City Boy (TodoBaku)

By _Calv_Haii

At his final attempt, Enji Todoroki created his 'Perfect' creation. A dual quirked user that was forced to be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Sadness
Chapter 2: Dull
Chapter 3: Betrayal
Chapter 4: New kid
Chapter 5: Art Class
Chapter 6: Interest
Chapter 7: Words can Cut
Chapter 8: No Love Interest
Chapter 9: Fight
Chapter 10: Someone Else
Chapter 11: Wonders
Chapter 12: unhero-like
Chapter 13: Shine
Chapter 14: Confidence
Chapter 15: Haunted House
Chapter 16: Trigger
Chapter 17: Sorry
Chapter 18: Pain
Chapter 19: Concern
Chapter 21: Sorry for being me
Chapter 22: You Should Be Sad
Chapter 23: Can I Die?
Chapter 24: You're you....
Chapter 25: Cuddle Weather
Chapter 26: ...Talk
Chapter 27: Another Perspective
Chapter 30: Too Easy
Chapter 31: I'm Not Dead
Chapter 32: Worn out
Chapter 33: One Tragic Day
Thank you!!!!
Chapter 28: Try Having Friends
Chapter 34: I Want You Back
Chapter 35: Evidence.
Chapter 29: Human Heroine
Chapter 36: Is he.... Him?
Chapter 37: Save Shoto
Chapter 38: Quiet Chaos

Chapter 20: Cool Down

1.2K 59 58
By _Calv_Haii

Bakugou Katsuki's Point of View:

Why is it so cold?!?! I shivered and crossed my arms. I walk out the room with the rest of the class following behind me. I went to my locker because I couldn't fit my bento box in my bag anymore because the notebooks and shit I need to carry to my other classes that were in my locker took the space for my bento.

So I left it in my locker. I walk to the cafeteria to eat.... I wanna talk with Icyhot. I wanna ask about why he looked in pain in the video. I'll also ask why he kept avoiding my calls and messages. He keeps ignoring me.

As I walk along the room trying to find that 2 toned hair or at least those mismatched eyes but to no avail.
I groan and decided to go to a place where I know that it isn't cold. I held my bento in my hand and chucking it down in my bag. The corridors was filled with people gossiping about U.A.'s pretty boy, Todoroki Shoto.

I listened in on their conversation.

"He's so hot. He's also cute. I just can't believe all angles suit him. See!"
A girl said and showing everyone their phone where she kept taking photos.

"I know right?! I took pictures when he was getting in his car and even screenshot my phone when he was at that incident in Europe. He's so amazing" the other girl said and everyone agreed.

These bitches fan girl about him but doesn't even realize they have no chance with them. I roll my eyes and stomp towards the rooftop. I've been eating here a few days. It's been kind of warm here so I'm finally not as cold anymore. I turn the silver door knob and kicked the door at the same time.

It made a satisfying hit on the wall and slipped through and closing the door. I looked around and no one's here. "Nice! No one's here" I exclaimed and walk to a bench i took out my bento and placed my bag on the floor. I lay down feeling tired. I sigh and look at the box.

It's still kind of warm still. I open it and was met with the delicious aroma and yes it's my cooking. I made scramble eggs, few strips of bacon, of course fried rice with some meat with it. I ate a few bites of the food. I went daze again and thought about today. It's been warmer now since I'm at the rooftop

"The weather's perfect! .... I've been cold in like... forever!" I say stretching. I then asked myself "....where's icyhot? I didn't even saw him in the Cafeteria" as I groan out my worries

Suddenly a voice was heard from behind the trees"...I'm here." I then fall on the floor, surprised from that sudden deep voice. I realized I was completely covered with the food I was eating.  The person came and it was Todoroki. "Are you alright?" He asked. "WHAT THE FUCK?! DON'T JUST COME OUT OF NO WHERE!" I yelled. He covered his ears and wince slightly.

Shit. I forgot about his... PTSD and his sensitivity to sound.

"Volume... please" he said. I  nodded and stood up and removed the rice and other stuff off of me. He tried to help in removing some rice that stuck on my back. "What were you doing hiding there?" I asked him. "I wasn't hiding. I've been here this whole time" he said.

