Crystallized Truth

By EinfaAsshi

In an age of technology of extensive discoveries, Dehradun is a city in India defying science and nature ever... More

Prologue
Cast & Intro
Chapter 1 - Welcome To Dehradun
Chapter 2 - Meeting Eachother
Chapter 3 - A Bad Start
Chapter 4 - Weird Relations
Chapter 5 - Bonfire and Fireworks
Chapter 6 - Stirring Feelings
Chapter 7 - Stirring Hearts
Chapter 8 - Art of Closeness
Chapter 9 - Dinner and Darkness
Chapter 10 - Attack
Chapter 11 - Trailer
Chapter 12 - Surprisingly Surprise
Chapter 13 - New Ways
Chapter 13 (b) - New Ways
Attention!!
Chapter 15 - Cold Evening
Chapter 16 - Liability
Chapter 16(b) - Setting stage
Chapter 17 - Slice of Truth
Chapter 18 - Arc
Chapter 19 - First Step
Chapter 20 - Confusion and Surprises
Chapter 21 - Search for Facts
Chapter 22 - Icy Flames
Chapter 22|b| - Icy Flames
Chapter 23 - A Key
Chapter 24 - Killer Power
Chapter 25 - Silver Lining
Chapter 26 - Behind the Scene
Chapter 27 - Unrecognizable World
Chapter 28 - Chocolate and Blood
Chapter 29 - Shifting Shades
Chapter 30 - Bridges to Cross
Chapter 31 - Suffocating Thoughts
Chapter 32 - Cunning of Fox
Chapter 33 - Battling Each Other
Chapter 34 - Murderer or Not
Chapter 35 - Acquaintance of Past
Chapter 36 - A New Twist

Chapter 14 - Scary Thoughts

172 16 27
By EinfaAsshi

Ashley scrunched his face. A bitter feeling snaking around him. The hall where they would sleep, was converted into a pub. The neon lights fell everywhere as hawks on prey and soft music played in the background. His friends roamed around, enjoying themselves and sometimes passing him to reach the mini bar created in the corner, right behind him.

His finger caressed the glass of wine as his eyes covered every step of Amelia. He did not mind the party, it was his best time usually but this party was a nightmare. Archie was busy with his new sweetheart, not that Ashley cared much for Archie but he was not liking the lonely feeling. Only Ava smile was not letting him feel wounded. At least, she was happy. Ethan, on the other hand, was far from listening to what Ashley wanted and this was an infuriating suprise.

Keeping all these aside, Ashley was bubbling in furry on the audacity of Amelia. She planned party without involving him and even if that was not enough, she brought two strangers, some new friends, of her at his place. That too without his permission.

What does she think of herself? His grip tightened on glass. Amelia was laughing with those two clowns surrounding her. She walked to a table for a drink. She should've asked for his permission. She should've told him. What does she think she is?

Ethan pulled Amelia in corner and Ashley narrowed his eyes. The angry thoughts flew away. Amelia was standing against the wall and Ethan had his back to Ashley. Ethan leaned over Amelia and Ashley shifted on his feet almost ready to punch Ethan. They were standing really close, Ethan whispered something in Amelia ears. Ashely felt a strange sting in his heart and almost imagined himself ripping away Ethan from Amelia and punching on his nasty face.

Amelia pulled herself away from Ethan rather too disturbingly. Ashley could see the fire lightening in her eyes as she glared Ethan. For a change, Ashley felt good on seeing that fire in her eyes. Ashley stepped stealthily towards them and stopped when he was able to listen them.

"Stay away from my business," Amelia said, her voice filled with burning rage. "My friends are my decision and I don't care for anyone's damn thoughts."

Amelia was ready to leave when she stopped and glared Ethan once again.

"Tell your friend too, am not someone to take orders in my personal matters." Amelia added as an afterthought and looked directly towards Ashley.

Her piercing gaze was not new but this time again, Ashley was not at fault. Ashley fisted his hand. If he had problems with Amelia new friends, which he had too, he would've said it directly and not Ethan as vehicle to convey his glorious emotions.

Amelia stormed back to her friends and Ethan turned around only to notice Ashley glaring him. Looking away, Ethan walked out of his line of fire. Ashley gritted his teeth trying to control himself from delivering a punch in his guts.

