Catching Feelings | KOOKV ✔

By adDICKTAEd

Risking everything for love, Taehyung finally allows himself to listen to whom his heart is calling for, no o... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Epilogue

Twenty Four

23.1K 1.2K 678
By adDICKTAEd

Exam days are finally over which gave way to the most awaited semestral break.

Taehyung and the rest of his friends have scheduled a 3-day trip to Jeju Island, all expenses paid by his hotshot friends Jimin and Jin.

"Have you packed your things?" Tessa asked as she cooked breakfast.

"Yes, mom." Taehyung answered, helping out his mother in the kitchen.

"What about Jungkook?" She asked once again.

"We packed everything we need last night, mom. No need to worry." Taehyung assured.

"I'm just making sure that my two babies will enjoy the trip without worrying about forgotten things." Tessa explained, making Taehyung smile.

"Yeah. I know."

His mother has been very welcoming to the fact that Jungkook and him have a relationship more than friends.

She's genuinely happy that her only son has found love, even if it's with another man as well.

There's no prejudice on her part which only made Taehyung respect and love her even more.

He's proud that his mother is someone who understands rather than discriminates.

"Go wake Jungkook, so we could finally have breakfast." Tessa said.

"He's already awake, mom. He'll be here in no time." Taehyung responded as he took some plates and dining utensils to set the table up.

As if on cue, Jungkook arrived, looking so fresh early in the morning.

"Speaking of my handsome young man." Tessa uttered, smiling at the other.

"Good morning." Jungkook greeted as he leaned to kiss Tessa on the cheek.

"Good morning." Tessa responded, patting Jungkook's back.

The ravenette smiled and made his way to Taehyung who's busy setting up the table.

He stood behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist, slowly turning him around to face him.

"Morning, babe." He whispered, kissing Taehyung on the lips that made the latter blush.

His eyes were wide, not expecting Jungkook's display of affection in front of his now grinning mother.

"I told you not in front of mom." He nudged Jungkook on his side, eyes wide to warn him.

"Oh don't mind me. Go ahead and make out. I won't mind." Tessa giggled, making Taehyung blush even more.

"Mom!" He groaned, not really sure if he should regret having a very supportive mother or not.

The laughter of his mother and his lover resonated in the dining area.

And Taehyung thinks it's the most heartwarming sound to hear early in the morning.

The sound of laughter of the people who matter the most to him.

----------

"I'm the queen of the world!" Jin shouted as they stood at the edge of Mt. Hallasan, one of the most popular destinations in Jeju Island.

"Yeah, and I am the world." Namjoon responded, circling his arms around Jin's waist.

"Damn. I'm hating this trip already." Hoseok moped as he glared at the couple who are all over each other.

He turned to look the other way but immediately regretted his decision when he saw Jimin and Yoongi being lovey-dovey as well.

"Maybe I should just close my eyes and pray for everyone to choke on air." Hoseok mumbled to himself as he closed his eyes and pray.

First day of their trip and they already went mountain hiking. All the sweat and calories they burned even before the sun rises were all worth it, though.

Looking at the scenery that awaited them immediately washed away the tiredness in their body.

The whole island and its mesmerizing beauty could be seen from where they're standing.

Their eyes were surely blessed by the wonders of nature in front of them.

Taehyung's attention was caught by the shutter sound of the camera. He turned to look and saw Jungkook taking pictures of him.

"You should be taking pictures of the beautiful scenery. Not me." Taehyung uttered, smiling shyly at the ravenette.

"That's what I'm doing." Jungkook answered, taking more pictures of him.

Taehyung doesn't know if he'll laugh or shy away due to Jungkook's sweet antics.

"Stop already." He laughed, trying to get the camera from Jungkook.

"Let me take a picture of you too." He tried to convince the ravenette but to no avail.

"Let's take a picture together instead." Jungkook suggested.

He turned to look around and call for Hoseok.

"Hobi! Take a picture of the two of us." Jungkook called out.

The face of Hoseok that welcomed them made them giggle.

He looked so done.

"I have foreseen this scenario last night. Can't believe you're all really making me the photographer." Hoseok pouted, earning a laugh from them once more.

"Thank you. You're the best." Jungkook uttered with a wide smile on his lips.

"Whatever." Hoseok took the camera and pointed at the spot he deemed perfect.

"Go stand there." He instructed to which the two obliged.

"If you start doing cringey as fuck poses, I won't hesitate to drop this camera and let it drown in the ocean." Hoseok warned which busted a laugh from the two.

"We won't. Don't worry." Jungkook said as he pulled Taehyung closer to him.

"Okay. At the count of three." Hoseok guided.

Taehyung was smiling as he felt Jungkook's arm on his back, pulling him closer even more.

"1..2..."

"Tae.." Jungkook whispered which had Taehyung glancing his way.

"Huh-" Taehyung wasn't able to speak when he felt Jungkook's lips on his own, taking him off guard.

"..3."

The shutter sound of the camera was overshadowed by the sound of an erratic heartbeat, maybe Taehyung's own or Jungkook's.

"Fuck my life." Hoseok uttered, witnessing a scene that only made him feel so single as fuck.

The first day of the trip ended with Hoseok's sulking and his regret to join the trip as the 7th wheel.

