HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 20

4.6K 157 0
By Nyanya_Writes

JANE'S POV

Soon after Claudius dropped me off , l rushed into my room and locked myself in. I was a nervous mess. My emotions were all over the place. My mind was foggy with confusion and a headache had begun.

I wanted to be left alone. I needed space to think this thing through. I leaned on my bedroom door for a moment as l took in huge breaths to steady myself.

My hands were trembling so much. Luckily , everyone had already gone to sleep when l arrived. I wasn't in a condition to see anyone. One look at their loving faces , l knew l would break down into a sobbing mess.

My family was convinced that l had finally moved past Ferracco's ultimate betrayal and l didn't want to disappoint them again. We were finally a normal and happy family . l wouldn't want to ruin that for anything.

I moved away from the door on trembling legs and dropped my clutch on the bed. I began pacing the room thinking.

What if it was merely a coincidence?

What if l am being paranoid for nothing?

I couldn't bear this insecurity , these suspicions anymore. I was getting tired of these " what if " thoughts. I wanted peace for myself. I couldn't be a good mother to Elena if my mind was always plagued with bitterness and depression. For once l wanted to be a happy mother to her.

That was the least l could do for my daughter who meant the world to me. With a sudden determination , l rummaged through my clutch for my cellphone until l located it. I dialled the number of the person whom l knew would help me to get rid of my suspicions.

Felicia picked up on the third ring and l silently thanked my lucky stars. I was anxious to get this thing done and over with.

"Hie Felicia. I am sorry for calling this late but l desperately need your help," l quickly said.

There was a brief moment of silence from the other end before a husky voice came through.

" It's okay . What do you want ? "

I heard her sleepy yawn. She must have been asleep before l disturbed her.

" l need that private investigator's number ."

"What ! ," she nearly screamed over the phone. I guess she was now fully awake judging by her usual high pitched voice.

"I need the number of that private investigator you used on your husband a year ago," l explained to her.

"I heard you well the first time. What l mean is why do you need Santiago's number?," she asked me in a shocked and suspicious voice.

I rolled my eyes at her outburst though she couldn't see me. Felicia with her interrogations! She was like some mother hen. I blew away a strand of hair on my face feeling bored.

" Stop asking silly questions , Felicia. Just forward the number to my phone ," l answered in a weary voice.

" Wait! Is Claudius already cheating on you! It's barely a month since you guys started dating!," she cried out.

I had to put my phone a bit far to avoid damage to my precious ears.

" It's not that ."

"Then why the hell do you need Santiago for?," she asked in a serious voice.

It was nearly impossible to keep a secret from her. I ran a hand through my blond hair for the umpteenth time,  feeling nervous of what l was about to do.

" l saw someone who looked like Ferracco. I need to investigate him to be sure it's not another version of Ferracco with a plastic surgery. "

The words felt stupid as they rolled off my tongue. Surely Felicia must be thinking that l am going insane. I heard her gasp loudly from the other end.

" Are you sure you are not making a mistake? Because if this thing blows off, you will be sued for stalking," she exclaimed in disbelief.

I blew out a breath in exasperation. I knew it was going to be hard to convince other people of my assumptions. They were probably going to think that grief had finally made me insane. That's why l chose to spare my family of this matter.

" My gut feeling tells me it's him! , " l quickly defended myself.

I heard her sigh in defeat. I could imagine her rolling her eyes at my stubbornness.

" So who are you suspecting?,  " she asked in a weary voice.

I hesitated for a moment before sarcastically saying,

" Lucas Moretti !"

I already detested the name. Felicia gasped out loud at my words.

                                                ****

There were so many thoughts flying around my head as l laid in my bed that night. I tossed and turned multiple times in my blankets. I was having a hard time sleeping. My phone beeped on the bedside table and I reached for it.

Felicia had sent me Santiago's contact.

" Thanks. I owe you one," l typed back.

" Anything for you , sweetheart. Just don't do anything stupid. I know you can be a bit impulsive."

A smile broke out on my face. She was one hell of a good friend. She was always looking out for me.

" l promise l won't. "

I replaced the phone on the bedside table. I curled myself into a tight ball and snuggled deep into the warm blankets. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again. Just when l was dozing off , l heard the door slightly creak open and l immediately woke up with a start.

The moon casted a pale light on Elena's small silhouette standing in the doorway. I quickly sat up and switched on the bedside lamp. A golden glow flooded the room.

My heart clenched in pain when l saw her. Tears were rolling down her chubby cheeks.

"Elena baby! What's wrong? ," l asked in a voice laced with worry .

She bursted into more tears. I opened my arms for her and she rushed into them sobbing. Her small arms wrapped around me so tightly. I cradled her small head on my chest and stroked her long ,dark hair,pressing light kisses all over her hair.

"It's okay sweetheart. You will be fine," l murmured against her hair as l blinked back my own tears.

Elena rarely cried. So l wondered what could have set her off the edge for her to cry like that. When she eventually calmed down, l tucked her in my blankets and wrapped my arms around her. I pressed a small kiss on her forehead.

" Tell mummy why you were crying earlier. You know how much l hate to see my baby girl sad, right? , " l said softly.

She raised her teary dark eyes to me and l noticed her lower lip trembling again like she was going to cry again.

" l had a scary nightmare , mummy. "

" Tell me about it."

Her eyes started to darken with tears again.

" Some giant scary monster was pulling me away from you. I was very scared," she said tearfully.

I wiped away a rolling tear on her cheeks and gathered her in my arms again.

" It's only a dream, baby. No one will ever separate us ," l assured her.

" Daddy is watching over us from the stars right?"

My heart skipped a beat. I gulped nervously. When Elena started asking why she was the only kid in class whose dad didn't show up on school events , l decided to tell her that her daddy died when she was still a little baby. I still painfully remembered how she had laid in her bed crying when l told her that.

" Mummy! "

Her voice broke into my thoughts. She was looking at me with her big , puppy eyes. I smiled widely at her.

" Who told you that?"

Her lips curled into a small smile.

" Grandma told me that when good people die they become a star . She told me that even if my dad is not here , he is still watching over us from the stars. "

I found myself smiling again. My baby was all grown up and l didn't realise it. I did not regret telling Elena that her father was dead. She was better off not knowing that bastard was still alive . My daughter deserved better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 486 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...
3.9K 185 20
"We all are sinners, but the best of us are those who repent" She's was a perfect Muslimah, what made her do it?. What made her make the worst mis...
80.2K 2.1K 71
Annalise Dolan. Once I was girl with dreams and better hope for the future. But everything got snatched away from me by father and her lover. He tain...
391K 12.1K 50
Mattia My Angel flew away. I broke her so she risked death to escape The years are long without her and my little sweet pea One phone call changes...