The Final Year (vol 1)

By amourpierce

In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school o... More

Notice... Very important!!!
Prologue
Uproar
Settling in
Pray
Monday morning
The girl
The first day
The Crowd
The Squad
The Confrontation
Prep
A date?
B. D. T
Unbothered
Facts or Myths
Night Crawlers
Life of the party
Important note:
Parte after parte
Family
Home Sweet Home
Busted
The Trip
Paranoia
Just a game...
Smile
Mine
BTS
Trouble
Preparations
Wonder
Appeasement
Visitation
Friendly beast
The Reveal
Hangout
Square one
Squad goals
Hurt
Chit chat
Drill
The Past
The Threat
Contraband
Pretty
The Big Game
Vulnerable
Night talk
Confession
Apology
Exam Fever
Yearbook
Sting
Shopping
Memories
Graduation
Epilogue
Q/N
Announcement
Bonus chapter
Important notice!!

The clique

1.1K 226 26
By amourpierce

Ewatomi Bello👆👆

I listen attentively to Femi as he told me more about the school, and at the same time taking a bite from my breakfast which consists of bread and tea, very watery tea,like i can practically separate the water from the tea. We sat down on one of the smaller tables as two more students came to join us, they were both junior boys. Part of the rules for eating in the cafeteria, come early or you will be locked out, the table you occupy on your first day will be the table you use for the rest of the term.

Thank God am with the people am familiar with, i don't think i will be comfortable with a stranger, the two junior boys are new students in their Jss1, as long as they are not rowdy am cool with them. The two boys gave the three of us an uneasy smile as the clutch their plates like their life depends on it, Femi gave them a wave as Tomi and I gave them a small smile. They seem to release a sigh, so they were scared. I don't blame them, i have come to notice with the short time i have been in this school, the seniors seem to rag or bully the juniors. Its stupid honestly... Bullying is not a fun act or a show of superiority. The two boys were just being careful, i will if i were in their shoes. I decided to ease their nerves.

"What are your names?" I asked calmly with a reassuring smile. The short one with a round belly and big cheeks spoke up first.

"Tosin" he squeaked, his stature and his voice are totally opposite.

"Quham" his friend who was slim and much taller in posture answered. I nodded even though the name was strange to me.

"It is alright guys" Femi deep voice rang out beside me "you are safe here... No one is going to disturb you"

The boys face lit up as if they have been told they hit a jackpot. I laugh quietly as they sat down happily diving into their breakfast.

I turn to look at Tomi who as not eaten half of her food while mine was empty. I realized she was quiet through out the discussion. When we entered the cafeteria, some.. no, a lot of students holler a greeting or give a sign of recognition and respect to Femi but Tomi, she was ignored... Like a thin dust in the corner.

"You should eat your food before it gets stale" I pointed out. She looks up and gave me a shy smile.

"Thank you so much for pointing it out to her, maybe she will listen" Femi raised his hands up in the air as if thanking God. I giggle as i wrap my hand around her slim and tiny waist.

"Don't worry before this term ends, am going to feed you so well like a Calabar bride coming out of the fattening house" I winked as she blushed, Femi laughs out as the junior boys giggled. I placed my head on her shoulder closing my eyes.

Suddenly, there was silence, the room went quiet, it was as if something made the student stop what they were doing in anticipation. Tomi seemed tense as Femi grumbled in the background. I decided to open my eyes to see what was actually going on.

It was like we were in the theatrics, do you know all this American teen fictions when the popular kids in the school walk in and the students in the school treat them with love, fear and respect. That is what am witnessing right now, in a Nigerian school.

The four boys walked in like royalties, each with define poise and masculinity. They were ridiculously handsome and they reek of wealth! I know people like me when i see them. Their uniform was neat and crisp, not a single ruffle was seen. One of them who i came to recognize as the head boy, had his blazer on his arm. His shirt did no justice to his ripped and strong arms, even with his nerdy glasses, you will think he was posing for the GQ magazine.
Who are these guys?.

"Who are they?" I asked no one in particular, sounding bored as the rest of the students stared at them in awe, even the new students, it seems the recognize the air of superiority around them.

"The Princes of SJC" Tomi puffed, talking for the first time we sat down. I chuckled finding it funny, please tell me am not in a teen show, a badly written one. They all stared at me not finding it funny, even the new junior boys. "Are you serious?"

"Very serious, they are the fellas you should stay away from, don't even come under their radii" Tomi warned sounding serious. I raised my eyebrows, a sign for her to explain but Femi beats her to it.

"The one with the nerdy glasses is Olatokunbo Holloway, nick named as 'Toks'. The school head boy, he is the school golden boy__"

"And also a grade A jackass Oloriburuku somebody" Tomi fumes cursing him out , i stared at her surprised as Femi rolled his eyes as if he is used to her tantrums. What's her deal with the school golden boy?

"Beside him is Prince Adeolu Adeyemi, a real life Prince, he is the heir apparent to the throne of one of the big and beautiful cities in Yoruba land but trust me he doesn't behave like one" I stare at the handsome guy who was light skinned and had fairly pink lips, i noticed the 'iyun' bracelet on his wrist showing his royalty. He looks tall and also acquired muscles but not as muscular as the head boy, his haircut was made in a nice boyish way.

