Yesterday - Bucciarati Fanfic...

By PhysicalTurian

Alda Emesto, 21 years old waitress works at Libeccio, a restaurant in the centre of Naples. She did not know... More

Chapter 1 - Meeting
Chapter 2 - Bodyguard
Chapter 3 - Chi s'assomiglia si piglia
Chapter 4 - Bad shit
Chapter 5 - On edge
Chapter 6 - Hold you
Chapter 7 - Wingman
Chapter 8 - Caring
Chapter 9 - Capo
Chapter 10 - Quite the pair
Chapter 11 - I'm not weak
Chapter 12 - Tango
Chapter 13 - Fight or flight
Chapter 14 - Sucker punch
Chapter 15 - Attraction
Chapter 16 - Tomorrow
Chapter 17 - This is it
Chapter 19 - I'm scared but I love you
Chapter 20 - I'm happy
Chaper 21 - Touch me
Chapter 22 - Relax
Chapter 23 - Let's play pool
Chapter 24 - Sunday bloody sunday
Chapter 25 - Ravenous of your touch
Chapter 26 - The no no square
Chapter 27 - How to get rid of mold
Chapter 28 - What principles?
Chapter 29 - Satiated? Never. (NSFW)
Chapter 30 - Promised
Chapter 31 - Can't promise
Chapter 32 - Believe
Chapter 33 - The Emissary

Chapter 18 - She's family

671 23 37
By PhysicalTurian

TW : mention of blood ; detailed depiction of fighting with a knife and what comes along this. ; mention of death (briefly)

"Let's get those bastards." I told him in a sweet voice as we entered the palace. Shaking his head, he leaned towards me with a smirk. "All in due time, amore. Behave" facing him in one quick move I was surprised by his choice of words but only nodded in response as we entered the hall. Upon reaching the main hall, I had to stop Bruno from going forward as I took a good look around. It was stunning, the first thing I saw was the two flights of stairs on each side of the room, that's where Bruno was guiding us, I assumed it was where the party was happening. But if we went straight ahead, there were stairs that went deeper in, I could see a closed room with darker lights. People seemed to be enjoying themselves in more debauched way than just dancing, it made me look away quickly as I resumed our walk towards the stairs.

The hall was wide, and would be full of light it wasn't night but it wasn't warm, it would have felt unwelcoming if not for the music and laughter coming from the room above us. Large windows decorated the walls, along a few pillars, they were made of a pink rock that I did not know the name of, but it was truly magnificent. As we climbed up the stairs, a large arch welcomed us and with what greeted us upstairs I was now sure this was a palace; A great ballroom filled to the brim with people dressed their best, almost everyone men wore neutral colors, except for the few mop of heads I could see from my spot, people with blue hair, green, violet. Apart from those few colorful ones, everyone was simple, yet they were clearly all dressed to impress.

Looking around, tall windows were wide open and led to an outside terrace which seemed also pretty full of people. I tightened my hold on Bruno's arm as I came to the realization of how many people there were, I really hoped we wouldn't have to talk to each of them or else I'd probably have a panic attack before the end of this event. "Everything okay?" he asked softly just before we stepped inside the room. Acquiescing I told him I'd live, "I did not know there would be so many people, but if you're by my side I'll be good, so please don't wander off." I said with a shaky laugh, as I marched forward and entered the room with Bruno by my side. People's heads turned our way in a matter of seconds, I kept a gracious smile on my lips and looked straight ahead as we walked but those whispers around us were hard to ignore. I was almost tempted to used Penny Lane to not hear their probable judgement.

Leaning close to me, Bruno spoke in a hushed tone with a charming smile while I looked at everyone curiously, "They're looking because you're gorgeous." Pausing a moment, he continued "Of course they can look, but they should know you're mine." His words were followed by a kiss on my temple and if I wasn't in this situation I would be melting in a puddle of embarrassment. Clearing my throat, feeling my cheeks heating up ever so slightly, I didn't respond. Instead I kept my chin up and focused on going to that one spot where there were fewer people. Hearing his soft chuckle, I rolled my eyes, he was playing with me and having fun, good for him but I was a mess. But it didn't matter, I could handle it. I'm here as his plus one, so I have to act as such.

