"I Needed Her First." Zuko X...

By cxtiebbw

Aang's precious earthbender get's trapped with him in the iceberg. Immediately she becomes a heartthrob for h... More

The Fire Prince (Part 2)
Reunited (Part 3)
Iced Features (Part 4)
The Date...? (Part 5)
Hate Me (Part 6)
"Leave." (Part 7)
Haru's Choice (Part 8)
Natural Chemistry (Part 9)
I'll Protect You (Part 10)
In Your Arms (Part 11)
"I- cut myself" (Part 12)
Needed (Part 13)
Heart Ache (Part 14)
I live for myself (Part 15)
Delicate Kisses (Part 16)
"I'm happy..." (Part 17)
The Blue Spirit (Part 18)
Comfort & Guilt (Part 19)
Desperation (Part 20)
Hurt (Part 21)
Fesitival (Part 22)
Regret (Part 23)
Soaked[LEMON] (Part 24)
Gasps (Part 25)
"...You and Zuko?" (Part 26)
Loving You (Part 27)
Mei (Part 28)
Grip (Part 29)
Souls Laced Together (Part 30)

The Figures in the Iceberg (Part 1)

17.8K 255 65
By cxtiebbw

Sokka's <POV>

I hopelessly star into the abyss of frigid water. I spot a pale blue fish taunting me.

"Its not getting away from me this time, watch and learn Katara. This is how you catch a fish"

I yell to my sister who obviously rolled her eyes at me. Ever since my dad left for war, he left me in charge to protect our village and her.

She means the world to me, even if I don't express it very often. My eyes follow the fishes pattern, focusing until the right moment to strike.

"Sokka look!!"

I ignore her, whatever she might have isn't as important as tonights dinner. Suddenly I feel icy chills of water splashed on me.

"Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked!!" I say annoyed

Katara lectures me "It's not magic, its waterbending!"

"Yeah, yeah" I tease.

An unexpected tide drags our boat forward, crashing into ice chunks as attempt to avoid the incoming waterfall. Our boat trips, and throws both me and Katara onto a piece of glacier.

"You call that steering." Katara says mocking me.

"Well maybe you should've waterbending us out of the ice" I respond defensively.

I didn't want to throw the blame on her, because honesty I knew I should've left her at home anyway.

"You are the most sexist, immature, nut brained! ARGH. I'm embarrassed to be related to you!"
Katara shouts at me.

What she was saying hurt. Even though I knew she didn't mean it.

"Ever since mom died I've been doing all the workaround here. While you've been off playing soldier!"

I had a urge to defend myself, but there's a bigger threat being fueled by her anger.

"Ah...Katara..." I say shaking

Cracks begin to form on the glacier behind her.
Katara continued to ignore my warnings while she continues to rant.

"Katara settle down!!" I shout trying to alert her.

Her words, shook the glacier to it's breaking point. It rumbled and sunk underwater. Suddenly, a glowing orb appears in front of us. Rising from where the glacier stood.

I grabbed my sister protectively. Shielding her from the glowing iceberg. We glared into the middle, where unclear figures remained still.

"He's alive, we need to help!" Katara states as she grabbed my weapon.

"Get back here!" I scream at her.

She hurried to the iceberg, attempting to make any progress breaking it. A gasp of wind appears, and I lose sight of my surroundings.

The iceberg starts crumbling. Sending a beacon of light up in the air. Which concerns me. I hope this isn't a trap...

Once my vision clears a young boy with glowing eyes gets up. I grab my weapon. But then suddenly he faints and tumbles down, Katara caught him before he hit his head.

I begin poking him, in case he's still alive. He opens his eyes, and searches around. Looking for someone or something. He bolts back into the iceberg with a gush of wind. Katara looks amazed.

"Your an airbender!" She exclaimed, her eyes sparklingly from excitement.

I hear a loud moan coming from the iceberg. Sounding like an animal.