"Why?" I chirped in. I realize Tosin and Quham were also listening, they were trying to be discreet, but they failed woefully.

"He lays with anything in skirt, i mean anything.. He is the number one Casanova of SJC, rumors has it that he extended his escapades to teachers" my eyes widen in shock and disgust at Tomi's statement.

"Yeah... I also heard he slept with a minor but am not sure o..." Tomi quickly defends herself as Femi shakes his head in disagreement.

"He is normal referred to as 'Aremo', 'Prince' or 'Ejo' (the snake)"

"Why is he called Ejo" I interrupted him again.

"Basically... Prince is an athlete, the fastest runner this school ever acquired, whenever he is in a race, he always stuck out his tongue like a snake... Students believe terrestrial and unseen powers lies in his tongue as a source of power cause he not only use it when running but to woo and seduce women because no female as ever denied him" she finishes.

"Only God knows where that tongue has been" Femi shakes his head as we all shuddered.

"Moving on" Tomi takes over from Femi "the half-caste guy is Folahami Briggs popular known as 'Bamz'. He is the reserved one but also dangerous, his father owns a chain of construction companies, he is the sole heir. He is of a Britain-Nigerian descent. His mum is British while his father is Nigerian, he rarely talks but he communicates with his eyes or body"

"His he dumb?" I asked feeling sorry for him.

"No.. He does not like long conversation i guess" I hummed staring at the curly head boy with bluish green eyes who looks too sophisticated and exotic for his own good.

"And last but the most important.. The prince of SJC__"

"No no... The king of SJC" Tomi interrupted in correction as Femi glared at her in annoyance as she shrugs.

"Yeah yeah... King of SJC, Olashubomi Cole__"

"Senior Shubbie" the two junior boys gasped in fright with wide and scary eyes, they cower in fear i look at them confused as Tomi shifted uncomfortably.

"See... Even his name causes terror in the mind of the students and even teachers" Femi shake his head as he takes a sip of water, Tomi continued again.

"He is called 'Shubbie' but he is popularly known as 'Chieffo' or 'The Don'...the leader of the elite" she whispered out as if scared someone will hear her saying something bad about the guy.

"His he that bad?" I asked in surprise, she looks scared while Femi looks unmoved.

"He is not bad... He is down right deadly and dangerous, bundle of craziness, a first class bully and a seasoned manipulator" she shakes her head, pausing the name calling. "He can mend and bend the rules... His family his stinky rich, like one percent of one percent, remember that movie 'The Bling Lagosians' in fact bigger than that .. He is the really life model" She rumbles out as i stare at her in amusement.

"Between The Coles and The Cokers, i don't know who is richer... It seems they both fall on the same category" I tensed at my family name, am not ready for them to find out they were sitting with a Coker. I want normal, i don't want them to treat me differently, i love this normal. Thank God they haven't pin point or discover the similarities in the surname, maybe they think am another Coker.

"That is interesting" I said anxiously clearing my throat.

"You should stay away from them, they are bad news Teni" Femi warned me looking worried.

"Don't worry about me... Trust me, i got other things to worry about than interacting with the elites" I smirk as he nods.

We all left the conversation, talking about the school social views, Femi added me to the school and class group chat on WhatsApp via my IPad, he claimed it was mainly for educational purposes and to communicate but trust students to turn it to a dating app. I felt eyes on me, it's not like i don't feel or see people staring at me but this particular one was static, fixed. I rolled my eyes deciding to fish out the culprit.

My eyes locks with his, the same eyes i saw in class. But why does it have to be this Shubbie guy?. I exhaled staring at him head on as he didn't he look away. We were engaged in a staring contest, both of us refusing to back down. I don't know if it was the way i was brought up but i don't back out in a competition or submit to anyone, i don't care if you think am a bitch but is in my blood. Am a well raised bitch.

He looks amused at my audacity and i don't blame him, i think no one as ever challenged him like that in his years of existence. He looks familiar though. I narrowed my eyes as he smirks. Finally he looks away. Bingo! This is going to be an interesting year.

Oloriburuku somebody - an unfortunate being.

Iyun -a traditional bead made from precious stones usually worn by royalties and chiefs. Also worn during ceremonies. Comes in different shapes and colors. Worn as necklaces, bracelets, anklets or for crowns.

Calabar- capital city of Cross River state.

P. S: I had an 'Ejo' back in secondary school😁😏

You can also share your experiences with bad guys back in school.

This is not like must of the cliche teen fiction where the guy is the alpha male while the main girl is a innocent damsel... The main chick go get craze o...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36 16 11
Highschool is an institution for learning where we meet different people with certain backgrounds, talents, dreams, and statuses. It is also a place...
6K 1.3K 31
"๐‘พ๐’† ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’•๐’˜๐’ ๐’…๐’Š๐’‡๐’‡๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’๐’…๐’”" ~๐€ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐“๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐…๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง~ Sonia Uduak-Abasi Ubong has always been...
16K 3.6K 59
"Pleaseee...abeg, don't start this morning oo! It won't be funny" I threatened. "And what are you gonna do about it baby?" He smirked, whispering the...
23.5K 8.2K 57
"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ณ๐ณ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ; ๐ฐ...