a bird watcher. [stanley uris]

By abigailuris

ava lewis just moved to derry, maine. she also just happens to live next to stanley uris. this summer, she me... More

author's note.
-the losers-
chapter one. [hello derry]
chapter two. [bullies and school]
chapter three. [the sewers and the kaspbrak house]
chapter four. [the new loser and the pharmacy]
chapter five. [the quarry and the balloon]
chapter six. [the hanscom house]
chapter seven. [the blood in the bathroom and a clown]
chapter eight. [the other new loser and the rock war]
chapter nine. [fears and the fair]
chapter ten. [the projector]
chapter eleven. [neibolt]
chapter twelve. [bev is missing and the bar mitzvah]
chapter thirteen. [defeated and the rescue mission]
thanks.
author's note.

chapter fourteen. [question and an oath]

108 5 2
By abigailuris

it's crazy to think that we defeated it a month ago. it's always going to be imprinted in my mind. it's face will always be there.  always.

i get out of my bed and get dressed.

i put that outfit on and brush my hair. i go downstairs and see my mom making breakfast. she looks up at me.

"sweetie, where did you get all of those scratches and cuts?"

"we were in the woods yesterday. we were just looking around. i ran into thorns and they went pretty deep."

she nods her head. "okay. here. eat some breakfast."

i start to eat. "we're going to the creek today." 

"that sounds nice." she says.

i think about it. after all that we have gone through, it does sound nice. "yeah, mom. it does sound nice."

*time skip to after they eat*

i hear a knock on the front door.

"i'll get it, hun." my mom tells me.

i hear my mom speak.

"oh. hi stanley! are you here to pick ava up? and what the heck happened to your face, sweetheart?" she asks. 

i run to the door. stan is standing there and he has cloth wrapped around his face where the teeth marks were. it's actually quite comical.

"yeah, i am. it's just something that happened last month. right, ava?" he asks.

i nod my head. "we all freaked when it happened."

my mom nods. "okay." she exhales. "you two be careful. stanley, make sure you watch my little girl, okay?"

stan nods his head. "i will, mrs. lewis."

my mom smiles. "okay. run along. don't keep the others waiting."

i pull her into a hug. "bye. see ya later." i walk out of the doorway next to stan.

"bye, honey." she then shuts the door and we get our bikes.

"okay, stan. please please tell me you came up with a better excuse than what you just told her. is that what you told your parents?"

"yep. my parents didn't ask many questions."

i laugh. "wow! i just told my mom that thorns got me."

he nods his head.

*time skip to after they get to the creek*

we finally arrive and we put our bikes down. well, stan sets his up. we start to go to the others and i hold stan's hand.

"there you are. what took you guys so long?" richie asks.

"we were talking to my mom. and rich, please don't say anything because i know that you're going to." i say. everyone but richie laughs. richie puts his hands up.

stan and i join the circle. we are just laughing, having fun, and talking. i decided to ask beverly about what happened when she saw the 'deadlights'. everyone got silent. i put my head on stan's shoulder.

"i can only remember parts. but i thought i was dead. that's what it felt like. i saw us. all of us. back together in the sewers. we were older. like our parents ages." beverly says.

"w-wuh-what were we all doing there?" bill asks.

"i just remember how we felt. how scared we were. i don't think i can ever forget that." beverly says.

bill grabs a piece of glass that was in the grass and stands up. "swear it. s-sw-swear that if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back, we'll come back too." we just stare at each other and then beverly gets up.

the rest of us get up. bill cuts his palm, then richie's, then eddie's, then mike's, then stan's, then mine, then ben's, and finally beverly. bill stands next to her.

bill grabs beverly's hand, so everyone else grabs each other's hands. beverly grabs ben's, ben grabs mine, i grab stan's, stan grabs mike's, mike grab eddie's, eddie grabs richie's, and richie finishes the circle by grabbing bill's other hand.

we look at each other. then we let go of our hands.

"i gotta go." stan says. then he turns to bill. "i hate you." he starts to smile and we all laugh. "i'll see you later. come on, ava."

i follow him. "bye, guys." they say bye to me and stan and we go back to our bikes.

"i think i broke my promise with your mom." stan says.

i laugh. "i think you did." i look down, then back at him. "you're gonna get in trouble." i say, joking.

he nods his head. "i know."

we walk in complete silence. then i decide to break it.

"why did i need to go with you?" i ask.

"i want to ask you a certain question." he says.

i nod. "okay. go ahead."

he stops walking and he holds my hand in his. "ava. we've been best friends ever since you got here to derry. and i really really hope this doesn't do anything to our friendship. but. ava lewis, will you go out with me?"

i smile. "stanley uris, of course i will! why wouldn't i?" i pull him into a hug.

i pull away and i look into his beautiful brown eyes. 'should i do it? what if he doesn't like it? there is only way to know for sure.' i think to myself.

i cup his gorgeous face in my hands (small a/n: here it comes. the part you have been waiting for.) and i pull him in and i kiss his lips. they're soft. this is my first ever kiss. 

i pull away from him. "i'm sorry. i just wanted to."

"no, no! it's okay. i mean. i liked it. a lot."

i smile. "i did too."

he then pulls me back in for another kiss. this one is just as good as the first. suddenly, we hear someone and we pull away quickly.

"oh my goodness! i knew it, i knew it, i knew it!" it's none other than richie tozier. "you guys are dating!"

i roll my eyes. "thanks for letting the whole entire universe to know."

"you're so welcome." he says. he walks and gets his bike and we follow him.

we say goodbye to richie as we get closer to our houses.

eventually, me and stan get there and get off of our bikes.

"so. will i see you tomorrow at six for our date?" stan asks.

i nod my head. "tomorrow at six." i lean up and kiss him on the lips. it's short. but sweet. i go into my house and my mom is sitting at the kitchen island.

"hey, honey." i smile toward her. "what are you so happy about, sweetie?" she asks me.

"the stanley uris just asked me on a date." i say.

she almost falls out of her seat and she stands up. "and? what did you say?"

i laugh. "i said yes!" i run upstairs to my room and jump onto my bed.

after everything that has happened. after the twins went missing. after going into neibolt. after defeating it. after having the best friends of my entire life. i am so happy that we moved here to derry. and that we moved into this house. and that i have the best neighbor and best friend, and now boyfriend, anyone could ever ask for...stanley uris.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: THAT'S IT! the book is over. oh my gosh. thanks for reading. it means so much to me. 

i am crying right now. i can't believe this is over. but, a new story is coming soon :) i just wanna say thank you so so much if you have read this book. i love this book and it's characters so much. ugh. so sad it's over, but also happy that i completed it :))))

last comment thingy :( :)  comment what your favorite chapter of this book was! 

imma go cry some more because it's over. ugh. this was my first ever wattpad story. for the final time, THANK YOU. 

ava, stanley, the twins, and the losers club also thank you ;)

however, i will have one last author's note after this one!!

goodbyeeee!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 43 24
Charlie Adams has been dragged down to the tiny ass town of Derry Main. She's only been there for a year and she's already made a bad impression. Dre...
30.1K 1.3K 13
𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 | ❝I BELIEVE THAT HE HID HIS HEART, ON A PEAK OF THE HIGHEST ...
23K 348 25
You're new in town, you're parents stayed in New York City. So basically you're alone in Derry waiting to make friends. But perhaps you might find lo...
9.7K 296 25
█ 。:* ──── in which the new girl and the infamous town sweetheart kick off the start of a teen-romance. 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄──── this story features mentions of...