"What's going on?" a tired soft feminine voice says.

Me and Katara turn, to see a large furry beast and a young girl lying besides it. The boy looks worried as he helps her up carefully.

"Are you okay, Shiloh?" he asks, using his full attention to assist her.

The girl whos name appears to be Shiloh helps herself up, and I get a full look at her. Long silky black hair, pale restless skin, rosy lips and cheeks.

She was dressed in Earth kingdom clothing which was confusing. She glanced over at me, I get a look into her red wine-colored eyes, and immediately they captivated me.

"Oo looks like someone has a crush" Katara teased me and I snapped back into reality.

"No! And we still have no idea who they are, and what that furry beast is." I yelled pointed my weapon defensively towards them.

"I'm Aang, and she's Shiloh. And Appa, my flying bison." Aang responds cheerfully.

Shiloh shrugged, "Aang, we shouldn't trust them. For god sakes he has a weapon."

Katara grabs my spear and throws it into the water. Then plasters on a smile.

"Im sorry about my brother. He can be a pighead sometimes."

"Im sorry about my Shiloh, she can be a bit overprotective." Aang explained.

"Oh shut up." Shiloh said jokingly.

"Is she your sister?" Katara asked Aang.

"Haha, Shiloh? No. We are just childhood friends, she also used to look after me."

"Is everyone just gonna ignore the fact we found them IN A ICEBERG?!" I yelled.

"Yeah I would kinda like to know that too." Shiloh said. I blushed at her voice backing up my statement.

Shiloh's <POV>

Back in the Watertribe, I get up from resting in the tent Katara let us use. Sokka spots me and runs over to me.

"Are you doing better?" he asked me.

"I hate this place, there's no earth to bend. I feel powerless." I said frustrated.

"So you are an earth bender, I kinda just assumed by your clothing" The boy said putting on a goofy smile.

I chuckled which made him blush a bit. I'm no stranger to guys being extra accommodating.

Ever since I was a little girl, boys have always tried to take advantage of me because of the way I look.
We continue walking, while Sokka drowned me in questions.

"Where's Aang?" I ask letting my eyes panickingly searching around the village.

"He's off somewhere with my sister." he explained, calming down my mind.

Me and Aang have been friends ever since we were little. We've always been pretty close, visiting each other multiple times a month. But what really made our relationship solid is once he found out he was the avatar, everyone else pushed him away.

I remember finding Aang crying all day in his room, staring outside at the other kids play. From that moment, I knew I'd do whatever it takes to protect him.

A smokeshow happened in this distance. Coming off of a dark warship.

'Oh no, what have you done now Aang' I thought to myself.

Minutes pass, and I pace relentlessly while the whole village panics. When Katara and Aang return with shame written on their faces, Sokka starts accusing Aang of being a firenation spy. I stood, as Katara tries to explain it was an accident.

"Your banished from this tribe. You've caused enough trouble" Sokka says bitterly.

Aang turns and starts walking away, while Katara continues to scream at her brother. I begin to follow Aang, but Sokka grabs my wrist.

"You don't have to go." Sokka says kinda pleadingly.

"He's my friend. Im not abandoning him now."
I state as I firmly remove his grip. I catch up to Aang.

NOTE: sorry that was so long. i really wanted to spend a lot of time introducing the characters. and this is not a sokka x reader. but throughout the story there will be some side romances.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 345 45
Elora found herself burdened by the weight of her destiny as the Avatar, a role thrust upon her at a tender age. The duties and responsibilities chip...
866K 23.5K 130
Elua's purpose has always been to protect and help her brother, Avatar Aang, keep balance to the world. One night, her brother runs away from home. S...
622K 15.7K 20
Iroh takes in the Ba Sing Se's army general's daughter after the death of her father. She replaces the child he has lost. She is raised in the Fire N...
20K 463 25
Aang has saved the world with his friends and finally restored the balance of the four nations. The Gaang however, face some other challenges....Toph...