The Runaway Princess [Link x...

By BoyohboyDX

[y/n] Hyrule, the second princess of hyrule, who has always been second right after her sister Zelda. She nev... More

[Prologue]
[Chapter I]
[Chapter II]
[Chapter III]
[Chapter IV]
[Chapter V]
[Chapter VI]
[Chapter VII]
[Chapter VIII]
[Chapter IX]
[Chapter X]
[Chapter XI]
[Chapter XIII]
[Chapter XIV]
[Chapter XV]
[Chapter XVI]
[Chapter XVII]
[Chapter XVIII]

[Chapter XII]

2K 50 3
By BoyohboyDX

You were headed to collect another bounty on your list. The criminal was hiding out somewhere in Kakariko Village and you were excited. It's been too long since you've done something like this. You were practically shaking from excitement. You were on your way to kakariko right now. You'll probably ask Renaldo some questions before searching the village. After that, you thought about visiting lake hylia since you haven't been there for a while. You had a lot of things you wanted to do before you go back home, so you were making a list on Garnets back to be more organized about it.

"Is there a place you want to visit? Just don't say Castle Town, you know I can't go back there." You said to your traveling companion looking down to look at him. You were glad things were back to normal. Just you and Garnet, traveling around Hyrule together. You were happy of course, but your gut keeps telling you that something was wrong. You ignored it not wanting anymore trouble than you've already caused. 

You'll probably pick up a few bounties go have fun at Lake Hylia then go home to rest a bit. That sounded like a great plan to you. 'That sounds like a great plan' You thought getting ready to make the plan a reality. 

You were close to Kakariko Village already, you didn't know how long you were traveling. You were pretty distracted with your plans until now. You made your way towards one of the entrances to Kakariko Village. Garnet slowed down deciding to walk inside the village so he would trample over the villagers. After you caught the bounty, you were going to sleep in the inn for the night. Being stuck in bed has soften you up and right now you were pretty sore.

Inside the village, you make your way towards the shamans house. You were going to see how he was doing and his daughter were doing. Before you went to the Shamans, you led Garnet to a stable so he could rest. Once you were done with that, you headed toward Renado's house knowing he would give you a warm welcome. You stopped abruptly seeing two hylian soldiers talking to Renado by his front door.

Your heart stopped

'What in the name oh Hylia?! What are they doing here?' You asked yourself shocked out of your mind. You snapped out of your thoughts backing away slowing pretending you didn't see anything. You put your hood up that was connected to your trench coat making sure they don't see your face. You didn't know if they would notice you after you being away for years. You hid close by trying to act normal. You crossed your arms leaning on a wall looking away from them.

"Like we said, we're here if you have any information about [Y/n] Hyrule." One of the guards said sounding very irritated.

"And like I said, we know nothing about her presence ever stepping foot inside this village. I don't know how many times you have to ask, but she's not here, maybe try looking somewhere else."

"Thank you very much for your time." The other guard said with a smile before pulling his companion away from the house. You were able to here their conversation before they went out of earshot.

"We're wasting are time here, when will you think the messenger will come?"

"He'll come soon, have some patients."

"We've been patient for almost 6 years for the princess to return. Why would she runaway anyways, that's pretty stupid if you ask me, she's probably dead for all we know."

"Evan! don't say such things about our highness."

"Highness my ass, she probably ran away to get away from all that."

"Is that how you really feel." A new voice dropped in. Your eyes went wide knowing who's voice that belonged to. Admiral Barrett, one of the best soldier across Hyrule. Last you heard, he became captain. Honestly you didn't know things would get worse. You grabbed something from your bag not wanting to look suspicious than you already did. You hands found it's way around a book? You pulled it out realizing that it was a journal that you had gotten for yourself when shopping. 

Both of the soldiers froze to the sound of their superiors voice. "U-uh sir, what are you doing here?" The man who you identified as Evan asked.

"That's Captain to you." He said not bothering to answer his question.

"S-sorry Captain." Evan said bowing down.

Barrett let out a hmph before asking his question. "So what were you two saying about the princess?"

"M-me and Thomas were only saying our thoughts Captain."

"And that was?.."

"U-um t-that she ran a-away to escape royalty."

"Hmm be careful when you talk, you can really offend someone by your words."

"Y-Yes Captain!" Evan said relieved that the Captain wasn't going to punish him for what he said. "What are you doing here anyways Captain?" He asked with the slim chance was given

"I'm here to gather troops to take into the Ordona Province." He said while walking away from them making sure they followed.

"What why?" The soldier named Thomas finally said something after that whole scare with the Captain.

This time the captain stopped walking. "Because we have a lead on her." He said the soldiers understanding who they were talking about. "You'll will come will you?" Barrett asked turning his head to look at the two.

"Yes Sir!" They both said in unison with determination.

"Alright then, get ready for departure, pack all the things you packed with you. We leave in a hour." Barrett said before walking away. Both of the soldiers rushed inside the hotel to get their things as quick as possible.

You were in shock from all you heard. How did they know you were in Ordon? Who could've possibly ratted you out? No one there knew who you were. "Ugh I need to get out of here." You said to yourself before you made your way towards Renado's house. You stash away the journal before knocking on his door with haste. The door opened and you looked down to see his daughter.

