The Unbreakables (BWHM)

Autorstwa Literary_Spirit

Two weeks had passed since my parents had come to the Bahamas and we still knew absolutely nothing. They even... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 /Antonio's POV
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 14

539 51 5
Autorstwa Literary_Spirit

In my room I had time to think about all the things I had just learned from Antonio and Kenyon. People were actually still being sold in this day and age. How could this still be happening? The pressure was now on with a vengeance for me to find Miah. I couldn't bear the thought of her being sold or bought by anyone. Miah being made to perform depraved acts on someone's whim made me sick with disgust and worry. I thought about Detective Rodriguez and the pain he had been carrying with him all these years. God how did he sleep at night, not knowing what had come of his sister?

My mind drifted to earlier that morning when he charged into Mr. Michael's office like a bull. When Antonio appeared in Kenyon's office doorway, the first sight of him made my body freeze and melt all at the same time. I felt almost as if I was drowning in his eyes, which happened to be the exact color of my favorite chocolate bar.

Those feelings definitely put me off balance. I abhorred not being able to control my own emotions. My attraction to Detective Rodriguez took me by surprise. The pull I felt to him was absolutely magnetic. I could tell by the way he carried himself he was use to women falling all over themselves for him and he expected no different from me. Well that was not going to happen. The only interest I would allow myself to have in him, was that which concerned my sister and nothing else. I dropped down on the hotel bed and lay back on the mattress. My mind floated back to all of the pictures of dead victims that lay scattered across Kenyon's desk.

My thoughts became gruesome. The victims faces changed and I began to see Miah in various poses of death. That could be her in one of those folders. An old case in a dusty file cabinet. No I had to stop thinking like that, Miah was not dead.

                                                               *****

A banging on my hotel room door startled me awake. I sat up, shook the last fragments of sleep away and watched as the door knob began to turn. I grabbed my automatic from underneath my pillow and eased out of the bed. I approached the window to see who it was. Detective Rodriguez stood outside the door. I put my jacket on and then slid the gun in the waist line of my jeans. When I opened the door Detective Rodriguez glanced down at his watch he then looked back at me and frowned.

"Oh, I must have forgotten to tell you that where we're going the garbage look is frowned upon."

Detective Rodriguez looked me up and down, his eyes stopping on the hunting boots which were laced up tight on my feet.

"Yeah, well I guess the tired eighties Miami Vice look is back in again." I replied taking in his all black Gucci leisure suit. Damn he looked good and smelt better. Focus Kayla, this is not about him and you, but about Miah.

"Damn Angel, no need to be vicious you can change, I'll wait," He said, brushing pass me into my room without an invitation.

"I'm fine, besides I packed light for the trip," I said, grabbing my back pack off the chair.

"Packed light, what are you talking about? There go a trunk full of clothes right there." He replied pointing to my trunk of goodies in the corner.

"That is not appropriate attire for where ever it is we're going." I answered walking to the door letting him know the conversation of me changing was over. He gave me a funny look and looked back at the trunk in the corner of the room.

"Cool, if you like it, who would I be not to love it."

I followed him down to the hotel parking lot. We walked until we finally reached an all-black new model Camaro sitting on all black costume made rims. The vanity plates on the front of the car read Daddy's Bad Girl. I gave Antonio an 'are you serious' look.

"What?" He asked.

I shook my head in response. He hit a button on his key chain which unlocked both doors and sent the car purring to life. I opened the passenger door and climbed in.

"So why the hell is you staying in this flee bag motel? Crack heads wouldn't be caught dead here." He asked as he turned on the C.D. player. A rapper who I didn't recognize came blaring through the car speakers. I reached forward and turned the volume down.

"No one ask questions." I replied raising my eyebrow at him.

"What questions or you worried about them asking? Could it be questions like what's in the trunk?" He asked giving me a provocative stare. My heart beat sped up.

"That's for me to know and you to forget about," I said, settling back in the seat and folding my arms over my chest.

"Let me guess." He said with a grin.

