Hopelessly Devoted

By NowhereGirl21

Luke Harrison is gay. He's also in love with the very straight captain of the basketball team. Will Luke be... More

Welcome To My Story
Character Descriptions
New Cover!
Chapter 1- The First
Chapter 2- Digits
Chapter 4- Tutoring
Chapter 5- Twenty Questions
Chapter 6- Invitation
Chapter 7- Get'cha Head in the Game
Chapter 8- Patching Up
Chapter 9- Masks
Chapter 10- Prayer
Chapter 11- Work
Chapter 12- Notes
Chapter 13- Girls
Chapter 14- Lunch
Chapter 15- Secrets
Chapter 16- Thorium
Chapter 17- Boiling Over
Chapter 18- Evasion
Chapter 19- Pennies
Chapter 20- One Day More
Chapter 21- Hopelessly Devoted
Chapter 22- ILY
Chapter 23-Little Problems *MATURE*
Chapter 24- The Closet
Chapter 25- Nerves
Chapter 26- I'll Cover You
Chapter 27- Mornin'
Chapter 28- Swimming
Chapter 29- Caught
Chapter 30- Church
Chapter 31- Leviticus
Chapter 32- Resistance *MATURE*
Chapter 33- Sick
Chapter 34- Together
Survey!
Chapter 35- Confrontation
Chapter 36- Mine *MATURE*
Chapter 37- Explosions
Chapter 38- Panic
Chapter 39- Dreaming
Chapter 40- Healing
Chapter 41- Shots!
Chapter 42- Promises
Chapter 43- His *MATURE*
Chapter 44: The End
Author's Note

Chapter 3- Bonding

4.6K 182 30
By NowhereGirl21

*tap*

*tap*

*tap*

My pencil slowly raps against the smooth material of the lab table. The cold piece of stone feels like heaven in the boiling hot classroom, sending glorious waves of coldness through my veins. I've always loved these kinds of desks. They just feel better than normal wooden ones.

The desk serves another purpose today, however. Instead of being a welcome respite from unbearable heat leftover from the summer, today it's serving as a distraction. It's much easier to ignore the beautiful man beside me when I can just focus on the cool stone.

Still, I look at him. Sean just looks so good today. He's just wearing casual clothes, but everything looks 10x better when it's on the body of a Greek God.  He's wearing light blue jeans that perfectly accentuate his butt (not that I was staring at it in the hallway, and his shirt is a simple graphic tee that says "Assistant (to the) Regional Manager" in an obvious reference to The Office.

He's the most beautiful man I've ever seen and he's also got great taste in television. He truly is the perfect man.

Despite my seemingly obvious behavior, he doesn't seem to have noticed me staring at him. The oblivious boy was dutifully watching my dad, studiously copying notes every few seconds. I, on the other hand, had a very blank page in front of me. I just don't care about science. I'm good at it, I always get straight A's, the subject just doesn't really interest me.

Bored out of my mind, I decide to start drawing. I'm not a bad artist, and Jaqueline has taught me a ton about shading and depth and all that jazz. Sean's t-shirt put the office on my brain, so I just decided to draw a character. Putting pencil to paper, I start outlining the shape of Prison Mike's face. As my pencil slowly glides across the page, I'm able to slip into the recesses of my mind. Using my memory of Prison Mike's face, I'm able to put him neatly onto the page.

Just as I'm beginning to shade in the purple of Scott's bandana, I feel something nudge my shoulder. Looking to my left, I see Sean sliding me his notebook, mischief written all over his beautiful face. 

 Not bad, Rabbit. Although, I think you could add a little more crazy to his eyes.

I smile to myself and write a response.

How would one do that, exactly?

Sean shrugs in response.

Idk. Just a little more work and it'll come, I think.

It takes so much to not laugh at what he just wrote down. The boy has just walked into a trap. I look at him, utter disbelief on my face. When I'm just met with confusion, I just shake my head. Deciding to be bold, I point out his error.

That's what she said. ;)

Upon looking at the page, Sean snorts out a laugh, sending butterflies through my stomach. 

I made him laugh!!!

"Mr. Jackson! What is so funny, may I ask?" My dad's voice echoes across the room and about 30 heads look straight at us.

Crap.

"N-nothing, Sir." I can't help but feel bad for Sean. This is my fault. If I hadn't made him laugh, he wouldn't be in trouble.

"Are you sure? Let's see if you were paying attention, shall we? Can you tell me the definition of an Ionic Bond?"

