You, since forever

By sadgopibahu

She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believ... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
THANK YOU

Chapter 12

21.7K 1K 258
By sadgopibahu

Haya andTaimoor's outfits for the day( Haya's dress is by Pakistani designer Mohsin Naveed Ranjha just incase you guys are interested) 

It was Saman's Mehndi, Haya wore marigold orange kalidaar ,with organza dupata decorated with tilla marori borders that had tassles and chori daar pajama. She tied her hair in a braid and Aiman appa insisted on attaching the flowers to her braid. Taking, one last look in the mirror, Haya was ready to go down. But since she wanted to avoid everyone, she decided to go to Saman's room instead, where Saman was getting her mehndi done. 

Until now , no one had questioned why Haya had still not visited her parents or why Hassan didn't come to meet her. They all were so busy with the wedding preps, that the thought never occurred to them.

"Bhabhi, you'd be excited to meet the Mamu jaan and Momani jaan finally right? I am sorry, you were so busy with the preparations you didn't get a chance to meet them " Saman apologetic voice called. Bhabhi still made her cringe internally. But Saman insisted on calling her 'bhabhi' despite Haya's countless protests.

Out of everyone , Saman was the only one , who saw how much her brother was in love with Haya. Hell , she saw it since the beginning. She saw it when they both had concealed it under the rug of hatred. She saw it when Haya pretended to be uninterested whenever she talked about Taimoor, despite paying attention to each and every word. And god damned she was so happy when her brother had finally married Haya. Only a fool could miss, her brother's lovingly eyed Haya when she wasn't looking . And Saman was no fool.

"umm yeah I am. And no, I actually loved and enjoyed helping Phupho with the wedding stuff . You know me !",Haya said as she gave her a tight smile. Saman didn't know how nervous Haya was today about meeting her family. Would her Mother hug her when she saw her? And Baba jani would her reply when she would greet them? Or were they going to give her a cold shoulder? And Hassan , how was he going to react? These questions fogged her mind.

"Bhabi ,my Mehndi is done you go for it now." Saman said as she instructed the girl who had applied mehndi on her hands to apply mehndi on Haya's . Haya was thankful for it .This way she could just stay in the room for a little longer instead of going out and greeting everyone.A task which she was dreading.

Haya sat there lost in the thoughts. How was she going to face everyone today ? What would she say? And how was she going to avoid Salman? All the question's hazed her mind while Saman got her makeup done. "What name should I write?" the girl asked as she looked up at Haya, who was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't get the question. Haya stared the girl with confusion hoping that she would repeat while the girl waited for her answer.

"Taimoor" replied Saman for her.She winked as she said "Kya bhabi apko abhi bhi saharam ati hai. (You are still shy,Sister in law) "and Haya blushed . Sharam tu ati he abhi hai... Phelay kahan ati the. (I get all flustered now. It wasn't like that before. ) Haya wanted to respond but she decided against it. Can't talk such stuff with your sister-in-law and get more embarrassed.

The hair stylist curled Saman's hair into lose waves. Saman wore a yellow embellished long Pishwas with sharara. She was a vision in that yellow dress. Her flower jewelry which Bua had made looked pretty . Bua was gifted.

Bua had travelled to Lahore one week after their arrival. And Phupho and Bua hit off. Phupho appreciated how much Bua had taken care of them when she couldn't and she never failed to show Bua the gratitude which she had in her heart.

Haya's mehndi was done when Phupho dressed in a light lime dress knocked on the door as she came inside. "MashAllahhh, chasme bad door! Meri bahu kitni piyari lag rahi hai"( Evil eyes off. My daugher in law is pretty ), Phupho said as she took her balain and kissed her forehead. It was the first time she referred to her as bahu and Haya blushed. It was something Haya had been doing lately whenever someone referred to her with Taimoor's reference.

Phupho, looked behind Haya to find Saman who was getting her lip color done. And a pool of tears formed in her eyes.

"MashAllah, nazar na lagay meri Saman ko"(May Allah protect my Saman from evil gazes)",Phupho said as she went forehead and kissed her, wiping her tears while Saman whined "Ammi" seeing her mother cry. Haya couldn't help but smile seeing the mother daughter duo.

"Beta chalo bahar sub app ka poch rahay hain. Aur sahab zaday bhi kai dafa apka poch chukay hain.(Come on , everyone is inquiring about you . Even Taimoor had asked many times) "Phupho told her as she smiled. Haya blushed at the mention of Taimoor's name and Phupho laughed as she looked at the beat red face of Haya. 

What was with Haya and blushing every-time someone mentioned Taimoor? She never blushed before at the mention of him. What was wrong with her lately? She was acting smitten . God, was she smitten? Maybe she shouldn't have kissed his cheeks. Since that day she hadn't been able to look him in the eye without remembering the feel of her lips against his cheeks. And god the tingles his stubble had sent down her spine ,left a zoo of butterflies in her stomach whenever she thought about it.

Haya accompanied Phupho outside in the lawn which was decorated with Gainda(Marigold) and other yellow flowers accompanied by the yellow fairy lights .