"[F/n]? When did you get here?" Luda asked only for Renado came into view.

"[F/n], I'm glad your here, get inside." Renado said not even giving you time to speak. He grabbed your wrist pulling you inside before shutting the door. Renado locked it before he turned towards you.

"[Y/n]."

"Renado."

"Do you know why they are looking for you right now of all times?"

"I'm just as confused as you." You said letting out a sigh before sitting down. Once you sat down you started to fidget and play with your thumbs. It's a habit that you picked up when you were young. Usually something you did when you were nervous around your father. You took off your hood that you realize you still had on. You looked up at Renado with concern.

"You don't think they'll find me do you?"

"I mean, there already here..." He trailed off looking out the window to see the guards preparing to leave. "But they didn't notice you so, you do have a chance."

"Yeah, they don't even know what you look like." Luda said trying to comfort you. You smiled when she held your arm to make you stop fiddling with your thumbs. You could count on these two if you ever needed help. You don't know how Renado figured out you were the lost princess, but you were glad that he has kept word of keeping it a secret.

The smile left your face going back to your dire need of advice."S-should I stay here until they leave?"

"That sounds like a smart idea, but do you know where they're going next?"

"They're going to Ordon Village, I don't know how they figured out I was there, but someone must have ratted me out." The more you talked about the situation you were in, the more nervous you got. You were now biting your lip and your eyebrows were scrunched with worry. Renado walked up to you putting a hand on your shoulder seeing your distress was getting worse. You flinched but that made you snap out of your thoughts.

"[Y/n], I'm sure everything will turn out fine."

You nodded your head taking his advice. "You're right, I just need to calm down and think rationally about this." You said to yourself hoping that would help you. You inhaled a few large breaths before you stood up from the place you were sitting. You walked towards the window looking out to see where the soldiers and Barrett were. Barrett had his soldier lined up him giving a speech to them.

"[Y/n], I think that you should go home to Impaz, that's the only place that the Kingdom of Hyrule don't know of." Renado said hand on your shoulder to make sure you knew he was there. You nodded understanding his words. Seeing that you were listening he continued. "You can leave when I give you the all clear.... It's also best that you tell Impaz and Jarvis who you really are." That made you snap your head to look at Renado.

"What do you mean? I can't do that!"

He let out a sigh before speaking again. "They've been there for you ever since you left right?" You nodded looking up at him. "It's only fair that you tell them who you really are before they find out on their own." He finished off. You looked away from him not wanting to look at him in the eyes. You hated how he always seemed to be right. You let out a sigh of defeat knowing you had no other choice

"Fine, I'll tell them." You said looking out the window to see the soldiers preparing to leave. There was a question that still was stuck in your head so you decided to ask. "You do know hylians all over the kingdom correct?"

"Yes what about it."

You looked at him serious expression on your face. "Who do you think could have ratted me out?" You asked angered that Hyrules guards were closing in on you. Renado only shook his head telling you that he didn't know the answer to your question. "Come on, rest up before you head back home." Renado said leading you away from the window.

Renado made you wait for a while after the soldiers left saying it's safer knowing they actually left. While both waited, he restocked some of your food and money. It was going to get harder for you to leave the village since some of the soldiers stayed behind to keep guard.

"If they stop you just say you're a bounty hunter, they won't get suspicious over that." Renado said handing you your bag.

"Got it." You said heading towards the door. You stopped once you opened the door to look back at Renado and his daughter with a smile. "Thank you both for everything." You said before you headed out and closed the door. You made your way towards the stables to pick up Garnet. You put your hood back up over your head rushing to get out of here.

Making it to the stables, you rushed over to Garnet. "Hey buddy, sorry I took so long, something came up." You took him out of the stable before jumping on his back. You made your way towards the gate where two soldiers were guarding the gate. Your heart was pounding by your nervousness of getting caught. You didn't know how this was going to play out. Everything went in slow motion when you reached the gate. When you looked at one of the guards, they only nodded giving you permission to leave Kakariko Village. You nodded back as a thanks passing the gate, and making your way out of the village. Once you were far enough, you let out a breath that you didn't know that you were holding.

"I can't believe it was that easy." You said to yourself putting a hand over your chest. You calmed yourself before heading to only place you knew called home.

{------------------------------------------------------------------}

The days I want to upload my stories is Mondays and Fridays, but I guess I was too busy to upload. So I'm sorry to whoever actually enjoys my stories. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 885 22
The Princess of the vast kingdom of Hyrule, Zelda Nohansen was only sixteen by the time she was diagnosed with a illness called Huntington's Chorea...
133K 2.4K 34
"I will protect you forever, princess." He said as he smiled. • The princess escaping the darkness from her own kingdom, found a land called Hyrule...
40.2K 876 23
Link is an ordinary teenager who blends into the background. His life is very mundane until he meets a girl with a familiar stare. The girl that goes...
49.5K 1.4K 80
The Kingdom of Hyrule is a land where its history is stained in blood. A legend that has lasted throughout time and a world filled with Wisdom, Power...