EUPHORIA-charlie dalton

By netpunezz

"euphoria, it's the feeling of intense excitement and happiness.." said the girl. "okay, and?" the boy quest... More

C A S T + P S A
.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24.
.25.
.26.
.27.
.28.
.29.
.30.
TYSM FOR 10K

.10.

3.8K 129 32
By netpunezz

"keatings class was pretty cool today." olivia said as she walked with todd back to the dormitory area.

"well, cool if you consider nearly falling off a desk" todd said, shaking his head as he looked slightly down at the girl who had a smile playing upon her face.

"the desk is like, two feet up, the least you could have done is broken a nail." she told him with a chuckle. it was true, honestly what damage could it have done the boy?

"eh, yeah, i guess. anyways this is-this is my stop." he said, tilting his head for a moment as they reached he and neils room.

"right, yeah, i'll see you around, todd." she said with her normal salute and he smiled, giving one back before walking inside the room.

-

olivia sat sitting on the small sill of her window after she got changed into a more comfortable outfit once school was finished. she opened up the window, letting a gentle breeze inside her room.

she glanced outside seeing a large group of students rowing in the lake outside and she could hear meeks and pitts up on the roof trying to get their radio to work.

the zifemale smiled softly, shaking her head as she looked down at the book in her lap, occasionally looking outside.

she let out a scream, grabbing onto the ledge of the window sill she sat on as he door swung open only to reveal an overly excited neil. "i finally know where i'm going in my life, olivia! i'm going to act!" he exclaimed.

"act? act for what?" she asked the boy as she got up.

"yeah! there's a play for a midsummer night's dream and im gonna audition." neil said excitedly and olivia smiled, hugging the boy.

"neil, this is astonishing! puck, you need to audition for puck. you'd be amazing for him!" she exclaimed with a bright smile, happy for the boy who hugged her back.

"there's even open auditions! oh god i'm so excited! my fathers totally not going to approve of this but like, it's acting! this has always been a dream mine. i tried going to summer stock auditions last year but my father said no. but now i'm gonna do it without two shits of what my father thinks." he said with a laugh, laying down on his back on olivias bed, looking up at the paper in his hand.

"i may not know your father but won't he have a fit? i mean i-i wouldn't if my mother said no to something." olivia said. she was excited for him, that was evident but she was also concerned for neil incase his father were to do or say something.

"i call bull on that statement. i know you, you'd do it. but this is the first time i can be free, liv." neil said as he sat up, pacing around the room.

"i know, i know. i'm excited for you, neil, i am but... what if your father finds out?" she questioned.

"well.... i mean... he'll find out. but that's besides the point. this is gonna help me figure out, well, me!" he exclaimed with big smile.

"yeah, you're right." she said with a nod as she agreed with the boy.

"anyways, we got a meeting this afternoon, you coming?" questioned the boy as he stood up.

"yeah, yeah, i'll be there. is todd coming?" olivia asked as she sat back down on the window sill.

"yeah, i mean.... i hope. i kinda had to talk him into coming." neil sighed.

"ah, yeah. he's a very quiet boy. just try not
to force him into these things okay? if he wants to come, he'll come. i know he doesn't want to speak, but he will, just let him open up to the idea." the girl informed neil and he nodded.

"yeah, i know. i just think that if he's gonna be at the meetings he's gotta talk. keating said everyone talked, hes the only one who hasn't." he said, shaking his head.

"he'll open up to it." she reassured.

"alright, keep your word, terriancie." he laughed. "i'll see ya later." neil said before exiting olivias room, closing the door behind her.

-
the next day, mr keating had the class be outside. no one necessarily knew what for. papers with words were being passed around and they were told to say them as boldly as possible and kick the ball.

"you know what to do, pitts." mr keating spoke as he nodded.

"oh to struggle against great odds. to meet enemies undaunted." pitts said what was written upon his piece of paper.

"sounds to me like you're daunted. say it again like you're undaunted!" mr keating exclaimed.

"oh to struggle against great odds. to meet enemies undaunted." pitts said, but stronger, giving the soccer ball a good kick.

students continued saying what was on their slips of paper, kicking the soccer balls into the net.

olivia stood behind charlie and stood on her tip toes to place her chin on his shoulder. "sooo, what did you get?" she asked.

"you'll see, dork." charlie said with a grin, hiding the paper from her.

"boo." she said shaking her head, standing flat on her feet as she moved her chin off his shoulder.

mr keating walked away and started up a record player. the music began playing on the phonograph. meeks stepped up to
read next but was confused by the music.

"come on, meeks! listen to the music."
mr keating encouraged as he walked back.

"to dance, clap hands, exalt, shout, skip, roll on, float on." meeks said proudly, kicking the ball earning an enthusiastic 'yes' from mr keating.

"oh, to have life henceforth the poem of new joys." hopkins spoke effortless, crumpled up his paper and then barely even kicked the soccer ball with his foot.

mr keating put a look of disgust on his face. "oh! boo! come on, charlie, let it fill your soul!"

charlie nodded as he raised his hands over his head. "to indeed be a god!" he exclaimed, kicking the ball before walking off to the side.

"very well!" exclaimed mr keating. "come on, olivia! make the meaning told."

"i am in earnest -- i will not equivocate -- i will not excuse -- i will not retreat a single inch -- and i will be heard!" exclaimed the female before kicking the ball and it went flying.

"atta girl! next!" he exclaimed and the girl walked off proudly with a smile on her face.

"wow, look at you go. you can kick a ball." charlie joked around.

"oh shut it you fool." olivia laughed, rolling her eyes.

once everyone was done, mr keating called for them to all huddle up in the center of the field. "see, each one of those papers included something that maybe you connected with. maybe something your subconscious knows but you don't. but the thing is that some of you took it seriously while others.. not so much." he said looking over at hopkins and some in the group laughed.

"alright now get outta here! don't forget about that poetry assignment!" the teacher exclaimed as everyone began to walk off.

~~
A/N:
1210 words!

i totally didn't put a reference to a movie maia mitchell was in for this chapter. pfft. what? totally not.

also yes i updated early bc why not :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.2K 1.6K 23
เณƒโ€โžท ๐•พ๐–†๐–‘๐–™๐–‡๐–š๐–—๐–“ .เณƒเฟ๏ฟผ ๐…๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐— ๐‚๐€๐“๐“๐Ž๐ ๐ฑ ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐Ž๐‚ ๐–ค“ ๐–ค“ ๐–ค“ โ› โ› ๐€๐ƒ๐Ž๐‘๐๐„๐ƒ in golden feathered wings, ๐…๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐— ๐‚๐€๐“๏ฟฝ...
344 0 9
Hey y'all ๐Ÿงโ€โ™‚๏ธ this is my first published story so. Please don't bully me. Uh so ig this is a first girl at Welton type thing?? Maybe a Charlie Dalt...
30.1K 577 35
This story is inspired and depicted from the movie 'Dead Poets Society' (1989). Welton Academy is proceeding with a 'Co-ed' trial for their school. O...
6.1K 305 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...