Let's Love Tonight

By fallingheartsxx

BOOK 2 of the Let's Hurt Tonight series. More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

17

11.9K 287 80
By fallingheartsxx

Remember this video :) (yes I know technically there were other things said that this specific video doesn't capture BUT just remember this part lol it's for the story)

...

Amelia

I stifle a yawn as Emma and I meander through the crowd of primarily girls around us. It's early in the morning - almost too early - and here we are, about to attend a concert. I'm almost not ready to hear loud music this early in the day but I'll always be there for Harry. I wouldn't miss his performance on the Today Show for the world.

He was suprisingly chipper when he woke up. Harry is naturally a morning person, something I have been learning to grow acquainted with, but today he was happier than usual. I found it odd given yesterday's incident at his secret concert in Brooklyn, but I didn't question it. I just assumed he would have woken up in the same disoriented mood he fell asleep in.

Yesterday was really spectacular and overall I had a great time. The secret concert was intimate with only a little less than a hundred people actually in attendance. I'll admit it was a little warm in there, almost to the point where I was breaking a sweat, but I didn't mind. I was just in pure bliss watching Harry up on stage.

He only performed four songs but it was quite obvious he was feeling himself. His energy was almost too much to keep up with on stage and I found myself giggling at his somewhat obnoxious behavior. I thought that the shenanigans would end with his prancing around and dumping water on the lot of us, but he didn't end there. He took it upon himself to dive into the crowd, quite literally giving the girls around me a small heart attack as their hands had to hoist his body up into the air.

My jaw dropped when he did that. He had made subtle remarks to me recently about always wanting to stage dive but I never thought he would actually do it, especially at a concert that was so small. But Harry Styles is quite the unpredictable man, I've learned, so I'm sure something just clicked in his head randomly and he thought 'now is the perfect time'.

He seemed a little shaken up at first but he managed to get through the rest of the show. It was only after the whole ordeal did he start to overthink everything and second guess what he did. He said the stage dive was awful and that he plans to never do it again. I told him lightheartedly that he was being dramatic but he assured me it was nothing like floating, like he previously thought it was. Plus I think he accidentally kicked some girl in the face and he felt absolutely awful about it.

Today, however, he woke up a completely different person. He showered me with small kisses at some ungodly hour to wake me up and then proceeded to cook us both breakfast. I don't know why he was so cuddly or affectionate but I wasn't complaining. It was endearing and made me fall more in love with him than I already am.

I sigh thinking about it. I didn't think it was possible to be this in love but yet again I am proven wrong. Harry has this unbelievable power over me that makes me incredibly vulnerable and I'm not even sure if he knows that. Yes, he knows that I love him but I wonder if he knows just how much.

"So this is the pre-show?" Emma asks as we somehow manage to make our way to the front of the crowd.

"Yeah," I respond over the cheers of the girls around me. It's definitely crowded but I know it will be even more so later before Harry's actual performance for the show. "I think it's to warm up before the real deal. Like a dress rehearsal,"

I'm glad that I was able to convince Mom to let me pick Emma up from the train this morning to come with me to Harry's show. I didn't think she would give in because of how crowded and hectic it would be here but I assured her we would be safe. The two of us were guaranteed special wristbands that allowed us to stand wherever we pleased while also having the luxury of security if we needed. I feel like we have special VIP tickets, which I suppose is somewhat true seeing as I am dating the rockstar who's performing.

There's a bit of a scuffle around Emma and I as more girls crowd around us. We got here a little earlier so it was easier to walk to the front, but now the crowd is really starting to pick up. I wonder how long these girls have been waiting in line to see Harry. It almost seems unfair that Emma and I have the luxury of standing right in front of the stage.

"Excuse me?" a feminine voice asks to my right after a light tap to my shoulder. I turn to look at her. She looks around my age, maybe a bit younger, with bright, blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. "Not to be rude, but are you Amelia? Harry's girlfriend?"

My eyes widen slightly at her words. I haven't had any close encounters with Harry's fans like this before so I'm a little taken back. I didn't think anyone would recognize me if I'm being honest.

I slowly nod, a huge smile forming on the girls face.

"I am," I reply, returning the smile.

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing. My friend and I thought it was you but we couldn't be sure. We're huge fans of Harry's," the girl says. She gestures to her left where another girl around her age stands. She has brown skin and beautiful, jet black hair. "I'm Kelsey and this is Aliyah,"

I grin at the both of them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Have you been fans of Harry's for long?" I ask.

They both nod.

"Since One Direction," Aliyah tells me. "I've always had a bit of a crush on him if I'm being honest,"

"Me too," Kelsey adds. "Can I just say that you are so lucky to be dating him?"