I rolled his eyes and I look at the wasted food. "Sorry about your food.... I can buy you lunch if you want" he spoke. "It's fucking fine! Leave me alone. I already ate breakfast earli-" I shout but got cut off by my stomach growling. Fuck this is embarrassing!
I look at his face to see any reactions from him and feel my face heat up.
At least i'm not cold now.

He sighed "Let me buy you something later. Classes are about to start.... in the mean time" he said pulling my arm. I grab my bento  and bag and followed him. He handed me rice balls from the cafeteria and paying for it. "I hope this satisfies your hunger through classes" he says and left.

I looked at him and then looking at the 3 rice balls he gave me. I just thought..... if we're gonna go out..... and eat. Doesn't that mean...... won't we look like were on a date? I then blush more as I thought more into it.
I snap out of my gay panic and head to class eating the 3 rice balls.

I enter the room and I was still dazed at how I'm gonna be able to talk with shoto again. I sigh and sit on my seat and the 4 dumb asses came over at my seat. "Bakugou! We're gonna go to the mall later, you gonna come?" They ask.

"No. I'm going somewhere" I said. They then look at me as if I'm a ghost. "You're not Bakugou! You're an impostor " they said holding my head. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU DUMB FUCKING EXTRAS" I yell and they step back. "I thought you were someone else. You weren't screaming  any more " they sighed.

I then scream more "THEN WHAT DID YOU TAKE ME FOR?" I yell until someone called me. "Katsuki" called by a deep voice of Todoroki. "Yes?" I ask. "Your being a Pomeranian again. Don't be loud, please" asked shoto

"....fine. sorry" I said and that made the class silent. "NOW I KNOW YOU'RE AN IMPOSTOR!" Yelled Kaminari. "Kaminari!" Scolded iida who was making everyone shut up.
I look over at shoto and he was clutching on his ears.

"Bakugou just stopped being loud! And also apologized. Todoroki, what did you do to Bakugou?" Asked mina. "Nothing. I just asked nicely" I then glare at them. These extras think I'm going soft. Let's wait till I get to punch them to oblivion.

................. (Time
Skip.   After school)

I finally got to clobber those fools in one of the practice rounds. The only one who stopped me was Todoroki.
He held me down and pinned me on the floor and I almost put my legs around his waist. If I were to do that... then..... I'd probably have a hard on.

I took my shit and put them in my locker. The extra notebooks I didn't need I put them there.... wait ..... don't I have to teach Icyhot? Ughhhh.
I put back the notebooks in my bag and walked to the exit. I saw  Todoroki and he was talking to a guy in a suit. I went over to him and he said to me "Let's go. I'll have my driver drive us to the nearby cafè just so that we can study also." He said and gesturing me to enter the black expensive car.

I sat at the far left and he sat at the far right, closing the door. He looked at me and pointed at my left side. "What?" I ask and he face palmed and got closer to me. He put an arm around my chest and shoulder. I then blush furiously. "W-what are you doing I-icyhot!?" I stutter out. I then felt a thin fabric wrap around me.

"Your seatbelt.... duh" he said and strapped me in. "O-oh" I said and look away. I glance at him and he put his seatbelt in and looked at his watch. "How long do you wanna stay?" He asked me. "I don't care. My parents won't mind" I say.

"Have you asked them?" He asked. "Yeah" I say and pretended I was messaging them but I was just playing something on my phone. He put in his airpods and listened to music while looking outside. The car started moving and I could feel the cold breeze of the air conditioner flowing through the car.

I shivered and he caught that. He tapped my shoulder and took his bag and gave me his Jacket. It was a black oversized hoodie. It's over sized for me anyways, for him it's perfect around him.

I grab it and unzip the jacket and putting my arms through the sleeves. I didn't wear it properly, I just put the sleeves in and the back of the jacket was facing my front. The hood part was wrapped around my neck and some of the hood was flying in my face because of the sudden movements of the car.

I could smell the scent. I missed this sweet aroma. I dig my face in it and closed my eyes. My thoughts were lost and all I could do was use all my energy on my nose to smell it.
I felt a tap on my arm and it was Todoroki. He was kind of red.
"Bakugou, we're here" he said. I nodded and stopped sniffing the soft fabric.