"Please don't." I groaned.

"Could it be something kinky like whips and chains? Are you into bondage Kayla?" He asked with a laugh that sent goose bumps down the back of my neck and arms.

I just stared at him not dignifying his question with an answer.

"Or is it trashy lingerie? There is nothing like a pair crotchless panties to turn me the hell on." He said giving me a grin which damn near stopped my heart. I turned up the volume on the radio as loud as I could stand it. Antonio laughed wickedly. He drove for fifteen minutes and turned into the parking lot of a club called 'Dimes Are Us'. He drove up to the door and we hopped out of the car. Antonio tossed his keys to the valet and slipped his arm around my waist.

"Relax Kayla and open your mind."

Inside Antonio was greeted warmly by a topless hostess.

"Antonio, what is it now three nights in a row? I must have been doing something right this week." The hostess said with a flirtatious wink. Her gaze left his and landed on me, and then her face screwed into a distasteful frown.

"Antonio you do know there is a dress code here don't you?" She asked, dragging her eyes from me to stare at him.

"There is? You could have fooled me. The majority of the women here have not even bothered to put on any clothes." I said. 

"Kayla angel, remember, seen not heard." Antonio said.

He took control of the situation when the hostess began to puff up with indignation. Producing a hundred dollar bill from his wallet, he and handed it over to the hostess.

"Spice baby, can you please look the other way for me just this once?" He asked with a sexy smile. The hostess looked at me and then rolled her eyes.

"For you sweetheart, sky's the limit," she said.

"Of course it is baby." Antonio replied with a provocative grin and a seductive wink for good measure.

Spice escorted us to a booth which was cloaked in shadows. With one last wink in Antonio's direction she made her way back to the entrance of the club.

"So why are we here again?" I asked with a frown as I watched a stripper lay back pm stage and open her legs so a man could stick a bill in the crotch of her thong underwear.

"Relax Angel and have a walk on the wild side."

A topless waitress walked up.

"Will it be the usual tonight Antonio?" The waitress asked with a promising smile that could've just as easily been an invitation.

"You know me so well Sapphire." Antonio replied with a grin on his face.

Just how well did Sapphire know him?

"And you?" She asked barely giving me a glance.

"Water will be fine, and if you could can you make sure it's in a bottle that would be great, thank you." I answered.

"Sapphire sweetheart, bring my friend here what I'm having and instead of you giving it to her straight, chase it with a coke and add lots of rocks," Antonio said.

Sapphire gave Antonio a wink and strutted off to the bar like she was on a cat walk.

"Antonio, alcohol is not really my thing. I would like to have a level head tonight." I told him with a frown.

"Would you stop acting like the only nun in a whorehouse? The liquor will help you relax and forget about your surroundings. You'll be able to concentrate on what we came here for." He replied lowering his voice.

"I don't have a problem with my surroundings." I objected sitting back in my chair. I looked at my hands and tried not to pay attention to the stripper who was giving a man an explicit tabletop dance.

"Antonio, I see you brought the entertainment with you tonight. Don't care much for the wrapping though, but hey, some of the best gifts come in shitty wrapping." A skinny bald Latino man said sitting down at our table.

"Sorry Tiger her visit here is strictly business. I need some more information." Antonio said.

"What? I thought you would be in the Bahamas by now. Did our chicken give you the slip?" Tiger asked with a laugh.

"No, it seems our chicken has come home to roost." Antonio replied sitting back in his chair allowing Sapphire to sit our drinks on the table.

"Sapphire, strut your sexy ass back up to the bar and get me a Hennessey on the rocks. If you put on a good show for Daddy, I just might introduce you to my friend Benjamin Big Face Franklin." Tiger said leering at Sapphire as if she was a piece of meat that was supplied personally for him. Sapphire sauntered off to get Tiger's drink.

Tiger gave me a sideways glance. "You gotta be shittin me."

"Do it look like I got that type time to be shittin you?" Antonio said, before taking a sip of his drink.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" I asked.