Visibly nervous, Sean shuffles through the papers in his notebook. As he does so, I see that he obviously doesn't have the answer written down.

As discreetly as I could, I take my pencil and write a note right about Prison Mike's head and slide it to Sean so he can read it.

"Uh, an Ionic bond is the bond between two atoms, one metal and one non-metal." Sean shakily breathes out.

My dad huffs. "That is correct, Mr. Jackson. Still, please refrain from private conversations with Mr. Harrison during my lectures."

Sean nods, relaxing a bit. When my dad turns back to face the board, Sean sends me a smile that seemed to turn my knees to jelly. Thank God I'm sitting down!

***

The bell rings, signaling lunchtime. I quickly try to pack up my stuff so I can book it like yesterday. Sean, however, seemed to have other plans. Right as I turn to leave the room, he places a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, I'd like to talk to ya, Rabbit. Mind waitin' a sec so we can walk together?"

I hesitantly nod and stay put. 

What does he want from me? Is he pissed that I made him get in trouble? Aw crap, he's gonna beat me, isn't he?

Sean slings his backpack over his shoulder before smiling at me. He gestures to the door, telling me it's cool to leave now.

"So... that was an interesting lesson!" Sean chuckles as we enter the hallway. 

I smile and bite my lip. Stupid nervous habits. "Yeah... sorry about that."

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?"

"For distracting you so that you got in trouble."

"Are you kidding? C'mon, Rabbit!" He ruffles the top of my hair like I'm a small child. Normally I'd want to punch anyone who did that, but Sean could do pretty much whatever he wanted and I'd find it attractive. "No need to apologize. If anything, I should be thanking you! You saved my ass back there! Turns out Rabbit's a genius!"

I shake my head, suppressing a blush at the compliment. "It's nothing. The teacher, Mr. Harrison, he's my dad. He's been drilling chemistry stuff into my head since I can remember."

"Still. It was pretty badass how you just...knew. Especially since you obviously weren't paying attention. Nice Michael Scott, by the way."

I smile in thanks. We walk down the hallway a bit more in comfortable silence.

"Hey, Rabbit? I know we just met each other but, you're cool. I was wondering if, maybe..."

PLEASE ASK ME OUT! PLEASE ASK ME OUT! YES, YES, YES I WILL GO OUT WITH YOU!

"...Maybe you'd wanna tutor me in science? I've never been very good at it no matter how many notes I take, and you're obviously the next Bill Nye so I think it'd be a good fit."

"Aw, shoot," I mumble under my breath.

"What was that, Rabbit? Couldn't hear ya."

Aw, frick that was out loud. Shut up, brain!

"Uh, yeah! Of course, why not? I... I'd be happy to tutor you!" I smile nervously, trying desperately to hide my dumb slip-up.

 He shoots me that mega-watt smile. "Perfect, Rabbit! I'll pay, of course. I don't wanna just waste your time. How 'bout $25 per session?"

My eyes go wide. I doubt I even have that much in the first place. I nod a bit too eagerly.

"Ha, maybe I shoulda started a bit lower. Oh, well!" He winks at me. "I got practice every day, but I can meet up with you at around 4. Would you want to meet at your place or mine?"

"Y-your place is c-cool."

"Sweet! We can start tonight if you're cool with that. I'll text you my address and you can just meet at my place at 4!" His smile is so infectious I can barely think about what I've just agreed to.

"Alright, Rabbit! It's a date! See ya later!" He says before he walks away, not realizing how much I actually want to go on a date with him.

Standing in front of the lunchroom, alone, I let my head fall into my hands.

What did I just get myself into?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter. Did anyone get the pun in the title? They were bonding but... also... chemistry? Bonding? I'm a genius.

I got a pedicure today and they were playing The Office in the salon, so that's why this chapter has way too many references to the show. I've just got Scott on the brain. :/

Anyway, I don't really have any message for you guys. Please be sure to leave a comment and, if you liked the chapter, leave a vote. It really helps to support the book and I'd really appreciate it if you did.

See y'all later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 135 44
Tyler, the popular jock with a gentle and friendly demeanor who never fails to brighten Miles' darkest days, helped Miles, the openly gay teenage kid...
4.7M 119K 40
Luke has been in love with his best friend, Taylor, for too long now and it's getting difficult to be around him. He knows it's time to move on and f...
16 0 11
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if the bully and the victim of the harassment had just fucked instead of constantly pestering one anothe...
4.2K 1.5K 31
Immediately after Luke Montgomery and Christian Day are partnered up in physics class, there is a chemical reaction, as Luke finds himself seeking to...