The boy in the garden

By chocolatechocobean20

" Stay". " pardon me". I said. Not in that rude English manner but out of surprise. " just f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Original chapter 6
Chapter 9
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 13
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22 two

Chapter 3

97 22 16
By chocolatechocobean20

" you've never seen a sunset before ?" he asks.

" No, I have but this one is so beautiful". I say

" I've seen more beautiful things " he says

I see that he's turned his head to face me but I'm still in love with the sunset so I don't turn. I stay like that until he breaks my line of thought.

" A rose, for my rose" he says.

Picking a flower and handing it to me.

" ow" he says. Holding his finger closely to his chest. 

As I see the droplets of blood fall to the ground. I see a cut  made from a thorn. It hurt me that he hurt his finger just to get me a flower.

" wait right here " I say and take of my school white shirt and cut a piece of it. A piece of the sleeve and wrap it round his finger.

" thank you " he says

" but I'm a big boy. I can handle a thorn" . He says

" we wouldn't want it to get infected now do we?" I say.

He looks at me slowly. His lips falling from his smile and I'm scared of his gaze. A cold one that makes me shiver and I feel it from my spine. He smiles again, a warm friendly smile and just for a second I forget he just hurt his finger .

I open the basket  to see cute neat triangle sandwiches and and assortment of jams.

" this is really sweet". I say.

He just smiles and eats his sandwich.

After lunch he finally speaks.

" it's not unusual is it ?"   

" what is?" I say.

" you don't find it unusual?" he asks. 

Thinking now he's slowly changed his mind about me. I begin to panic and look anywhere else but his face. 

" I don't think I follow" I say.

" well I'm always alone and I don't go to school or I don't have parents. Haven't you ever wandered ?" He asks.

" No, I haven't " I say.

Realizing that as a matter of fact I did a bit, but later decided to forget about it. I didn't put much thought into it and I didn't care. It was the boy that I found interesting. He in-fact makes me smile and I enjoyed that they weren't any adults to supervise us. I didn't need adults around. Plus it makes us feel like we were adults. It made him seem older and dignified. I enjoyed it.
I continued to break the silence. 

" did you want to tell me " I say.

" no, I just wondered if you ever thought about it" he says.

" no I haven't " I repeat.

" ok, then". He says as he starts to get up.

  " It's getting late you better be on your way before your mother kills us both " . He says as he gives his hand to me so I can try and  get up.

" For now, I doubt she cares". I say. Getting up and dusting myself.

" then you can stay a little " he says.

Looking like a small boy who's been given an extra cupcake by his mother. His eyes shined and I couldn't say no.

" for today, I can stay as long like as you like " . I say

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630 108 16
Prompt: "Fairytales are real" and there couldn't be anything worse." "Hi, my name is Rue, and my fairytale is worse than Cinderella's and Snow White'...
11.4K 2K 43
"I lied, I am not a vampire... I am something else." Rose, a young girl enters the mysterious town of Scarenville in hopes of escaping her past. Litt...
1.1K 273 34
Thirteen-year-old Ginna's only connection to her long-dead mother is the dogwood in her backyard. The tree radiates a warm sort of buzz which might p...
1.3K 209 48
This story begins in the year 2001, although maybe it started twenty six years before that when Alice was born. Or even before that when her parents...