"Bucciarati!" a joyful voice interrupted us as the owner appeared in our view, it was the man I saw in the distance, the one with violet colored hair. He also wore a purple mask on his eyes for some reason, but I was not one to judge, if he liked it then so be it. "Ciao Melone, how are you?" Bruno asked as he shook the man's hand tightly, extending my hand to do so too, the bright man smiled at me and brought my hand to his lips, kissing the back of my hand before letting go. My smile was unwavering but I wanted to pull away the moment he kissed it, perhaps he wasn't a bad guy but it was also unwanted attention. "And who might you be, bella?" he asked in a flirtatious tone as he straightened his back. I could either tell me to get out of my sight, or play along and tell him. "Don't." I heard Bruno's voice next to me, as he threw a deadly glare at the man in front of us. "She's with me." It only seemed to fuel his attitude, smirking, Melone teased in a playful tone, "Oh but I'm sure we could have a great time together, don't you think-" ah fuck it.

Interrupting him, I displayed a coy smile on my face, "Oh I'm sorry but I'm not interested. Like my Capo told you, we're here together," I cooed before showing him the ring quickly, letting my hand fall to my side as I continued, "You know." I grinned and felt Bruno bring me closer to him. I did not know if I should call him Bruno or Bucciarati in front of other members so I opted for his rank, which seemed like the safer option. Melone's face blanched, I was aware there was this rule in the mafia world that went something like, 'never look at your friend's wife'. Perhaps it wasn't in use with the new Don, but the way the purple-haired man blanched, it seemed I had struck a chord. In the background a blue-haired man was laughing his ass off at the exchange.

"I'm sorry Bucciarati," he apologized quickly before joining his friend whom hit the back of his head once he was by his side. Watching them disappear in the crowd, I let out a sigh "Well now they might get the idea we're married, but at least they'll stop making advances, right?" I chuckled, glancing up at Bruno, almost choking at the look he was giving me; I could only describe it as hungry and it made my heart pound hard in my chest yet I stared right back at him with a confused look. Noticing in the background a waiter passing by I signaled him to come so that I could grab something from the tray. I took a champagne flute for Bruno but being that I didn't drink I didn't take anything.

Facing Bruno again, I handed him the glass hesitantly. He still had not spoken since Melone left and just kept staring at me, it was intense and as much as I liked staring challenges, this one I would rather not participate in. I knew he'd win since I couldn't not stop myself from fidgeting under his gaze. Instead of focusing on the raven-haired man, I decided to scan the room to see if there was anything odd, anything out of place. As I observed around the ballroom discretely, I felt Bruno's grasp on my chin as he turned my head to face him. Looking down at me, I saw his face getting closer and closer. I couldn't keep looking at him, instead I closed my eyes, expecting his lips to meet mine, my fast beating heart muffled the sound of everything around. Then I felt a pressure on my forehead. Opening my eyes, I could see his neck and his Adam's apple bobbing as he spoke.

"God, you're driving me crazy." He breathed out before pulling away, a smile on his face as his cheeks were tinted slightly redder than usual. Finally taking the flute from my hand, he turned around and shoved his free hand in his pocket. I was still speechless from what had just happened, did I imagine this almost kiss or was it real? Had he planned on kissing me, but then changed his mind? I'm sure I'm reading the atmosphere wrong, who am I kidding? I scoffed and leaned on the high table behind us. "There doesn't seem to be anything odd for now, do you think the others have found anything?" I asked him casually. Turning around to face me, he tsked. "Don't lean on the table like this, amore." With a huff I moved off the table, "Well my feet hurt and you were my support but you prefer to stay away." Why was I childish like this? He was barely one step away from me, it wasn't weird to do that but I wanted him right next to me. I wanted to have him by my side so that I knew he wouldn't wander off.

Shaking his head with a grin, he put his glass down and grabbed both of my hands in his before pulling me closer. Closer as in, right in front of him as he intertwined his hands together on the small of my back. "You're making this so difficult." He whispered right next to my ear, making me feel a shiver run down my spine but I didn't move. Instead, I laughed nervously, "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm the one who made Melone go away if I recall." I said proudly as I looked up at him with a beaming smile. Letting a breathy laugh, he grinned as looked down at me with a strange look. "Yes, that." There seemed to be something else behind his words, I couldn't quite catch what it was. We couldn't stay like this any longer, we had a mission. Whilst I wanted nothing more than to stay close to him, I unhooked his hands from my back and wrapped my arm around his.