He hates new friends of Amelia but who is Ethan to go and talk to Amelia?  Ashley stepped back, picked his glass from bar and gulped down the wine. Ethan has damn no right.

Dance was started. Not started, but Archie decided to have enough and started to dance with Ava with no particular warning. Ashley shrugged as if he did not care but then Amelia whistled gaining his attention.

Maybe, I can ask her for a dance? Ashley thought with a slight smile but returned with a frown when he realised what he was saying. What the hell? Am I going mad?

His eyes were still stopped at Amelia when local guy reached to Amelia asking for a dance and Ashley could do nothing but glower in frustration.

"Hey, will you honour me by being my partner for dance, Amelia?" He asked with an outstretched hand.

Ashley clenched his fist. Who says Amelia that much sweetly? So fake.

"My pleasure, Mr Indian," Amelia said in a teasing tone and batting her eyelashes.

Ashley eyes widened and he grunted when Amelia accepted. Freaking hell.

What does she think of herself? Ashley gritted picking up another glass of wine and downing it in a gulp. She was playing with him and he would teach her a lesson for sure.

There at distance stood the foreigner girl in her dark skirt and deep neck blouse. A smirk came on Ashley face. He would not stop himself for anyone and be the Ashley Wilson that he was.

Taking an extra glass of wine, he stood beside her, leaning on wall.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Ashley asked in a husky voice. He was looking towards the party arrangement but made it sound that he was talking about her.

The girl turned to him and gave a nervous smile. Her hazel eyes reminded him of light brown eyes of Amelia filled with fire.

"Mind a glass of wine?" Ashley asked giving out the glass.

The girl looked at the glass of wine and then at Ashley. He gave an alluring smile and nudged her to take it. She accepted without word.

"So what's your name, honey?" Ashley asked as she took a sip of wine.

His eyes wandered to Amelie who seemed to be having fun in that idiots arms. A sour expression came on his face before he covered it up.

"Funny that you said." The smile lingered on her lips.

Ashley turned to her, locked his ocean blue eyes with her and raised an eyebrow.

"And why will you say so?" Ashley asked with a charming smirk.

"My name is Honey," The girl answered, her smile widening into a shy one.

"What a lovely name for a lovely lady," Ashley said covering up his blunder with a huge smile.

"Thank you," Honey said shyly.

Ashley smirked at his effect on her and finally placed the glass on the table beside him. Amelia was not going to like his guts. But damn with her and her thoughts. Also her friend and dance.

"Dance?" Ashley asked.

Honey face brightened and she nodded with a dumb smile. Ashley smirked taking her bony hand in his.

His eyes went to Amelia who was staring him with narrowed eyes. With a smirk, Ashley ignored her and danced with Honey ever so closely and happily. But damn it was no fun other than expressions on Amelia face.

After a few seconds, Ashley had enough of dance so he stepped back and took his position back on the mini bar. Amelia too stepped away from the guy and walked to Honey. She murmured something to Honey and Honey eyes wandered to him. Ashley passed an enticing smirk.

It seemed his dance with Honey, did not go well with Amelia. Just as he wanted.

Amelia glared him and crossed her arms. Her dark hair falling over her face.

Sipping on the wine, Ashley watched Ava and Archie, more lost in their arms than dancing now.

How would he look with Amelia like that? Ashley scorned at the thought and just then Ava and Archie kissed. Amelia hooted and whistled while Ashley rolled his eyes.

Kissing was not even a big deal for Ashley even if Archie and Ava never kissed before, they were engaged unofficially for god's sake. What was there to be so excited for Amelia?

What if I kiss Honey? Ashley thought as he watched the delight on Amelia face. Will she be as excited as she is now?

But despite all his flings of past time, the thought of kissing Honey brought a sour taste in his mouth. He would rather kiss Am-

What the hell am I thinking? Ashley tore his gaze away from Amelia and rushed out of the suite. Standing by the door, he pulled out the packet of cigarette, he did not use from long time but never forgot to keep around.

Fumbling with the lighter, he lit up the cigarette and inhaled deeply. His mouth filled with the bitter taste and his lungs burnt with acrid smoke. He coughed for a moment but felt lot better than the thoughts that were molding into dangerous fantasies.

