Loving You

By coffeeshopsoundtrax

Carter Miller, is a freshman at UNC. Attempting to run away from her small town in New Hampshire with her bes... More

Warnings & Being Respectful
Dedication
Playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER: THE PROPOSAL
BONUS CHAPTER II: Engagement Party
BOOK II OF YOU & BASKETBALL SERIES

60

24.9K 671 396
By coffeeshopsoundtrax

I watch my girl through my sunglasses as she walks out of the ocean with Braden. Her tiny, barely there, black bikini fits her like a second skin that I have Lacey to thank for. Tori hands Carter's sunglasses to her as she heads my way. I look over her body in appreciation. She is all smiles as she shoves Braden away from her. He shakes out his dark hair laughing too.

"Hi," she says as I sit up. She leans down giving my lips a quick peck before sitting on the edge of the chair. I grab her hips sitting her down on my lap. She laughs putting her hands on my shoulders.

"You look sexy," I tell her as she shifts on my lap. I resist the urge to groan as my dick perks up. She smirks at me leaning down to press a kiss to my lips.

"Thanks, Babe. But paws off we are in public," she says pulling away from my lips. I groan again and rest my head on the back of the lounge chair. Yesterday was fucking insane. We beat Villanova and took home a championship. To say having Carter there made it even better would be an understatement. The biggest understatement. She was one of the first ones onto the court considering the seats I managed to snag her.

While getting elbowed in the face and having to get stitches last night was not the best, it was all worth it.

"How are you feeling?" Carter asks pulling me away from my thoughts. I shrug my shoulders as I watch her look over my swollen cheek. Luckily he didn't give me a concussion and the steri strips were enough to hold the wound close for me to finish the game. After the game I had to get it stitched up but it still hurts like a bitch.

"I'm fine. Stop worrying so much," I tell her squeezing her bare hip. She sighs rolling her pretty eyes at me. I take my sunglasses off and point to my cheek, "See all good."

"It does not look good," she says putting emphasize on the good. I frown at her as she flicks her eyes back to mine. "I'm sorry, I'll stop worrying. Just don't ever do that again."

"Yes because I wanted Jenkins to clock me in the face with his elbow," I tell her. She flicks my shoulder rolling her eyes at me. Jenkins, number 22 on Villanova, is just a dick and a sore loser who probably won't even be drafted into the NBA.

"Don't be a dick."

"Yeah don't be a dick, Ashy," Trey chimes in sitting on the chair next to us. I flip him off pushing my sunglasses back down over my eyes. I'm pissed I can't sit in the sun nor can I go in the ocean because of my stitches but at least I can sit in the shade.

"Thank you, Trey," she says with a smile. I am about to defend myself when I hear a loud bang behind us followed by a lot of cursing.

"I am so sorry! Oh my gosh," I hear Julie's voice an octave higher than usual. Trey whips around and Carter is biting her lip to keep from laughing. I glance back. I see Julie trying to pick up broken glass and an annoyed waiter. Trey sighs setting his beer bottle down next to us as he walks over to them. I glance up at Carter as she pouts looking at the two of them.

"They are so gonna do it," Carter hums tangling her fingers through my hair. I glance up at her the freckles more prominent on her tanner skin. Her hazel eyes are looking at Trey and Julie. Robbie and Rae laugh looking at the scene.

"Should we make bets?" I ask her as she finally glances down at me. She wiggles her eyebrows at me. "I say they won't actually get together until we get married."

"Excuse me?" Carter asks looking taken back. I nod my head at her as I bring her closer to me. Her pretty face breaks out into her smile that I love. "Marry? Me?"

"No the waitress, yes you," I tell her as her smile becomes even bigger. My chest tightens as I watch how happy she is. I could see myself marrying her one day even if it isn't soon, in the future I will.

"Hm, fine I'll take that bet. I say they get together by the time I graduate," Carter says glancing behind me again. She holds up her pinky, "Do we have a bet?"

I join my pinky with hers and we kiss on it.

"Alright fuckers, we should get ready for the bars," Tori says standing in front of us with Braden and Jeremy. Trey and Julie walk up next to us with Julie on Trey's arm. Carter hops off of my lap making me frown as she claps her hands. I check my Apple Watch and realize we all should probably get ready. The boys and I have something special planned for the girls so it is going to take us longer to get ready than usual.

"We are probably going to stay here for awhile," I lie. They would know something is up if we went and got ready now.