I removed my seatbelt and opened the door. We were at a parking lot and Shoto was talking to the driver. "Go home for the mean time. I'll call when I need you" he said. "Sure. Whatever you command, I'll follow" said the driver.

When the car left, shoto rolled his eyes and he grabbed my arm. "If you're going to have that, at least wear it properly" he said and he took my jacket and placed it along my shoulders, allowing me to easily slip on the sleeves and wearing it properly.

"Thanks" I said and he nodded. "Let's go" he said leading me inside. We went to the food court and I ask "I thought we were going to study? And aren't we gonna go to the cafè?" I ask.
"Do you want people to think we're going on a date? Sorry but after the thing in Europe.... people... have been following me. Some even ask pictures and some... try and look for some drama from me" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh...sure, I guess." I said. "I've been meaning to ask.... what happened with you? You weren't injured in the explosion and also.... why weren't you answering my calls" I asked. He looked at me confused and then looked puzzled.

"I...think father removed your number from my phone. He thinks of you as a distraction." He said looking down. "Sorry, I didn't know he'd do that" he added. "It's fine. " I say.
"....I have to treat you to food first, right?" He asked getting his wallet. He spun the credit car on his hands and said "Let's eat. I wanna have energy before studying or something" he said leading me to a restaurant that looks expensive as heck.

"We could've just ate fast food y'know" I said. "Fast food has a lot of preservatives and unhealthy number of cholesterol." Shoto spoke and lead us in. "Do you have a reservation sir?" Asked the woman at the counter. "Todoroki, Shoto Todoroki" he said and the girl nodded.

"You seriously picked a reservation?!" I ask him. He nodded and said "Earlier, at lunch time" He said and the girl earlier said "Your table is already prepared and you can dine in now" she spoke gesturing at the back.
It had a white soft fabric draped around the rectangular table and a candle in between and a single vase too with roses showing their red beauty.

It had 2 plates, silverware and a bunch of glasses, wine glasses and other shit. "This is expensive isn't it?" I ask him. He shruggs and said "Don't look at the price. I'll pay anyways" he said while playing with the knife. "Don't do that! You might cut yourself" I scolded. He then replied "That's what I'm planning" and I roll my eyes

I grab the knife from his hand and he raised a brow. I snarl and he looks at the knife. "I'm not letting you cut yourself" I say and the the girl from before handed us the menus.
I took his knife and put it on my plate.
"Order anything you want...." he said still looking at the knife.

I groan and looked at him. I flicked his fore head and he looked at me. "No over thinking and cutting" I scold him. "....what? I wasn't even thinking about it" he lied. "Then if you aren't thinking about it then why aren't you ordering anything" I said.

He looked at the menu and at me and asked "Yours?" Meaning what is my order. "O-oh" I stutter and skim through the menu. "I'll just have the chicken and the Cobb salad" I say and immediately the waitress took notes and looked at Todoroki and he looked through the menu. "I'll have the steak, medium well, red wine and also the beef soup" he said and looked at the menu.

"Thank you for ordering. " she said and opened her hand to take the menus. We gave it to her and I nudged shoto. He was putting his arm on the table and putting his head on top of his hand, still straight body but kind of slouching because of the position he was in.

"Yes?" He asked. "Why did you choose this restaurant? Isn't like fine dining restaurants have like... dress codes? " I ask and he nodded. "Yeah, they have dress codes, normally.  They accepted immediately after I said my name despite me adding in we're just wearing our school uniforms " he said.

"...hmm. That's what happens when a well-known name across the world is wanting to eat in their restaurant. Who wouldn't deny your reservation" I say and he sits up and asks me "Well-known?" He scoffed and chuckled.
"I'm not joking though. You just made your name known across Europe just a few weeks ago" I said.

"Hm.... Maybe you're right" he said putting his finger under his chin and looking at the candle.  "You keep forgetting your famous..." I say. "Not really.... I'm not like that famous" he denied once again. "Just earlier in the corridors I heard people talking about  your 'hot' and 'handsome' ass and them taking pictures of you at school and you getting in your car" I said and he looked puzzled.

