Lost At Sea

De InsCampelo

Having a tail makes me different from humans. Being the princess' doppelganger makes me different from others... Mais

Chapter I -M- The Ghost
Chapter II -M- Royalty
Chapter III -M- Half-Breeds
Chapter IV -M- Darkness
Chapter V -D- Whiskey and Idiot Friends
Chapter VI -D- Sylvia?
Chapter VII -D- Just Die Already
Chapter VIII -D- The Little Mermaid?
Chapter IX -M- I Suppose...
Chapter X -D- You Can't Be Serious
Chapter XI -M- Willpower
Chapter XII -D- Pancakes
Chapter XIII -M- Friends or Something
Chapter XIV -M- Honey
Chapter XV -D- Cool
Chapter XVI -M- Life is a Beautiful Thing
Chapter XVII -M- One-of-a-Kind
Chapter XVIII -M- Plausible Deniability
Chapter XIX -D- No Metal Trap Required
Chapter XX -D- No More Panda
Chapter XXI -D- I See You
Chapter XXII -D- Not the Priority
Chapter XXIV -D- Don't Turn Around
Chapter XXV -M- Not Ok
Chapter XXVI -M- Surprise
Chapter XXVII -D- Out for Blood
Chapter XXVIII -D- Even
Chapter XXIX -M- Forgiveness
Chapter XXX -M- You
Chapter XXXI -?- No Exceptions

Chapter XXIII -M- Fried Fish

39 8 22
De InsCampelo

Water.

When I wake up I'm underwater. I haven't opened my eyes yet, but I can feel it surrounding me.

I can also feel a hard, cold surface underneath my body and try to move my arms to find them free, at least I'm not chained.

I start to hear this pounding sound and slowly open my eyes, to see that is worse than I thought.

What the hell did I get myself into? Why am I laying in a fish tank, on top of a table, in an empty room?

First things I notice, I have my tail and the top of the fish tank is open. If I sit up, my head would be out of water and then the glass would end a few inches above it, maybe I can escape.

My brain starts to work on a way to run when I hear the sound again.

I turn to my side to see an aquarium similar to my own. I would have thought that I was looking at a mirror, however, the mermaid in that place is blond.

She sees that I notice her and waves signaling up. She wants me to sit up so we can talk over the glass.

"Lizzie?!"

"Meleah! I'm so glad you're here!" I'm shocked beyond words. I found the Princess! Or maybe she found me?

"How did I get here?"

"Probably the same way I did. I was trying to escape my marriage with Stuart and the last thing I remember is watching the palace from afar. Then is darkness. I woke up here."

"You shouldn't have run!"

"I know! I just didn't want to obey my parents anymore."

"I had to be you for a long time."

"I'm sorry they put you thru that, but I wanted a moment of freedom. I would have come back."

"Would you?" I say with suspicion.

"Of course!" She sounds sincere so I let it go.

"How long have you been here?"

"I am not sure. He comes occasionally to ask questions."

"He?"

"The man that got us."

"What did he want to know?"

"He mainly asks about the Kingdom, my parents, how things work, how can a mermaid have legs, things like that. He's very disappointed that I don't know what he's talking about."

"How mermaid have legs?"

"I know that only half-breed can do it. However, he wants specifics, like how the exchange works. I can't tell him that because I'm not a half-breed."

"Who is he? Why does he want to know those things?"

She shrugs, "I have no idea. He's pretty insistent, but I thought he was finally believing me. I have no idea how he learned about you. No one knows about you."

"You didn't tell him?"

"Of course not! I would never! Besides, you wouldn't know the answer either, so it would be useless."

"Actually-" I get interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

"Don't shut up on my account." I recognize that voice. "Why didn't you tell me about her? I'm disappointed." He's words are directed at Lizzie, but his eyes are on me.

"How did you even find out about her?" Lizzie sounded scared.

"We've met." I'm the one that answers. "You're Adrien. Dylan's brother."

"Good memory." He gives me a cruel smile. Why is Dylan's brother here? Did Dylan tell him who I was? No, he wouldn't.

"How did you get to me? I was on the ocean." He's human, no way we would be able to grab me that deep into the sea.

"I have a few friends." Everything since I said goodbye to Dylan on the beach was a blur.

"Merpeople helped you? Why?"

"I don't think you are understanding your situation. You are a hostage. I ask the questions."

"You can ask but I won't answer. Dylan will track me down."

"Dylan thinks you are in your little Kingdom. The people from your Kingdom don't even know you exist, do they? So no one will miss you, and Dylan, oh Dylan will just think you won't come back."

He thinks no one knows who I am. He doesn't know about Thea. That gives me hope. She will notice I'm gone.

"He'll notice I'm gone if I don't show up soon. I made a promise."

"Really? Because you were unconscious for three days and my contacts said that he was throwing a party with his gang and a lot of beautiful women."

Three days? Is he telling the truth?! He isn't looking for me?

No. Why should I believe him? I love Dylan, and I trust him.

"I have more friends besides Dylan, trust me, you don't want to mess with them." I was obviously bluffing. Thea couldn't do much on her own, but I know that Dylan is trying his best to help me.

"You know. When I saw you at the party I was very shocked. I almost blown my cover by asking how you got free and get legs. I realized you weren't her in no time, you lack...something I can't describe. When Dylan sent that idiot to protect you, not so subtly may I add, I thought I just found my jackpot. Not only did you obviously know the answer to my questions, but my brother likes you. Double win. I can have my answers and make him suffer all in one play."

