Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{30}

1.9K 79 44
By Pandalion23

You expected the press. But, you didn't expect this much.

You had a microphone in your face before you both had even reached the gates of U.A.

Katsuki had spotted them first, opting to cross the street with an annoyed growl as he pulled you along, you realized he had watched the news this morning as well. You both had been avoiding the journalists all across town, even down Tatooin Station but in front of the school was bound to be worse. And it was.

"Oh, here's some students right now!" You both groaned, Katsuki's glare didn't waver the story hungry journalists enough to back off as they crowded you both while you were walking.

You leaned closer to Katsuki as they got closer, the press has always made you uncomfortable, making the ash blond glance down at you, his grip on your shoulder's got alittle tighter.

"Hey, kids!" A woman shoved her tape recorder in your face, a few others followed, Katsuki only frowned as a microphone was angled towards him. "Can you tell me what's All Might like as a teacher? You're U.A. students, aren't you?"

Another few questions came up, "Tell us what does All Might teach?"

"What do you think of All Might as a teacher?"

You and Katsuki just kept walking, the reporters desperately following towards U.A.'s entrance, jogging with their microphones held closely to catch even the smallest syllable. It wouldn't matter if you gave them a direct answer, reporters only wanted the details that would potentially ruin or make All Might just a little more interesting. Something that they could twist.

"Hey, aren't you those sludge villain kids?"

Katsuki stiffened beside you, you sighed, exasperated. "Walk away," he warned, giving a nasty side eye to the woman that asked, she nervously laughed at his glare. Katsuki then quickly pulled you towards the entrance, you both were just a few steps away.

You then felt a hand over your wrist, you snatched your hand back into your chest, whirling around to look at who had touched you. The grip of the persons fingers had been cold, rough to the touch...

"You look really familiar," An older reporter said, his eyes narrowed as he looked at you from the side, you glanced at the him, confused. "Ya know, I think I've taken your picture before..." he hummed thoughtfully, lifting his finger with a wave as he thought back. "A few years ago maybe..." you stiffened.

There was a news article, almost seven years ago, that sent the tabloids into a frenzy, about the Symbol of Peace having a little girl, his supposed daughter, sent into the hospital with him during his scuffle with Chainsaw. In actuality, it was just after All Might's battle with All-for-One, someone had caught a picture of you being carried out of the hospital chopper and it was probably the biggest conspiracies on the News until your father ultimately shut it down as soon as he was out of the hospital.

The picture of you had been blurred, being considerably far when taken and it had a few hospital staff in the way, no one could've been able to tell it was you. Except the man who took it himself.

Your face paled and you chuckled lightly, visibly bothered. "You must have me confused with someone else," you said, Katsuki glanced between you and the tall, middle aged man, looking at you too fixated for his liking.

"No..." he shook his head, his eyes widening a fraction in recognition. "No, I don't think so."

Luckily the other reporters only thought this conversation to be pointless, having no idea what they were talking about, only proceeding to ask their questions rapidly.

You tore your eye's away from the reporter, Katsuki pulling you into him once again, glaring harshly at the man before you both crossed the schools entrance. You look over your shoulder, the man stood there amongst the other journalists, but he was looking directly at you, his eyes wide as if he found something no one else had, as the other continued to swarm the rest of the students one by one.

Your thoughts jumble, you swallow down the bubbling panic down your throat, you can't help the chill that passes over you, your head swarming with possibilities of this man realizing who exactly you are.

Katsuki nudged you as you crossed your arm's over your chest, "Hey," he frowned, then pointing a thumb backwards over his shoulder, "Who the hell was that? Was he bothering you?" His eyes narrowed, he stops in his tracks, taking your arm to anchor you down as your mind seemed to wander in front of him.

"I--I don't--I don't know," you can't help but look back towards the man, you see a camera lens dissappear into his palm, another merging through his cheekbone as he walks off away from the journalists, he's got a bigger story than this now. "I just--I think--I think he knows...he knows me," you never thought it would feel so frightening when you were finally recognized, acknowledged as All Might's daughter.

Katsuki doesn't understand at first, until he sees the expression on your face. "That you're his daughter?"

You nodded, biting down on your bottom lip.

"You don't known that, yet. He could know you from anywhere."

"Maybe...maybe you're right," you tried to assure yourself. "But, the way he looked at me..."

Katsuki glanced back at the crowd of journalists. "What's so bad about knowing who you are? You're All Might's daughter, so what?"