"We kind of assumed since we take a good four hours to get ready," Rae states shrugging her shoulder. Tori and Carter both exchange a look and then look back at Rae.

"Correction you and Lacey take a good four hours, Tori, Julie, and I do not take as long," Carter says pointing a finger in Rae's direction. Rae makes an offended face but doesn't say anything.

"Alright say bye to your lover boys I am going up now to take a nap," Tori states pointing at Carter and Rae.

"Ooo me too! Get me away from the bar," Julie giggles pushing away from Trey. He frowns but doesn't say anything. She latches onto Tori who raises her eyebrows at Julie who is giggling her head off. I rarely ever see Julie drunk but I am glad she is letting loose and having fun. Tori and Julie walks away from us as Braden shoots Trey a smug smile.

"Shut the fuck up, Braden," Trey says pointing a finger at him. Carter laughs loudly before turning her attention away from Braden and Trey, who are now arguing. She pecks my lips quickly before shooting me a smirk.

"I'll see you soon, love you," she says grabbing her bag from next to my chair. "Ice your eye please and thank you."

"I will, Baby. Love you," I say giving her ass a small tap. She shoots me a glare but a smile is playing on her lips as her and Rae walk away. Jeremy sits on the lounge chair next to me in amusement. Trey and Braden are still bitching at each other.

"Hey dumb and dumber, we have to get ready," Robbie says keeping his voice low just incase Carter and Rae are still close by. Braden groans while Trey looks utterly excited. I am not. I cannot believe we are even doing this for them. They lost the bet fair and square but Trey and Jeremy thought it'd be fun. Let me tell you not fucking fun trying to find dresses and shoes for 6'6 basketball players.

"I fucking forgot about it, can we just not? Trey and Jeremy got it," Braden says. Trey slaps the back of his head as Braden makes a noise. I resist the urge to laugh as I cross my arms over my inked chest.

"No fuckface, we all do this, now let's get this shit over with," Jeremy states standing up from the chair. I sigh, this can't be that hard?

__________________________

How do they do this?

"Bros, I don't know if I can fucking do this," Braden says flipping his black hair wing. I have to literally bite my fist to not laugh at how fucking ridiculous we all look. Even finding dresses in our fucking size was hard. I tried my best to squeeze into one of Carter's but my thigh fit in it and that's about it. So, I am wearing a god awful purple dress with a brown curly haired wing.

And I am one ugly fucking women. It does not help the black eye and stitches I am serving that is for sure.

Braden has a black curly haired wig with a red dress on and some black heels. Finding heels that fit our feet was ALSO a task in its fucking self. I'm pretty sure the sales lady either knew it was for ourselves.

"I look smoking," Trey says flipping his straight haired platinum blonde wig. He honestly doesn't look all that bad but his muscles, thigh tattoos, and hairy legs really are the key give away. He went with a bold gold dress. Robbie and Jeremy both stuck with black dresses and brunette wigs.

All in all we are a sight to fucking see.

"I think I'm going to kill Tori," Robbie states looking at himself over in the mirror. He turns around way too quickly and stumbles on his heels. I hold back laughter while Braden is too busy checking himself out in the mirror.

"Let's just get this shit over with," Jeremy grumbles walking out of the bathroom. Trey flips his hair dramatically and I genuinely think he is enjoying this shit.

"Trey is there anything you want to tell us?" Robbie asks walking up to the door. Trey gives him a look and flips his hair again.

"I'm pretty girl," he says with not a single joking facial expression.

"I think the makeup fumes have went straight to your fucking head," Braden says shoving him out the door. We follow the two of them down the hallway and of course there are a lot of fucking people in our hallway. Not to mention the stares and laughs we are getting. Thank God none of our other teammates are out of their rooms right now or we would never live this down.

Braden violently presses the elevator door, "I'm gonna kill them."

He flips his hair over his shoulder as Robbie narrows his eyes at him, "You didn't have to do this."

"Yeah well I am masculine enough to do this so shut the fuck, Rob," Braden bitches at him. I lean against the wall of the elevator and roll my eyes at them.

"Ladies, ladies, no need for a...catfight," Trey says wrapping his arms around their shoulders. He has a shit eating grin on his face as all of us glare at him. I don't think anyone is happy about doing this right now and I am also pretty sure people are taking pictures of us.