Before he could inhale once again, cigarette was snatched from his mouth and thrown on ground and he felt like someone snatched away his girl.

"Stop toying with your life, Ashley," Ethan groaned in a voice thick with anger.

Ashley could see the anger in his eyes and for a moment he was intimidated by his red face and looming height. He could swear that he never saw Ethan losing his cool that way and never did he call his full name.

"Start being serious. The least I want is to lose you to some fucking cigarettes," Ethan growled.

There was something in his eyes numbing Ashley. Besides the anger, there was a strange emotion that Ashley could not name. He felt like someone sucked away the energy from his body.

As Ethan slammed in their suite, Ashley jolted from numbness and stared the closed door. Thoughts ran wild in his head. Ethan was not the same friend of his anymore. He was being more distant, more silent and more mysterious. Not to forget his sudden disagreements and anger issues.

His emotions always blinded him from seeing the matter but now whatever he witnessed was forcing him to think over the relation with Ethan.

Ethan was always soft spoken and had loving nature among three of them. His sulking and complaints, his silence and chlidish nature, were the reason Ashley had approached him for the first time. It was like Ashley wanted to protect that nature, he himself could not acquire due to the bitterness. But of course, he could not handle his own nature and was rude and arrogant at times. This change in Ethan, however, was not what Ashley expected.

Now, Ethan was nothing what made him Ethan and Ashley friend.

Ashley stared the cigarette smouldering on the floor. Stamping his feet on cigarette, he wondered where Ethan was and why did he even go outside at first place. He could swear that none of them knew anyone in this city then with whom Ethan was spending time?

He really needed to pay attention to once his friend.

What are you hiding Ethan? Ashley thought.

.

Ava was feeling lazy after the excitement of late night party. She must admit that Amelia could arrange best parties. The tasty food, the funny games, the romantic atmosphere and the soft music. Oh, the music. It was so blissful.

Ignoring the food, Ava picked the bottle of whiskey and slumped on chair of dining table.

And the kiss. The memory coloured her cheeks into deep red and she lowered her head carefully hiding her face from Amelia who was standing in hall. Pouring the wine in the glass, Ava played with glass. It was the best kiss of her life. Not that she ever kissed anyone before. She was always careful of boys to the point of paranoia. Even then the kiss was something different. She was almost transported to some other world. Like she did not even know what earth was.

She licked her dried lips as she brought the glass near her lips. His sweet tangy taste was still lingering in her mouth. The night was even more sweet torture when she could not even close her eyes without reliving the kiss.

"What's this?" She heard Amelia talking but did not pay attention.

Her mind was not yet over the kiss they shared and the passion she felt. His touch was maddening for her and she could not imagine what future held for them.

That reminded her, where the hell was Archie?

He was not in room when she woke up in the morning and he had not yet returned. Ashley was getting ready in the room and she could not be sure of Ethan since he was still staying in her and Amelia room. Was he with Ethan? But where?

"Ahan, this is for our new to be bride," Amelia said gaining her attention.

Ava snapped her head towards Amelia. In the opposite corner, Amelia stood with a package near the table placed beside the door. In a blink, Ava was on her feet and beside Amelia.

Taking the package, Ava pulled out a faded jeans coupled with white t-shirt and red blazer. The fabric was bit rough and it was an outdated design but it was fascinating and Ava was in love with the dress already.

"Nice choice and perfect with the atmosphere of Dehradun," Amelia remarked. "I think he must've brought it from a shop here, where they still sale the half century old dresses."

A smile lighted Ava face as she admired the dress, feeling Archie. She did not mind whether it was an ancient dress or not. What mattered to her was this being her first gift from Archie. It was already special.

"Look, here's even a message. Like old times. Truly historic romance," Amelia said picking up the sticking paper.

Ava snatched the paper from her hand and ignoring the looks of Amelia, she looked at the cursive handwriting. Just one word was written without any signature.

Evening.

"I should say you're going fast but then you're too old to be virgin anymore," Amelia said pulling her red cheeks.

Twenty three years were too old to be virgin. But that did not mean Amelia would say it right in front of Ashley.

