Hustla (BOOK ONE)

By WrittenByKalifa

***WARNING: THIS STORY INCLUDES MATURE CONTENT AND VIOLENCE**** Aaliyah don't wanna hear about nothing unless... More

Chapter 1
QUICK NOTE
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
ADDITIONAL CHACTERS
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
HUSTLA 2 is OUT NOW!πŸ’›

Chapter 68

4.8K 204 18
By WrittenByKalifa

The next day, Aaliyah walked into the kitchen that afternoon to get a water bottle. As she did that, she got a call on her cell. It was Dre.

Aaliyah answered the call and said yes to the call.

"Liyah", Dre said frustration.

"Before you start I was busy last night", Aaliyah said "I did just become a club owner"

"A club owner that never lets that phone leave her side", Dre said. "Jay said something was wrong. What's up"

Aaliyah made a face. "What did he say?", she asked.

"Nothing. He just said something was wrong", Dre said.

"Nothing is wrong", Aaliyah said. "I'm fine"

Dre was quiet.

"Just a lot going on that's all", Aaliyah said.

"Yea...just do what I told you to do and everything will be fine", he said. "I'll be out and on probation"

"You think that you being in jail is the only thing on my mind? I can't even leave the house without watching my back. I still feel a hole in my chest". Aaliyah said.

"I never said this was just about me", he said.

Aaliyah sighed and changed that subject. "I sell the business, then what? You go broke?", she asked.

"Just do what I said", he replied.

"No!", Aaliyah shouted.

"Girl, calm down", he said.

"No. I am not going to calm down", Aaliyah said. "I am so tired of this shit. You continue to overshadow any opinion I have. You say I don't wanna hear you when we argue, but you don't even wanna hear me when we aren't!"

"Liyah, listen-"

Aaliyah cuts him off. "No, you listen. I thought that I trusted you but I don't know much about you. How can I trust you?"

"Where is this coming from?", Dre asked.

"You told me you didn't have siblings", she said. "But you do"

"I do but I don't", he said. "It's complicated "

"It's not complicated. Either you have some or you don't!", Aaliyah said.

"...I do... but we aren't in good terms", he said.

"...what else have you lied about?", she asked.

"Nothing?", he asked.

"And I'm supposed to be believe that?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea", he said.

"I have been through a lot okay? People have lied to me my whole like. People have left my side my whole life. I'm not going through it anymore", she said.

"I promise you, I haven't lied about anything else", he said.

Aaliyah got quiet.

"I promise", he said.

"... answer this question for me then...did you know Nae was pregnant?", she asked.

"Yes", Dre replied

"By who?", he asked.

"You accusing me of something?", Dre asked.

"I'm just asking a question", Aaliyah said.

"I don't know who's baby that is", he said.

"...is it a chance it's yours?", Aaliyah asked.

Dre was quiet.

Aaliyah chuckled to keep from getting mad. "When were you going to tell me this?", she asked. "Like seriously?"

"Aaliyah how could I with all this shit happening?? Us loosing the baby, you getting shot, us going to Hawaii... I didn't have the time to", he said.

Aaliyah sniffs. "You know what Dre I don't care alright", she said. "Because at the end of the day, everybody else can have a child but me right?? You know what I'll just get this fucking club sold and get you out and that's that"

"What about us?", he asked.

"I'm here broken.. shattered into pieces and doing things I promised myself that I would never do and the only thing you ask me is that?", she asked.

"What are you doing that you promised yourself you wouldn't", Dre said.

"...you should've just let that guy shoot me that night.. you wouldn't be jail and I wouldn't be still in my misery", she said.

"Stop talking like that", he asked.

"I have to go", Aaliyah said. "I'm supposed to meet with those people who want the business. They're going to keep the club as is"

"Why you change the subject?", he asked.

"Talk to you later or tomorrow or whenever Dre. Bye", she said before she hung up.

She began to cry and her head was hurting from all the thoughts that ran through her head. She walked into Jay's room to look for his stash but she didn't find it.

"Damn", she said to herself as she looked around his room. "Where is it?"

Aaliyah looked all around his room but didn't see it. She walked out his room and grabbed her bag and walked out the house. As she did that she called somebody on her phone.

"Yo?", Kev said.