"We are the worse Drag Queens ever," Jeremy states as the elevator finally fucking dings. We all shuffle, I mean shuffle because none of us can walk in these heels. Braden presses the lobby button and we all stand in the elevator in silence. I am avoiding looking at the elevator doors because if I see my reflection right now I think I'm going to start laughing.

"It's showtime boys!" Trey claps shoving past us. I stumble into Braden who stumbles into Robbie who eats absolute shit on the elevator floor just as the doors open. I am standing like an idiot trying not to fall on my eyes as I make direct eye contact with Tori.

"No way," she says as she punches Carter's shoulder. I hear Robbie groaning from behind me as he crawls out of the elevator. Carter is about to yell at Tori but she does a double take jaw dropped.

"I-" she says shaking her head. We all stumble out of the elevator as the girls and everyone else in this damn lobby stares at us.

"No one say a word unless they want to be tackled," Braden says pointing especially at Tori. She is biting her lip to keep herself from laughing as I make my way to Carter. She has the biggest smirk on her face and I know she is trying not to laugh at me.

"Can you please put my shit in your purse?" I ask Carter as he bites her lip. Her dimples are out and if I wasn't so annoyed about this outfit, I would be laughing with her. She's wearing a tight black skirt that is tied up on the side with a silver string with sparkly heels and a strapless black crop top.

"Why don't you have your own?" she asks me with a cheeky smile. I glare at her handing over my phone and wallet. "I have an extra."

"Carter," I warn her. She just busts out laughing all over again grabbing my phone and wallet and putting it into her shiny purse. I can hear the girls snickering at us, Tori especially.

"Why are they dressed like that?" Julie asks rather loudly making everyone laugh again. Her eyes widen as if she didn't mean to say it out loud which I am assuming she didn't. "Shit, I didn't mean to-"

"Your little friend made the dare," Braden says pointing an accusing finger at Tori. She gasps holding a hand across her bronze chest.

"Fuck you Braden, we lost, you didn't have to do this. Unless there's something you want to tell us?" Tori asks in a matter of fact tone. Braden rolls his eyes at her and is about to say something but is cutoff.

"The hostility in here is very unappreciated. Now, bars?" Lacey states pointing towards the exit. She has been very quiet recently and I don't know if it's because she finally realized she is not hot shit or what. Carter said Braden did take a toll on her but then again she was a bitch through the whole thing.

"Yes. I need to be drunk to forget what I am wearing," Jeremy says with a deep sigh. Rae snorts as she looks over his outfit.

"Better make sure none of you actually forget and hit on girls," Tori laughs making all of us groan once again. She pats Robbie and I on the back as she intertwines her arm with Lacey's walking in front of us.

"Ready Anna?" Carter's voice asks from beside me. Now that I am heels too she is even shorter than before, it is actually kind of funny to see how short she is even with heels on.

"Who the fuck is Anna?"

"Your girl name, it suites you," she giggles grabbing my hand. I flip my hair over my shoulder and make a dramatic high pitched gasp. This is going to be a long fucking night.

We have been at the bar for a few hours and my feet are screaming. Actually screaming. I don't know how Carter and the rest of them wear these. I am sitting at the bar with Braden and Robbie. Tori, Lacey, Carter and Rae are dancing closely in front of us having the time of their lives. Julie and Trey ran off somewhere in the bar with some couple. I took my wig off a couple of hours ago but Robbie and Braden are still going strong with the wig.

Braden taps my shoulder as I bring my eyes away from girlfriend and to Braden. He tips his beer bottle in a certain direction. I follow his beer and see a tall dude looking at us.

"He has been eyeing me for the past hour," Braden says making Robbie laugh loudly. I roll my eyes at him bringing my beer to my lips.

"That's bullshit," I tell him shaking my head. He shakes his right back not believing us. I bring my beer bottle to my lips again but pause. I see the guy making a beeline towards us as my eyes widen.

"No fucking way," Robbie says as the girls head our way. I laugh shaking my head taking another sip of my beer. This should be fucking amazing.

"Hey," the guy says nodding at Robbie and I but keeping his eyes on Braden. Braden shifts in his seat looking over the guy.

""Look, I respect you hella but I did this as I dare and I love pussy,"," Braden says all too quickly as the guy rests a hand on the bar top next to us. Lacey and Carter's jaws are dropped to the floor looking at the scene in front of us.

"Let me know if you ever swing the other way," he says casually nodding his head at Braden. He shoots him a wink before tapping him on shoulder and walking away.