"You only say that because you've always known."

"And I didn't care when I found out," Katsuki huffed, your eye's shifting to look at him. "You were still the same clumsy shorty that hung around Deku all day."

You stared at him for a while, blinking in surprise, your heart skips a beat in your chest, before you're smiling. "Good to know you were never swayed by my name sake."

Katsuki scoffed. "You're an even bigger idiot if you think I'm that shallow."

You hummed, your gaze softening. "Even so, I'm glad you were there for me all those years."

He glanced down at you, "Don't get all emotional on me, now."

You giggled. "Shut up, I'm just telling you how I feel."

Katsuki's shoulders visibly relaxed, his eyes softening to which your eye's brightened, but he quickly recovered and stuffed his hands in his pockets before he smirked, smug. "I see you've finally realized how awesome I really am, huh?"

You rolled your eye's, unable to stop the humored smile that spread across your face. "Oh please."

You walked ahead of him, while he gapped at you, before huffing with a fist in the air. "Oi! You better say 'I'm the greatest' or else!"

You threw your hands up, your head going back as you spun around to him while still walking backwards, "I'm the greatest!" You whooped.

Katsuki grumbled. "That's not what I meant!"

You laughed.

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys," Aizawa said, the tired Pro-Hero stood in the front of the class as homeroom had begun. "I saw the video feeds and went over each of your teams results," he went on, before looking over at Katsuki, who was already frowning. "Bakugo, you're talented. So don't sulk like a child about your loss, ok?"

Katsuki scoffed, quietly. "Yeah, whatever."

"And Midoriya," The green haired, freckled boy stiffened instantly at his name. "I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again," Aizawa frowned, Izuku's head dropped to look down to his lap. "Work harder. And don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your quirk, that line is already getting old." Aizawa advised, "You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But, your quirk Wil be really useful when you get already handle on it."

Izuku's head lifts, a grin forming on his face at the sentence. "So, show a little urgency, huh?" Aizawa instructs.

"Right!"

Aizawa then turns the rest of the class. "This next task will determine the course of your future."

Everyone paled, a shiver rippling through the class at the thought of the next harsh assignment. Was it another combat training? Maybe survival testing? What if it was another Quirk Assessment test?

Is it another quirk test?!

"You all need to pick a class representative."

Oh good, just normal school stuff! The class atmosphere noticeably relaxed upon the relieving news.

Then...chaos.

"PICK ME GUYS I WANNA BE CLASS REP!"

"I'LL TAKE IT!"

"Yeah! You're gonna need me!"

"Someone with style would be bes--!"

"OVERHERE! I'D BE THE RIGHT PICK!"

Mineta started shouting about his decree to have all the class girls take off their skirts in class, something along those lines.

You looked around, glancing around your peers that were about to go at each others throats for each others votes. You sighed lightly, crossing one leg over the other, you hummed thoughtfully, who would I vote for? You wondered to yourself, you're not much for student governing, maybe next year you'd find the title more appealing.

"SILENCE! EVERYONE, PLEASE!" Iida's voice rang loud and clear over the others, everyone quieting to listen. "A class representatives duty is to lead others! That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of everyone in the classroom!" He informed, "therefore, the most logical way to fill this position is democratically! We will hold an election to choose our leader!" He announced, raising a firm hand in the air, his shoulder seemed to be about ready to dislocated from how far he was holding it in the air.

"It's pretty obvious you want us to vote for you."

"Is this really the best idea?" Kaminari questioned.

"We've only known each other a few days, how would we know who we can trust?" Tsuyu wondered aloud.

"Yeah, besides everyone would just vote for themselves," Kirishima pointed out.

Iida nodded. "Most people will, but that means the person who does receive multiple votes must truly be the most suitable person for the job." Iida turned to Aizawa, who had already zipped himself up in his sleeping bag. "It's the best way, right sir?"

"Do what you want," Aizawa said, falling backwards to sleep. "Just decided before my naps over."

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRUST!"

You've gotta be kidding...

"How the hell did I get 3 votes?" You muttered to yourself as you stared in disbelief at the score board.

Izuku was just below you in ranking. "How did I get 2 votes!" His nerves elicits a shiver of anxiety that crawls up his spine as he gaps in shock.

"Alright, who voted for him?!" Katsuki stood up from his seat, fuming.