"We still have a job to do, capo." I told him with a grin, which earned me a grunt. Surprised, I looked at him as we walked through the sea of people. "Don't call me capo, I already told you that, amore." He explained with a tight smile. "Oh right, I'm sorry. I just didn't know if I could call you by your first name in front of other members or-" he interrupted me with a small genuine laugh, "Amore, they already believe you're my wife. I'm sure they'd expect you to call me Bruno, mh?" he told me with a gentle tone. He was right, I suppose. Maybe I should call him sweet names too? That's what couples do, right? I mean, technically. Since we're not a couple. Oh god, I don't think I'll ever be able to fake it. If I start calling him nicknames, I'll only dig my grave. "You're right... caro." I said playfully, scolding myself internally. If he was surprised, he did not show it and we continued walking until we reached a spot in the corner of the room where we could sit, but also see the entirety of the place.

Sitting down with his ankle over his knee, Bruno pulled out his phone and started typing while I stood there, my hands clasped together in front of me. I didn't know if I should sit with him or just wait for him to finish texting, as he'd probably stand up afterwards. "Amore, you can sit down you know." He told me sweetly, pulling me sown gently by the hand. Sitting by his side, elegantly if I do say so myself, I hummed to the tune playing in the background, waiting for him to be done. Now that I think about it, there was still the dance that had to happen soon. "Good girl." I heard Bruno whisper the moment I sat down, I faced him quickly but he didn't look up from his screen. All I could see was the smirk on his face. Was it allowed? To be like that? I could also call him names, but at the same I would claim it would be to keep up the façade of being his plus one. Who was I kidding? it was not for that at all. I just wanted to be able to call me affectionate names like he did with me, but by doing so I would embarrass myself. I won't. I won't call him sweet names...? I'll just wait.

I hated waiting. Even more so when we were working on something as big as, taking down those stand users. So, I started bouncing my leg as I looked around the room again. I noticed Giorno and Mista mingling with everyone, as the Don he had to have small talks with most people around. It's something I wouldn't wish on anyone, how tiring would that be. I already thought there would be more people coming to talk with Bruno but for now, only Melone came by. "Relax," I heard Bruno say as he wrapped an arm around my waist, putting his phone away. "I checked with everyone; they haven't seen anything weird for now." He told me softly while brushing his thumb on my waist. Nodding, my gaze traveled around the room, still focused. That's when I remembered, "Oh right, I have a question." Turning to face him I raised a brow, "Is the dance soon? I'd like to prepare mentally, by knowing if it's a tango or a waltz." I told him with a determined look.

Laughing lowly, he looked down with a beaming smile, "About that," he started in a light tone before meeting my eyes. "It will be a waltz. It's going to be soon, as you can see they're clearing the floor." he gestured to the people I front of us as people started moving around, some leaving the room, others gathering in a wide circle to make space for the ones who wanted to dance. "Ah, right. So...no tango? Shame, we worked so hard." As much as I was relieved, we did practice a lot which made me a bit sad to not show off what I'd learn. But it was ok, the waltz will be just as great. Bruno hummed, a thoughtful expression on his face, "The tango, yes. I'll admit, I taught you that so that I could spend more time with you." His sapphire gaze was resting on mine. It took me a moment to take in what he just said, but when I did, my eyes widened for a moment before looking to side with my face bright red. He chuckled at my reaction but didn't speak any further.

"That's cool. I don't mind." I really did not, without those tango lessons I wouldn't have been pressed against him all those times, I wouldn't have seen him so close and so disheveled, which was quite the sight. We did have great moments during practice, and in the end, I wasn't that bad at tango. I could only thank him for this, if not for teaching me then for spending his time with me. I enjoyed it. "I enjoyed you- it. I enjoyed it and it didn't hm. Like. Lower the quality of the waltz lessons so. Yeah. I..." tucking a strand of hair behind my ear I noticed my tone was lowering the more I spoke, so I took a deep breath. "So yeah, I liked spending time with you too." He stared at me with a twinkle in his eyes, and as he was about to speak, we heard someone announce the opening of the ball. I stood up quickly and pulled Bruno up by grabbing both of his hands. "Let's dance." I said softly with a smile as he guided me to the dance floor.

In the middle there was Mista and Giorno. The Don was at the center, surrounded by his capos. While around him were nine different pairs of dancers, Bruno and I included. "We're a lot more than what I'd expected. Ten, we're ten- I mean twenty but you-" I looked around with a neutral expression on my face, but I felt knots in my stomach as we set ourselves in the position we had practiced oh so many times. "I'm counting on you to lead, because right now I feel like I'm going to mess it up." I said with a bright smile to mask the fact that I was on the brink of freaking out. The hubbub around us had died down, everyone was now either waiting for the dance to begin, or talking outside. When did my life become this? I never thought I be opening a mafia ball with one of the capos, ever. "Remember, look at me. Let the music guide you, you're not going to hit anyone, amore." He said the last part with a chuckle then put his left hand on my hip, as his right one grabbed my left hand.