Carter and Rae are hysterically laughing at the scene and even Lacey looks amused. Tori is about to say something to Braden but he holds up a hand.

"I don't know how to take that. But I think it's time for me to leave," Braden says flipping his hair over his shoulder. Robbie and I can't even respond to him as Tori offers him the rest of her drink. She's hysterically laughing too as Carter comes in front of me laughing. Braden steps again but loses a shoe in the process. Tori and Carter are hysterical all over again as Braden cures. "Fucking hell."

He chucks his other shoe on the ground and shoots everyone around him daggers.

"Oh that was priceless," Tori laughs wiping from under her eyes. Braden does not look happy as he rips the wig off but nobody gives him a second glance in the club. Carter is still laughing hysterically as Tori walks off to probably find Julie, Trey, and Jeremy.

"Ready Anna?" Carter asks me with a smug smile on her face. I give her a hair flip before grabbing her hand. She stumbles a little in her heels as I tighten my grip on her. "We should have dressed up like dudes, less heels."

"Oh you're complaining?" I ask her tossing my wig at her. She laughs loudly setting her drink down onto the bar. I grab her hand and lead her out towards the exit of the bar. The night is cool but still humid as hell. Trey stumbles past us with Julie and shoots us a thumbs up. I laugh loudly shaking my head at the two of them. They are pretty drunk tonight and honestly, it is kind of nice not being the wasted couple of the group.

We walk through the lobby of our hotel. We all already decided who gets which room and I got Robbie's and I room tonight. Thank you Siri for flipping the coin. We all part our separate ways on the elevator as Carter and I head to our room. I unlock the door and toss my wig and heels I will never wear again into the corner.

"Tonight was fun," Carter hums as she falls back onto the hotel room bed. I give her a look making her chuckle, "I would just like to put it out there that you are one ugly ass girl."

I gasp acting like I am offended as I try to find the makeup wipes Carter left here the other day. She laughs again as she points to the bedside table where the blue package is sitting. Carter grabs one and tosses them to me.

"Thanks and also I now have huge respect for you girls when you go out," I tell her heading over to my suitcase grabbing shorts and a tee shirt. I toss Carter the tee shirt.

"As you should," she tells me laughing. I laugh too because tonight has been absolutely ridiculous. Actually this whole weekend has been insane. I won a National Championship. That is fucking insane. I shake my head as I walk to the bathroom to let Carter change.

After I have changed back into my regular clothing and gotten the stupid fucking makeup off, I finally can climb into bed with Carter. She's still in her dress and she is sprawled out across the bed making me laugh. I grab her arm lightly and she moans in response. I chuckle at her brushing pieces of hair out of her face. I notice her face bare of any makeup and smile, at least I don't have to take off another thing of makeup.

"Baby, don't you want to be comfortable?" I ask her kneeling beside the bed. She shakes her head at me burying herself deeper into the hotel bed. I laugh again at her sighing as I pull her towards the edge of the bed. She doesn't resist me letting me pull her towards me. I am at eye level with her now and she opens those beautiful light eyes of hers.

"Hi," she says with a bright smile on her lips. She sits up leaning her head on her hand. She's studying me and I do the same ignoring the fact that her boob is falling out of her dress. "I love you."

I chuckle at her leaning in to kiss her lips. She kisses me back lightly before pulling away from me with a lazy grin on her face her eyes glassy from all the tequila she drank. "I love you more."

"Not possible," she says pushing against my bare chest with her free hand. I catch it before she has the chance to pull it away and press a kiss to her palm. She giggles making my chest tighten but in a good way. Her brown hair is a mess, her brown eyes giving away the fact that she is drunk, and she still somehow looks perfect. She is everything I could have asked for and more. I don't think she will ever fully understand how I do love her and I will spend every minute trying to show her that.

"Loving you is the best thing I ever decided to do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 7.6K 53
- F I U F A M I L Y S E R I E S - Book 2 - can be read as stand alone Tori Quinn - the beautiful new girl on campus who has one rule; she doesn't dat...
Chasing You By Abbey

General Fiction

299K 10.3K 59
Lacey White does what she wants and when she wants to do it. Although, her tactics may have gotten her into some trouble last year when she decided t...
735K 19.7K 72
Ever since Jaylen was younger, the only thing in his mind was basketball. Win championships throughout school, then, eventually, get drafted into the...
2.1M 56.4K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...