"What?" Kaminari smirked. "Did you honestly think anybody was going to vote for you?"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Ochaco whistles quietly behind you. I'll just keep my vote to myself.

Iida clenched his fists, gritting his teeth as his pride is tested as he looks at the score board. "Zero votes!" He groaned through his teeth to himself. "I feared this might happen...but I can't argue with the system I chose!"

You glanced at Iida. He voted for someone else?

Next thing you knew, you were standing next to a shaking Izuku, who's nerves were getting to him standing in front of the entire class. Aizawa boredly spoke, now getting up from his nap. "Alright, the Class Rep is Yagi. And our deputy is Midoriya," he informed the class.

Izuku continued to anxiously shiver. "Really? It's not as mistake?"

You couldn't deny that you'd rather anyone else to be up here in your place, you hated the attention already. "Seriously, couldn't we tally these up again?" You wondered, your gaze flickering to the ceiling, to the window, to the floor, you didn't know who to look at and if you did you didn't want to look at someone for too long and it'd be weird, but then there's 20 other eyes staring at you and you can't look at them all at once because you're omly one person. You clenched your fingers into your palms, you couldn't wait to go back to you're seat or out of this classroom, the nerves from Izuku was getting to you now.

"This isn't so bad!" Tsuyu commented.

"Yeah, I think (y/n)'ll be pretty manly as the Rep!" Kirishima said.

"I could get by on Midoriya, he was pretty resourceful during the combat training."

Izuku still shook beside you, you glanced over at him before placing in a hand on his arm, to which he looked over at you. You smiled as comfortingly as you could, despite your own nerves, he relaxed noticeably.

The class talked on and on about their thoughts, until the bell rang for lunch.

The dining area was packed, filling ever available seat, students from 1-B, 1-C, the support team and your own class, our didn't remember it being this full yesterday.

You carried your lunch in your hand, holding the platter against your belly as you walked besides Shouto, "The cafeteria is packed today," you hummed as you both looked around for an open seat.

"All the other classes must have filed in before us."

You blew a strand of loose hair from your face, "It seems so," you agreed.

He then looked at you. "So, what will you now? Now, that you're class rep?"

You cringed at the title, before sighing heavily. "I have no idea. I did the even think I'd get the job, it's so much pressure already and I haven't even been given a job to do yet!"

"Well, you can work well under pressure. That's why I voted for you," Shouto admitted, blatantly.

You gaped, turning the him. "You voted for me?"

He nodded. "I had forgotten how shy you were in crowds, however."

You blushed heavily at how blunt he said it, "Shou--."

"But, you'd still make a great leader regardless."

He smiled lightly at you, which made your shoulder's lift, your face reddening as you smiled softly. Before you could say anything else, Katsuki had an arm around your shoulders, "Oi!" He greeted, although glaring directly at Shouto over your head. "Half and half," he grumbled.

"Bakugo," Shouto's gaze drifted to the arm the boy had looped around you, back to his face, his eyes narrowing as his grip on his tray tightened.

You glanced between the two, before shaking your head. Until you all came across Izuku as he walked over, smiling widely at the sight of you. "Zuku!"

"(Y/n)-chan!" You all stopped in your small group, slipping from between the two glaring boys to come beside him.

Izuku blushed instantly, before glancing behind you to Katsuki and Shouto, who had momentarily stopped their mental argument to look at you. "Er, do you wanna sit together?" He asked, quickly.

You grinned. "Yeah! Come on, let's all find a seat," you said.

"Hey, don't hog her, deku!"

"I wasn't, I promise!"

"Bakugo, you should refrain from shoving everyone."

"You talking to me, half and half bastard?!"

"Guys, I think we should all just calm down. You'll hurt (y/n)-chan!"

"Shut up, deku!"

"Must you be so impolite?"

"You too, icy hot!"

"What's will all the nicknames?" You wondered, silently. Standing off to the side as the three continued to argue amongst each other. You sighed, opting to stand there and wait for them to finish so you could all eat together..

"Ya know, we can all just sit together," you pointed out.

They all turned to you, rather surprised. "Huh?"

"Was that really not an option for you guys?" You questioned, raising a brow.

"I'm not sitting with Deku!"

"Bakugo's company can be rather unpleasant."

"(Y/n)-chan, I'm not sure that'll be a great idea."

You shook your head, "you guys'll have to learn to get along, sometime," you sighed, before turning to walk deeper into the cafeteria. "Come on, before the seats are all taken!"