Slowly the band began the music and we started moving, a calm pace. "I'd rather let you guide me than the music if I'm being honest." I told him through a charming smile, making it look like ventriloquism. He laughed lightly, pushing me away as I twirled before being brought close to him again, his mouth close to my face as he spoke. "Is that so? You must trust me then." He whispered with a gentle smile as continue to sway across the room. It was different than what he used to do, here we waltzed around the Don, as he swayed in the middle with Mista. Bruno and I both pushed and pulled away and towards each other to the rhythm of the music. "I do, I trust you with my life." I answered as we kept our pace. I was focused on his face but I could see his gaze scanned the room as we moved around. Looking down at me with a composed expression, he hummed before pushing me away, I pivoted and he drew me closer, my back against him.

"You do realize it's a dangerous world I live in?" he breathed in my ear before twirling me around again, I was now facing him. I knew full well his world was different than mine, I had thought about it but that didn't stop me from wanting him. "I do." I gritted through a smile, "Realize that. But let's say, I like danger." I told him with a chuckle as we continued to sway across the dance floor, our steps in perfect synchronization. I couldn't stop staring at him, so much so that I had forgotten how many people were around us. I had forgotten about the mission, it was just him and I, in our own little world. Tightening his hold around my waist, he pulled me closer, "Good, because I like to think my second name is danger." He purred before observing my reaction. Once I understood what he meant I felt my face heat up but didn't stay anything. It satisfied him; I could see it by the smug smile on his face. "That's dumb, you can do better." I mumbled while looking over his shoulder instead of his face.

The music was approaching its end, around us there were more people than at the beginning. They observed in awe the people dancing, I guess I was part of them too, I thought with a chuckle. "Do you not like my subtlety?" he asked with a teasing smile before twirling me one time, two time, pull. I'm against him again. He called that subtlety, I called it cheesy. But I'm sure he was the type of person that could flirt well if they wanted too. "I'm just saying you could do better." I teased back with a delicate laugh as we took one big step away from each other, our arms extended as we held each other's hand. One tug and I was back in his embrace, "I could do better, yes." He started in a low seductive tone, that was seductive, right? "But then I'm afraid I could not longer remain professional." He admitted, his breath caressing the shell of my ear. What did he mean by that? I couldn't respond to that; I did not have the required flirt to match him. Instead I avoided his gaze, feeling my neck and ears burning. "Why do you shy away, little dove?" he was taunting. Behind his word I could hear him telling me I asked for this, I asked for his flirty attitude. "I'm not." but I was. I definitely was shying away.

Finally, the song ended, everyone stopped in their tracks and held their partners close as a thunder of applause echoed around us. That was done, it went smoother than I'd expect and now, no more dancing. As people started leaving the dance floor, others stepped inside; pulling away from Bruno I hooked my arm around his and started walking away from any sorts of incoming dancing. Once we reached a table, I stopped and let go of his arm. "Without you, I think people might have ended up at the hospital." I said jokingly as I looked up at his charming face. Grabbing a flute from the waitress' tray, he spoke quickly to her, earning a nod from the professional, before looking back at me. "Don't doubt your skills, amore. You would have done fine without me." He explained, hiding his smile behind the glass as he took a sip. Inside I was curious, should I ask? No... yes... Humming as I looked to the side, trying to make it casual I asked "What did you ask her? The waitress I mean..." but I didn't dare meeting his eyes.

Hearing a snort, I then heard the cling of the glass touching the table before seeing Bruno grinning from the corner of my eyes. "If I didn't know better, I'd say it sounded like jealousy." He said in a sing-song voice. I wasn't jealous, I was just curious. I didn't care who he talked to; I was the one with him tonight not anyone else. Scoffing, I shook my head, "I'm not the jealous type," I started before looking up at him as I cleared my throat, "But like... should I be? I mean, just hypothetically you know if like we were dating or something." Bruno raised his brows in response, before pondering out loud. "Hypothetically, you shouldn't be jealous. I'd only have eyes for you," he began as he finished his drink, looking at me from the corner of his eyes. "Hypothetically, of course." He added mischievously. I nodded and let my gaze travel across the room, that's when I saw the waitress coming back, she walked a straight line towards us. "Here's the water you ordered, Capo Bucciarati." She spoke in a professional manner as she handed Bruno the drink, he thanked her in return. She left as soon as she came.

