Yesterday - Bucciarati Fanfic...

Af PhysicalTurian

Alda Emesto, 21 years old waitress works at Libeccio, a restaurant in the centre of Naples. She did not know... Mere

Chapter 1 - Meeting
Chapter 2 - Bodyguard
Chapter 3 - Chi s'assomiglia si piglia
Chapter 4 - Bad shit
Chapter 5 - On edge
Chapter 6 - Hold you
Chapter 7 - Wingman
Chapter 8 - Caring
Chapter 9 - Capo
Chapter 10 - Quite the pair
Chapter 11 - I'm not weak
Chapter 12 - Tango
Chapter 13 - Fight or flight
Chapter 14 - Sucker punch
Chapter 16 - Tomorrow
Chapter 17 - This is it
Chapter 18 - She's family
Chapter 19 - I'm scared but I love you
Chapter 20 - I'm happy
Chaper 21 - Touch me
Chapter 22 - Relax
Chapter 23 - Let's play pool
Chapter 24 - Sunday bloody sunday
Chapter 25 - Ravenous of your touch
Chapter 26 - The no no square
Chapter 27 - How to get rid of mold
Chapter 28 - What principles?
Chapter 29 - Satiated? Never. (NSFW)
Chapter 30 - Promised
Chapter 31 - Can't promise
Chapter 32 - Believe
Chapter 33 - The Emissary

Chapter 15 - Attraction

751 23 101
Af PhysicalTurian

The feeling on something on my back was what woke me up in the morning. Not the sun, not the warmth, but something like a caress on my back. I didn't want to open my eyes, it felt so nice I wanted to enjoy it longer, hiding my face further in my pillow I tried not to move too much in fear it'd stop. "You're finally awake, amore." I heard a rumble close to my ear, along with a chuckle. I didn't respond, I should fake being still asleep, it's comfortable. Wait, that was too close to my ear-

Opening my eyes required a lot of efforts, but once I did, I noticed an intricate design close to my face. Focusing, it took time for my brain to understand that my head was resting on Bruno's chest. Bruno's chest. My head. Wait. I blamed my morning brain for my reaction time, but I quickly put my hands on him to sit up in haste. Staring at him a moment, he smiled softly but didn't speak right away. His hand was still on my back but none of us moved.

"Didn't mean to," I then mimicked sleeping on his chest, my sentence-making abilities in the morning were awful. I needed at least half an hour to be able to hold a proper conversation. Laughing softly, he rubbed my back some more, "It's quite alright, I didn't want to wake you up. You seemed very comfortable." He told me with a smirk as he looked down at my hands, that were still on his chest before looking back at me tenderly.

Oh right, I should move them. Yeah. Doing so, I put my hands on my lap and quirked a brow at him, "What time is it?" I needed a glass of water; my mouth was dry and I'm sure my speech was not articulated at all. Trailing his hand from my lower back to my thigh, he took one of my hand in his and replied with his usual smile "Eleven. We should probably get out of bed," he started but I interrupted him before he could continue. "Eleven? Wasn't Abbacchio supposed to come at eight?" I asked a bit confused.

I didn't want to face the silver-haired man's usual frustration, just because I had slept in way past the time he was supposed to arrive. I had barely woken up 5 minutes ago and I was already sore all over from thinking of training with Abbacchio. "He hasn't arrived yet; I'm guessing he's still not over last night's heavy drinking." He explained softly, brushing his thumb over the back of my hand as he spoke. I didn't move, instead I frowned. I needed to train every day or else I wouldn't be ready when the day of the Ball comes. "But then, when do I train?" I tried to mask the urgency I felt, but it was hard in the morning to handle anything.

"We'll train together. That is, if you'll have me." The smirk displayed on his lips showed he knew I was not going to refuse that, how could I? Looking to the side I shrugged before tightening ever so slightly, my grip on his hand. "I'm sure I can handle you. Abbacchio is the worst, so yeah. I'll take you." I stated before meeting his eyes again, my neck reddening. "In a fight- I'll take you in a fight. Not a real one, but I'll train yeah. That." I told him quickly as I backed out of the bed slowly, adding that I was going to get change and get ready for the day.

