The Mute Mrs. Billionaire

By denive26

Second book in Billionaire Series #TheMuteMrs.Billionaire Emma Campbell the only heir of Campbell &Co. An acc... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
EPILOGUE
Author's Note

CHAPTER 24

39.5K 1.2K 44
By denive26

Emma's POV:

When I woke up I was alone in the bed which made me feel half disappointed and half relief at the same time.

At the same time I heard a door open and saw Asher coming out of the bathroom in just a towel.

The previous night's events made their way to the front of my mind making me flustered and I went inside the covers to pretend I was sleeping so he would ignore me.

"Emma!" I heard Asher's voice but ignored it acting I was still asleep.

"I know you are up so just come out of the covers" I heard his voice again and I ignored it again.

"Emma" I heard his voice now a bit closer than before but still ignored it.

Suddenly I felt the covers being pulled but luckily I was quick enough to grab them and cover myself.

Slowly when I looked up, I saw Asher standing there smirking still in his damn towel.

I immediately turned my gaze to the other side trying to ignore him.

I got up and was about to go to the bathroom when I felt Asher holding me from back and resting his head on my neck.

"Don't ignore me Emma. If you regret what happened last night I am.." Asher said when I turned around and pecked his lips.

I gave a negative nod and "I don't regret it. I was just feeling shy" I gestured him blushing.

I heard him laugh making me blush more than I already was.

He came forward and hug me while we stood there for a while in each other's embrace.

"I think you should go and get ready if not we will not be able to leave this room for the whole day" I heard Asher say and immediately I let go of him understanding what he was implying.

I dashed off to the bathroom and did my morning business still flustered.

After my shower I realised I still didn't have any clothes to change in and slowly exited the bathroom in the bathrobe.

When I came outside I saw a bag of clothes on the bed with a note.

For you –A.K

I saw a pair of jeans and t-shirt with a grey coat and changed into them.

I went down to see Asher going through his phone in the dining area.

I went and sat on his right when Lily came along with other maids and started serving our breakfast.

The breakfast went by silently with no one talking with our own thoughts in our minds.

After that we were on our way to Asher's parents place and the drive was as silent as the breakfast before.

When we reached there I went to Asher's side and held his hand giving it a reassuring squeeze. He returned it with a smile and squeezed back.

"Mr. King" the maid greeted opening the door letting us inside.

This is the first time I came here and the house looked as extravagant as every King's mansion I have seen so far.

When we were in the living room Asher's mom greeted us coming to us half way.

"Asher! Emma!" she came and hugged us both.

The same time Asher's dad came out of his office and greeted us.

We got settled down and had few exchanges when Asher divided to come to the main point.

"Dad there is something we wanted to ask you about" Asher said to which Dad nodded him to continue.

"Yesterday we got an envelope with a note and I don't even know what that means" Asher said getting up and went towards where Dad is sitting to give him the note we received yesterday.

Seeing the note Dad's face became paled and immediately Mom went beside him to see the note and immediately she started crying.

Seeing that I went to her and hugged her giving her some comfort.

When I looked up to see Asher's reaction it broke my heart seeing him looked confused as well as betrayed.

After mom calmed down, I and Asher went back to the couch where we were sitting a while ago.

"So is it true?" Asher asked looking down with a hoarse voice.

Dad nodded as a reply but no one didn't talk anything for a while letting it sink in.

"So..." Asher started but stopped and after sometime added "Why don't I know anything about him?"

Dad was silent for some time while mom was crying slowly beside him holding his hand.

"He died when you were still young" Dad replied in a low voice.

"But why didn't you tell me about him? I have a right to know" Asher shouted at the end.

I held his hand and squeezed it letting him know its okay when he calmed down.

"I want to know why didn't you tell me about him" Asher said in a slow voice this time.

"Asher.." Dad started but stopped immediately.

"You loved your brother so much to an extent where after he died you wouldn't leave his room or talk to anyone. Not even your mom" dad added.

"At first you would just sit and cry not letting anyone in but one day we found you unconscious in his room" I can see he is controlling his tone not let us know how distraught he himself was.

"When we took you to the hospital after giving you fluids you regained your conscious. When you got up we hoped everything will be fine but when we got back home you wouldn't talk or eat again"

"This time you passed out and doctors gave up hope but it was a miracle for us when you regained your conscious but you didn't remember anything about your brother. So the doctors suggested it is the way you are dealing with your pain by trying to forget him. We didn't want you to forget him but we didn't wanted to lose you either" now we could clearly hear his throat clench and I saw mom crying showing her pain.

"We thought if you stayed in New York we will lose you that is why we shifted to California leaving everything in NY"

"At first we were afraid of sending you to NY after years but eventually you forgot everything about him which we thought was the best thing for you and not remind you" dad said looking at Asher this time with a small smile.

"So you removed everything about him the world knows for me?" Asher asked with tears in his eyes.

"Yes. Don't feel bad about it Asher, your brother would want things to happen like this than losing you" dad replied.

Asher started crying this time not holding his tears anymore when I moved close to him and held him.

He turned around and I could see how much pain he is going through by this information.

"I want to know everything about him" Ashe said still holding me to him.

Dad nodded and asked us to follow him.

"Where are we going?" Asher asked not moving from where we are.

"I would like to show you something first" Dad said to which Asher nodded and we followed him who is going up the stairs.

We were in a corridor which looked so dimly lit when I turned to see Asher if he knows where we were going.

Looking at him I think he has an idea where exactly are we going.

We stopped in front of a door when Asher stopped. Seeing that dad turned around to see why he stopped.

"You never allow anyone here" Asher said looking at dad to which he nodded.

"This is your brother's room. It's where we kept everything that has his memories" mom said from behind us.

We just nodded and went inside the room.

The room is mostly furnished with white cloth covering everything. There were few games and a baseball bat in the corner.

When we went some more inside there was a huge portrait of a family photo.

I went there to see clearly and stood in front of it when I saw a pair of eyes.

The boy in the picture reminded me of someone as if I have seen him directly at that age. The ocean blue eyes of the small boy and his face is of the boy from my nightmares.

I started to recognized who that boy was and why all along I felt I know him.

Suddenly my head started aching and I started feeling dizzy. I tried so hard to keep myself steady but the black dots started appearing and everything felt black with one name in my mind.

Asher King

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Please do comment and vote

Lots of Love <3<3 :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

843K 26.5K 48
Meet ASHER KING CEO of the king Empire who owns businesses all around the world. Asher was born with the golden spoon. He is arrogant, cold, ruthless...
14.5K 475 24
Ryan Woods.... "I will crush your heart the way you ruined my life. Stay away from me!", and I lashed out at her. Lizzy Knight.... "I will tear you...
16.2K 462 40
Tate Pierce, daughter to a mother who passed and a father who remarried. Tate is stubborn, friendly and a working woman in business. Tate receiving h...
471K 18.6K 62
When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew nothing about one another, except they bo...