The Death of a Time Viewer (C...

By Cptmorgue

Morgianna Salieri is an average girl. She makes good grades, never gets in trouble, and works hard in her mar... More

Death Is Not The End
Characters
Reborn
Curse This Tiny Body
A Little Adventure
Are We Enemies?
This girl isn't natural!
Capture Targets When Older
Otome Game?!
Public Debut
Public Debut 2
A Chance Encounter.
To Break A Curse
The Pact
Where To Go
The New Guard
Death Wants Payment
Lets join a Guild
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Little Red
Fight Their Way In
The Strongest
Author Update
Picking A Payment
The Target
Payment In Full
Death
Author note
The Invitation
A Princely Party
A Princely Party 2
THE Mission
Thank you!
Alnwick
The Real Alnwick
A Plan
The Binds that Hold Us
The Gathering of Beasts
Nothing to do with the story
The Start of His End
As Black as His Soul
When Two Became Four
When Two Became Four part 2
A Proper Lady's Party
Meeting the "Heroine"
Lets be Friends
Lets Be Friends (part2)
Her Brothers Friend
Little Red and the Not So Bad Wolf
Little Red and The Not So Bad Wolf
Spilling Secrets
A Big Happy Family
Thank you!
Necro
Kidnapped the Wrong Girl
Power, Foes, and I want to go home.
Q&A
Q&A Answered
Who is She?
New Guild Members
A Family Vacation
Disaster Strikes
An Unexpected Visitor
About The Engagement
Love is in the Air
Surprise
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Part 2
Off on Another Adventure
12th Birthday Party part 3
Where Dragons Live
Where Dragons Live Part 2
What Happened?
All is Fair In Love and War
All Is Fair in Love and War part 2
The Making of a Murderer
Sacrifices
Before and After
What Happens Now
What Happens Now Part 2
Another Pact
A Woman Scorned
Never Goodbye
Crossroads Academy
First Day
First Day Part 2
First Day Part 3
School Life
Meeting The Dean
announcement
She's An Obstacle
Teams
The Contest
After The Contest
Finding Her
Under The Hood
The Hunt Begins Anew
Needing A Reason
Becoming a Crowd
Telling The Truth
Preparing For The End
Death Comes for All
The Making of an Army
Pink Haired Beauty No More
Surprise Attack
The Signal of The End
The Final
The Last Sacrifice
Death Is Still Not The End
Epilogue
Welcome To The Blumhouse
Short Spin-offs

The Contest Part 2

4.8K 324 19
By Cptmorgue

Morgianna saw the flare and dropped the water she had in her hand springing up from her seat.  Her sudden movement startled Kieran and Caspian but they had no time to ask her what was wrong before she took off in the direction of the flare. Leaving their bags on the ground they quickly followed after her, uncaring of the contest at that moment. As soon she saw that flare Morgianna wished she had already contacted Fafnir and the others so that they would be on their way. She did not know what exactly would happen but she knew it would not be good.

'I need you guys.' She sent it telepathically and left the link open so that they would find her.

"You better hurry to save your friend, she doesn't have much time left..." Death appeared with a conflicted look beside her as she ran. He knew he shouldn't tell her, but he found himself not wanting to see her heartbreak at losing a friend.

At his words all Morgianna could think of was getting there faster. Using her magic she propelled herself into the sky so that she wouldn't have to worry about dodging trees. Kieran and Caspian cursed as they watched her figure disappearing from their sight. Without a second thought Kieran shifted to his wolf form mid-step and Caspian grabbed hold of his black fur letting himself be pulled along.

...

Margerie and Ruthanna were water and earth users and cornered Olive leaving her no place to run. "I do not know what you shot into the sky, but by the time help arrives it will be too late." They both smiled as they built a wall around Olive filling it full of water.

At first there was banging coming from within the closed earth  but slowly the sounds ceased. The girls were about to panic and release her when they felt the air around them go cold. "WHERE. IS. OLIVE!" They quickly turned to find Morgianna floating above them. Without thinking they cast a glance at the closed earth and Morgianna zeroed in on it. Without a moment's hesitation she broke it in half allowing Olive's pale body to spill onto the forest floor.

Morgianna was trembling as she let her feet touch down on the ground. With the utmost care she brushed Olive's hair out of her face and used her powers to pull the water from her friend's lungs. She saw Ruthanna and Margerie trying to sneak off and her head snapped in their direction causing both girls to freeze in fear. After Morgianna was sure that Olive would be alright she used her earth magic to create a bed of soft flower to lay her in and then slowly stood to her feet.

Death had arrived but only stood quietly to the side, he looked at the pale girl on the bed of flowers and sighed. She would have died if Morgianna had arrived even a minute later. Looking back to Morgianna he saw her losing her grip on her powers and knew that while one life was spared not everyone would leave here alive.

A manic smile formed on Morgianna's lips and she cocked her head to the side. She glanced around seeing that Angeline had long ago run away leaving her lackeys to take the fall. No issue, they would not take long, and then the hunt could commence for the main prize. "Tell me where your idol is when you need her. She pushed you until you hurt an innocent girl and then ran at the first sight of trouble. The payment required... is death."

...

Kieran and Caspian could smell the blood in the air as they drew closer to where they had seen the light originate from. The scene that awaited them almost turned their stomachs. Two bodies that were unidentifiable were strewn around the trees, blood splattered across the ground everywhere but one place. In that one clean section laid Olive seemingly sleeping if not for her drenched hair and cold clammy skin.