"I can't really.... demand to stop taking pictures. I can't win that case because it's a public place" he said. I scoff and laugh at him. "You seriously plan on demanding them?" And he nodded.
"Dude, take it easy" I laugh more and he nodded. This guy.... seriously is hilarious....... wait..... did I just laugh?

I haven't even done that in a while. And I'm smiling too, what the fuck? I then stop what I was doing and feel my cheeks warm up. I'm getting flustered out of embarrassment. I just laughed and smiled in front of him... but I've  done this before... with him even.

I look at him and he gave a puzzled look. "Did I do something wrong? Why did you stop?" He asked looking sad. "It's nothing" I said and he nodded and started playing with his jacket's sleeves. He's over thinking again, isn't he?

"Um... Are we like... allowed to study here?" I ask him. He then looks at me like I'm dumb. "...ummm no. We can go to the library nearby if you want" he said. I nodded and I look at my phone. Someone was calling me. It was dad. I pressed ignore and threw my phone inside my bag.

Last week he was angry at me for calling him while he was at work. So I never called him. Ever. He said I shouldn't call so why should I fucking answer his shit calls. "Aren't you gonna answer that?" He asked since my phone ringed a couple more times.

"Leave it alone. It's just my dad. He doesn't wanna answer my calls so why should I answer his?" I ask and he nodded. "I understand....but maybe it's an emergency" he said.
"Yeah, I called him back then because of an emergency but he didn't pick up. It's just pay back." I say knitting my eyebrows.

"Sorry for bringing it up. It appears I've angered you" he said. "Yeah... let's just stop talking about him" I say and he only nodded. "What do you think of the place...?" He asked me. I look around. Metallic gold light fixtures were used for the lighting, there were white marble columns for the design of the entrance and some walls.

It also has white tables, a weird marble tiled floor and some plants. "It's... fancy... but I don't like it" I said. He nodded and said "Yeah.... I mean. The design's not really good. It's pretty much white on white on white and on marbles. The gold isn't really helping much. The plants helps but... it's not really planned nicely" he said looking at the fork.

I asked "You have an artsy mind don't you?" I ask him. He just shrugged and said "I hate my mind. Despite it having a few skills" he said. I nodded and looked at his eyes. He wasn't paying attention to me, only the plate.

His eyes were glowing because the plate bounced the light and it reflected through his eyes. I gazed more and suddenly the waiter arrived. She and other waiters carefully placed the food on the table and gave us 2 bottles of red wine.

"The manager said the wine's on the house" said the female waitress. Todoroki nodded and we thanked her.
We ate while looking at the wine. "I don't drink" I say. He nodded and said "You can give it to your dad if he gets angry at you for not answering his calls" he shrugged. "I ain't giving him anything! Give it to your dad" I say and he said "There's no point giving him alcohol. He has his own wine collection in his wine cellar" he said.

"I'll give it to your dad. I can explain to him that you were my tutor and stuff and say that you turned off your phone because we were studying. Also, I'll give it as like a gift so he doesn't get mad at you" he suggested. "Ugh fine." I say.

"Why are you concerned about my dad getting mad at me?" I ask him. "I just don't want you getting hurt" he said drinking the first bottle of red wine and pouring it in his glass and mixing it around by moving around his hand while the wine moves in a circular motion.

"My dad doesn't hurt me.... wait. Does your dad...like... hurt you?" I ask him. He stopped moving his arm and looked at me as if I caught him red handed. "..Sometimes" he whisper. My eyes widened. I thought it was all training?! Endeavor really hurts him! And it's intentional! I look at him and he gulp down the alcohol.

"Let's not talk about him..... what are the lessons that I missed that you think is difficult?" He asked me. I look at my food and shoved a spoon full of food and say "It wasn't that hard.  I just had a lot of time to study before hand.... but maybe the Lesson 15 one" I said and he nodded.

He was able to finish the wine halfway and said "I have a high alcohol tolerance but.... I don't wanna lose my senses so I'll stop drinking" he said. "How does it feel when you get drunk?" I ask curious. "It depends on the person. But for me I just realize that I can't have access to my mind completely. Like there's this... block in your head that stops you from processing anything. Alcohol kills your brain cells too but it helps in creative thinking" he said looking at the bottle.