Phupho introduced her to some aunties who were the family friends and couldn't attend the nikkah or valima as it was family affair. "Wah Tahira, bari piyari bahu lae ho. Isi liye chupa k rakha is chand k tukray ko ab tak."(Wow Tahira , your daughter in law is so beautiful. No wonder you hid such a moon like beauty) Aunty complimented her Phupho. Phupho had laughed in response while Haya had gotten all flustered. She had never considered herself pretty. NEVER. And all the compliments were making her giddy. She was already nervous.

Haya greeted everyone as she roamed around in the lawn . She probably won't remember the name of aunties who she had greeted, by the end of the function. Her nerves were giving her a tough time. Feeling someone's gaze on herself, Haya looked around to find no one looking at her way. Strange ! She mused as she continued greeting the guests.  

Haya was relived when she found out that Tai's family wasn't coming. They had to go to the nikkah of Tai's niece and they had excused . Luck was on her side. She was so thankful that they weren't coming , she had actually smiled when the news was delivered to her. It was like someone had lifted a boulder from her chest. Now she could breathe freely and most of all enjoy the Mehndi instead of being weary.

Smiling , Haya made her way to Ferozey who wore a yellow ghara and red dupatta looking so cute that Haya wanted to hug the life out of her. Ferozey was looking around through the crowd as if searching for someone when Haya reached her. Bending down on her knees, Haya asked her what or who she was looking for. "Tia, where were you? We were looking for you." Ferozey asked as her eyes settled on Haya and she shook her head in acknowledgment .

"We?" Haya asked all curious. Aiman appa was looking for her?

"Me and Mamo. Mamo keh rahay thay subha say app gayab hai.(You have disappeared since morning)" Ferozey said as she looked at her with those little accusing eyes. God, she was so like Taimoor. It was such a wonder how Haya had missed that before.

Are our children going to take after him too? How am I going to manage stubborn to fault copies of Taimoor roaming around. They'd be bossy as hell , throwing tantrums here and there, like they own the world. Haya found herself wondering. They maybe bossy , but they'll be the cutest , most adorable kids .
And then she blushed as she realized where her thoughts had led her. God what had gotten into her? She had just imagined a family with him, where he was going to spoil his daughter and she would let him. 

Because no matter what everyone tells you , it's father's love and support that changes a girls life. Mothers dot upon their daughters but there is some special power to dad's love. It makes  you independent and strong. Knowing that your father is always going to be at your back to pull you up when you take the fall , makes you invincible. That was the case for Haya , until her father had refused to believe her.

"You look beautiful Tia,I want to be like you." Ferozey said as she leaned forward to kiss her cheeks pulling Haya away from the edge of cliff named 'bad memories'. Now the compliment from Ferozey was close to her heart. Not the beautiful part but 'be like you' part. Actually, whole of it had touched her heart. Haya smiled as her cheeks got red.

"App nay bhi mehndi lagwai?(You applied Mehndi too)" Ferozey asked as she showed her showed her little hands which had mehndi on it. "Yess" Haya replied as she showed Ferozey, her hands who gasped in shock. "Apki itni dark kyun hai?(Why is your darker)" She asked as the compared the colors of both of their mehndi's. "Meri wali mehndi different the.(Mine was different)" Haya replied as she brushed the topic off. 

If it were some Aunty instead of Ferozey they would have showered her with "ohh, her husband loves her alot. Kitna ghera rang aya hai(the color is so dark)", or "mehndi ka rang dekh k he pata chal raha hai Taimoor nay shadi itni jaldbazi main kyun ki(Or the color if the mehndi tells why Taimoor married her in such a rush)" kind of garbage. Taimoor didn't love her. DID HE ? Haya wondered as she held Ferozey's pinky finger. Haya found herself wishing for the love of Taimoor. They were married. It was logical to wish for his love.Was it not ?

The function was going in the full swing when her parents arrived forcing Haya to hide behind the pillar. Too much for putting up the brave face. She couldn't muster up the courage to go to them and greet them . She feared the worse . Being ignored by them would have broken her and so she had decided to save herself from that heart break by hiding from them. They won't see her, they wont be able to ignore her, she wouldn't feel devastated. It was a stupid plan , a plan only a half-wit could come up with but it was her plan alright.

Haya was stealing glances at her Baba Jani who sat beside Phupho Sahab. He looked old and sad. It broke her heart to see him like that. His shoulders which were usually staunch with pride were now shagged as if he had just suffered a great loss . Haya noticed her father's eyes which looked cold and distant . He was smiling at something Phupa Sahab had said but that smile didn't reach his eyes. There smiling lines that appeared around his eyes were gone. Haya felt her heart clench. Had she done this to her father? She hadn't but still she felt guilty.

"What are you doing her? " a voice asked, startling her as she jumped with fright. "Don't you know I get scared easily? " She asked as she faced Taimoor who was wearing an orange kurta. It had become his habit to startle the life out of her. But he wasn't at fault completely since she was the one who was so lost in her thoughts to notice his arrival.

Phupho had bought their clothes for the wedding and color coordinated them because they were "newly-weds". And instead of looking Pindi, in that bright orange paired with white pajama that highlighted his long lean legs, he was looking handsome. The kurta and white pajma did suit him. It was beyond her how he managed to still look masculine in that orange kurta. But he did.