"Why would you want your own brother to suffer?"

"He's my half-brother." As if that is a sufficient answer. He comes near my tank and grabs something that I never seen before, but when he touches two of those things together, sparks fly. "You know that water is an incredible conductor of electricity? If I drop these in there you will die instantly. Fried fish." He smiles at me. "I'll have fun with you first, don't worry." He takes a blade and slices my shoulder through the opening on top of the tank. The pain is intense, a burning feeling that paralyzes my arm. I try to stay quiet and let the water wash away the blood. The water becomes slightly pink.

"So what's your plan? Torture me for information I won't give, and then kill us?" I say while supporting the injured arm.

"Kill you? No no no, I'll sell you. Do you have any idea what one mermaid can sell for?"

"One?" I look at Lizzie and she looks terrified.

"Well yes. I have no need of her anymore. Plus she pisses me off." Faster than I can follow he pulls a gun and shoots Lizzie. Her tank shatters and she fall to the floor crying.

"What are you doing?! She need water!"

"A shame. I'm tired of her. I can't see anyone buying her. Besides, it came to my attention that she is very high profile. I wouldn't want any trouble for selling a princess. However, selling a lookalike shouldn't be a problem."

"You are crazy."

He laughs, "You have no idea." He takes a few steps away from my tank and steps over Lizzie. "You'll answer my questions. Eventually. Or people you care about will start to drop dead." Is he talking about Dylan?

"You wouldn't."

"Try me. I have been looking for an excuse for years." That's the last thing he says before closing the metal door.

"Lizzie! Are you ok?"

"It hurts a lot, but I am for now. I don't think the thing that hit me will kill me. The lack of water will." She's losing a lot of blood from the shoulder injury and from the shrapnel of glass that craved her tail, it looks painful.

Looking at her it hits me.

"I have a plan." I say as I pull myself up grabbing the edge of the aquarium.

"What plan?"

"First, we get you in this tank."

"How? I can't walk on my tail and neither can you." Oh...she doesn't know I'm a half-breed, I forgot I found that out after she was gone.

I concentrate and will my tail to turn into legs. I know it works while they are wet. Adrien probably didn't think of that.

I get up, hissing from the pain on my shoulder, and get out of the table, carefully.

As I look at Lizzie I see the shock on her face.

"Meleah! You're half human?!"

"Yes. No time to explain. Come on, hold on to me."

With much difficulty I manage to get her on the tank, and she breathes a sign of relief.

"Thank you."

"How is your shoulder and tail?"

"Hurt a lot. The water helps."

"Good. We have to get out of here and return you to your parents."

"I can't wait." She smiles sarcastically.

"It's going to be fine."

"It is important to you that I return?"

"Yes."

"Why?" I decide to be honest with her. For once.

"You are my friend and honestly I'm tired of pretending to be you. I need to be me for a change."

"I see. They'll set you free once I'm there."

"That's the deal I made with the Queen."

"My mother promised you that?"

"Yes, why?"

"Nothing. Just curious." I nod. After all this time of course she's curious about what happened.

"Adrien must be returning soon. I'll hid behind the door and wait for him to return. When he comes back try to distract him. Lure him closer."

"I will try my best." Her face is full of determination. This has to work out.

I hear footsteps and signal Elizabeth to be silent.

The door opens and he comes in, his gun on one hand as if it was part of him. Who is this guy?

He stops dead in his tracks when he sees no one on the floor. Will he notice that is the blond in the tank or won't he even notice?

"Where is she??"

"Someone took her. Your doing I presumed."

"No. I didn't order anyone to move her." He walks closer to Lizzie. "Wait a second-" He noticed, this is my change.

I kick his hand with as much strength as I can, the gun goes flying until the end of the room.

He catches on and grabs me tossing me across the table where Lizzie's tank was.

I don't have time to catch my breath before he kicks my stomach.

"How the hell did you turn to legs in water?!" Another kick.

I stretch my arm the farthest I could until I grabbed what I need. I use my legs to kick his knees and he falls to the ground.

I grab this opportunity and use what I just grabbed, the electrical things he wanted to use on me. I use the water on the ground from the shattered tank, on top of which he lies and shock it. He shakes for a second and then goes still. I just electrocuted someone. Is he dead? The moaning of pain he does tells me he is just passed out. Who's the fried fish now?

Before he regains consciousness I toss him face first and climb on top of him, trying to find a way to restrain him before thinking on my next move.

I'm facing away from the door when I hear it burst open.

"What the hell is going on?!" A man's voice fills the room.

Oh no. I'm screwed.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

13.6K 1.6K 52
True love's first kiss has never been so complicated nor had such high stakes. The Seven most powerful Gods of this wicked world somehow managed to...
570 34 29
A few weeks ago, Luke and Heidi made up and got back together. You'd probably know they would, like, doesn't that happen in every breakup story? If w...
1.7K 300 63
I looked up and found him staring at me, so I tried to lean forward and kiss him but his hold on my neck didn't let me do so. I groaned and whispered...
771 82 11
" I wish I had never met you" Hello 👋 🤗 I am a Genie, not a djinn a actual Genie, true I guess you could say I have djinn genes but I prefer to be...