"Hey Kev, I hope you're still in business. I need some products.. the big boy stuff", she said. "This is Aaliyah by the way"

Kev chuckled. "It's been a minute.. but What you want with that?", he asked.

"For a friend", she replied.

"For a friend huh?", he asked. "Alright, I'm still at my usual place"

"Okay. See you then", she said. Aaliyah hung up and got into the car.

Aaliyah drove to Kev's spot and met him outside in his backyard. He was with his friends hanging out.

"Oooooh", one of the guys said. "Boy done got him a new snack to nibble on"

Everybody but Aaliyah and Kev start laughing.

"Bruh, chill. This my homegirl", Kev said as he got up smiling. "Y'all need to go anyways. I got shit to handle"

One of the guys come up to Aaliyah as everybody else got up.

"Well shit, you got a nigga?", he asked.

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

"Leave", Kev said.

"Alright whatever", the guy said as he followed everybody else out the gate and into the front.

Kev walked to Aaliyah and smiled as he bit his bottom lip. "Do you?", he asked.

"Do I what?", Aaliyah asked.

"Seeing somebody?", he asked.

"...yes", Aaliyah said.

"Took a little long to answer. You don't have to lie. You've told me no since we were what? 12?", he asked. "I ain't gone get sad about it...but how you doing?"

"Kev, I didn't come for conversation. I came for you to make some profit", she said

Kev chuckles. "Same ole Aaliyah", he said. "...and I still love it"

"Love it, but you cheated when I finally gave you a chance in high school", Aaliyah said. "You embarrassed me"

"And I've apologized many times", he said. "I was a kid"

Aaliyah rolls her eyes.

"Listen.. the only thing imma sell you is weed and you know that", Kev said. "I'm not giving you nothing...nothing that you'll regret"

"Kev I didn't asked you. I'm telling you", Aaliyah said.

"And I have the right to refuse my service", he said.

Aaliyah glared at him.

"You can look at me with that cute little face all you want", he said. "I'm not giving you anything more than weed"

"Fuck you", she said as she began to walk away.

"Do you really wanna end up like your moms?", he asked.

Aaliyah stopped and turned away.

"The person despited because of what she did?", he asked. "What she chose over you"

"Do not compare me to my mother", she demanded.

"If I give you whatever you're trying to ask for, you will be just like her", Kev said. "Aaliyah I can look at you and tell that you after in the right state"

"You haven't seen me in almost 2 years, how would you know anything about what I'm going through?", she asked.

"Because I know you", Kev said as he walked to her. "I don't know what you been through in these past two years but... I know what you've been through before that. I know that attitude. I know that look", he said.

Aaliyah looked down.

"You know, nobody know you better than me and Keyanna... and I'm sure Keyanna doesn't know what this and I'm not getting cussed out for it", he said.

"Keyanna is dead", she said.

Kev made a face. "What?", he asked.

"She was murdered and it's my fault", she said as she tried not to cry. She was tired of crying.

Kev was quiet.

"My mom died too", Aaliyah said as she sniffed. "And I finally met my father and ... he died too... all because of me", she said as she began to cry.

Kev hugged her tight. "I'm sorry to hear that", he said as he kissed the top of her head.

Aaliyah laid her head in his chest as she cried.

"You know I'm here for you", he said.

Aaliyah pulled away and looked at him as she wiped her tears. "I should go", she said.

Kev grabbed her hand. "No stay", he said. "Calm down first"

Kev took his other hand and caressed her cheek and looked her in the eyes. "I know what I did... and I'm sorry but I'm here. I've always been here since we were kids"

Aaliyah looked in his eyes.

Kev began to lean in for a kiss but Aaliyah backed up.

"I- I have to go meet my boyfriend", she said.

"...okay", he said as he looked down for a moment then back at her. "Cool", he said with a slight smile.

Aaliyah smiled weakly then walked away.

Kev watched her walk away.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
123K 4K 43
''Open your legs,'' I order, and she looks at me like I'm insane. "Open. Them. Now."I warn, and she rolls her eyes and does as told. Did She just rol...
223K 9.7K 77
Dre and Aaliyah have been through a lot together since they day that they met, but their life has been filled with darkness and pain even before they...
130K 4.8K 35
"π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘡𝘩 𝘩π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘦𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘳𝘴" β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ Danielle Johnson other known as Dani Johnson lived a quiet life. She went to school...