"Are you trying to avoid me ?" , He asked as he eyed her ,coming closer. "No! Why would I avoid you? Do , I owe you anything to avoid you" Haya stammered the last part. She wanted to escape but she couldn't. Her back was already touching the pillar , so there was no way she could move back , to be a safe distance for him.

The plan of escaping went down the drain when Taimoor rested both his hands on the pillar sandwiching her between the pillar and himself, thus caging her and hindering her plan of fleeing .

"No, it's the other way around. I owe you something." His husky voice was like a caress. Haya, felt light head . He was standing so close all she could feel was him and his cologne.

"You do ?" Haya looked at him trying to figure out what he was talking about. The glint in his eyes told her that he was going to say something ludicrous. And she was eager to hear what it was.

"Uh hun" He said as he nodded. He wasn't even touching her but she could feel the cold shivers travelling down her spine. She hated the pauses and the time he was wasting. While he was completely enjoying her discomfort. 

"Tu phir do, kaam hain mujhe bohat.(Then give it , I have work to do) " Haya told him. Little did she know what she was asking for. She even held her hand out for whatever he was going to give her. But instead her leaned in.

His face inched closer to her , so close that she could try to count his laches , if she concentrated hard. But how could she focus , when all she could think about him . Him , being this close. Haya stared in his dark as night eyes, trying to think of something , anything to get away from him. But all she could think of was his lips which looked inviting. Haya didn't know that she was staring at his lips. But she was , and truth be told she was anticipating a kiss.

Her chest rose and fell in anticipation. He should either leave or get done with whatever he wanted to do .Taimoor always left her hanging. Ya tu haan hoti hai ya na hoti hai.Par Taimoor ki har baat main ana hoti hai (Either is yes or no. But for Taimoor it was all about ego. ) She knew he was toying with her and she was allowing it. 

Leaning in Taimoor went pass her face and stopped when his mouth was beside her ears. Haya could feel his breath fanning her ears.

"Mehndi lagwai hai tumnay?(You got Mehndi?)" He asked . Haya could feel the laughter in his voice. He was enjoying her discomfort.

"Nai lagwani the?( Shouldn't have get it done?)" She asked as she pushed him away. Her voice was rich which irritation. She knew she was being obtuse, but she just couldn't handle Taimoor right now. She already had so much on her plate. Him being close was driving the remaining sense out of her. And she needed her wits for the rest of the function.

Taimoor grabbed her gajray adorned hands which were read with henna. In those months married to her, he had never seen her wearing bangles. She didn't like them . And being her clumsy self , it was a good thing she avoided them . He didn't want her falling and getting those bangles piercing or slashing her skin. While gajray on the other hands were something she loved and he did too. 

" I swear Taimoor this isn't time for one of your games. Nazar nai araha lagwai hai .(Cant you see it there). Now let me go." Haya whispered as he traced her palms with his fingers. He was testing her patience and she was no monk or man of clothe to endure that without losing her calm.

Staring in her eyes he whispered:

"تیرے چہرے سے نظر ہٹ تی نہیں کیا ہم کریں

ہم ٹوہ دیوانے ہو گئے ہیں صنم کیا ہم کرے"

(Tere Chehre Se Nazar Hat Ti Nahi Kya Ham Kare
Ham Toh Deewane Ho Gaye Hain Sanam Kya Ham Kare) 

(TRANSLATION of Urdu above: I Can't Take My Eyes Off Your Face, what do I do 
I have gone nuts , beloved what do I do )
 [NOTE: i tried translating this one. But it is a crappy translation. I am sorry for that]

And Haya was gone. She was lost in the black hues of his eyes. God, she should have avoided it but she couldn't. There are times when your sanity is stopping you but you don't listen to it . It was one of those moments for Haya. She got flustered as the shair finally made sense to her. God what had gotten into him lately , but whatever it was , she wanted it to stay !!! Foreverrr !

"Hogaya ( Are you done?) she asked trying her best to look pissed but her lips curled into a smile as he cheeks got red.
"Thora sa rehta hai abhi." (Some of it is left. ) He replied, she could feel the amusement in his voice even though his face was dead serious.

"Farmaiyan phir(Get done with it . Then)" Haya replied enjoying herself. She shouldn't be entertaining him , but right now it felt right. And when it feels right in your heart , you should go for it. That was something her father had taught her. To always follow her heart .

" ہمیشہ ہویۓ دیکھ کر مجھ کو برہم

کیسی دن ذرا مسکرا کر تو دیکھو

( Hamesha huey dekh kar mujh ko barham
Kisi din zara muskura kar to dekho) 

(ENGLISH TRANSLATION: Forever my sight offended you
Perhaps someday direct a smile my way?)

"What have gotten into you lately Taimoor ? Tabiyat thek hai ?( Are you Ill ?)" Haya asked concern dripping from her voice as she moved forward to touch his forehead while he gave her the playful smile which got straight to her heart.

"یہ جو ہلکا ہلکا سرور ہےیہ تیری نظر کا قصور ہے"

(ye jo halkaa halkaa suruur hai
ye terii nazar kaa qusuur hai)

(ENGLISH Translation :This mild intoxication
is because of your eyes)

He whispered. His eyes were dancing and he looked amused as as searched her face for reaction. If Haya wasn't already red , she did redden now. 