Ashley was standing at a little distance leaning on the door.  Ava bit the inside of her cheeks. Amelia should've known they weren't alone.

"Not the right place to say, Amy," Ava chided softly.

"Is it so?" Amelia raised her eyebrow carelessly and that's when her eyes fell on Ashley standing with surly expressions.
"Oh shit"

"I forgot we got a stalker here," Amelia said loud enough for Ashley to hear.

"May I tell you who is intruder here?" Ashley asked icily.

Ava shook her head. It seemed Ashley wasn't yet over his bad mood of night.

"Don't mind her, Ash. We're really grateful for your help," Ava said flashing her mature smile.

This dampened his grumpy mood just as Ava had suspected. Ashley gave his best smile to Ava.

"Anything for you," Ashley winked at her.

Charmer, just as Archie had remarked.

"Is he really Ashley or some imposter?" Amelia chipped with a ridiculed expression.

Then why isn't he same charming playboy with Amelia? Ava wondered as the two threw daggers at each other through eyes.

"Why don't you go and photograph some mountains, Amy?" Ava said before Ashley could start the war.

"Oho, so my darling is now throwing me outside. Not bad, baby," Amelia said grinning teasingly.

Ava blushed but tried to hide it with a smile. "Go away lazy girl."

"Just don't end up killing her, Ash," Ava said looking directly at Ashley. Her concern was clear in her eyes and somehow she thought Ashley understood it well.

"I'm not a killer, Ava, but I can't promise about your friend," Ashley said with a smile but seriousness in his eyes brought comfort for Ava.

"I understand you want to be alone with Archie, but that doesn't mean you'll sign me for war," Amelia whined.

"Amy, it is just to make sure no one is alone."

"This is insane. Am not going with him anywhere even if I have to fight twenty loons," Amelia declared.

Amelia whirled and stormed out of the room. Ava turned to Ashley and look at him with pleading eyes.

"She can fight two to three loons but she is a bit reckless and I want her safe." Ava said in a whisper.

"As long she don't kill me, we'll be fine," Ashley said with a subtle smile.

Ava shook her head with an amused smile and Ashley walked out of the room leaving her all alone for the day that was going to turn more than she could bargain for.

Ava was ready. The dress fitted her curves perfectly and she was amazed that Archie got her size so right. At the last moment, she decided to put on a red lipstick. It was a bit on impulse but she liked the end result.

Just then door rang and she checked on to find Archie. Her smile widened on its own. She waited for him to say something as they sat on chairs in the corner of halls. Archie however was admiring him with open mouth.

"So?" Ava asked after a long minute of silence.

"Fascinating," Archie complimented with wide eyes and still in trance.

Her cheeks coloured as Archie continued to stare her hungrily. He came closer and placed a kiss on her cheeks, lingering a bit longer and savouring the moment. Ava fidgeted feeling him closer than necessary.

"Looking ravishing, Ava," he whispered in his ears, his breath falling on her neck and she breathed more deeply.

Her name from his mouth was even more alluring and she could feel her heart pounding against her chest.

"Wine?" Ava asked standing up and taking the bottle for her nerves.

"I'll rather be conscious," Archie said.

Ava bit her lower lip. She surely needed wine and that too more than one glass. Her nerves were going wild and she better learn to control herself.

As she poured the wine for herself, Archie stood behind her and spoke. "From where did you get such dress though? Its freaking made for you."

"Don't start, Archie," Ava warned with a smile as she took the glass.

"What did I say?" Archie asked sounding confused.

"Its your gift and you're saying something rubbish. Not a good start," Ava said shaking her head and still avoiding to look at him.

"My gift? But I didn't get any gift for you. Not a dress, at least."

Ava froze. She turned to him wondering if he was joking but the sincerity in his eyes made her gasp. The dress was not his gift then who could give her the dress when she knew no one.

Who could give her an old dress that too in perfect size? And why?

How was also a question with a terrifying chill.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 6.5K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
69 6 1
A school trip sets the stage for an unforgettable journey for nine children, each unaware of the thrilling escapades awaiting them. Among them, Abhig...
23K 1.3K 5
When Detective ASR is hired to find out about a cheating wife, he himself falls in her love. Is she really cheating her husband? Will he get his love...
111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...