• the dragon of the court • |...

By giubrick

Isabelle Aizawa, third year student in Shumizen Academy, captain of the most known girl's volleyball team in... More

0.0
0.1
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
Author's Note!

4.

2.9K 69 13
By giubrick

Juzen High-School
15th May, fifteen day before Interhigh-Preliminaries

Another month is passed and our only goal is positioning ourselves in the top four in the June's Interhigh. That's why we're training very hard doing morning practice, after lunch practice and evening practice.

But today is different. My mom contacted the Juzen's Team and she organized a friendly match in their gym in Miyagi. The second and the third year exploded in joy when she had announced the news, because we know very well the Juzen's girls. We play against each other for almost three years and we're now more friends than rivals. That's why I want to kick their asses even this year winning my last Tournament.

Anyway we left in the night to be in Miyagi in the morning and now I can already see the hill outside the window. The girls are all sleeping and even Akira is passed out.

Akira-kun, I'm very glad you stayed, I think looking at the boy. After the brutal first encounter with the team the things settled up pretty quickly.

At the beginning he doesn't really known volleyball's rules but Risa explained they to him and also the girls have given all the help they could give. He learned pretty fast so after just one week he was already noting our mistakes or highlights and report it to the coach and Risa. Everyone loves Akira, we caouldn't ask for someone better.

«Wake your ass up!» my mom shouts, clapping her hands «We are here!»

And with that all the girls tilt in their seat, exited to see our friends. While the driver is parking outside the Juzen High-School I see the stupid green track suit of the girls who are waiting us, smiling.

«MIMI-CHAN, HIII! YOU LOOK STUNNING AS ALWAYS» Ana knock on the window, waving at the Juzen's setter, Mizuno Miriko, better known as Mimi-chan. The setter make a heart with her hands and sends some kisses at Ana.

We all laugh, gaining some confused looks from the first years.

«They're our friends. We've played together for three years and now we're more close than anyone could imagined» I speak «Be ready for the reunion of the century»

When the bus stops, the third and the second year, start going towards the door. Risa is with us too, ready to hug again the Juzen's manager.

«Girls, be quite plea...» my mom can finish the sentence. Once the doors starts to opening we rush outside.

Our friends laugh and run to us with open arms. Koko Mori, the beautiful and tall Juzen's captain, crash on me, making both fall. Looking around me I see that we are not the only one on the ground.

«You're fatter than the last time, aren't you?» is the first thing that escape from her mouth. I put a hand on my chest, pretend to be offended.

«Eh?! How dare you, you giraffe!» and then we both laugh again and start to stand up. I go to hug the other girls and introduce myself to the newbie. Even the other team do the same with our little ones.

«This year we're going to stop you and win our last Tournament!» Rei Yoshino, the talented Juzen's libero says to Mina. On the other hands she start laughing maniacally.

«Low your hopes, Juszen's girls! We are going to be the winners!» Mina turns and look at the team «Right?»

«YEAH!» the girls answer all together. Me and Koko exchange a look: lightning bolts passes towards our eyes. We know that it's time to start our match.

«Let's go change and start this!»

After we enter in the gym, Akira give to us the green jersey with our number on it and we put it on our clothes.

«Are you alright, Akira-kun?» I ask him. He stops setting up our water bottles and look at time.

«Y-yes, Isabelle! I'm just really exciting to see you play a real match!» I pat his back and start going to the court.

«You better be! Now we can demonstrate you what we can do!»

The girls are behind me so I slightly turn my head «Unleash hell» and with that everyone run to their position.

Me and Koko shake hands like we're in an official match and we flip a coin to see who's going to serve first and who's going to receive.

I choose tails. But the coin fall on heads. Koko smirks.

«We will serve»

I knew it, they want to stop my jump serve from the start. I nod.

«And we will receive»

My mom whistle and the game starts. We are ready.

Koko powerful serve aim at me. Bitch. I take a little split step and receive the ball, sending it directly to Ana.

She put herself in the position and toss to our Ishikawa, who jumps and do a perfect parallel spike, gaining us the first point. I run to her and give her an high-five. My eyes lock with Koko's. When the net is between us there's no friendship who can hold us back from winning.

We're gonna take you down.

Koko smiles. No, we will.

Eight set after we win five and they win the other three. We barely take a break to drink something and now we're on the last raw of our ninth set.

«Nice serve, captain!» Moto congratulating me after my ace. I smile, ready to gain us another point.

This set is going to far, I look at board who says 28 at 27 for us. Better end this now.

«One more point, girls!» Risa encouraging us. I take a deep breath and do another jump serve, this time using a little more strong. My hands are sweating and I know that the ball is not going where I want.

«Sorry, it's sucks» I return in formation, ready for an attack.

