Castle | βœ”οΈ

By KittyKash92

(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Chapter Thirteen

19.2K 1.5K 243
By KittyKash92

Castle stopped taking medications completely.

The maid brought the pills twice a day, but I made sure he didn't take it, and slowly I started noticing some difference in Castle's behavior. The mood swings were getting comparatively lesser; he wasn't drowsy during the day and could form better sentences and appeared happier.

It was like Castle was walking out into the sun from a dull, gloomy day.

All I needed to do now was wait until he regained his memories, and that was okay. I had a lot of time on my hands, considering all I did was sit around and watch Castle playing, eating, and do some more playing.

I couldn't risk trying to find a way out of here, only to be beaten half to death. I had my legs broken before; it wouldn't be too difficult for them to kill me the next time I tried to escape.

My only ticket out of this place was Castle.

And recently I noticed him showing strange behavior whenever I was with him. He would look at me with this heated expression on his face. It wasn't innocent by a long shot. On the contrary, it made me believe he was noticing me as a man, and not someone who didn't understand attraction towards women.

Could I chalk it up as loneliness?

Perhaps, since he'd been without female company for a long time, the basic instinct was making him feel that way towards me. It was very hard to decipher Castle's thoughts and feelings just by looking at him, as he was very good at hiding them well.

I compartmentalized those thoughts and started heading downstairs when I saw Theo heading upstairs to his room. He was carrying a backpack and a bag of Burger King. And he wasn't alone...

An attractive African-American girl was with him. She seemed to be the same age as him and holding two large milkshakes. She was laughing at something that he was saying, and the two seemed to be lost in their world until her eyes met mine and she stopped climbing the stairs. Theo's eyes followed her gaze and rested on me.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I smiled at them. To him I said, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"

Theo flashed me a silent warning, challenging me to say anything about what was going on in this house. But there was also fear shining in those golden-brown eyes, fear of what would happen if I opened my mouth and spill the evil deeds of his siblings.

"This is Madison." He told me. "Maddy, this is Millie. She's my brother's nanny."

"Chandler is a handful. I'm sure you have a tough time with him." She said with humor.

I laughed.

Theo frowned, "Not for Chandler. She's Castle's nanny. Caregiver, actually."

You should have seen her face. "Oh. I see..."

Anyone would be rendered speechless to learn that the oldest brother needed a nanny.

The silence was getting awkward; I could hear the crickets in the background.

"We have burgers and fries; would you like to join us?" She asked me.

Madison seemed like a sweet girl, something that was a breath of fresh air in this house.

Theo gave her the sting-eye and, of course, I noticed the way he subtly kicked her shoe.

I shook my head. "I wouldn't want to intrude and be the third wheel. I'd rather sit in the courtyard and watch Castle count birds."

"Millie has a weird sense of humor. Ignore her." Theo said.

Madison laughed. "It's nice to meet you, Millie. At least someone in this house is interesting. I was pretty sure all the staff around here were androids."

"They're worse. You don't know the half of it." He informed her.

"Don't want to either." She said, "My imagination is wild."

"I would know."

"Wanna test it?"

"Aw. You guys are so adorable." I chimed in.

She had to be his girlfriend. And after this exchange, I had no doubt.

Theo tried to avoid eye-contact. They'd probably forgotten I was standing here until I'd said that.

"We were...we were just going upstairs to study. C'mon, Maddy," He said, running upstairs towards his room.

"I haven't even asked you anything, and be safe, guys. Don't have too much fun." I called out after them.

The door slammed after them.

*~*

I located Castle in the horse stables. It was too hot outside, so I'd prepared a jug full of fresh lemonade.

I told him he could have it when he was feeling tired but he ignored me and concentrated on the work at hand, so I placed the tray on an empty crate nearby and settled down on an upturned bucket watching him as he worked on his favorite brown colored horse named Star who had cute silky fringes covering its forehead.

He was shirtless, wearing only a pair of jeans that rode low on his hips. His muscles flexed as he lathered the horse with shampoo, and that was a sight for sore eyes.

I didn't really have a reason to complain.

It was nice to see Castle concentrate on something that he loved doing so much—whether it was trains, or remote control cars or horses.

The sun was beating down harshly; the birds chirped in the trees nearby—it was a lovely day and the mansion looked something right out of a fairytale story. Only, it was anything but. The darkness and horrors inside this mansion were unspeakable.