"Here," he handed me the glass of water with a prideful smile, I took it hesitantly and took a hesitant sip while still staring at him. "Hypothetically, you would have been jealous over a glass of water." He added with a chuckle. I snorted and spilled water on the ground. Apologizing repeatedly, I was fortunate to only have spilled some on the floor and not on our outfits. "I told you I wasn't-" I was interrupted by a pair of voices I was familiar with. "Bucciarati! Coda!" it was Narancia with Fugo at his side. Once they joined us, I put the glass down before Narancia grabbed my arms and excitedly told me our dance was so cool, so beautiful. "I asked Panni if he wanted to dance but he refused-" he got interrupted by the blond man whom nudged his side, muttering something along the line of 'Don't call me Panni in public' but the boy only pouted in response before crossing his arms over his chest.

"Was there a reason why you rushed here?" Bruno asked, bringing them back on topic. Both men nodded and Fugo spoke in serious tone, "There doesn't seem to be anything inside, or at least nothing we can see. Giorno suggested Coda used her ability somewhere no one can see her, that way we might get an idea of where they are." He explained calmly, Narancia had a calmer expression on his face too, as loud and sometimes childish as he was, he knew how to be serious in dire times. Bruno agreed, "Do we have any news from La Squadra?" the Capo asked, his tone was more serious than the one he used with me, he was clearly in what I called his mafia mode. "Pesci's ability is almost useless with the amount of people here, but with Prosciutto they're on guard of anything odd, just like the other. Everyone's here except Risotto." Fugo told us with a frown, it seemed it was odd for that Risotto character to not be there, but I couldn't know.

Bruno nodded and told them we'd check outside, then added they shouldn't hesitate to tell us if anything out of the ordinary happened. They agreed, telling us we'd see each other soon enough. Before following the raven-haired man outside, I chugged my glass of water then we stepped in the outdoor. The terrace was as impressive as the inside of the palace, there were table for people to dine along some fancy lanterns hanging above our heads. The difference was the outside, people were merrier, louder and definitely more fun from those inside. But that was just my opinion, and no matter how they acted, they were all part of the family and thus they were still at least a bit dangerous. "The atmosphere is definitely different from those snobs inside." I whispered to Bruno with a short laugh. In response he threw me a reprimanding glance, I was quick to correct myself, "I mean not snobs, fancy people." I told him with a sigh, but I still chuckled.

"Watch your mouth bambina, you are part of those snobs right now." He told me in a hushed tone, yet a small smile adorned his face. His eyes scanned our surroundings like a surveillance camera, he was looking for the ideal spot for us to go to use my ability. After a moment of casually walking around the area, interacting with a few people around us as they approached Bucciarati for short discussion, we found a place where no one could see anything. Hugging me, he murmured, "Over my shoulder, next to the plant. We'll go there." To the outside people, it looked like a simple hug between two people but it was hardly that, we were planning. Nodding I pushed him away I threw him a questioning look, "Now how do we get there without looking super shady?" I asked behind a fake smile. We had to act like we weren't plotting and just were enjoying the party, which was hard to do but not impossible.

He thought about it for a moment then with crimson cheeks he breathed out, "Do you trust me?" I nodded, of course I did, we talked about it earlier. He sighs then leaned close, putting his lips over my neck and kissing it gently as he wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer. Surprised I gasped at the sensation but before I could complain, he spoke but it sounded like an unintentional purr. "Play along amore. I'm going to move us, if you're uncomfortable tell me." Then he resumed his actions, as he kissed my neck, I felt him guide us to the spot without a problem, people didn't even give us a glance. Except a few of them, maybe it didn't seem convincing enough, I thought in panic. In a split of second, I put a hand on the back of Bruno's head and pushed him further in the crook of my neck as I ran my hand through his hair. A bit out of breath, I apologized "I'm sorry, I thought people were-" feeling his hands on my back as he nipped on my skin I gasped and didn't finish my sentence.