Trying to mask her embarrassment , she cleared her throat. "Who are you and what have you done with my Taimoor". She asked with the her defense mechanism back into functionality . 
He grinned at her in response. The grin was so easy going , coaxing her to smile at him. But before her lips could curl into one, he opened his mouth. 

"Your huh ? I am liking the claim." He said cocking a brow at her which was followed by his rougish smile.The smile that one offers after getting a 'you are hot' kind of a compliment.

Ajeeeb. Why did you have to call him my? Now bare the cockiness. Masla kya hai tumhara Haya.(What is wrong with you Haya) . Her alter ego was thrashing her.  But all Haya could see were his white teeth. He should model for closeup . No bad breaths , plus the white teeth while the "Passs aoo meri sanso main samao" closeup song plays in the background. 

It was getting out of hand for Haya. She was already nervous, the sense which were there had left her thanks to the closeness and his flirtatious words. He was good with words. She had to give that to him . 

 Irritated by her reaction to the him and him being a damn tease, Haya decided the less conversation between them the better. Who knew what idiotic thing she might say next? Giving him a dirty look ,Haya pulled her hand away. She tried leave but he pulled her back.

"Ruko, milwana hai tumhain kisi khas say.(Stay ,I want you to meet some special.) " Taimoor told her getting all serious and Haya found herself nodding in approval. It was better than him ,leaving her to her own thoughts.  

If I stay with him, I can just avoid everyone, she thought. It was a great idea. If only he promised to not to invade her personal space. Holding her hand in his , Taimoor guided her through the crowd to a lady in a light pistachio suit. Is it Mom? Haya thought. But then why would he introduce her to her own mother? Did he know she was avoiding her parents ? It was better if they didn't see her rather than them ignoring her after looking straight into her eyes.

"Dulhan Momani ", Taimoor said and Haya froze. He had brought her to her own mother. Haya just couldn't decide what to think of this behavior. Her chest rose and fell rapidly and her heartbeat increased. Her mother turned to look at Taimoor and the glanced in her direction . She smiled with tears in her eyes as she looked at them and then looked at Taimoor who spoke. "Apko yaad hai , jab bhi main apka koi kaam karta tha , tu ap mujhe ek he dua deti theen."(Do you remember that whenever I did something for you ,you used to give me a dua.) Her mother nodded as her eyes glittered with unshaken tears.

"Tu main apko milwana aya hoon apni biwi say.Apki duain mujhe lag gae.( I want to introduce MY WIFE . Your prayers got accepted)" He told her mother. He eyes were focused on her mother as he declared that while Haya just stared him , with her eyes open wide trying to process what he had just said. She never in her widest dream had dreamt of things he had just said. And her dreams were pretty wild. Haya stood there are she looked at the face of the man she was heads over heels in love with. His face which was now glistening under the fairy lights.

Haya's mother smiled as she looked at Taimoor with those teary eyes and kissed his forehead. Words couldn't describe what Sadia was feeling right now. But then she didn't need words . Just a single word was enough and so she whispered it in her heart as she adoringly looked at her daughter and son-in-law. Sadia had whispered "Shukar-Alhumdulilah."

Haya couldn't believe it was the same Taimoor who made her childhood hell. He brought her to her mother. But he had introduced her as 'his wife'. His wife who was accepted by everyone. His wife who was respected and pure. His wife!! Haya's eyes were glistening with tears as her heart filled with gratitude and love . He had referred to her as 'his wife' before but never had it caused such a reaction. Maybe because this time it wasn't playfully , rather with respect and pride. It was a lot to take in. Haya just stood there frozen as he had robbed her of words.

"Aren't you going to kiss my wife? Mujhe tu app pyar karti he rehti hain(You shower me with your love usually. ) The tears which Sadia held now escaped the cage of lashes as she leaned forward to kiss  Haya's forehead. She sobbed as she kissed her left cheek and then her right cheek. And hugged her. Haya's own eyes were filled with tears. And she realized it wasn't that her mother didn't believe her. She was just helpless. Her hands were tied. She couldn't meet Haya even if she wanted because of her  Baba jani. The realization that her mother trusted her and hadn't abandoned her dawned on her and her own tears escaped.

Haya sobbed as she hugged her mother after what felt like forever. She wanted to stay in the warm embrace of her mother and never leave. She was sobbing uncontrollably when she realized that they were in public and she was again being the center of attention. Haya released herself from her mother's warm embrace . Excusing herself she ran inside leaving her emotional mother and Taimoor there.

Sadia never could have imagined that Taimoor would be the one for her daughter. They never had gotten along as kids. But he had protected her when no one did. He cared for her without making it obvious. Sadia had finally figured out how perfect Taimoor was for her Haya. One look at Haya told Sadia , that Haya wasn't miserable. Sadia didn't need it in written or to be said out loud to understand that her daughter was happy. Taimoor challenged her instead of wanting to tame her. He wanted to protect her innocence instead of wanting her to grow up . Sadia didn't know that before but and maybe even Taimoor didn't . But she knew it now. And she was over the moon as she pledged to recite Nafl of Shukrana. Indeed, Allah is the best planner of all. Indeed, He knows what is concealed and what is shown.