We finished eating and shoto asked the waitress to put the 2 bottles of wine in a separate paper bag and the one for my dad has a ribbon it while his was just in a paper bag with the restaurant's name in it.

"Let's go?" He asked after paying the meal. "Sure" I said taking the paper bag and my own bag, slinging the bag on my back and holding the paper bag. "So... the library, right?" He asked. I nodded and we exit the restaurant with a few glances of some people.

I heard my name being called.
"Hey isn't that bakubro?!" "Yeah it's him! And he's with todoroki!" I heard my dork of friends call me. "Hey dude! What are you doing here? And why are you with Todoroki?" Asked dunce face.

"What do you think, idiot?" I ask.
"...I don't know? A date? You two just came out from that fancy looking restaurant" he said. "Yeah! You two are dating?" Asked shitty hair. "We just ate dumbass! And we were gonna study for his tests, remember" I say and they nod in understatement.

"Ohhhh, damn. How expensive was your bill? That place seems fancy as heck" said mina. I shrug and pointed at Todoroki.  He looked at the reciept and gave it to them. "What?! 1200 yen?!" They yell. "Guys,  shut up" I say looking at Todoroki who was covering his ears. "Sorry Todoroki" they said and giving back the receipt.

"Why does it still look like you went on a date though? " asked mina looking sideways and putting her head upside down like a kid trying gymnastics but was only able to fall on her own head.

"Think as you may, I just treated him because I indirectly wasted his food earlier" said Todoroki.  "What happened? How did you do that?" Asked shitty hair. "I startled him making him throw his food" he said coldly. "We need to go. Sorry but we need to start studying" he said while pulling me away.

"Thanks for pulling me away from their stupid asses" I say and he asked "Do we actually look like we're on a date" and letting go of my hand and putting his own hand in his pockets.
"Fuck their opinions. We're just here as friends or as mentor and mentee" I said.

He nodded and we went to the library and took a table at the back. I hid the alcohol by putting some notebooks in there to hide it so we don't get kicked out.

Shoto looked at me and said "...We can just stay here. You don't have to teach me anything. I already know the topics. I just wanted to buy new books" he said while running to the horror aisle. I chuckle a little at how childish he is sometimes.

I went to him and saw the stack of books he has on a table. "You plan on borrowing that many?" I ask him. He nodded a no and said "I'll buy them" he said taking the books to the counter. He also took a book about physics and one about gravity, laws and one for elements.

I help him with some and carried it towards the librarian. "Can I buy a copy of these?" He asked. The librarian asked "Sure. We stocked up since colleges are in need of newer ones.... also... aren't you 2 from U.A.? You're still in highschool" she asked him.

"I'm advance studying." He said plainly looking at her. She nodded and asked "Do you want the books to be the newly made ones?" She asked. Shoto nodded and said "Yeah sure. I like the smell of the newly made ones" he said.

She chuckled and said "I know. It's kind of addictive. It's practically Euphoria to book worms" she said. "Do you want the hard copies?" She asked. He nodded but she asked "They're more pricy then these regular ones " she added.

"It's fine. Hard copies last longer. And also, if you cover them with plastic cover they can be more durable" he said. "Do you want the plastic wrapper or the adhesive one?" She asked. He nodded and she left to get the newer copies.

"Books have smell?" I ask him. He nodded. "It's like an earthy yet cool smell. Later, I'll show you" he said. I nodded and waited for the woman to come back. Eventually she came back with her little trolley thingy with the stack of new books and a few rolls of self adhesive plastic wrap.

"We have the regular ones and textured ones. There are designs for the textured ones. You can choose what you want" she smiled. He nodded an touched the textured ones.
He took the one with the translucent one with visible rectangles spiraling all over the print.

"I'll have 3 of these" he said pointing at the single rolled textured self adhesive plastic wrap. She nodded and left again to take 2 more of them.
She came back and checked all the books and items. Sho paid and he took the books in his bag and some were in  a paper bag. I took one book and smelled. Shit this feels like heaven.