Hearing him laugh brought a strange feeling in my guts, but I didn't mind, he had the most beautiful laugh. Every time I'd hear it my heart would flutter, and for just a moment I'd would smile, but then I'd cover it quickly. After getting changed, I went to the kitchen just like every morning. It was always surprising to see him in the kitchen before me, I thought I was quick but he was faster and already cooking something.

Perhaps he skipped a few steps in his routine just to make us food, which reminded me, "Do you still do pushups?" I asked as I stepped inside the room, looking over his shoulders he quirked a brow. "I mean- first things first: hi." I told him quickly with an awkward smile as I sat on the counter by his side, "I didn't know you wanted to see me sweating so bad, cara." He told me lightly, busying himself with the ingredients, but I saw the smirk adorning his features. Shaking my flushing head, I tried to justify myself, "I meant- when you were in my apartment, right? You'd do pushups in the morning, I remember because the first time I caught a glimpse of it I-" I stopped myself, muttering a 'nevermind'.

Why don't I have a filter from my brain to my mouth? Bruno laughed; a throaty laugh, then put the knife down before turning to face me. I could see the entirety of his outfit now and fuck, was I a sucker for his arms, and his neck, and his face, it should be a crime to wear a loose tank top and look this good- that's why I wanted to train with Abbacchio, how was I going to focus with this man looking this good?

He was staring at me, his head tilted to the side. He had answered but I didn't hear it, I was lost in my thoughts, no I was just ogling. Meeting his gaze, I nodded. I have no idea why I did that; I don't even know what he said, but my action made him chuckle again. "You didn't hear what I said, did you?" he asked with a smile. "Hey, you're to blame okay? You're distracting." I said firmly, waving my hands at his body, as if it was something painfully obvious that he had control of.

"I'm sure you'll get over it." He said with a grin before adding, "I got over it after some times, but sometimes you do make it hard not to stare." He said in a low tone, before winking confidently as he resumed his activity. What did he mean by that? I wasn't distracting, did he mean he found me- my cheeks flared up. "No. Shut up," Looking to the side I continued, pouting lightly "You're unsufferable." I scoffed with a shy smile. Afterwards I stirred the conversation away from that topic.

In time, we were done with preparing the meal and had moved to eating at the table. Not once was my breakdown from last night mentioned. It was a relief, thinking about it I felt a bit embarrassed, but I was not going to dwell on it, I had to get stronger... for Bruno. How stupid is that, I thought in disbelief, I'm doing it for myself. Glancing at him, there was a pinch in my heart, perhaps I also wanted to get stronger for him to be able to deserve him? To stay by his side without being a burden.

Once we were done eating, I hastily made my way to the fridge, grabbing our bottles of water. With the weather today being unbearable and the sun hitting hard, the fact that most walls of Bruno's house were windows did not help, at all. "I'd assume you'd have air conditioning here, but, fuck it's hot." I breathed out, fanning my face. I have no idea how I was going to manage training with this temperature, this stifling heat that made it feel like we were in a greenhouse.

Letting out a small laugh, Bruno joined me in the living room his face as pristine as ever. Was he even bothered by anything? While he had opened a few windows, along the door to the garden, nothing changed. "I'll put the air conditioning," he started before giving me a mischievous look, "If you can take me down." He told me as he tied his hair, I was deadpanned. He had a polite smile, but it was also daring, it was taunting. He was very confident in his skills, and the utter calm he was in made it even less reassuring. But I didn't budge.

"Now that's blackmail, capo. It's a low blow, I'm not playing." I said with a scoff, crossing my arms across my chest. Like hell I was going to wrestle with him when I was this close to pour the content of my bottle all over myself. A glint in his eyes appeared, and in a split of second, he had me in a tight lock, nor my arms nor my neck were free. I had been through this with Abbacchio, I knew what to do but damn it, my body was enjoying this too much. "Cara, I said don't call me capo, mh?" He whispered, too close to my ear.