«Yeah, it was shitty» Mina says, trying to save a powerful spike. Unfortunately the ball hits her arm and starts flying behind us. With the last forces I have in my body I start running towards it.

I can't reach it with my hands, I think while the ball is falling right in front of my eyes. Then an idea popped into my mind.

I slide on the floor and kick the ball towards someone of my girls.

«Nice damn receive!»

I turn and I see Ana ready to toss it and then...she do a feint. The ball drop on the opposite court making a lovely sound. Victory, again.

We collapse on the floor and the other team do the same.

«That's sooo unfair» Mimi-chan starts lamenting «You're so good and that foot receive? What was that? Isabelle, you're really a dragon

Akira appears on my line of sight with towels and water bottles in each hands «That was absolutely incredible! Can we do that again?» he asks, helping us getting up.

Ana laugh «Like hell! I'm too tired today but when National comes we will do that again!»

Drying my sweat I call Koko «Hey, meat buns? Our treat!»

The Juzen's girls happily jump in joy. We already forgot the who's winner and the who's the loser, out of the court we're just us and that the most beautiful thing ever.

«Go change or you gonna catch a cold!» coach Kimi says. And with that we drag our tired body to the changing room.

«Here we are, saying goodbye again» Koko don't look me in the eyes. We are right in front of our bus, ready to return in Tokyo. Whenever this time arrives it always seem our last match together. Usually I would laugh at the sad expression on both teams eyes but now it's different. This is our last year in high-school and from the next april two new teams will be formed and that means that our path will devide very soon.

I know what she's thinking: if one of us don't pass the preliminary it's over.

«We will play together again»

And with my words she rise her head with a new look, determination.

«I know»

We form a circle and hug each other, make us seem just one big team. One last scream and we're ready to leave our friends.

I can't stop myself and I look behind before entering the bus. Koko and the girls are walking outside the school building in an awkward silence.

«Stop looking dead, we will play again, it's a promise!»

No one turn their heads but I'm sure they hear me. I can feel that this is not the last time we face up each other.

«C'mon captain, we need to leave!»

I notice that half of the girls are already knock out and the other is trying to don't fall asleep. I smile and run to the seat beside Ana, who put her head on my shoulder in the exact moment I sit down.

For the first time in the entire day I decided to check my phone. Three text.

«Belle-chan! I passed the Japanese Literature's test! Thank you soooo much! Tomorrow I will take you out, consider that a date! You're the best!» the first is from Bokuto. I smile reading it and I simply text back a funny gif that he will appreciate.

«Oya my dear Isabelle, your handsome friend is here to announce that the Tokyo Summer Training Camp organized by four (plus one) of the best high-school volleyball team wants the Golden Girls with us this year. I already told Bokuto but I guess he forgot to warn you, so send me a reply as soon as possible! We should really go on a date, we will form an amazing couple! Just joking, don't kill me please! Love, Kuroo» this is an interesting news.

«You really are a jerk. We're in for the Training Camp, see you soon!» I don't need to consult the girls, we share the same brain cells when volleyball is the topic.

The last one is the most funniest.

«Hi, Aizawa-san! Sorry for the sudden text but I have the feeling that Bokuto-san has forgot to tell you about the Tokyo Summer Camp that Shinzen High-School is preparing. We would love to have you and the other Golden Girls with us. You can give a response to me or Kuroo-san. Have a nice day, Akaashi»

Oh, Akaashi, I can hear your tired tone from here, I think laughing.

«Of course he forgot! I already spoke to Kuroo! See you there!»

After this I open the group chat called "Golden Girls" and copy the text Kuroo sends me. Obviously I erased the embarrassing parts.

The reply are quick.

«YES BABY, SEE YOU THERE» Toraki's team from Tokyo.

«Of course we'll come, I miss you!» Ameban's team from Okazaki.

«You can say that this morning, Belle! Always so forgetful! Anyway we're in!» Koko reply, make a vein on my forehead pop. You big giraffe.

After this little conversation I turn down my phone and put my head above Ana's.

Now I can rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776 119 5
සර්ව සම්පුර්ණ මිනිස්සු මේ ලෝකේ ඇත්තටම නැද්ද? ඒත් යීබෝගේ ගාගා නම් හරිම සර්ව සම්පුර්ණයයිනේ. හරියට නිකන් පිස්සු fanfiction එකක එන මනක්කල්පිත චරිතයක් වගේ...
37K 972 28
After a bitter break up, Saki Mori finds herself pregnant with the Kageyama's baby. Everything after that went south so she just never told him. A ye...
5.8K 140 7
You going to move into new team in BSAA. To meet him. Your new captain, will you survive the raid of b.o.w attack? Chris Redfield x reader. This st...
92.5K 3.4K 48
There is an old folklore about the Children of the Forest. They were mortal spirits who were the First Benders with the ability to travel freely to t...