"Nothing that concerns you Angel, now sip your drink so we can get down to business." Antonio replied. The drink had a kick, but since it tasted more like coke than not, I drained the glass in no time.

"I thought you would like that Angel. Slow down though, the bar doesn't have anywhere to be, it's here all night for your pleasure." Antonio said with a grin that was damn near irresistible.

I gave him a tentative smile, loving the warm feeling that was starting to spread in my belly.

"Okay Tiger, so tell me have you heard anything about the purchase of the Queen of Sheba?" Antonio asked.

Tiger's eyes narrowed, a fraction. I could tell that Antonio's question had caught him off guard, but he played it off by releasing a low whistle. "Antonio boy you must have hit the lottery because a question like that is gonna most definitely cost you some change."

Antonio looked at Tiger for a minute, muttering something under his breath, and then pulled some cash from his jacket, slamming the bills down on the table making the liquor swoosh around in our glasses.

"I hear Victor Hernandez made a pretty penny for putting a seller in touch with a go between who would help him find a buyer for that cargo." Tiger replied.

"Do you have a name for the middle man?" Antonio asked leaning forward.

"No, only Victor knows that. He don't get paid top dollar for knowing what everyone else knows."

Sapphire came back with Tiger's drink and sat another one in front of me.

"Wait, I didn't order-" I began.

"China says hello." Sapphire replied with a coy smile. I followed her gaze to the where a beautiful Asian stripper gave me wave; I nodded in gratitude and let my gaze drop.

"Whoa, now that's hot." Tiger said with his mouth hanging open.

"Hernandez, where can I find him?" Antonio asked still all business.

I watched him lick his lips and the sight of his tongue made my legs tremble. I took another gulp of my drink to get the image out of my mind.

Damn Kayla, focus girl Hernandez.

"He has a spot he chills at in little Havana." Tiger said motioning to the Asian stripper who had just sent me the drink.

"Can you get me a meeting?" Antonio asked.

"Yeah for a-" Tiger started.

"I know for a price, but will he talk."

"Look I can get you in to see him but the rest is up to you. Damn Antonio I can't do everything." Tiger replied with an attitude.

I giggled and hiccupped at the same time. For the life of me I didn't know what the hell was so funny, but at that moment words just seemed so funny to me. Especially, from someone who'd looked as if he'd just been held down and shaved. This time I laughed a little harder. Tiger and Antonio looked at me as if I had lost my mind, and then Tiger began to laugh.

"Your girl is wasted Antonio."

Antonio gave me a sideways glance and tossed a couple of bills on the table. China chose that moment to show up at our table.

"Hey Antonio, I hope you and your friend aren't leaving already? The fun hasn't even begun."

"My friend has had a little too much fun tonight already. It's time to put her to bed." Antonio said frowning down at me.

"Ooh can I come. She just may need a woman's touch," China said, licking her lips.

"Shit can I come too?" Tiger asked, clapping his hands together.

Antonio shot Tiger a glare, before turning back to China,"Not tonight sweetheart, but real soon."

"Let's go Kayla." Antonio barked grabbing me by the arm and snatching me out of the chair.

"What happened to Angel?" I asked with a grin.

Without responding, he dragged me through entrance. Outside the club we waited for the driver to bring the car around.

"Kayla I told you to drink to relax, not to get drunk and flirt with everything that moved in the club." Antonio snapped at me.

"Stop being dramatic, I wasn't flirting with anyone." I replied grateful that the valet had finally pulled Antonio's car around. I was beginning to feel dizzy from standing. Antonio walked me around to the passenger side of his car. He opened the door for me but didn't bother to help me in or close the door.

"Look I need your head in the game when we do things like this. If I knew you had a problem with alcohol I never would've offered you a drink. How long were you sober before you tossed it away with that first drink?" Antonio asked.

I stared at him a full ten seconds before fell into uncontrollable giggles.

"Oh, this shit is funny to you?"