The boys stayed quietly for a moment, before moving to follow her, Izuku jogging after you eagerly, "You still wanna sit with us?"

"The days not really fulfilling if I didn't," you giggled fondly.

Katsuki and Shouto coming up behind you, the boys surrounding you as if basking in your presence, "You can't handle staying away from me, can you?" Katsuki smirked, teasingly.

"Now, you're pushing it," you snickered as you glanced up at him through your lashes.

Shouto shook his head. "I think she could live without your shouting for a day."

You laughed, Katsuki balling up his fist as he barked at the boy, who smirked faintly, Izuku sweatdropping a little at the situation, however lightening up at your giggles.

"Ooh! There's a table!" You pointed to the near corner table.

You all going over, you were just about to place your tray down, when you were spun around by Mina, who was smiling widely at you , as if having been looking for you.

"There you are!" The pink skinned girl exclaimed, relieved.

"Hi, Mina," you beamed, "What's--oook!" You yelped lightly as Momo came up next to you, smiling as well, dragging you with them both.

"Come sit with us!"

"Oh, but I just--" they cut you off.

Mina slipped her arm around yours. "Don't worry, they'll be fine."

"Oi! What's the big deal?!" Katsuki glared.

"Oh, don't worry, we'll have her back after lunch!" Momo waved with her back turned, carelessly.

And they were left just like that, sulking as you left the table.

"Hi, guys," you sat down at the table, another girl Jirou beside you as Momo and Mina took their seats next to invisible girl and Ochaco.

"(Y/n)! You made it!" Ochaco beamed.

"You must be Yagi (y/n)!" The invisible girls clothing shifted, her arms going up and you imagined she had amazing excited smile on her face. "You were so awesome during the training! I'm Toru hagakure!"

"Nice to meet you, Hagakure," you smiled, "I've never met an invisible person before, although given I probably wouldn't have known," you giggled, she happily chuckled.

"Hey, I'm Jirou," the purple hair girl with earphone Jacks jangling from her earlobes waved.

"Hi," you greeted before leaning forwards, awe-filled at her earphones, "that's so cool, you project sound waves through these right?"

Jirou chuckled, alittle flustered, twirling her earphone with her finger. "Yeah, they can do just about anything, besides fire concussive blasts," she chuckled, you hummed, amused.

"So, (y/n)-chan, What're you gonna do now that you're Class rep?" Momo wondered.

"Yeah! It must be so exciting for you," Mina added.

"I don't know, it's kind of a big step already. I'm not sure what to do yet," you shrugged, huffing thoughtfully.

"Well, you should be great. You were amazing in the combat training, you made quick decisions and you seem to get along great with everyone," Momo complimented.

You looked at her, "Aw, Yaomomo, thanks, but I don't know if I'm right for the position. At least not this year," you admitted. "I think someone who can decently take charge would be better, like you or Iida."

Momo hummed, blushing lightly. "I must admit, I do fit the leadership role," she placed a hand on her chest.

You giggled. "You certainly do."

After a few more moments of talking, suddenly Jirou was interrupted by a sudden sharp ringing that echoed through the entire cafeteria out the U.A. central hallway. You all looked up, your eye's instantly going wide before narrowing, "What is that?" Hagakure questioned aloud, everyone beginning to stand to their feet.

An alarm?

"There's been a Level 3 security breach," The alarm system blared calmly, all students taken off guard. "All students please evacuate to the outdoors promptly."

"What's a level 3 security breach?" You quickly questioned an upperclassman.

"It means someone's been able to break past the schools barriers, it's never happened in my three years here!" He answered, standing to leave.

Mina and the rest of you all stood to evacuate with the rest of the student body. You glanced back as people began running and shoving people around, looking around round for the familiar shades of green, blonde and dual colored hair in the crowd. But, as people began to force one another out of the cafeteria, you could only follow out the doorway.

The hallway was much worse.

The tight space for more than a hundred students made it hard to move with so many people in between, people shoving shuns forcing themselves through the tight gaps of their peers to get outside to safety.

"Hey, quit shoving!"

"Get outta the way!"

"Shit--what the hell, you're stepping on my foot!"

"Move it already!"

You were being pushed around, like everyone else, students were in Ina heavy panic that made everyone else soon lose their cool and think the worst of the situation. No one was sure what was going on, besides the fact that you were all told to evacuate.