Sadia knew that her husband would have minded it if she had conversed with Haya , he still hadn't forgiven her. She also knew that her husband was hurting, he missed Haya . But his ego and broken trust were stopping him. Taimoor who had seen Haya eyeing her parents hiding behind the pillar had brought Haya to her.Wiping her tears , Sadia patted Taimoor shoulder's as she again kissed his forehead giving her all the duas she could think of, to him. While he gave her a smile and made an excuse walking in the same direction her daughter went.

Taimoor was just the man for Haya. That gesture which seem small from afar wasn't small at all to Sadia and Haya. This gesture bought peace to Sadia's troubled heart, while it made Haya realize that she was madly in love with the handsome once-an-asshole husband.

Haya stood against the door as she wiped her eyes clean. So much was going through her mind right now. She had just realized two things which shoke her to the core. But they were pleasant discoveries . 

First, that her mother didn't betray her. It bought a peace to her apprehensive heart. She wasn't abandoned. She wasn't completely lost.Second, turned Haya's world upside down. She realized that she was deeply, irrevocably and unconditionally in love with Taimoor. The moment he introduced her to her mother just won her heart , if he already did not have it. The act had made Haya accept that she was in love.

It was in that moment Haya had realized that no matter how much she tried, she won't be able to shield her heart. She loved him with every fiber of her being. She loved him for the fact her stood for her when no one did. She loved him when he had stopped Tai for being disrespectful to her, when he held her hand in public places , when he won that bear for her but then made it seem as if she had forced him to give that bear to her. She loved him for the nickname he had come up with(kitty). She had loved him when he stole her brownies, when he had whispered those cheesy shairs, even when he drove her nuts. She loved him for all the little things he did and so much more. She loved how he would just say shit to irk her , sometimes to divert her mind. She loved him when he donated blood to Ali. She loved him when he became all possessive , and his jerk stubborn self. She loved how much he adored Ferozey despite throwing that I-am-too-manly shade at her. She loved that he had come up with "Tia" because she didn't want to go with Momani. God, he could have just told her too grow up and stop complaining unnecessarily but he had searched the internet and finally came up with "Tia". 

 Wiping her tears, Haya smiled feeling as if she had just won lottery. God, she was really in love with him. How he caught her when she was ready to make a fall, how he whispered 'be careful' everytime her clumsy-self knocked into the sofa or the coffee table. Haya blushed furiously as she tried to get familiar with the sentiments her heart now held for Taimoor.

I need to tell Mariyam about it, Haya thought as she smiled to herself like a goof and left for the garden. Suddenly everything felt right. Haya was feeling like Naina from "Kaal ho na ho" who had just realized that she was in love with Aman. [If you haven't watched that movie , what are you doing with your life buddy. P.s keep a tissue box besides you while you are at it.] Haya felt like dancing, everything seemed magical.

In the garden , the mehndi was going in full swing. Aiman appi and Uzair bhai were dancing, Uzair bhai had just stepped on Aiman Appi's lehnga earning him a glare from her. Haya laughed seeing the couple. Little Ferozey was sitting between Saman and Zain bhai ,obsessed with dulha and dulhan. Phupho and every other guest was clapping looking at the cute couple dancing . "Aray tum kyun behti ho. Chalo ao.(Why are you sitting . Come here)" Aiman said as she pulled Haya on the dance floor while Uzair bhai pulled Taimoor.

Soon, everyone was on the dance floor including the bride and groom. Everyone danced to their own rhythm. Haya too was lost in her own world dizzy with dopamine. It was a happy moment where everyone was lost in their own world. Phupho was laughing at something Phupha sahab had said. Little Ferozey was now with her parents twirling.

Haya too was moving with flow as the music blasted through the speakers when she was pulled into a pair of arms. "What the....?" "Taimoor" she whispered as she looked at the culprit who had pulled her and then smiled. Taimoor looked at her as if she had just grown a pair of horns. But she was so happy that she decided to ignore that. Standing on her tiptoes she whispered "Thank you " in his ears. As she grooved to the music shaking her head and hips . Her eyes were shining. Taimoor bent downwards to whisper back in her ear. "For what?" He asked. "You know." ,she whispered back looking into his eyes. Losing herself to the music and in his eyes, Haya danced while Taimoor continued to ogle her.

Haya was glowing . That shine which she had lost, was back in her eyes .Taimoor had craved to see her doe eyes shinny with mirth and happiness. And right now, his wish was full filled. She looked so happy and radiant that he forgot to breathe when he saw her throwing her head back as she laughed, looking at little Ferozey who was giving her father a tough time. Smiling she put her hands on his shoulders as she tried to copy the step, everyone around them was performing. Her cheeks were red, including her nose. But Taimoor wasn't complaining at all. She looked so at peace and content that Taimoor stared at her not giving a damn about anything. He was trying to preserve her radiant face in his memory.