The next day, everyone was excited to go over every tourist attraction included in their Jeju tour.

They caught some vitamin sea by dipping in the beach while enjoying different underwater activities.

There were also some outdoor activities included in their tour. Taehyung enjoyed horseback riding the most, though.

All the while, Jungkook held his camera and took shots of Taehyung, his best view.

For the last day, everyone chose to do different things.

Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok decided to go around the museums and even try fishing while Namjoon and Jin chose to try the popular cuisines offered by different restaurants scattered in the island.

This left Taehyung and Jungkook with nothing to do.

"Should we try kayaking?" Taehyung asked as he looked at the brochure. He's been looking for something to do for a while now.

"Do you want to?" Jungkook snuggled closer to Taehyung to see the brochure.

"Not really.." Taehyung said, uncertain.

"Hmm.. Why don't we go here?" Jungkook pointed a cliff known as Jusangjeolli.

Taehyung reads the information, nodding his head as he was finally convinced.

"Okay." He smiled at the ravenette who's also mirroring the smile on his face.

"Let’s go there later. For now, let me cuddle you." Jungkook said, caging Taehyung in his arms.

True to their words, the lovers travelled together to go to the said cliff. When they arrived, the sun is already setting down.

"Let's go, Tae." there's an urgency in Jungkook's voice as he grabbed his hand and led him to the cliff.

The sky was painted with yellow and streaks of orange hue as the sun begins to set in the line where the sky meets the sea.

"Wow!" Taehyung breathed, amazed by the fascinating transition of the colors in the sky.

It was too vivid.

The way the sky was slowly consumed by the approaching darkness of the night time as the sun finally went out of sight.

"This is... amazing." He was lost in the beauty in front of him when he heard Jungkook's voice overshadowing the echoing sound of waves.

"Taehyung.."

He responded to the call of his name and turned around only to hold his breath at the sight.

"W-what.." He covered his mouth in shock as his tears threatened to fall down his unbelieving eyes.

In front of him is Jungkook, holding a small box with a simple yet elegant ring in it.

"J-jungkook.. you-" Taehyung was out of words as the ravenette walked closer to him.

"I've been keeping this ring for a while now, waiting for the right moment like this." Jungkook stopped, eyes glued on Taehyung's own.

"Every single day, I held myself back not to give this to you because I want this moment to be perfect and right." He continued, now standing only a meter away from Taehyung.

"It was hard because I realized that it's you who makes the moment perfect and right, Taehyung." Jungkook closed the gap as he stared at nothing but those hazel eyes.

"Be my always." He uttered, voice full of nothing but love.

Taehyung was a crying mess, nodding his head in response. He saw the ravenette's mesmerizing smile as he slowly took Taehyung's hand and glided the ring on his finger.

"I love you, Kim Taehyung." He declared, pulling him closer in a tight embrace.

Taehyung could not help but cry on his shoulder, clinging tight like a koala.

"You mean going to this cliff is already part of your plan?" Taehyung asked in between sobs that had Jungkook smiling.

"Was I too obvious? I tried to make it look like unplanned, though." Jungkook scratched the back of his head, feeling like a shy boy.

"I wanted to surprise you." He added, staring sincerely at the beauty in front of him.

The gushing wind made Taehyung's hair dance. The bursting colors of the setting sun as his background had him looking like a part of the breathtaking scenery.

His tears glistened like pearls, slowly falling down his eyes.

"And you did. I had no idea..." Taehyung trailed off, sobbing like crazy.

He buried his head on the ravenette's chest as tears of joy continued to flow down.

"Someday... I'll ask for your hand again. I'll show the world that you're mine and only mine." Jungkook muttered, embracing him tighter.

Everything felt surreal with Jungkook's warm embrace as he looked directly in his eyes as if he's the most beautiful man in the world.

Most precious.... most loved.

"Jungkookie.." Taehyung sobbed, feeling his heart bursting in indescribable joy as he looked at the ring on his finger.

A ring that held a lot of promises that he will surely fulfill with this man whose eyes show nothing but love and assurance.

Assurance that even in the future, his love will only get stronger despite the struggles that they might encounter.

Taehyung knew choosing to be with Jungkook won't be a path full of blossoming flowers. There will be problems, but he's willing to walk a path of thorns as long as he's with Jungkook.

"Mine." Jungkook whispered, placing a soft kiss where the ring lies on his finger.

He could feel the sincerity in every word and gesture of the ravenette which only made Taehyung cry even more. He cupped Jungkook's face as he smiled tenderly.

Slowly leaning forward, Taehyung claimed Jungkook's lips in a passionate kiss.

"Always."

--------

Love you 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 30K 56
Taehyung and Jungkook had been in a relationship for the past 8 year. There's nothing that they love more than each other. But the rest of the world...
368K 17.3K 53
Taehyung and Jungkook are childhood bestfriends. They love to hang out with each other. Night outs, parties , sleep over they are never alone. Taehy...
780K 38.5K 55
Jungkook is innocent and Taehyung is experienced. Jungkook is pure and Taehyung is complicated. Jungkook is kind and Taehyung is merciless. Jungkook...
617K 15.3K 29
Jeon Jungkook just an ordinary college student is secretly in love with one of his best friends Kim Taehyung who is popular and everybody are in lo...