Wincing as someone stepped on your foot, you were pushed against another student as your balance shifted, you groaned while everyone kept trying trying to move forwards. The large group of students were only blocking out the doorway, students piling around each other.

You gasped in surprise when you felt a hand around your wrist, a light tug from between a few other students, and you were being pulled to the side. "(Y/n)-chan!" You recognized Izuku's voice before seeing him as he pulled you into him, beside a window, a small curved inner wall that Izuku turned to corner you into.

He places his hands on either side of you, just alittle above your head, he presses himself against you, chest to chest, he glances back to the student body as they continue to push and shove, he shifts every once and a while as he tries to keeps himself in place, shielding you from the crowd. Your eye's widening at this, a familiar heat crawling up your face, Izuku's protecting you from the stampede of students. The boy may be slightly shorter than Bakugo and Shouto but he still takes up most of your own frame, seeing as your still slightly smaller than him, he shifts and unconsciously moves closer.

You don't mind the enclosing space, to your surprise, however as he gets closer, you begin to notice the way his arm's tense up with every shift, the subtle sway of his dark green hair, his big green eyes that reflected a darker tone against the light as they turn back to look at you.

The crowd is getting larger until he's forced to balance himself onto his forearms as the student population blocks out the exit and people begin to pile around each other. You're suddenly really close, he begins to realize as he's pushed up against you, unable to give any space between the two of you besides the space between his face and yours. He can't say anything as his cheeks begin to redden, your eye's linking as he feels your hands on his torso, holding onto the front of his blazer as his hips are forced into yours.

"Iz--Izuku," your face is flustered, your eye's drifting to the side.

Izuku presses his lips together, he swallows, you haven't said his first name fully in a while, but even so, the way you said it made his breathing hitch. "(Y-y/n)-chan," he breathed, a small strain in his voice as the hallway got tighter and together, pushing the two of you closer.

Your gaze suddenly tears away, however as your attention is taken to Iida that had somehow begun to maneuver himself into the air, floating above the rest of the students. "Iida?" You questioned, confused. Izuku glances back, before exclaiming in surprise.

"What's he doing?"

Suddenly, Iida uses his calve engine boosters which backfires without steady ground, he's sent flipping uncontrollably through the air, towards the upper wall above the exit. He hits the solid wall, balancing his shaking legs on the door crease to steady himself away bnh holding onto the upper pipe, his body turned and angled like the silhouette of the emergency exit.

"EVERYONE CALM DOWN!" At his booming voice above everyone else's, the student body's gaze goes up to his, having caught their attention, he continues. "IT'S JUST THE MEDIA OUTSIDE! THERE'S NOTHING TO PANIC ABOUT! EVERYTHING'S FINE!" He turned his head alittle more easily to face the students, who had become considerably calm. "THIS IS U.A.! LET US ACT IN A WAY BENEFITTING THE BEST OF THE BEST!"

You smile, as does Izuku, Iida had taken things into his own hands and led like a leader should've, he was able to get everyone's attention and calm the situation down.

"Hey, the police are here!"

Afterwards, everyone leaves he building in an orderly fashion, Iida coming down from the emergency exit sign.

In the end, you decided to give the Class Representative position to Iida, after his role during the evacuation, you knew he'd be a better fit for taking charge and becoming a true leader in perilous times.

Izuku had decided to give his own position to Yaoyorozu, seeing that many of his classmates had trusted her to knowledgeably explain and consider their training results during Combat training, impressing them enough that he knew she'd be able to lead them through anything with wise judgement.

Aizawa explained, next, our following up training exercise.

Rescue Training!

"Shipwrecks, disasters and everything in between!" He announced as he held up the title card, before placing it down as the class began to hype up for today's training. "You can choose to wear your costumes or not today, but this training will take place off-campus," following that, the side wall opened up to reveal the metal suit cases that held our costumes. "Because there are costumes that probably limit your abilities too. Since we'll be off-campus, we'll be taking a bus," he then began to walk off to the side to allow the class to retrieve their costumes. "That is all. Start getting ready."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.9K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
407K 16.5K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
14.8K 1.1K 23
You awaken one day with virtually no memories. The only thing guiding you is some strange system that likes to dictate your every move, and for some...
35.1K 2.1K 47
[Please refrain from reading this fic. It's old, and I had no idea what I was doing. You will cringe at my writing. Please do yourself a favor here.]...