 Everyone he cared about was happy and enjoying the moment. Pushing every thought out the door, he too placed his hands on her small shoulder as they moved in sync. When he did that, Haya had  looked at him with disbelief and questioning eyes but later had smiled at him. She laughed when she failed to copy the hook step as she swayed with him .

Haya just couldn't help but steal glances at Taimoor for the rest of the night. She'd look at him whenever she thought, he wasn't looking. She was acting like a dimwit, but she just couldn't help it. She loved Taimoor. Gosh, he is so handsome !!MashALLAH!! Haya thought dreamily as she sat beside Saman staring at her husband who was busy talking to someone.

 Noticing someone's gaze on him, Taimoor glanced behind to find the culprit. Who was none other than Haya. Taimoor stared back at Haya arching his brows and Haya looked away blushing. She was acting like a teenager who had gotten her crush as her project partner. But damn her reaction, for she didnt care. She was in love. And people in love are crazy like that. Taimoor on the other hand couldn't help but wonder what his wife was up-to . She sat there with his sister blushing like a tomato as she kept staring at him.

Guest had left.No one from her Taya's family came. Baba jani and Hassan too left early. Haya hadn't even seen Hassan's face. She did feel a pang of hurt but she ignored it. She was content for now. Her mom had hugged her and believed in her. She loved that idiot of her's. And she wasn't letting something or rather someone spoil her mood. 

Haya was humming a love song as she poured chai in cups. Everyone was sitting in the lounge laughing and discussing today's function. Uzair bhai was seated on a sofa while Aiman appi was perched on his side, her head resting against his shoulder. Haya could help but awe.

Phopho and Phupha sahab were seated on the camelback sofa discussing today's affairs. After giving everyone their chai , she handed Taimoor his coffee as she settled beside him on the love-seat. "Thank you" he murmured as he took it from her, and Haya nodded. She could cross the oceans from him , coffee kya cheez the. (what was coffee.)

"Ami , saray he log apki bahu dekh k hairan ho rahay thay. Shagfuta aunty tu poch rahi the k kya Haya ki koi choti behan hai. Aur app yakeen nai kahin ge Shumaila Aunty nay kya kaha.Poch rahi the k kahin Taimoor kya bhar say apni begum sath laya tha."(Every one was surprised when they saw your daughter-in-law. You wont believe , Shagfuta Aunty asked if Haya was some foreigner Taimoor had married and brought back home.) Aiman Appi said as she looked at them with smiling eyes.

Haya intentionally leaned closer to Taimoor as if trying to shield herself from Aiman's gaze. Her cheeks were flaming red. Taimoor noticed she didn't move away from his side. She seemed to want to be close to him and the funny thing was ,she wasn't even aware of it. He didn't understand why there was a sudden change in her behavior, but he loved having her by his side. It seemed the most natural thing in the world to put his arm around her shoulders. Haya didn't shrug his arm away. But instead a few minutes later, when Aiman had finished relating an account of guest being envious of Haya and had turned back to her mother, Haya gave in to her weariness and leaned against Taimoor's side resting her head against his shoulders. She was too tired to think about how improper it may have looked. Or how romantic. She was tired and drained and most of all in love. Surely her conduct could be excused . 

To the outside world they looked like a couple who was so in love. And it was partly true, Haya thought. She was so in love with him.

Phopha sahab laughed, "Haan bhai log tu hairan ho gay.Sahab zaday ko itni jaldi jo the shadi karnay ki.Baap pay gaya hai bilkul. Pocho zara apni Ami say .Inhain inkay bhai ki shadi main dekha. Who din tha jab tak shadi nai hoe sakoon ka saans nai liya (Obviously, people are amazed. Taimoor was in such a haste to get married. He took after me I suppose. Ask your mother, I saw her during her brother's wedding. From that day onwards , I only took a breather of relief after marrying her)" He glanced at his wife with so much love in her eyes while his wife flushed. Haya looked at the adorable couple with admiration and hope. They were goals to her, even after 35 years of marriage , their love and adoration for each other hadn't died.

Are we going to be like them when we turn gray and old ? Would Taimoor kiss my forehead when I would stress about something ? Was he going to boast infront of their children how much he loved her , like his father ? Was he going to bring gajray hidden in his office bag like his father, when he came back from office ? Haya thought as she looked at her Phupha Sahab and Phupho. They were such sweethearts who made her believe in happy every afters.

After hearing those words uttered by her father-in-law, Haya was brought back to earth from cloud nine. Little did they know Taimoor did what he did, for his mother's sake .Or for the sake of charity or whatever. He didn't love her . How could he love her? Haya was getting uncomfortable as the conversation headed towards the sour topic. Giving everyone a tight smile, she sipped her tea.

"Haya, app nay humain apni mehndi he nai dekhai?(Haya you didn't show me your mehndi?)" Phupho asked. "Aur mujhe bhi nai dekhai.Ferozey bol rahi the k Tia ki mehndi dark hai aur uski nai hai aur agli baar woh Tia wali aunty say mehndi lagwae ge.( Not to me too, Ferzoey complained that Tia's mehndi had darker color and she wants that mehndi next time.)" Aiman supplied.

Haya showed her palms to her mother in law and sister in law as blood rushed to her cheeks. She knew what was coming her way , and like expected of them , they both gasped in surprise. "MashAllah kitna acha rang aya hai(MashAllah the color is so great)." Phupho said .