"This is a lot." I commented. "Yeah.." he said. Comfortable silence filled in as we walked out the mall. "You should head home. It's about to get dark " he said. "Sure.." I said then the comfortable silence was interrupted by a phone call. It was dad again.

"Ughh fine " I say and answer it. "KATSUKI BAKUGOU! I'VE BEEN HERE AT YOUR SCHOOL THE WHOLE DAY. WHERE ARE YOU?! I TOLD YOU EARLIER TO WAIT FOR ME SO I CAN PICK YOU UP. WHERE ARE YOU MISTER?!" He yelled.

"Shut the hell up! I'm at the mall." I yell back. "Why are you there?! And why weren't you answering my calls?!" He asked. "I was tutoring someone. The damn teacher made me do it. And why should I answer your calls?! It's not like you do the same" I yell.

"Fine. You said you were at the mall right? Are you done? Do you want me to pick you up now? " he asked. "Duh" I say and I heard him huff in annoyance. He ended the call after saying "I'll meet you there" then my phone died. "Great... my phone died" i say and look at him.

"Looks like you already have a ride home. I should call my driver"  he said taking his phone.  "And of course.
My phone died as well" he said with more sarcasm. "I'll just have my dad drive you" I said and he looked hesitant. "It's fine! Don't overthink it" i say and he still looks uncertain.

He was like that for a couple of minutes. "Hey todoroki! What the hell are you thinking?" I ask. "...a debate" he said. "What debate?" I ask. He looks at his stuff and said "I'm still debating of I should accept your offer or not" and looked down to think more.

"You shouldn't fucking debate. I won't be taking no for answer" I say and he looked at me like I was weird. "What?" I ask. "Nothing...." he said.
"Tell me! What is it!?" I ask. He was silent so I pulled his arm a bit but he winced. Fuck, i forgot.

"Sorry! Sorry sorry sorry" I say letting go and looking at his arm. "Do you still... you know" I ask.  He nodded and looked away. "You can tell me about your problems you know" i added. He said "Don't worry about it " and a car pulled over at the exit parking lot.

"It's him." I say. Dad came out of the car while looking at his own car being cautious if he locked the door correctly this time. There was a time where he forgot to lock it and almost got car-napped. And since i was there I got to chase down the bad guys. It was fun until they broke one of the windows.

I look at shoto and he was now a few feet away from me. "The fuck? " I ask myself. Dad went over me and clobber my head. "Katsuki! You know how long I was at your school waiting for you?" He started.

"4 hours, why?" I ask already calculated the time. He smiled at me sourly and pinched my cheeks. "You're so getting grounded." He said.
Suddenly a voice interrupted our little argument.

"Could you kindly remove punishments from Katsuki, it was my fault for asking him to be my mentor due to my failure in attending classes" shoto slipped through our argument.

I look at father who was frozen. His mouth was wide open, he let go of his grasp on my cheek and his eyes were wide. Why is he shocked upon seeing Todoroki? I know he's famous and all but he doesn't have to be that surprised at it.

Todoroki didn't saw father because he was bowing down while looking at the floor. "S-shoto?" He asked. Todoroki looked up and his eyes widen as well. They seem to know each other. I look at them, Todoroki then dad. Dad and Todoroki.  Vice versa.

"P-professor Masaru? Your Katsuki's dad?" He asked. Dad then opened his arms and embraced Todoroki like he was his own son. "No fair" I mutter.
Todoroki was still frozen at the embrace.

"It's been years! How are you, my little prodigy?" He asked. Todoroki looked at dad again now with tears brimming on his eyes while stopping himself from letting out any emotion.
He suddenly hug my dad and they looked like a father and son that haven't met each other for years.

"I-I didn't know why you left.... but i assume father let you leave, I'm still learning new things" said Todoroki. "That's good! Why would you need Katsuki as a mentor?" He asked confused. "You're smart, I've taught you everything that can be learned up to senior highschool! Why do you even need someone as a tutor anymore?" Dad asked.

"Wait?! You already... what?! " I asked confused.  "Umm... I actually wanted to take the test now. I just arrived actually here in Japan.  I had this incident in Europe. I stayed there for a few weeks. I missed a lot of quizzes and our teacher wouldn't allow me to take the exams since my excuse was valid and it's in their protocol that I were to be assisted by a classmate." He explained.

