EUPHORIA-charlie dalton

By netpunezz

"euphoria, it's the feeling of intense excitement and happiness.." said the girl. "okay, and?" the boy quest... More

C A S T + P S A
.1.
.2.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.17.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24.
.25.
.26.
.27.
.28.
.29.
.30.
TYSM FOR 10K

.3.

7.1K 195 130
By netpunezz

(a/n: long chapter!!! it's a good one)

the next day was soon to come. olivia put on her new school outfit. it was basically the same as the boys except she wore a skirt and black mary janes without any socks. she found that if she were to wear the socks she was encouraged(not required) to wear they'd throw the outfit entirely off.

socks and heels? hell no. that wasn't something that the girl would ever ever ever wear.

olivia grabbed her small backpack and stuffed the books necessary for her day inside of it before making sure she had everything and headed out.

she had the option to get some breakfast but she was never a breakfast person. she only really liked lunch and dinner.

the female exited her room, closing the door behind her and walked down the hallway. her marry janes echoing a bit as there weren't many students in the hall.

as she neared the steps that led out into the main hallway area, charlie exited his room almost right on cue as she walked past the room that belonged to his. "hey stranger!"

"charlie, good morning." olivia said as she looked to the side. her half up half down hair swishing a bit as she did as such.

"day one, you're gonna hate it here." the boy halfly joked as he walked beside the female.

"no... no.. i cant hate it. but i guess i shall put that to the test today. it can't be all that bad." the girl said with a laugh, assuming .

-

oh god it was bad. olivia hated most of her teachers. first day back and she already had to pick three laboratory experiments from a project list and report on them every five weeks. the first twenty questions at the end of chapter one were due the next day as well. she was doomed! absolutely doomed and she knew it alright.

the female groaned as she pulled her hair out of her small pony tail as she entered into her final class which was english.

she hummed as she took a seat towards the back beside charlie. "so, do you hate it here?"

"oh most certainly." she said with a groan as she took out a book and placed it upon her desk.

"told you." he chuckled.

"hey spaz, spaz." knox whispered to a boy who turned around only to be hit by a ball of crumpled up paper while cameron smacked him on the shoulder.

"brain damage." cameron snickered shaking his head.

"come on, leave him alone!" olivia exclaimed, grabbing a piece of paper from her notebook, ripped it out and crumpled it up. she chucked it at cameron as he turned around and gained a pit of laughter from other students.

"what a keeper." neil said with a grin as he was turned around facing the group.

the boys from the group simply stared at her, charlie laughing in his seat, shaking his head.

the students in the room quickly came to a silence as the teacher came into the room from the hall, whistling the 1812 overture.

olivia bit her nail that was on her right thumb as she faced the front of the classroom. her legs bounced under her table as she prayed she didn't need to have another damned assignment.

the teacher walked up and down the aisles of the class and then outside without a single word.

the students looked at each other with questioning looks before the older man peaked his head into the door. "well come on." he said gesturing the students to follow him and so they did. they grabbed their belongings and quickly piled out of the classroom and into the main hallway.

the teacher and the students all stood in front of the trophy case and the teacher gave a small nod once everyone was there.

""oh captain, my captain" who knows where
        that comes from?" questioned the teacher.

todd looked up as if he knew the answer, but said not a word. spaz blew his
nose perhaps jut too too close to meeks for his liking as he shifted his weight.

seeing that no one was raising their hand olivia hesitantly raised hers.

"yes, miss...?" he said as he didn't know the girls last name.

"terriancie. it's a poem by walt whitman written in 1865 about the death of abraham lincoln." olivia answered. a few boys glanced at her, but she took nothing of it. she was big on poetry, what could she say?

"very well, that is correct! now students in this class you can call me mr. keating. or, if you'r slightly more daring, oh captain, my captain." mr keating said with a small grin.

"let me dispel a few rumors so they don't fester into facts. yes, i too attended hell-ton and survived. and no, at that time i wasn't the mental giant you see before you. i was the intellectual equivalent of a ninety-eight pound weakling. i would go to the beach and people would kick copies of byron in my face." he said to the group of students and they all laughed. cameron of course was trying to write it all down, confused.

mr keating looked down at papers in his
hand with a brief him. "now mister... pitts. why that's a rather unfortunate name, mr pitts where are you?" he asked and a tall boy, gerard, raised his hand.

"mister pitts, would you open your hymnal to page 542 and read the first stanza of the poem you find there?" the teacher asked and the student did as such.

        " "to the virgins, to make much of time"?" pitts read out, questioning it slightly. mr keating made a brief comment but then let pitts continue. ""gather ye rosebuds while ye may, old time is still a flying, and this same flower that smiles today, tomorrow will be dying."" he finished.

        "thank you mister pitts. "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may." the latin term for that sentiment is carpe diem. who knows what that means?" mr keating asked the class.

meeks immediately puts his hand up. "carpe diem. that's "seize the day."" he answered.

        "very good, mister...?" once again another name the teacher didn't know. yet again he was in fact new."

  "meeks." he stated his last name.

"meeks. another unusual name. seize the day. gather ye rosebuds while ye may. why does the writer use these lines?" mr jesting asked the class.

"because he's in a hurry." charlie answered with a smirk. olivia simply rolled her eyes at the boy shaking her head with a playful smile and the others laughed.

        "no, ding!" mr keating slams his hand down on an imaginary buzzer. "thank you for playing anyway. because we are food for worms lads and lady. believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing, turn cold, and die." he spoke and everyone's facial expressions clearly dropped, especially neils.

mr keating turned towards the trophy cases, filled with trophies, footballs, and team pictures. "now i would like you to step forward over here and peruse some of the faces from the past. you have walked past them many times. i don't think you've really looked at them."

students slowly began to gather round the cases and the teacher moved behind them.

"they're not that different from you, are
        they? well, other than you other than minimum things, miss terriancie. same haircuts. full of hormones,
        just like you. invincible, just like you feel. the world is their oyster. they believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you. their eyes are full of hope, just like you. did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? because you see gentlmen and lady, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. but, if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. go on, lean in." he told them.

the boys and the girl leaned in and mr keating leaned over cameron's shoulder. "carpe." mr keating whispered in a gruff voice.

cameron looked over his shoulder with an aggravated look on his face. he really couldn't just go with something for once could he?

        "hear it?" he asked before whispering once again, "carpe. carpe diem. seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."

the boys and the female stare at the faces in the cabinet in silence.

olivia honestly found the lesson amazing. she had never had a teacher like him. he truly did have a way with words. she could tell mr keating would be her favorite teacher.

~~~
A/N:

1437 words! what a long one lOl. this chapter was more of a filler tbh but yeah that's chapter 3!! i have a LOT of chapters as drafts and they're long. i'm slowly releasing them so i can be prepared if i choose to upload 4 a week like i did for the past few chapters. lOl anyways the next chapter will be out on 6/23(tuesday)!

do you guys want to see anything specific?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344 0 9
Hey y'all 🧍‍♂️ this is my first published story so. Please don't bully me. Uh so ig this is a first girl at Welton type thing?? Maybe a Charlie Dalt...
329 8 15
Natalie: I want to be an English teacher. I want to learn from the best. YOU are the best. Keating: You want to be a teacher. This is how a teacher...
610 35 10
Louise Perry has attended Welton Academy since the last term last year. She was supposed to be the proof that women could attend this all-boys school...
48.2K 1.4K 21
𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 - ❝𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙤𝙣.❞ ❝𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚.❞ - Asher Barnes had always wanted a son, so when Caroline came, saying he was d...