 "Haan tu rang tu acha he ana tha, apke nawabzaday itni mohabat jo kartay hain apni begam say.(Undoubtfully, the color is supposed to be dark. Your son loves her a lot) " Aiman appi said and Haya blushed a hundred shades of red. "Ami app apni beti ko bolain apnay shohar say shikwa karay mujhe aur meri biwi ko na laye."(Ami , you tell your daughter if she wants to complain then there is her husband. Don't bring me and my wife) Taimoor replied. Her heart thumbed in her chest. Can he just stop being extra cheesy and flirty? She couldn't take it . It had just dawned on her that she was in love with him. Him being extra cheesy didn't help her case.

With the new profound feeling came ,anxiety and fear. Fear of rejection. Haya won't be able to deal with the feeling of rejection, when he told her he didn't reciprocate her feeling. Ek tarfa mohabaat(one sided love) sucked. She knew it .And didn't care what shairs(poets) thought about it. Shahrukh Khan in the movie 'Ae Dil hai Mushkil' was wrong! And she could argue with anyone about it.

Haya decided not to give herself into anxiety . There was such harmony and positive energy in the atmosphere. Aiman Appa , was now smiling at something Uzair bhai had said , Phupho and Phupha sahab were lost in their own world, while she was back to sitting besides Taimoor who had unconsciously draped his arm around her as he talked to Uzair bhai. And so, Haya snuggled closer to him . It felt right and warm and perfect. She belonged there. She felt at home there. Soon Haya was lost in the conversations.

After nearly an hour , everyone finally decided to retire to their rooms. Haya was removing her earrings ,when Taimoor entered. She felt subconscious as she felt his gaze on her. Instead of turning towards him, Haya decided to glance at his image in the mirror. Which was a wrong move on her part.

Taimoor stood behind her in his orange kurta ,looming over her. We look cute together. Don't we ? Yeah, we do . Haya thought as she stared at the image formed in the mirror. Her thoughts made her blush. She had been blushing a lot lately.

Gazing at her image which had formed in mirror , Taimoor came forward, leaned down and rested his chin on her shoulders. His stubble was tickling her shoulder blades causing goose bumps. Haya found her heart galloping as her chest rose and fell rapidly. Few more minutes of the sweet torture and her toes would curl. The intensity of his gaze was burning her, rattling her insides , toying with her . She couldn't take the torture.

It would seem that this, invasion of personal space had become his favorite sport. He would come so close to her and then leave her in an emotional mess. His minty breath fanning her ears, he looked at her in the mirror. Eye contacts are the most intimate and attractive thing. Change my mind? She thought to herself. It was a wonder how she was still thinking with him staring at her with those deep black eyes.

خوبصورت ہے تو اتنا سہا نی جاتا "
کیسے ہم خود کو روک لیں رہا نی جاتا
چند میں داگ ہے یہ جانتے ہیں ہم لیکن
رات بھر دیکھے بنا اسکو رہا نی جاتا

(Khoobsurat hai tu itna
Sahaa nahi jaata
Kaise hum khud ko rokh lain
Raha nahi jaata
Chaand me daag hai yeh jaante hai hum lekien
Raat bhar dekhe bina usko
Raha nahi jaata)

(English TRANSLATION : She is so beautiful That I can not bear it
How do I stop myself, when I cant control myself
I know that there are ,Marks on the moon
But how can I live, Without looking at it all night)

He whispered. His eyes never leaving her's ,were staring into her soul. His voice was so husky and raw at the same time. What was he doing to her? Gathering the courage, she stared backed into his eyes. As she whispered, "Are you flirting with me?"
His touch wasn't torture enough that he had decided to torment her with the sweets words.

"Do you want me to ?" He retorts back as his eyes danced with humor. Gone was the fire it held before, fire that was melting her insides and turning her into a puddle of emotions. He still hadn't removed his chin from her shoulder. But instead he had turned his head slightly towards her as he awaited her answer.

What sort of a question was that and how was she supposed to answer that? She couldn't say "No" because she actually wanted him to. God, she was enjoying all those sweet words , preserving them in her memory. She could bet , that when she would lie on bed, his words were going to play like a tape in her mind again and again. What if she said 'no' and he stopped? What if he went back to ignoring her ,like he did few weeks back? He didn't ignore you , Haya he just went away . There is a difference.

What if she said 'yes'? What if he made fun of her and says something like "Shakal dekhi hai apni."(Have you seen your face? ) She would be damaged for eternity. And so Haya just sat there to confused to utter a word. Instead of replying she began removing her other earrings while he continued to ogle her. "Jawab nai diya app nay? (You didn't reply) He asked as he straightened. He was frowning now.

"Did you just 'app' me?" Haya asked horrified. Then burst out laughing. God, it was so strange to hear him call her 'app'. "I really need to sleep. I keep imaging things. At first, I was imaging all the funny scenarios with you acting so out of character and now the "aap" . Khanay main kuch mila hoa tha kya? ( Was something mixed in the food?) " She asked as she looked at him trying to contain her laughter but miserably failing .