"You idiot, I don't have an alcohol problem. I never drink so I have a low tolerance for alcohol. It took me a little by surprise, that's all," I said.

Antonio looked over at me; I could tell he was trying to decide whether or not to believe me.

"So what was with all of those come hither looks you were shooting my way?" He asked pulling to a stop at a red light.

"Okay, now it's my turn to ask if you're drunk. What come hither looks?" I asked in wide eyed innocence.

"Hm."

We rode in silence for a few minutes after that.

"What was she like?" Antonio asked.

He had spoken so softly I wasn't sure if he had spoken at all.

"What was who like?" I asked with a frown.

"Alejandra. What was she like when you met her?"

"Well I didn't really spend much time with her to be able to give you an accurate account." I answered not wanting to tell him his sister was weird as hell.

"Anything you can remember would be good. I've been looking for my twelve year old sister for so long the thought of her becoming a woman never entered my mind. When I saw her picture today it hit me, my little sister is now a full grown. So much time has been lost; so many things have been missed. I can't help but wonder if I find her...when I find her, what would be there for us? What kind of relationship will we now have?"

I stared at him not really knowing what to say. The raw emotion in his voice aggravated my worst fears.

"I remember meeting her and thinking to myself how beautiful she was. She was quiet and reserved. To tell you the truth that put me off a little, but when I asked Miah about her she told me Zyonn-"

"Alejandra." Antonio corrected.

"Alejandra was funny, clever, and she loved to laugh. She said if I allowed myself the chance to know her I would love her as much as she did if not more," I said.

Antonio smiled and when he looked at me I could see the resemblance between him and Alejandra, which I missed between Caleb and Zyonna.

"That sounds like her."

Antonio walked me up to my room. Thinking about him and Alejandra and all the years they had lost made me think about Miah. I wondered if years would go by before I was able to see my little sister again. I couldn't breathe, I found myself gasping for air. Antonio grabbed me around my waist and guided me to the bed.

"Hey, Angel you alright? Calm down baby, breathe...that's right Angel...in and out. Hold your head between your legs; I'm going to get you some water."

I heard water running in the bathroom.

"Here drink this Angel," he said, handing me a plastic cup.

After I caught my breath I looked deep into Antonio eyes and allowed my worst fears to bubble from my mouth. "What if we never find them? What if this Victor Hernandez guy is just another dead end? What then?" I questioned letting all of my frustrations over the past six months pool to the surface.

"We will find them. No matter what happens tomorrow with Victor Hernandez we will find them." He said taking my face into his hands.

The strength of his voice verified the validity of his words. I found myself leaning into him, wanting to surround myself with him. He shattered the moment by looking away.
"Look Kayla, I don't want to take advantage of you. . ." He said letting his voice trail. He tried to rise from the bed. Not understanding why, I knew I didn't want him to go.

"Antonio, can you please stay?" I asked.

I looked at the ground. I didn't want to see the rejection in his eyes.

"Kayla, it's the liquor." He said warily.

"No, not like that. I mean until I fall asleep. I've been alone for a very long time. It'd be nice to hear someone else's breathing instead of my own for a change." I built up the courage to look at him. For a moment his eyes appeared tortured, but then they changed, and became more...well, intense. Slowly, he walked to the bed and lay down. He watched me for a second, and then sighed, as he pulled me into his arms.

I'm not sure when it came or how long it took. All I knew was, peace was finally mine to claim and for the first time in years I slept through the night.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

105 2 36
*COMPLETED* This must be our Lake house I inspect the rest of the house and pull down the string that leads up to the attic I head up and there's box...
2K 104 16
"Here it's an invite to Damon's party even though we both know that you wouldn't dare step foot the hunters territory again...." Amelia Airheart thre...
190 33 10
Taylor lied to me all these years and i couldn't believe i was blinded to see it happening. It was true i loved him but i have ask myself if i love h...
248 37 17
I ran downstairs and opened the door. I looked around but didn't see anyone. I stood watching the light rain falling when I heard a quiet sound on th...