Miss Daring ✔️

LyssahTraicey

Nia had never been in a committed relationship a day in her life. It wasn't because men were never interested... Еще

Authors Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter One

3.5K 140 18
LyssahTraicey

I was sitting alone in a secluded section of the campus library buried nose deep into a book as I researched for a paper that was due on Monday. It was on Thursday and I had made my way there immediately after class to get the assignment over and done with. I was very good at procrastinating until the due date and had decided to get it done quickly so that I could have all weekend to party, get drunk, get high, treat the hangovers before repeating the process.

I clicked my nails repeatedly in the same pattern on the table as I flipped through the pages with my other hand. Don't get me wrong, I was not a nerd or anything like that. I just liked doing well in my studies which included cutting time off my day to do some reading. I also had a lot of pressure from my family to do good in my studies so it's not like I had a choice.

My eldest sister Zawadi was a lawyer working in one of the biggest law firms in the country. She was thirty years old and very successful in her field. Then there was Kendi who twenty five years old and a social media sensation who had a very successful YouTube page and over two million followers on Instagram. It was hard living in their shadows that's why I never used my real name on any social media outlet. I wanted my own private life that wasn't influenced by my successful sister or my famous sister.

I was the last born of three at twenty one years old and in my last year of campus working very hard to get a first class bachelor's degree in Psychology at Mount Kenya University. It was a very hard course but I had a passion in it and besides I only had to stick out for a few more months then I would graduate.

Now if only I could finish the assignment due so I could call it a day that would be awesome. My train of thought was interrupted by the vibrating of my phone. I would have ignored it but it was my friend Ava and if I declined her call she'd just keep calling.

"What?!" I whisper yelled at her.

"Sheesh sorry. I know you're in the library and all but can you at least try to be nice." She said.

"What do you want Ava I'm busy?" I asked.

"Okay fine grouchy pants. I want you to accompany me to a rugby game this afternoon." She requested.

"No!" I replied without even thinking about it.

She knew I hated sports and the rugby field was on the other side of campus from the library.

"Please. I have a crush on this guy who is on the team and I want to see him play." She pleaded.

"Still no Ava." I replied.

"There's a party afterwards and I hear there is keg." She said tempting me.

"Tempting but no. There are parties much closer to campus that I don't have to sit through a whole rugby game for." I explained.

"You are so difficult." Ava said groaning.

"I know." I replied smugly.

"Okay how about this. I'll bring you a burger and those meat balls you like." She bargained.

"Why are you so insistent on me coming with you? I'm sure you have other friends who don't need as much persuading." I asked.

"Because I like you best and I want another person who doesn't know anything about rugby there with me. I don't want to stick out." She explained.

"Wouldn't you be safer going with someone who actually knows something about rugby?" I asked.

"Please Nia, please." She pleaded.

"Throw in two cans of Smirnoff Ice and I'm in." I said finally giving in.

Ava wouldn't give up until I agreed so better save us both the time and energy and just accept. Looks like I was going to a rugby match. Huge men chasing after an egg shaped ball getting all muddy and sweaty. That wouldn't be so bad. Then there was the kegger party afterwards. Best way to end a long ass week.

"It's a deal. The games begins at three so make sure to be there." She demanded before hanging up.

I groaned placing my head on the table. What had I gotten myself into? But it would be okay, I could use some fresh air and sun anyways.

It was currently half past noon so I had enough time to finish my assignment and be on time. Ava and I had been friends since first year. We met at a pool party and were coincidentally wearing the same bikini. We had laughed it off and had been friends ever since. I had lots of friends on campus being the outgoing person I was but most of them weren't friends. They were just people who I bonded with at parties. Ava was my closest friend and by closest I didn't mean sleepovers and braiding each others hair but if I was ever in jail she would bail me out and I'd do the same for her.

I may have been a bad girl with a reputation to support that claim but I had never been arrested and wasn't planning on it. I was smart enough to know my limits and follow the rules so I didn't get into trouble.