Struggling against his grip, I grinned, okay this could be fun. He's definitely more talkative than Abbacchio but I could get behind that. Grunting I got out of his grasp but he quickly came back without a pause. We kept sparring like this for a while, he was relentless, I didn't know he would be so into it nor did I know he was that good. What I did know was that, was for my sanity, it'd be better to train with Abbacchio than with Bucciarati. Seeing him panting, sweating and being cocky, was a sight to behold and I was in the front row. It brought a warm feeling inside me, and it was not because of the heat this time. Shit he's hot.

We were both breathing heavily, we had to take a break. Stepping away from each other, we kept staring at one another intently, was he going to come at me again? "We've been at it for a while now, I have yet to see the floor from up close, bambina" He taunted, taking a few sips of water, looking at me playfully from the corner of his eyes. Scoffing, I took a large gulp then put it down before stretching, I was getting fired up "Oh honey, you're going down." I said confidently before dashing his way, he dodged easily and twisted my arms behind my back.

"I told you to think, before acting." He whispered in my ear, I felt a shiver run down my spine but I chuckled, leaning my head backwards to see his face. "Again. I'm sure I can handle it." It pulled hard out of his grasp before pivoting and trying make his lose balance by pulling his foot with mine. He only laughed before grabbing my leg, bringing it close to his side. Shaking his head, he told me to pause and think, to which I responded by taking a practice knife out of my back and bringing it to his throat. Surprise is key, right?

Looking down at the knife in surprise, he didn't flinch and was quick to disarm me before letting go of my leg, pushing me away gently. "Nice try, but not enough, cara." Seeing his arm extended, I saw an opportunity; grabbing his hand I pulled him towards me, with a quick step I was behind him and wrapped an arm around his neck. The choke hold was not as tight as it could be considering the height difference, but I compensated with my other arm holding both of his, behind his back. "Is that enough, capo?" I breathed over his shoulder, arrogantly. The lack of reaction coming from him was kind of ominous.

Trying to look at me from over his shoulder, he smiled. "You're not giving me much of a choice," in the span of a few second, he had bent over and I let out a yelp as I landed on my back with Bruno on top. I tried to push him off of me as soon as my back hit the ground, but he had balanced his weight perfectly. I was stuck, but I didn't feel trapped, under his gaze I felt... odd, did I really want to move? Seeing him like this, I couldn't help but stare. He was glistening with sweat, his raven hair framing his face, I had hardly seen him so disheveled and yet composed at the same time.

I didn't speak, I was too busy drinking in the view. Leaning forward he brushes his nose close to mine before moving his mouth to my ear, "Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer, amore." He breathed seductively, I blushed brightly in response. While my body was already on fire, I felt even warmer when I met his intense gaze. My heart was beating so fast I wouldn't be surprised if the man in front of me heard it. I looked askance at him before chuckling nervously, "I don't," clearing my throat, I tried to avoid his gaze. It's the perfect opportunity to flirt back, right? I should try, god it's going to be a disaster.

"I don't usually give into peer pressure," I started before gesturing to him on me, "but I'll give into you?" I finished hesitantly. Meeting his shocked expression, I was quick to move my arms from pushing him to covering my face. When he didn't reply right away, I peeked between my arms only to see him with his face red, his gaze still focused on me. "You're not making this any easier, cara." He groaned, getting off of me before helping me get back on my feet. Once I was standing his eyes widened a moment, before a cool expression covered it.

Following his eyes, I saw Abbacchio sitting in on of the chair by the entrance, a knowing smile on his lips. "Go on," he said, waving his hands as for to proceed, "It's painfully entertaining." He scoffed, quirking a brow at Bruno who's expression falter. "I didn't think you were coming, Leone." Said the raven-haired man, his tone seemed a bit off but I let it go. Tying his hair, Abbacchio stood up with a chuckle, "I never said I wasn't coming, I said I was fucking hangover. It's different." He explained, still looking at his capo with the same look as earlier.