  "Nai tu, par lag raha hai 'apko' izzat raas nai arahi.( No but looks like you are unable to digest the respect.)" He said as he deliberately stressed 'apko' , while his frown deepened, and he disappeared into the changing room.

آنکھ میں قید کے بیٹھا ایک حسیں لمحہ " 
جب میں نیند سے جاگو گا تو دل ٹوٹے گا 
" تو مجھے خواب کوئی کیوں دیکھا نہیں جاتا

(Aankh Mein Kaid Kiye Baitha Main Ek Haseen Lamha
Jab Main Is Neend Se Jagunga Tu Dil Tootega
Tu Mujhe Khwaab Koi Kyon Dikha Nahin Jaata)

(ENGLISH Translation: Captured in my eyes, Is a beautiful moment,

When I will wake up from this dreamMy heart will breakWhy doesn't she make this dream a reality)

Haya whispered the last part of the song to herself. She didn't want to wake up from this dream. She couldn't risk losing her heart. She couldn't afford to have another heart break. And confessing to him was like presenting her heart on a silver platter to him. Taimoor would not just crush her heart if he did that , he would crush her soul. She was never recovering from him. But was he worth the risk of being scarred forever? YES, her heart answer. I need to give him a chance, she thought. So far, he was the one who was there through the thick and thin. You could trust him with your heart. You already , do !  Her conscience told her . But could she? Matters of heart were complicated.

With the newfound realization of love ,Haya  was in turmoil . She couldn't sleep so she tossed and turned on the bed debating whether she should confess her feelings or not? "Taimoor?" Haya whispered in the darkness after gathering every ounce of courage she had.

"Hmm " came a reply from him. "I want to ask ......" She began but hesitated. "Ask what?" he asked in his sleepy bedroom voice .I'll tell him tomorrow. It's too late . Plus, I can't even see his face properly. She thought. "Ask what?" he repeated again not liking the silence.

"I wanted to ask, did you not invite Shahmeer and Mariyam?" Haya improvised , taking a breath of relief. She nearly got caught.

"Are you serious right now Haya ? At 2 A.M while I am about to go to sleep you are asking me about other people? What am I going to do with you. " Taimoor muttered the latter part to himself but Haya heard that. She found herself answering his question. Love me maybe, protect me . Haya thought.

After a minute he replied to her question. "Yes, I did invite them, they were on their honeymoon. Barat main ayen gay.Kush(They will come on Barat. Happy?") he asked slightly irritated. "Abhi tak honeymoon say wapis kyun nahi aye woh?" ( Why they are still on their honeymoon?) Haya found herself asking. Moment like these she wished she had a filter which would filter out unnecessary embarrassing stuff that slipped of her tongue. Technological developments were happening but still no one had come up with something like that.

"Seriously Haya , you are asking me that ? Do you want me to explain the birds and the bees to you? I think its high time . Maybe I should" Taimoor asked as he perched on his side , now facing her. Haya could feel the amusement in his voice, she was so embarrassed she didn't dare to look at his face.

" No, I will pass." Haya stuttered as she turned away from him in-order to avoid him. She didn't want him to notice her beet root face in the moonlight. But little did she know, that Taimoor didn't need to see her face to know that she was red from head to toe. He could feel it. He knew it. And he was thoroughly enjoying it.

With a satisfied smile playing on his face ,Taimoor dozed off unaware of the mayhem Haya was in. It was a good day for both of them.   

So it is done ! I hope you guys enjoyed it and loved it. Tell me in the comments below, I actually wait for comments/ votes after posting. Truth be told I keep refreshing the  notifications .  I hope you  did enjoy this chapter, its long like you guys(BlossomDove ) prefer it too and a little cheesy . A LOT CHEESY ,actually. 
I cherish each and every comment/ vote so please do show some love.  BlossomDove and SyedaNoor I am waiting to hear from you guys !!!!  I cant tell you how much your comments mean to me .  P.s Aren't you guys gonna appreciate how quick with updates I am recently? Just saying. Hahahahahahhaha
P.S At 2 , yesterday while I was editing this chapter I realized there is this other Taimoor I know of . He is the cutest, most adorable Taimur. Taimur Ali Khan Patuadiiiiiiiiii !!!!
PPS : I notes are getting longer. ( I am sorry . Feel free to  skip to the important parts instead of reading the bold italics at top and bottom.)  
Khair , Take care you guys
Stay safe ,
I pray you be blessed with happiness and sunshine and a life partner who cherishes you (this one is impo so lets say AMEEN) 
Lots of love ,
Alyna ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 830 21
#1st Rank in #boldness "Go. Go. Go. Go." Both of them said pushing me inside and walking me towards my room. "Going. Going. Going, girls. Going." I...
582K 26.7K 22
"Y-ye a-aap k-kya..., (W-what a-are y-you..)" I abruptly shut up as I saw him giving me a hard look through the mirror. Lowering my eyes, I tried my...
563K 36.6K 43
Highest ranking : #1 in spiritual on 24.2.2018, 24.4.2018 & 4. 5.2018 #2 in spiritual on 14.10.2017 & 11.11.2017 #3 in spiritual on 11.10.2017 , 15...
759K 43.3K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...