"Ah.... that's why you have my son as your 'tutor' " he finger quoted and laughed. "Dad. Here" I say giving him the paper bag. "Don't tell me you're drinking Katsuki" he warned me. "No! It's shoto's. We ate earlier and he said that I should give this to you or something" I said.

He looked at shoto who had the same  paper bag as I did. "Wait, you're the one who's drinking? Haven't I taught you about alcoholism?" He warned.
Shoto looked at Dad and rolled his eyes.

He spoke "Alcoholism is the most serious form of problem drinking, and describes a strong, often uncontrollable, desire to drink. Sufferers of alcoholism will often place drinking above all other obligations, including work and family, and may build up a physical tolerance or experience withdrawal symptoms if they stop." He said and looked at dad.

"I haven't forgot.  Also, alcohol is okay but I only do it within moderation so I'm fine. Plus, it's just wine " he said.
Dad scoffed "Oi, Alcohol kills brain cells". "However, this wine only has Alcohol percentage of 8% ABV. Your argument has no impact if there's no foundation" shoto joked.

"I see you still like debating but you hide it in a joking manner aye? Hmm you won this round but you still have to stop drinking kiddo." He said. I roll my eyes and say "Shut up. Let's go home. Shoto's phone died so he can't call his driver. Let's just drop him off" I say.

Dad nods and led us in the car. I sat on the passenger's seat and sho just sat at the back. "I still can't believe you're older now. ... Katsuki, aren't you older than shoto?" He asked. "Yeah" I said and took my bag and put it on the floor.

"How was life abroad? I only heard it from the maids that you were gonna leave" he asked. I saw shoto frown so I nudge my dad and he looked at me. I nodded a "No" meaning "don't go through that topic " he nodded to me and said "Um, how's your quirk control? Katsuki's been doing good in his?" He asked.

He looked at him and said "It's... okay. I guess" he said with no confidence.
"Okay!?!?!?!" I yell. "What do you mean okay?!" I repeated and grabbed my dad's phone that was charging on the Cellphone holder.

I typed in on Google Shoto's name and it showed him in interviews and about the incident that happened.
I picked the one where the video was broadcasted on the news and shoved the phone in his face. "Geez calm down" he said and grabbing the phone from me.

He watched the clip at least 12 times and looking at Shoto. "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! ARE YOU HURT?  WHAT HAPPENED?" He bombarded him with questions and I held my dad by the arm so he doesn't try and inspect shoto's body.

"I'm fine. That's why I was absent for a few weeks. I needed to recover my body" he said. Dad nodded and asked "You're pretty skillful now arent't you? You managed to learn a new language without me" he said while replaying the clip where he yelled at everybody to leave in french.

"Dad, you know any other languages?" I ask him. He nodded. "Only English, Japanese and Korean though" he said. I scoffed and said "He literally didn't need you" I laugh.
"He already knows like... 8 or 9" I say.
He looks at shoto and he nods.

"Seriously?! What? How?!" He asked. "I had free time" he said quietly. "But... don't you like play with other kids.... you know. Interact with them?" He asked.
"No." He said discreetly.  "You should've spent those time trying to make friends!" Dad exclaimed.

"Why?" He asked again. "Because most kids back then were racist and didn't acknowledge me as an equal. They made me feel like I didn't belong so I left it as it is" he said looking away and holding onto his chest.

. . . . . . . .

Word Count: 5745

I tried not making it too long...

But I failed. 😢😢😢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 2.1K 47
[Please refrain from reading this fic. It's old, and I had no idea what I was doing. You will cringe at my writing. Please do yourself a favor here.]...
1.5K 144 37
"Why do I want to die so much when nothing gives me the right to be anything but happy and content?" Todoroki is unable to tell truth from lie as he...
34K 2.3K 69
[Please spare your eyes the agony of reading this abomination of a story. I wrote this forever ago and had no idea what I was doing.] Empty. Shoto To...
39K 1.8K 37
Beneath the indifference plaguing Todoroki's personality lies the dark, unforgiving truth he conceals. When the abuse that he's suffered for years be...