The Wedding In Miami

By NightTime_Storiexs

Highest rankings: Exes: #1 (4th July 2020) Bad boy: #1 (3rd July 2020) Follow my Instagram for any updates an... More

The wedding of Madeline Gray
Cousin's wedding?
Forgive and forget?
Wrong room
Faster than a fat kid chasing an ice cream truck
Miami Beach
What we had
Save water, shower together
One giant splash
Perfect plan
Particular taste
From one ex to another
That goddamn dress
A toast to the lovely couples here tonight
A walk couldn't hurt
I saved you a muffin
Nicky-Nick got scared?
Bonfire
Unbelievable, idiotically, pathetically
A bad habit
Voice inside my head
A little spy
Ice cream
It's a love bite
Little Havana
Reflection
Reliving that night
Bruises
Let's fucking run
Ketchup
Six flags
Not prettier than you
It's not like the movies
It feels different
I don't want it
Looking at him
If you say so
Speeches
Wedding glow
In sickness and in health
I'm sure
Home sweet home
Summer nights
Thank you + New Book

Struck by lightning

12.3K 289 69
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter forty-four: Struck by lightning (Emma's POV)

It was the middle of the night and Nick and I were in his bed with me in nothing but his shirt as we watched Thor Ragnarok. I picked the movie and I'm the one that isn't watching it. I'm just watching Nick. 

My mind keeps going back to the little jealousy fit I just had and I hope I didn't make a fool out of myself, which I have a feeling I did. I know I said he's mine and all that stuff but he's not even my boyfriend so what am I claiming? I don't have a right to do that. I should though. 

I know he's had his fair share of acting out about Liam and me but I can't help feeling weird about doing that tonight. It's not like I've never done something like that, I have. And even then, it was for him but the only difference is, he was my boyfriend and it was so much easier to explain that. 

Whenever someone asked, I could say he's my boyfriend and saying that always felt amazing. It felt great knowing he was a hundred percent mine. And I miss that. I could ask him. I should ask him. But how will I ask him? I could ask him right now. 

He turned the TV off and I snapped out of my little haze. 

"What's up?" he asked while running his fingers through my hair. 

"Are your parents asleep?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"Why? You wanna get down and dirty?" he teased. I rolled my eyes while clicking my tongue. 

"No, I just need to ask you something," I sighed while sitting up against his headboard. 

"Sure, anything," he shrugged. 

Isn't this hypocritical? Just a little? Maybe a lot. 

Maybe I could bring it up slowly. "Do you think it was okay for me to get all jealous at the party tonight? Cause I don't wanna make you uncomfortable or anything so I'm sorry if I did, I know you're not my boyfriend so I didn't have a right to act out like that but I just-" 

"Emma, in all honesty, I loved seeing you act out like that. It just confirmed to me that you care about me just as much as I care about you. Enough to fight for me," he chuckled with a small shrug. 

"Really?" I asked and he nodded reassuringly. The realization hit me like I had gotten struck by lightning. I wanted him to be my boyfriend. 

"So, what did you want to ask?" he questioned. 

"Oh, nothing, forget about it," I waved my hand dismissively. 

"You can't just start a conversation and then leave it open-ended. It will drive me insane," he chuckled. 

"It doesn't make sense and I think it's hypocritical, maybe I'll ask you another time," I shrugged. 

"I'm not gonna let you go to sleep," he gave me a pointed look. 

"Oh, come on," I pouted. 

"You know I won't hesitate," he said smugly. It's true, he will keep me awake and frustrate me to the point where I'll have no choice but to ask him.

"Would you maybe um-" I stuttered while staring at the covers, using my hair as a shield to hide my blushing cheeks. Heat rushed to my skin while he tucked my hair behind my ear. "Would you maybe want to- I don't know- be my uh-" I stammered more, "Be my boyfriend?" I spat it out. 

"Y- you're asking me if I want to be your boyfriend?" he asked in shock while I did nothing but nod slowly like a nervous little child. I wouldn't mind if he said no, he has the full right now. 

"It's fine if you don't want to, I-" 

"Yes, are you fucking kidding me?" he laughed. 

"Wait, what?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Of course, I want to be your boyfriend. You know how badly I wanted you to be my girlfriend, I just hesitated because last time I asked, things didn't go too well and it wasn't very pretty," he chuckled. 

"Wait, really?" I asked, grinning like an idiot. 

"Of course," he laughed before grabbing my shirt and pulling at it enough to pull me closer to him and into a kiss. 

For once, I stepped up to the plate and deepened the kiss while inching forward before straddling him. "I love you," I mumbled against his lips. 

"I love you too," he spoke against mine. 