A few seconds later we were where we needed to be, I was against the wall but Bruno didn't stop. Moving my hand from the back of his head to his cheek, I raised his head, a nervous chuckle escaping my lips. "I think you can stop." He seemed in a daze when he looked up but that changed quickly when his eyes opened wide, "Fuck," he muttered, before pulling away. He seemed flustered and out of it but he got over it in a matter of second, "I'm sorry, I-" brushing his thumb over my neck, I tried to take a good look and noticed a hickey. If my face wasn't already red from the ordeal, it was now. I never had a hickey before, I- the first thought that came in my mind was Mista teasing me for that but I shooed the thought away. "It's alright, let's just- let's get on with it." I said quickly. Bruno nodded and moved to be on the look out in case someone made their way here.

Calling out Yesterday, I felt their paws on my shoulders and started seeing everything around me. That's when I realized someone other than Bruno was nearby; I didn't have time to react that I was pined on the wall, a hand on my throat. "What the fuck are you doing." The gigantic man dressed fully in black, with red eyes grunted. In the back of my head there was a ringing, from the description I was given, this was Risotto Nero. I had no idea how the fuck he got there without us noticing but I wasn't going to let him be like this with me, we were on the same side. Hitting his wrist with my elbow he didn't move and I started feeling pain under my skin. It only took Bruno a few seconds to feel something strange was going on, "Risotto! Let her go." It was Bruno, he had a hand on the red-eyed man's chest. But he didn't budge. "She's with me. She's in on the plan, unhand her." He ordered. From what I remembered; Risotto was also a Capo but he wasn't there at the dance. Yet he listened to Bucciarati.

Finally, able to breath I took a deep breath and held onto the wall, glaring at the tall Capo. "You should have known about this, why did you attack me." I rasped, which earned me a quirked of a brow from Risotto. On the side, Bruno asked me if I was okay, I replied I was fine but kept my eyes on the other man who moved his gaze from me to Bruno. "She's not part of the family, why is she here?" his tone was monotone but it was deep, it was like a rumble. Did he just ignore my question? Looking at Bruno, there was a fire in his eyes, but Risotto didn't return it. He had a neutral expression on his face, if not then one of disinterest. "She is part of the family; she is here with me." He insisted, maintaining eye contact with the other capo. Risotto quirked a brow again before letting go of the topic. He scoffed and turned around, saying he'll go find Prosciutto before giving one last look over his shoulder at Bruno. "Make a choice Bucciarati. She can't have only one foot in this, it's all in or all out." He explained before fading out? Was his stand invisibility? Was that a thing? Hearing Bruno's growl, he was still staring at where Risotto used to stand.

I had never seen him like this, he looked distressed, concerned. I put a hand on his shoulder to perhaps calm him down, he let out a sigh then met my eyes again. "I'm sorry this happened, you can use Yellow Submarine now." He smiled before resuming his watch as I used my ability. It seemed he wasn't planning on talking about what Risotto said, or perhaps it was none of my business but I knew it was. From what I understood, he told Bruno to involve me fully or not at all, and if I had a choice in this, I would choose to join them. It was foolish, I could still back out, I could still avoid being involved with the mafia but I didn't' want to. Shoving the topic in the back of my mind, I summoned Yesterday again. The moment the ability was on, I saw everything again. I ventured around the palace and that's when I noticed something odd, letting go of my stand I called out Bruno's name. "There is someone upstairs, alone. They're sitting in the middle of a room." I told him; my voice laced with confusion.

Nodding he quickly texted everyone, warning them we were going to take a look before taking my hand in his. "We're going to check it out, don't let go of my hand." He ordered as we made our way through the crowd with determination. People didn't pay attention to us, they were too enthralled in their conversation, tending to their drinks while gossiping like Victorian vixens. Entering the stairwell, I didn't' have time to ravel in the beauty of the architecture, we climbed the spiraling stairs calmly but there was this urgency in our steps. Following the soft melody being played on this floor, we sneaked around and came across a wide almost empty room with only a grand ebony piano set in the middle. It was ominous. Putting a hand in front of me, Bruno told me to not step in further, adding that he could very well be a stand user.

"What are you doing here?" he asked in a polite and controlled way, for now we had to keep it light-hearted and not aggressive. The woman at the piano chuckled and turned her head towards us, as her fingers graced each key on the keyboard. She didn't respond, instead she changed the melody she was playing, it became a lot darker. Just like a trance, I was lulled in. I did not know what was happening but I tried to keep my eyes focused on her. She started laughing more, then, in the blink of an eye she was gone. Tightening my hand on Bruno's I turned my head his way and that's when I saw the wall moving, like that night. It was Sergei, one of the stand user of Vendetta Rossa. "Bruno they're two- we have to-" he interrupted me by pulling me towards the corridor, "Get out yes, come." We hurried out but while the music was still playing, my vision started to blur but the wall was still moving. Pointing at the wall I told Bruno we could take him out, he nodded but there was still some hesitation in his eyes.