I tried my best to stop myself from thinking of the negative side and concentrate on the positive, like how Castle's hair had streaks of gold in the sunlight or the way he'd smile when he was doing things he loved.

Drops of sweat trickled down his body, and I stared at him, fascinated.

Stop it, Millie! He might be thirty, but there's no way Castle would even have liked me if he had a choice. He was way out of my league, not to mention, I was employed by his family—More like kidnapped, so what would my attraction towards Castle be called?

Stockholm syndrome?

I didn't think so. Castle was every bit a victim in this family as I was.

"Do you want me to leave?" I asked him.

Castle probably thought I was a hindrance, so I could just walk out here and observe him from far.

He turned to face me. "Stay."

"Well, can I at least help you bathe him?" I asked.

He didn't answer for an entire minute and I thought he was back to ignoring me again when he said, "Okay."

I took a generous amount of shampoo in my palm and began scrubbing the horse. The texture of the horse felt soft under my fingers. "Hmm...this feels relaxing. He's really sweet."

"I helped Star's mother...through labor when he was born." Castle said proudly, like a vet who'd delivered a healthy baby.

Pretty sure this was the longest sentence he'd said to me in a while. I'd noticed since I'd stopped giving him medication, his speech had improved.

"I see. I would love to watch the process someday as well."

Castle shook his head. "You'll be disturbed."

"Trust me. What I've been through so far in this house, I don't think anything else will disturb me for a long time."

Castle froze, his brush stopping mid scrub. He turned to me. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "It's not your fault."

Tension filled the atmosphere. And Castle didn't need to feel guilty for Devin and Dayana's sins. Even though he was their brother, he wasn't to blame for what was going on.

To make the situation lighter, I splashed the water from the bucket at him.

Castle stared at me in complete bafflement and for a second I thought he was going to be angry about it, but a moment later, I stood there bewildered until I was sprayed with a water hose.

And the sound of Castle's laughter rang in my ears.

It was one of the nicest laughs I'd ever heard—a rich, deep one that I could never tire of listening to.

I grabbed the pitcher of lemonade and threw it towards him. He walked towards me slowly, the hose still in his hands. I took a few steps back and made a run until I realized I was trapped completely.

Castle's eyes were mischievous as he approached me like a predator hunting for its prey until he grabbed me with his right hand and sprayed more water all over me.

"Oh god," I laughed, "Stop it." I tried to push him, but he wouldn't budge.

I snatched the hose from his hand when I saw the chance and did the same to him, so now he was drenched like me too. I giggled, "Serves you right, mister."

My giggles started fading when he inched closer until I was sandwiched between the wall and him. And I was aware of how the thin fabric of my dress clung to my body, outlining the off-white bra I was wearing underneath, not to mention the dress sticking to my body below the waist and highlighting every shape. By the looks of it, Castle had noticed it too, because his eyes kept darting from my chest to my lips.

He stared at the top button of my dress as if it bothered him.

I was lost in his intense gaze when his lips met mine in a slow caressing kiss. His mouth was insistent over mine as he was silently seeking permission for more. He smelled of something like sunshine, and lemon mixed with the twinge of his male scent that came after a day's hard labor. I moaned, unable to let go or tell him that what we were doing was wrong. He kissed like someone who'd lost practice at it, but knew exactly what he was doing.

I felt myself falling deeper and deeper—like I was being pulled by an ocean current.

My hands went into his soft brown curls, and his grasp over me tightened. His tongue moved desperately inside me.

I pulled away enough to say, "Castle...we can't."

But he was far beyond to listen to what I had to say. He was breathing hard and staring at my lips. He pressed his fingers on my swollen lips. "Tomorrow. Same place."

* * *

Please Like and Comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 πŸ₯‡(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards πŸ₯ˆ(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards πŸ₯ˆ(2nd pl...
629 187 32
Eighteen years ago, Kevin's parents were brutally murdered. Seventeen years after their death, Kevin is forced to watch helplessly as his fiancΓ©e is...
15.1K 2.9K 68
Parents disappeared. Brother disappeared. A stranger lurking in her room. An abusive and greedy aunt looking for an opportunity to do away with her...
58.7K 2.1K 30
⭐𝐓𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π–πšπ­π­π©πšπ π‚π«πžπšπ­π¨π«π¬ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦⭐ Grace Matthews yearns to break away from her small hom...