I blush. Oh am I ever. Meeting Harry Styles was one of the weirdest and luckiest days of my life. I can't believe how far we have come in our relationship. I never imagined meeting him, let alone dating him but I couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

"Thank you," I shyly respond.

The three of us, along with Emma chiming in every once and a while, talk about Harry until he comes on stage. They ask several questions about him, mainly just what he likes to do and how he is in 'real life'. I don't get the sense that they are prying but rather I think they are genuinely curious so I happily oblige and tell them the basics: Harry is exceptionally sweet, he is nervous but excited about starting his solo career, and he really is as tall as he seems. I don't delve into any of his personal details but rather I skim around them. Luckily the girls don't try to press me for more information than I am willing to give out.

The screaming around us intensifies as Harry finally comes out. I bite my lip when I see him in the same attire he was wearing this morning when we left home - a black Fishermans cap, black skinny jeans, and a brown sweater where he pulls the sleeves down over his hands to keep them warm. He looks utterly adorable and I can't wait to cuddle with him later.

Before Harry notices us, my eyes land on Mitch who happily smiles at Emma and I. I give him a grin and thumbs up causing him to mimic my actions. Then when Harry walks over to him to tell him something, Mitch subtly points in my direction causing Harry to turn around, his eyes locking with mine. He beams and places a hand over his heart, causing me to do the same. I suppose it is a subtle way to tell each other 'I love you'.

"Ugh, I love him," I hear Aliyah sigh from beside me.

Me too.

I place both of my hands on Emma's shoulders as Harry begins his set. The two of us lightly sway along to the music, along with the other fans surrounding us. It's kind of nice being in the center of all his fans while watching him perform. It is a whole different experience than regular seating at concerts. It feels more personal and the atmosphere is vastly different.

I find myself having a really proud girlfriend moment during his performance of 'Sign of the Times'. I remember when he cried to me in the Saturday Night Live dressing room because he couldn't hit the high notes and watching his confidence grow from that performance causes me more happiness than I ever thought possible.

"Hey," I whisper to Kelsey and Aliyah during a quieter part of Harry's performance. "Do you want to see Harry get all soft for a moment?"

Both of them turn towards me, nodding their heads eagerly with smiles on their faces. I wasn't planning on essentially 'ruining' a performance for Harry but I know he won't mind, especially since this is only technically a rehearsal for the real show. Plus I know this is his absolute favorite phrase in the world to hear and say. He adores it and every time I tell him it he softens up immediately.

"I love you!" I say loudly, right as the music is at it's quietest before Harry begins singing again.

A huge smile takes over his face and he takes a step back from the microphone while his face turns pink. Fans around us scream and cheer from his reaction, some of them whipping their heads towards me to see who managed to make Harry blush.

I gaze up at Harry with adoration as he tries to suppress his smile enough to start singing again. Luckily he manages to pull it together to continue the song but his eyes keep flickering back over to me, a smile tugging at his lips every time. I'm glad that he seemed to like my sudden outburst. I'll admit a small part of me was nervous he would be angry but deep down I knew he would secretly love it.

I sigh and wrap an arm around Emma's shoulders. I glance down at her and the two of us exchange a knowing smile. Silently we agree that Harry is a keeper and I instantly feel my mind wandering to if he is 'the one'. Marriage isn't something that has even crossed my mind but then again I don't see a future without Harry. Every time I imagine myself years down the line, Harry is always in the picture.

I see us living together in New York, but also possibly in London and California as well. I see us traveling together and working on new projects, whether I help him with his songs or he helps me with my novels. I see my siblings growing to love Harry like one of their own and I see myself becoming close with Gemma. Harry and I haven't necessarily been dating that long but I still feel myself becoming overwhelmed with thoughts of the future and quite honestly it terrifies me.

...

FUN FACT

So the song "Let's Hurt Tonight" inspired me to write a Harry book BUT this video up top inspired the whole plot for this story and centering it in New York etc. I just thought it was super cute and originally I planned to end Let's Hurt Tonight with (a variation of) this chapter. However, I grew attached to the story and characters and here we are in the sequel where I have many, many things planned...

Anyways thank you all for your love and support! Let's Hurt Tonight recently hit 323k reads which is crazy to me. It's my most popular book by far and I'm really glad you all like it as much as I do :)

xx

Zoe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stuck [H.S] By a!

Fanfiction

40.8K 1.5K 25
[COMPLETE & EDITED] Being at that time of the month, Jolie decides to make a quick stop to a convience store to retrieve chocolates and candies to sa...
27.1K 6K 48
Following the wealthy and prestigious hidden society in Nigeria and their children who attend Islanders High. The third book of the Islanders series...
223K 4.8K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
1.9M 36.7K 172
bts wwyd and scenarios (^ω^) CRINGE WARNING