Huffing, Bruno turned around and made his way to the stairs, not before saying "I'm going to shower, be careful you two." As his form got further away from us, I heard Abbacchio let out a bark laugh as he called out, "Goditi la tua doccia fredda, Bucciarati" I could see Bruno shaking his head as he climbed the stairs, not answering. Abbacchio then turned around and faced me with a calmer expression, but none of us spoke. There was a silence. He just kept staring at me, observing. Rubbing my arm nervously I asked, "By any chance, do you know how to turn on the air conditioning?"

Shrugging he made his way across the room then pressed a few buttons on the wall, it was followed by the noise of a gentle fresh breeze coming from the ceiling. "Thank you Abbacchio." I told him with a sigh of relief as he joined my side, the scowl on his face faltered lightly but he masked it by looking to the side. "I needed the fresh air; it smells like sex here." He remarked with a smirk which made me choke on my own spit. Ears reddening, I gave him an incredulous look as I tried to clear my throat.

Sniffing the air in panic, "What the fuck does that mean? It smells like sweat and, well now cigarettes" I said as I went to grab my bottle of water, giving him a once over. His response was to scoff, "Every day I think it can't get worse, yet every day you amaze me by how fucking blind you are, kid." He started before rolling his sleeves up, and grabbing a real knife from his bag, "But I have to say, it's priceless to see the both of you interacting. Keep that up and I'm sure he'll crack first." he finished with a mischievous smirk before positioning himself in a fighting stance.

"Keeping what up? I'm not doing shit. That's the problem." I replied, with a bit of disappointment in my voice. I knew I had to make a move sooner or later, I didn't want to keep my feelings bottled in, but at the same I didn't want it to hinder what we were doing. If he didn't reciprocate it, it would definitely be awkward at the ball, I'd rather wait. First, we take down the bastards, then I'll confess, I tried to hype myself internally. My thinking was interrupted when Abbacchio moved quickly, starting the training without a warning.

Reaching to grab a hold of me, I wasn't quick enough to react, he had me in a tight grip, "Oh you're doing plenty, kid." He grunted as he tightened his arm around my neck. We sparred like this for a few hours, however it was different than the other times. I'm not saying Abbacchio had changed but he seemed a bit more, warm than usual? He was still brute and didn't care if I ended up with bruises and scrapes but he indulged in discussing with me while we trained, which was a first.

It was not just jabs and taunts, it was nice. I mean, as nice as he could allow himself to be without really appearing nice per say. But I was not going to complain, it made the whole training more enjoyable. It didn't diminish the importance of the training, so I was still focused but it got me out of my head to talk at the same time, I would even say I was more efficient like this.

After we were done, I was definitely sore all over, but I was delighted to have been able to get him more times than last time. I knew it was not enough, yet, but I got better and it was enough for it to bring me a sense of satisfaction. I slumped on the couch as he left the house and let out a heavy sigh. "Already tired, cara?" I heard Bruno's voice approaching. Throwing a glance his way, he had gotten changed while we were training but I hadn't paid attention. He hadn't made a sound as he came back and had probably been working in silence.

"That tone..." I met his beautiful eyes and frowned when I noticed the small smile on his lips, I breathed a low fuck before continuing "I'm guessing I'm not done for the day, Bruno" I whined, letting him take my hand. He raised his eyebrows at my words but then pulled me up from the couch with on strong tug. "You do realize there isn't only defense you have to work on, right?" he asked before drawing me closer, moving my arms so that we were in the position to start waltzing.

Understanding what he wanted, I dropped my head on his shoulder, "Can I shower first?" I asked with in an exhausted tone. He was right, I shouldn't rest on my laurels, I have to put in more efforts. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, Bruno nodded and let me go with, what I could only describe as, reluctance. "It's already late, I'll start cooking while you shower." He told me softly before going to the kitchen. As I stepped on the stairs, Bruno called out my name quickly.