"The woman she is gone, but we can still get Sergei!" Stopping him I held tight on his arm and quickly took off my heels. "Let's go." I said before grabbing his hand again and running forward, trying to keep up with the moving wall. If we could at least take one of them down, it would be a great step forward. If not take him down, interrogate him maybe? I had no idea what their plans were with them, but I was not going to let him go when he was this close. As we ran, the background music was not fading, the more I think of it, the more it seemed like it was getting louder. It didn't seem like it was coming from anywhere in the room, but more from my head. "Do you still hear her piano?" I asked Bruno who was behind me but heard no response. Turning around I realized I had let go of his hand. And that's when I saw his body on the floor. Motionless. A pool of red blood surrounding his body. I screeched his name in horror, feeling my throat tearing down as I did so.

Stopping in my tracks I saw the shape getting further away from me, I had to make a decision. I have to make a decision. But I don't want to. Fuck fuck fuck, when? I didn't hear anything! Looking at his body one last time I forced myself to turn around and reach the stand user again. Inside I was torn, I had no idea what was happening. If I catch Sergei, what do I do next? No, once I caught him. I promised Abbacchio I wouldn't take on two of them but right now I was stuck. I couldn't run. I couldn't think straight, I was filled with rage, sadness, disappointment, I was upset. I was terrified. With this turmoil in my heart I couldn't do anything, I was lost. Letting out a scream as I ran, I then stopped upon not seeing the wall moving anymore. Sergei had stopped, he was getting out of the wall slowly.

Watching him do so, I didn't hesitate and latched onto his body, calling out Yesterday at the same time who was ready to hit him but failed when the man started dissolving into the ground. "Fucking coward! Get-" I choked on my words, I didn't even realize I was crying. All those feelings inside me, was I crying because I was angry or because I was sad? No, heartbroken. "Come the fuck out- fight you bastard-" my words were cut off when I felt the weight of the cold blade on my neck. Not again, not this time, I failed again, fuck this, fuck him. Hitting his stomach with my elbow, I was quick to get out of his hold and take the knife out of his hand to throw it across the floor before pulling him in my grip. This time I held him tight, I was behind his back and fell to the ground so that I was between the man and the floor. He couldn't escape me like this, he couldn't melt through me.

Using my free hand to grab the knife I had in the holster on my thigh, I brought it to his neck but I didn't dare push more. "You're too late you know." He sneered, "Your sweet capo is probably dead by now, I'm actually surprised he survived the first time." He cackled darkly. I didn't want to hear him; I didn't want to let his words reach me but he was right. Where do I go from here? I got him and then what? My hands were shaking, but I pushed the blade deeper against his throat. As I did so, I noticed he was trying to reach the knife I had thrown on the floor, quickly I kicked it out of his reach before threatening him, "Don't fucking move." Was it convincing? What should I do? What if his friend comes rushing in? If she does, I'm fucked. I could try to call Abbacchio but it would take time for him to come. Those few seconds of doubt were enough for him to slide out of my arms. Standing up quickly, in an instant he was behind me, just like that night.

I panicked. I don't remember why I did that. I had a flashback of that night in the alley. Everything came crashing down on me, I reacted out of instinct. Or was it out of panic? Terror? I have no idea but it was too late. I shoved the knife in his side and he let go of me. But that wasn't enough. As he stepped back, I closed my eyes and stabbed him again before opening my eyes again. I had stabbed his throat. Putting his hand on his neck, a bloody smile on his lips he fell down, blood sputtering from his mouth. "We're the same." He spat, his smirk never leaving his lips. I shook my head, muttering we were nothing alike. I was not like him, he was a wretched bastard, I defended myself. "You didn't have to kill but you did it anyway eh" he scoffed. A few seconds later I saw the life leaving his body as his head tilted to the side.

