dystopian high school

By kylieonry

Perfection is key, sacrifice is worth More

Preface
rule 2: all in lowercase
rule 3: order
rule four. only fullstops
Rule 6: Art is Waste

Rule 1: Your story is who you decided to be

13 2 4
By kylieonry

I looked at the rule book. Maybe this would help. I tried opening the cover but to no avail. It doesn't seem to open. Just as I was to give up, something shimmery caught my eyes.  On the cover of the rule book wrote "Your story is who you decided to be" in a small, barely visible typewriter font.

Who I decided to be? An author? That would be so cool! I can write millions of fantasy, of sci-fi and works of the next Roald Dahl! I really can't wait to read my story! 

Without further ado, I opened up the thick booklet that that over-nutritioned guy gave me. Large, glaring words in bold print stared straight into my eyes. "The story of Irresponsibility". 

What?! I'm not irresponsible! The teacher was just unreasonable! Plus, I was just trying to do it up with quality, unlike the rest of the class who scribbled 698 pages away and I finished 699 pages! Can't she just let me off with one page?

It just goes to show how unforgiving this world is.

I was so pissed I decided not to read on. It was later in the day when I found out not reading my story was part of my irresponsibility. But-

Man, I'm already hating this. I read up tomorrow's story and found out that I would have to go to Dystopian High School without wearing the school uniform, bringing my stationeries, and notebooks. How irresponsible of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

846K 23.1K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...