed, covering the entire glacier.

"And when I am desperate..." Their blades met once again, the metallic ring filling the air.

Percy Jackson stood, her sword in front of her at the ready. The bitter wind sliced through her raven hair. Blood dripped down the side of her face from a cut on her forehead. Her hands burning from gripping her sword. Her armor scratched and her feet digging into the snow for leverage. Her sea green eyes, blazing with the rage and power of the ocean. Although lacking in size in comparison to the ancient god in front of her, she lacked nothing in power.

"I am at my most dangerous."

And for a moment, the Primordial God of Hell shivered with fear.

Percy raised her sword and with a stab forward and brutal scream, unleashed all of her power on the monster in front of her.

The sky exploded as thunder and lighting rushed to connect with her blade. Electricity danced across it, turning it white before shooting out towards Tartarus.

The black ocean roared with her rage and a tsunami of water and ice rose over her head to crash down on the god.

Racing ahead of it, separate tentacles of water shot forward, impaling him through his armor.

Ice broke through the ground and pulled him down to his knees, chaining him in place.

Frost coated his ax and shattered both of the blades. The handle splintered and split in two.

The fire and darkness that had raged around him were met with an onslaught of water and lightning, latter driving the former into the ground and extinguishing them.

The ground around Percy cracked and the whole glacier shook with her power.

The wind sliced through Tartarus' skin and cut through his armor. And it twisted and sliced at him in every way it could, determine to destroy him.

And as the mist settled and the water retreated, Percy rose from her thrust. She walked toward the bound and bloodied god with her back straight and her head high. The ground cracked where she stepped and lightning sparked off her armor and sword. The dark water followed her feet, weaving through the air and mimicking her motions.

She held her sword to the neck of the god, his head at her chest level as his body was buried under feet of ice. Her eyes blazed with power. Lightning hovered around her sword, the water forming into spikes around her.

"Where. Is. My. Sister." She spoke only four words and yet she conveyed so many more. She had defeated him. He had nothing left. He could tell her and die quick or suffer. There would be no mercy.

But oh the arrogance of gods.

He would not be the first of her enemies to deny their defeat at her hand.

But after today, he would be the last.

"You have not beaten me, little girl. You will never find your sister. You don't even have the conviction to kill me. You are just a weak, little gir-"

Tartarus was cut off by the sword in his chest. The void of his face looked up to the demigod, as if surprised. Golden ichor ran from where his mouth should have been.

"Fine. I will find her myself. But first.."  The demigod removed her sword.

Stepping back, she raised her hand. And for the second time that day, Tartarus felt fear.

"You suffer."

The ancient god died, screaming in agony and begging for mercy as his blood was boiled from the inside out.

And Percy Jackson walked away with nothing more than scratched armor, aching hands, and a cut on her forehead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 687 20
Percy Jackson has lost everything. So she went home to spend time with her mom. But sadly their together was cut short causing her to go and live wit...
215K 7.4K 48
It's a new day. Bruce Wayne has been living the normal life. Billionaire Playboy by day, and Batman by night. Until recently, that is. He's noticed s...
950K 25.5K 73
Perseus Jackson is not a perfect hero, but a scarred, broken, and battle-hardened demigod, the only survivor of The Seven after the Last War. Blamin...
52.2K 1.1K 37
Arianna Hathaway had never expected her life to change in the matter of one night. Now with an unexpected life and challenges she learns she can't fa...