"There's a package on your bed, it's from Mista and Trish, I believe. They had someone drop it off this morning." Frowning, I nodded and thanked him. I had no clue what this was about, not one idea, and that's what made me worry a bit. Thinking hard, I tried to recall everything we had talked about in the little time we had the group chat. As I opened the door, there was a large black box on my bed. "What the fuck." I muttered as I got closer.

Taking the box, I shook it to see if it made any noise but there was only the rustle of paper inside. That made it even more confusing. Curious, I lifted the lid and dropped it on the bed, before removing the thin paper that was hiding the object. "Fucking- oh my god they-" laughing out loud, I rushed to Bruno's room to grab my phone from the nightstand, quickly writing on the group chat. 'Why did you sent me a lace bodysuit?' sent. 'I'm never wearing that; you do realize that?' sent. 'How much do I owe you??' sent. They were probably busy right now to response but I still sent the messages.

Entering my room, I dropped my phone on the bed before going back to the box, only to notice there was nothing in it. Tilting my head to the side, in confusion, I looked around quickly trying to see if I had moved it unconsciously. I had not. But it was nowhere around. Turning around at the noise of paws on the floor, I saw Timo walking out of the room with something in his mouth. You've got to be kidding me. Rushing to the dog, "Timo, Timo come here. Drop it. Drop." I gestured my palm to the ground to try to make him let go of the clothing, but it only made him scurry away and down the stairs.

"You little- Timo don't" I raced him in the staircase, but he was faster. Once I reached the last step, he stopped dead in his track when Bruno commanded him to stop. Approaching his dog, he crouched by him and grabbed the clothe from his mouth before standing up and looking at the garment with a smirk. "I believe this is yours?" he asked rhetorically, a playful glint in his eyes.

Looking at him then the garment, then back at him, my mouth was gaping. The calm that I had only started to regain was gone in an instant, heat was coming up to my cheeks. "No," he quirked a brow at my reply, his smile widening, he asked "No?". Shaking my head, I extended my hand towards him, "I mean yes, but it's not- that was from Trish and Mista. I don't wear that kind of thing, I'm not like that- not that's it's bad you know? I meant that, there's no occasion or anything; I'm sure I could pull this off, though-" sighing loudly, I took a deep breath and stopped my ramble, meeting Bruno's eyes.

He had a brow raised as he listened to every word I said, not saying anything in return, yet. "It was a gift, but it's not like I was going to wear it anytime soon," I mumbled the last part to myself before Bruno put it back in my hand, closing my hand around it with his slender ones. "It's a shame, I'm sure you'd look gorgeous in it, amore" He remarked with the most charming smile I'd ever witnessed, I felt a knot in my throat at his compliment but composed myself.

Straightening my back, I let my arm drop to my side, "I know I would, have you seen me?" I asked in faux-confidence, a grin amidst my red face. Chuckling lightly, Bruno looked me up and down before nodding, "I have, it's a sight." He uttered smoothly, I didn't know what to say, I didn't have enough charisma to flirt back like he did. Staring at him, embarrassed, I took a sharp intake of breath before turning around and mumbling a "fuck" before leaving for my shower. His laugh echoing behind me.

Dropping the bodysuit on my bed, I checked my phone and noticed that Trish and Mista had replied. Trish had said she had chosen that one, but Mista had tried to have her choose another a lot more revealing. She also told me that I didn't have to pay them back since it was a gift and it was definitely going to come in handy. I chuckled when I read her text then read Mista's, which was basically him saying that I had to wear it for Bruno or else it would have been like pouring money down the drain.

I wrote them back what had happened once I opened the box, and how embarrassing it was to explain to Bruno without telling him that it was basically part of their scheme for me to wear lingerie to finally 'get my man'. They found it hilarious of course, Mista argued that it would have been the perfect opportunity to show Bruno what it looked like on me while Trish told me that I had missed a chance, adding that, by the way he had answered, he was definitely into it. Scoffing, I wrote back that it would never happen before putting my phone down and going to shower.