After getting all my work done I grabbed everything I had and placed it neatly into my yellow graffiti backpack. I returned all the books to the shelves and decided to visit the restroom before I left. The library washrooms were really clean because nobody really knew where they were. I don't think people expected a library to have washrooms.

After doing my business I decided to quickly redo my make up. I took off the baggy hoodie I had been wearing as the library was always cold. I was left white a cropped t-shirt with the word Thrasher written on it, blue ripped jeans and fishnet stockings underneath. I was also rocking some black heeled ankle boots. I quickly did my make up again, some smokey eyes, eyeliner. dark lipstick and let my dark braids fall loose on my back. Putting on my sunglasses I checked my reflection on the mirror.

I was 5'3 with dark chocolate skin, brown eyes and dark hair that never went past my shoulders. I usually did it in braids or weaves most of the time. I had size thirty four breasts that I loved, a flat stomach and a tiny waist with wide hips and an ass . I loved my figure and liked dressing up to show it off. Show off what your mama gave you and all. I also had a few tattoos, tiny ones all over my body but had a pretty large tribal tattoo on my right bicep. Point is I loved getting inked. I always got this amazing rush whenever I felt that needle in my skin. Don't worry though I don't think I'd get that many or would I?

Happy with the way I looked I grabbed my bag and left the washrooms. I walked towards the front desk ignoring all the looks I got. I knew people were wondering what someone dressed up like me was doing in the library. What can I say, I loved making a scene.

"You just couldn't resist could you?" Mercy the librarian asked when I approached her.

"You know that's not my style." I replied with a wink.

"What can I do for you today your highness?" She asked with a teasing smile.

Mercy had been working at the library since it was constructed about five years ago. She had the whole mean librarian look going for her always wearing a scowl on her face and glasses perched on her nose. She looked mean but she was actually a softie. She told me she just did that to get a laugh from scaring the students. It also meant people stayed quiet and were on their best behavior when she was around.

I had fallen for that look a few times when I started visiting the library but I was never the kind of person who enjoyed having older people hate me. My peers could all hate me and I wouldn't care but I wanted the older generation to like me. I discovered Mercy had a sweet tooth so I began bringing her small things like a packets of Oreos, muffins and chocolate. She had resisted at first but I eventually won her over and we'd been friends ever since.

"Can you keep my bag here till Monday? I promised Ava to watch the rugby game with her and if I go to my place I'll never make it to the game on time. There's also an after party that you know I can't miss." I explained.

I lived thirty minutes away from campus in some pretty posh hostels thanks to Zawadi's fat salary.

"Sure but it'll cost you." Mercy replied and I handed her my bag chuckling at her statement.

"I got you covered girl. See you on Monday." I replied.

"Take care of yourself." She said.

"Don't I always." I replied with a smile before exiting the library.

The sun was really scorching but thankfully the rugby field had trees all around so the shade would be nice. I had my phone and house keys on me and that's all I really needed. I just wanted to get really drunk and then maybe I'd have some meaningless sex with a stranger, hopefully one of the players. I heard those guys were huge everywhere and I loved myself something good and big if you catch my drift. Well all that could wait till later because at the moment I was hungry and Ava had promised me food. She had better be there when I arrived, my stomach was starting to digest itself.

************************************

Vote

Comment

Share

Love@Lyssah.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

3.5K 880 67
" Olivia, I liked you from the moment you hiccuped your way into my life. It's funny really but it's the truth. I also wasted a lot of time and this...
10K 337 16
He's the charming rugby player. She's the creative university student. It's a classic boy meets girl love story. Set in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Connections | ✔️ Cee

Любовные романы

2.1M 56.2K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
Aurora & George | ✓ pink flamingo

Короткий рассказ

98.5K 3.2K 24
"Aurora?" "Yes, George?" The story of two teens; a tutor and her student. And how they fell in love.