Caspian was the first to walk forward and placed his finger on her wrist to feel for a pulse. He was relieved when he felt one but couldn't help but bite his lip as he looked around at the scene around them. "Do you think Morgianna did this? Or was taken by whoever did?" Kieran who was still in his wolf form just stared at him blankly as if not even wanting to entertain the idea. Caspian as if he could read the other prince's mind ran his hands through his blue hair. "Regardless we need to find her. Can you point me in the right direction with that nose of yours? We need to hurry before the teachers arrive. You can tell them whatever you want, but I will go along with whatever Morgianna says. Even if she did this she wouldn't have attacked without reason."

Kieran slowly nodded his head and lifted his head into the air taking a sniff. The smell of blood was thick in the air but under it he caught the smell of Morgianna and Angeline in the same direction.

...

Morgianna was looking down at Angeline as the pink-haired girl shook on the ground. "I gave you so many warnings but still you decided to do something as stupid as attacking Olive." She could see that Angeline wanted to deny it but she did not even give her the chance. "Denying it is pointless, your cowardly nature had you set your lackeys to do the dirty work, but still it was almost the outcome you wished for. The only thing you did not take into account was my hunting you down like the rat that you are."

Angeline was cursing in her heart. The villainess was way more powerful than the game had made her out to be. Nothing was going how it should! "I d-didn't mean for her to get h-hurt." She blinked her watery eyes up at Morgianna.

Unmoved by Angeline's tears Morgianna laughed. "You are fake, pitiful in your last life, and sickening in this one. You should have taken my warning and avoided me." 

Morgianna was about to call her scythe when Angeline's eyes widened in glee. "My Princes, you came to save me! Hurry tell this rabid dog to release me!" Her voice was shrill and rising in volume with each word.

When Morgianna turned she saw Caspian... and beside him the wolf she had known almost her whole life in this world. She felt a jab in her heart looking at him but she knew even without looking now who he was. "Caspian, Kieran are you going to stop me?"

Kieran flinched when she said his name. He was regretting not telling her sooner, especially as she saw the cold way she looked at him. He changed back to his human form and tried to find the words to speak.

Watching him open and close his mouth multiple times only made Morgianna more upset. He had years to tell her, yet he never did. She had told him things she had not told anyone else, things about himself, and the other princes that could hurt her later. "Either try to stop me or do not get in my way." There was ice in her voice that matched the look in her eyes.

Finally Kieran found his voice and the words that he spoke surprised even himself. "I will not stop you."

There was only a moment of silence before Angeline started screeching like a banshee. "You are supposed to choose me, love me, and only me! She is nothing! Kill her now while I will still forgive you, you stupid mutt! Caspian Fight him for my honor and I will choose you!"

Three pairs of eyes turned to her as Angeline turned red in the face from all her screaming. She was panting and out of breath her eyes wild as she looked around in terror. Caspian looked at the pink-haired girl and he too did not feel the need to save her. "Do you have to kill her, or can you just hurt her really bad?"

Angeline wanted to faint at his words. Neither of them was going to help her when they were supposed to be hers. If it wasn't for Morgianna they would be, so all she had to do was get rid of her. Morgianna was distracted by the prince's words and took her eyes off of Angeline for just a moment and that is all she needed. Using what strength she had left Angeline conjured her eyes and thrust it upwards at Morgianna's chest.

Being caught off guard Morgianna did not completely avoid the strike but was still able to make it avoid her major organs. The ice pierced her shoulder and Morgianna saw red. She wanted to rip Angeline's head off her shoulders and leave her in the woods to be eaten by the monsters. A split second is all she would need but strong arms wrapped around her from behind, whispering in her ear. "The teachers are about to arrive, if you attack now it will all fall on you and Olive. I will protect you so please do not do anything right now." Caspian heard the words that Kieran said and nodded that he too would go along with whatever he said.

Just as Kieran said teachers flooded the scene brandishing weapons and their magic looking around for danger. Among them were Bartholomew and Silvus, both of which took note of Morgianna's injured shoulder with squinted eyes.  "Where is the danger?"

Before Angeline could even utter a word against Morgianna both Kieran and Caspian stepped forward and pointed at her. "Angeline Roth has attacked her fellow student. First her and her friends attacked Olive Lovehearst, but when beasts attacked them Angeline fled. We showed up in time to scare off the beasts and break Olive from her chamber. After we then followed Angeline in hopes of detaining her, but she pretended to surrender so that she could wound Morgianna. You all showed up just in time, arrest her." Caspian stood straight his face a mask of calm despite what was happening.

Every pair of eyes turned to look at Angeline who still sat on the ground with a shocked expression. The lie that had rolled off the prince's tongue was so smooth that even she would have believed it if it was not about her. Before she could even utter a response she had been surrounded by the teachers and was being taken into custody.

Morgianna watched everything with a cold expression. She would have to watch and see what happened from here on out. She did not trust the princes but they did just save her and Olive in their own way.

-------------------------------------------------------
Word count before note: 1814

I hope everyone enjoyed the mass updates today. There was some gore in this chapter but I cut out the actual fight as after I wrote it and was revising I felt that that many would not appreciate it. Lol

Hit that vote button and comment ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
66.9K 1.9K 32
Leia was a girl who lost it all, her life, her friends, her family, all she had left was her world. Well her paper, when she lot her ability to move...
12.1K 476 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
69 5 19
A nigh-omnipotent god gets bored so he erases his memories, gives up his power and reincarnates as a normal human in a modern world, and then dies ag...