HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 23

4.1K 147 3
By Nyanya_Writes

JANE'S POV

(Flashback)

"So mummy when will you be back?," Elena pouted.

For the first time in her five years , l was leaving her behind for three full days and l felt kind of bad seeing her sad face but l had no other option. It was supposed to be a romantic getaway and it was a very bad idea to tag along with Elena.

" In three days baby. Don't worry. Aunt Lola will take you out to Disney land. You will have lots of fun together. "

I removed my clothes from the closet and dumped them on the bed. I began packing them in my travelling suitcase. It was Saturday and Claudius was taking me on a three day long vacation to a beach house at the outskirts of the city.

My phone beeped besides me. It was message from Claudius.

" l am coming to your place in two hours. Be ready by then. Love you."

I continued with my packing before my phone rang again. I was stunned to see Santiago's name flashing on the screen. Where was he all this time?

" Why didn't you call me all this time? Do you know how worried l was!," l reprimanded him in a sharp voice the moment l answered the phone.

" l caught something big! You gonna love this," he exclaimed in an excited voice.

My heart began thumping in anticipation.

                                         ****
Ten minutes later , l quietly slipped out of the house through the back door and flagged down a taxi. The small cab raced down to the restaurant where l was going to meet up with Santiago. The restaurant was thirty minutes away. And each time , we inched nearer to it ,my heart beat tripled. Sweat appeared on my forehead though it was a cold day. I was scared to confront whatever Santiago had dug out.

He was already there having his coffee when l arrived. He greeted me with one of his infamous grins and l knew he had gotten hold of some important information. I slid into an empty seat opposite him in the booth. I was relieved that he had taken a corner table. I didn't want anyone to eavesdrop on our conversation.

Santiago offered to buy me coffee but l declined. I was feeling too nervous and l couldn't handle a coffee mug . He slid a thin file across the table.

" l almost died for this,Senhorita," he said with a grin.

I reached for the file with trembling hands and withdrew at the last minute. I was scared to confront whatever that was in that file.

" l am really busy today. Just tell me what you got," l stuttered in a dry voice.

Santiago smirked again. What's with this guy and smirks!

" The guy was suspicious just as you expected. I can hit it big if l sell this to the media."

I swallowed in anger . He was now getting on my nerves.

" You do know that we agreed to keep this confidential, right?," l reminded him in a sharp voice.

He threw back his head and laughed.

"I was just Kidding. I am always loyal to my clients."

" Good. Then let's get this done with," l said impatiently.

A waiter placed a hamburger and a glass of chilled cola in front of him. I impatiently watched him as he sunk his teeth into the burger.

" Do you want me to order you some? ," he said between chewing.

I shook my head and checked my watch again. One hour and twenty minutes were left. I didn't want to be late and have Claudius question me . l was keeping this investigation thing a secret from everyone except Felicia.

Santiago leisurely sipped his coffee then said,

"Lucas Moretti bought a small hotel business six years ago in Italy. I still find it suspicious how he managed to groom a small business that was already sinking in debts into something as big and powerful as Moretti chain of hotels. I think he acquired funds from somewhere but l wasn't able to find out where."

I impatiently watched him took another bite.  How unprofessional of him! My time was already ticking away.

" l went to Italy. I knew a guy like Moretti would have a connection with night clubs. I asked about him around Venice's expensive night clubs. I met a guy who seemed to detest him a lot but he wouldn't spill out a thing. I had trouble getting him drunk and he ended up saying a lot of shit about Moretti. "

" What did he say? ," l asked nervously.

" The guy used to be a surgeon assistant at some fancy private hospital. Unfortunately he was fired by the surgeon and he hates his guts," his voice trailed off.

Santiago leaned forward and dropped his voice to a murmur.

" The surgeon is Moretti's friend and partner in crime. He helped Lucas get a plastic surgery six years ago and the guy l met at the club was the surgeon's assistant during that surgery."

I felt my breath being knocked out of me. My heart began thumping widely with the now familiar hatred . My hands were shaking so badly that l had to hid them under the table.

"I recorded him. I have already forward the audio to your email ."

I faintly heard his voice above the blood pumping into my head at an insane speed.

" Miss Jane!," Santiago called me whilst clicking his fingers in front of my face.

I blinked in confusion then realised that l had zoned out.

"Lucas has a fiance. Her name is Silvia Paula . She is an heiress to one of the biggest Advertising firm in the country. Her family also owns a fashion company in Paris. The two are getting married in an hour at St Peter's Cathedral."

My eyes widened at the last information.

" Once Moretti company join hands with Paula industries, Moretti will be one of the most powerful man in Brazil. I also had to drag the drunken guy back to his apartment to see Luca's surgery records. The doctor gave him the records to burn six years ago but he kept them for some unknown reason. Inside the file , there is a photo of Lucas's original face."

I quickly scanned the file in my trembling hands. I gasped out loud as Ferracco's unsmiling face stared back at me.

I quickly opened my bag and slapped a few dollars on the table. Santiago stared at me blankly. I had already paid him.

" Go into hiding for some days. They might be looking for you," l said nervously.

" l need a favour from you. Lend me your car for the next hour," l added in a trembling voice.

                                            ****

The small car raced down the tarred road like a tiny black beetle. My phone rang besides me. I saw Claudius's name flashing on the screen.

Damn! I had completely forgotten about him. I swiped the green icon to answer the call.

"Jane! I have been waiting for you for like an hour now. Where are you?"

His worried voice came through.

"I am really sorry , Claudius. I can't go on that vacation with you. Something important came up. I promise l will explain when l get back."

"But Jane...."

I hung up on him. There was no time for explanations. I was going to sabotage Ferracco's wedding. I wasn't going to sit back and watch him join hands with the most ruthless and powerful businessman in Brazil.

If that happens, he was going to be nearly impossible to take down. My phone rang again. It was Lola this time. I ignored it and continued driving. A message from her popped up.

" Why are you ignoring my calls? Where are you? Everyone at home is freaking worried about you."

I pressed my foot on the gas pedal and the car went flying down the road.

A/N: Until next time lovelies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 1.8K 16
Him : it's was just a revenge and i don't have ever loved you one more thing forget everything . Her : What was my mistake, why did you do this to m...
403K 21.9K 64
#1 Mistakes - 07.07.18 #3 Spiritual - 19.06.18 #1 Mistakes - 27.08.18 #1 Mistakes - 16.10.18 #3 Inspirational - 26.10.18 #1 Inspirational- 10.11.18 #...
1.4M 45K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
5.6K 309 21
She loves him as long as she knows what is love. She fell in love with him when she first laid eyes on him. But fate played it's roll and got him mar...