Watching his body go limp I fell to my knees. And let out a sob I didn't know I was holding. He's dead. Bruno's dead. It's my fault. I let go of his hand. If I didn't let go of his hands he wouldn't have died. I didn't even have time to tell him how I felt. I should've known better. We should have waited for Fugo and Narancia. Fuck me. Fuck. Letting the knife fall on my dress, there was blood everywhere. The floor. My dress. The knife. My hands. And now my face when I tried to wipe continuous stream of tears that ran down my cheeks. Part of me felt relief that the man was dead. For now, I did not feel guilt. But his words... I am not like him. Clenching my fists on my dress and started laughing nervously, tears falling on my hands. "Why can't I stop crying? Stop crying! I need to call-" patting my dress for my phone I remembered I had given it to Bruno because I didn't have pockets. Putting my shaking hands on the floor to stand up I felt a touch on my shoulders and flinched before sliding away from the person, hitting my back on the wall.

"Alda, Amore, it's me-" lifting my head upon hearing his voice, I used the back of my hand to wipe the tears from my face and let out a sardonic laugh. "You're dead- I- you-" shaking my head I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head on it to avoid seeing him. He can't be there. I saw him die. He was lying on the floor. Why was I seeing him? Feeling a weight on my shoulders I lifted my head again; it was his coat; Bruno was still there. He was looking at me tenderly, speaking softly, he asked "Can I touch you?" I stared at him in confusion. Extending my hand towards him, he didn't move and stayed put. I put a hand on his cheek then brushed it over his lips then his hair, "Are you real? I saw you die, please tell me this is real-" "I'm real, I'm alive." And that's all I needed to hear. Lunging at him I wrapped my arms around him in the tightest hold I could muster, "I thought I had lost you, fuck. You were- you were lying on the floor- blood-" choking again on my tears I buried my face in his neck and tried to hold him even closer. "blood everywhere," I muttered against his shirt.

Brushing my hair softly he held me in a bone crushing embrace before speaking in a soft voice, "It was Chiara, the woman at the piano. She did this." He explained, leaning his head against mine, "It was all an illusion, the moment she started playing she had us." He continued before adding he had defeated her but not without seeing something, he wished he hadn't. I tried to ask him what he had seen in her illusion but he shook his dead, saying that it didn't matter since we were both alive and they were both dead. Pulling away from me, I almost whined at the missing feeling of his body against mine but instead there was this aching in my chest as looked at him. Helping me on my feet, he told me to put on his coat. "I'm going to ask you to put your hands in the pockets," he said gently. I wasn't moving much so he moved my hands then brought his hands to my cheeks, giving me long stare. "We're going to have to go through everyone, so I'll close the coat, hm?" he asked before doing so, buttoning it slowly so that we couldn't see the blood of my outfit.

"Alda, look at me." I was spacing out, I couldn't focus. I don't know why; I was trying to but I couldn't. With a lot of efforts, I met his gaze. "Good girl. Now stay close and we'll be out of here soon, okay?" I nodded and held onto his arm. Before making out way downstairs, we made a detour to the restroom of the first floor to clean the blood off my face. Then we joined the party that was still ongoing downstairs, I put on the best fake smile I could but it was hard. I didn't want people to think something was wrong, they'd be right to think so but they shouldn't suspect anything. "Bucciarati! Oh, what do we have here?" an old man had jumped in front of us, a drink in hand and his tie undone. He was drunk. He looked at me intently, his eyes glassy so I turned my head towards Bruno's chest. "She's a bit tired, we had a long night." Bruno said politely as he rubbed my back in a reassuring way. The old man cooed and nodded fervently, "I see, I'm sure it was quite the long night indeed. Have fun at home then." He was then gone and started talking was other people.

The moment we stepped outside, I already felt lighter. I took a deep breath and once we were out of sight, Bruno stopped then wrapped his arms around my back and knees before carrying me. "Put me down, I'm not- I'm not broken" I mumbled as I weakly tried to get out of his grasp. "I don't doubt you. But you're bare footed." He stated as he kept walking and I let myself go limp in his arms, too tired to struggle any more. I never thought it would take such a toll on my body to... fight off someone. Kill. I had killed someone. "I killed someone." I muttered, earning a weak 'yes' from Bruno. "But you didn't have a choice." I felt exhausted. I didn't want to talk but, "I did. I had a choice..." then I let myself go unconscious. The last thing I heard was the slamming of the car door and Abbacchio's worried voice, then nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 731 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
145K 3.3K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...
16.6K 494 9
You are (Y/n) (L/N), you were born in Italy in the city of Naples and raised there. Your life was a luxurious one living a wealthy life but you never...
15.4K 404 35
You know the feeling when the whole world turns against you? When no one listens to you nor acknowledge you? And then in the end your all alone, well...