Upon stepping under the pouring water, my whole body seemed to relax. It felt so great to finally wash away all the sweat from training along with some of the tiredness I felt not only from the physical efforts I had to perform but also from the exhaustion of my breakdown last night. I'll admit I stayed under the water a bit longer than what I was used to, I was deep in thoughts, thinking about earlier when I was training with Bruno.

The fact that, under him, I didn't feel helpless, I didn't cower in fear or panic, I didn't want to escape, I just wanted him. I wanted to pull him down and wrap my arms around him, feel his whole body against mine as I kissed his beautiful lips, running my hands through his so well-kept hair then feel his breath down my neck- I really need to get out of this hot shower, I thought with a grimace. Turning off the water, stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around myself.

Looking myself in the mirror, I noticed that most of my bruises had started fading but I had a few ones over my arms were Abbacchio would grip me tight. Turning around, the burns on my back didn't get any better from all the tackling I had underwent, I guess I had to put something on it but there was no ointment in the cabinet or anywhere around. I should probably ask Bucciarati... Deciding to do so, I put on my underwear and a pair of pants, keeping my shirt in hand since I would probably have to take it off anyway.

Peeping in the staircase, I called out his name softly. I heard the thud of his footsteps then saw his face peeking at the bottom of the stairs, "Is something wrong, cara?" he asked as he dried his hands with a towel. Smiling awkwardly, I asked him if he could throw me the ointment for the burns, the one he had used yesterday. "Oh yes, I'll be right there." He said quickly before disappearing in the kitchen. With a light chuckle I made my way back in the room and waited for him to arrive.

A few seconds later, there was a soft knock on my door. Being right next to it I opened it wide, then told him to come in. "I told you to throw it, I'm sure I could have managed without you." I told him with a light laugh, but I turned around to give him access to my back. I heard a sigh leaving his body when he saw he bruises and rug burns all over my body, at least that why I thought he was sighing. In a low voice, he told me "Giorno is busy right now, but I'll ask him to heal you." Punctuating his words by brushing his hand over my wounds.

I had to hold myself back from moving when I felt his feather-like touch on my skin and looked over my shoulder at him, "If he doesn't mind, yeah. It would definitely look bad at the ball to see the Capo's plus one with bruises all over." I said jokingly, earning growl masked behind a scoff from Bruno. "I couldn't care less what they think, amore." He stated as he spread the ointment, "I just hate to see you in pain, when I'm supposed to protect you." He told me as he finished treating my wound.

Turning around I quirked a brow, "Oh, love, you're doing plenty of that already. I swear, that-" I pointed to my bruises, "That's nothing, I can barely feel it," I continued, taking his hand in mine with a smile. He chuckled, brushing his thumb over the back of my hand with a small nod of his head. "I'll ask Giorno anyway, those are not the type of bruises you want on display" He said with an indescribable as he let go of my hand, touching the side of my neck before winking and leaving the room in a few swift steps.

Putting a hand on my neck I was stunned, did he mean...? Confused, I carefully draped my shirt on my back, buttoning it slowly as I tried to understand what he just did. The sound of a ping coming from my phone brought me back to reality, it was a text from Trish among tons of others in the group chat. Scrolling the conversation, they had talked about making a new plan of attack since I was definitely not ready, yet, for their bold idea of lingerie. 'I say, @Coda just tell him. At this point it'll be easier for everyone.' It was Trish. A lot of gasping emojis of shock, Mista then wrote 'NO, not that. / That'll ruin the / thing /' Frowning at his cryptic message, I started writing back.

'What do you mean, the thing?' just as I sent it, the gunman had sent another text 'fuck / I shouldn't have said that. / don't ask.' Letting out a laugh through my nose, I asked him what he meant, it was too late to back out, he had to spill the beans. He was writing for a longer time than usual, for a man that sent multiple short messages in one minute. 'The bet, that's what he meant. I'm not part of it though, I'm on your side babe.' Trish had replied with a winking emoji.