-----<3----- 

It was now the next morning, almost eleven and Nick was still sleeping while I was downstairs cutting up fruits for him and myself. I turned to the stairs when I heard a door open and close and saw him coming downstairs while rubbing his eyes. 

"Hey," I smiled. I assumed his parents were at work since no one had come down before me unless they're sleeping in. Then I better go back upstairs and put something on. 

"Hey," he said while standing behind me, putting his arms around me, resting his chin on my shoulder. 

"I cut you some fruits, that's as good as it gets today," I said while pointing to his bowl that I put aside. 

"Really? Fruit or no fruit, I could get used to this," he mumbled before pressing a kiss to the base of my neck, collarbone, and shoulder where the shirt had slipped off. "Your clothes don't seem to want to be clothes," he mumbled against my skin. 

"Well, they aren't mine," I laughed while placing the knife in the sink. 

"Of course, they are," he said, sounding slightly offended. 

Someone cleared their throat and we both jumped, him enough to hit his head on the cabinet handle. 

"Oh!" I exclaimed while turning around, biting back a laugh while he winced. I placed my hand on his head while hiding my face in his chest. "Jesus," I chuckled while rubbing his head lightly. 

"Morning you two," Matt's voice cut through the air. 

"Dad," Nick said through gritted teeth. 

"Hey, Matt," I stood on my toes enough to look up from Nick's shoulder. 

"I guess I could get that coffee later," he shrugged before going back into his room. 

Nick sighed while I stifled a laugh before looking up at him. "You okay?" I chuckled. 

"I thought he'd be at work," he groaned, resting his head on my shoulder. 

"It's Sunday!" Matt's voice called out. 

I bit back a laugh while grabbing our food. "Let's just go," I grabbed his hand quickly pulling him upstairs and into his room with me. 

"God, I'm sorry, if I would have known he'd be home..." he chuckled as we sat on his bed. 

"It's okay," I shrugged, "That's happened with my parents before, we're equal now," I shrugged. 

"That was way worse, there's no way we're equal," he scoffed. 

"No, it wasn't," I rolled my eyes. 

"Emma, that was the first time I met your dad." I just watched him, suppressing my laugh. "The first time I met your dad was shirtless, in nothing but sweatpants, messed up hair, early in the morning while I made you breakfast in bed for a morning date. You didn't tell me he was home but you knew it," he laughed. 

"No, I didn't know! I just knew it was a possibility," I shrugged while biting back a laugh. 

"Right, and you didn't think to warn me," he rolled his eyes while taking a strawberry out of my bowl. 

"Eat yours!" I exclaimed while pushing him off. 

"It tastes sweeter from you," he whined, taking another one. 

I rolled my eyes before we shared both the bowls and then put them aside. "So, what are we doing today?" I asked while leaning against the headboard. 

"We are going on a date," he said while turning to me, tracing circles on my thigh. 

"Where are we going?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"Skating," he smirked. 

And that's exactly what we did. Turns out, he still had our skates from a skating date we went on earlier so we changed, I borrowed some more of his clothes, rolling up the sweatpants because yes, we're going out in sweatpants. He slipped the skates on for me at his porch before we headed out.

We weren't going to a skating rink, just skating around the neighborhood on the sidewalk. He was talking to me while we held hands and skated down the sidewalk, laughing and talking the entire time. 

"Lamppost," I warned him, pulling my hand out of his before holding it again once we skated past the lamppost. After we finished our date and got back to his house, I decided to head home. 

"Don't go," he pulled the shirt, pulling me back onto the bed. 

"Nick, I have to go home," I chuckled while he pulled me in for a kiss. 

"No, you don't," he huffed. 

"I really do," I chuckled. 

"Then I'm coming with you," he shrugged. 

"You're gonna stay?" I asked while he grabbed a few things and led us outside. 

"Can I?" he asked as we got into his car and he backed the car out of the driveway. 

"Sure," I shrugged. 

So this is how the rest of our summer is going to be. Spending nights at his place or mine. 

We never would have gotten back together, if it was for the wedding in Miami.

-

-

-

-

-

Chapter forty-four

AND WE'RE DONEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 16.6K 67
Everly had her life all planned out. She was going to marry Brad, her best friend since second grade, her high school sweetheart, and soulmate. He wa...
3.9M 125K 39
Workaholic wedding planner Sophia gets the surprise of her life when her new clients' best man turns out to be her ex-boyfriend. ...
1.8M 57.1K 51
Highest rankings: Chicklit: #1 (11th May 2020) Soccer: #1 (21st June 2020) High school: #6 (22nd August 2020) Crush: #27 (22nd August 2020) Follow my...
460K 19.2K 60
Dylan Gold was only six years old when her mother died. Soon after, her father remarried a woman that despised her. At school, her step-siblings pret...