Her message was quickly followed by a flood of cursing, no's and emojis from Mista. He was out of it, 'She wasn't supposed to know until the end! / Trish that's so not cool / Not saying anything else / 🤐 🤐' Laughing I remembered they talked about something like this the first time we met up at the pub, but what was the topic of their bet, I didn't know. 'I'll be a team player, Mista. I'm not going to ask; I'll just ignore what you just said.' Sent. 'But I'm not going to confess either @Trish, too soon. Too stressed. Big no for now.' sent.

Putting my phone away, I left my room and joined Bucciarati downstairs, helping him set the table without a word. As we ate, I suggested he tried asking me questions about what I was supposed to know of the Passione Famiglia. He agreed and thus started our impromptu study session as we ate, between each bite he would ask me something. My answers weren't rapid fire, I would ponder a while before giving him answers I thought were kind of correct. He would chuckle, nod, then complete my answers with the missing pieces of information.

At the end of the meal, we deduced, out of this session, that I was way far from knowing anything about the Passion Famiglia. Laughing I argue to Bruno that there were too many names, too many relations, too many things but I would try my best to remember everything, I'm sure with a bit of determination I would be able to make it. "I'm sure you won't disappoint." He told me in a reassuring manner as we cleared the table from everything, Timo following us every step of the way in the hope of getting some leftovers.

"Now, how about we dance, cara?" he suggested in a delighted tone. Seeing how keen he seemed on dancing, I felt bad for being such a bad dance partner but I joined him nonetheless. "I can't really say no, now can I?" I said rhetorically, yet with a smile while taking his hand in mine as I put my hand on his shoulder. In my head it didn't make sense to learn one dance without knowing which song would be playing at the ball; It made it so hard for me, I had to really understand what I was doing to adapt to the music and boy was that hard.

My face would progressively heat up at each misstep, every beat I'd miss, every time I'd step on Bruno's toes. I would always mutter a soft sorry then we'd start over, the music playing from the beginning. I suppose waltz was easier than Tango, but there were so many twirls I would be confuse. Looking up at Bruno, instead of our feet, "You're telling me we're supposed to do this, with tons of people on the dance floor?" I asked, a bit of panic in my voice. With time I could surely manage the waltz, but if I have to be careful of the people around us? An incoming disaster.

Looking down at me with a genuine smile, he let out a laugh. "Don't worry, you won't hit them, I'll lead." He assured as we moved nimbly across the room. I focused my eyes back on our feet, in hope it'll help with not crushing his toes. I hummed in response, but another thought came to mind, "Oh god, what if I trip on the dress? Shit, I really hope it's not going to be something with a trail." I mumbled to myself as I followed Bruno's lead.

Interrupting our dance, Bruno lifted my chin as he gazed at me fondly, "Don't worry too much, I'm sure Victoria thought about it." he said in a calm and clear manner. I suppose I shouldn't doubt the seamstress, she was, after all, working for people I believe I could trust. But I couldn't help but be dubious, I had no clue what the dress was going to look like nor if it was going to fit me. "She knows what she's going, amore. You'll see." Bucciarati told me again as he let go of me my waist, stepping away.

"I think we're done for today; I can see you've had enough." He added as he stroked the back of my head gently before walking to the couch and sitting next to Timo. I eyed him a moment, flustered by his actions. If the heat didn't make me melt first, his every touch here and there definitely would. Sitting on the other side of Timo, I let my head fall on the back of the couch with a loud sigh, "I'm dead." I breathed out, which elicited a low chuckled from the mafioso on my left.

Looking at him from the corner of my eyes, I didn't move my head but I saw a bright smile on his face as Timo moved to his lap sleepily. "I'm sure you're not the only one, cara." He said softly as he gently patted the fluffball on his lap. After such a long day, the sweet sight of those two was so relaxing. I never would have thought, a few weeks ago, that I'd find myself in this situation but as much as it was unusual, I found some solace in not being alone in this. I had people to help me, even thought it was just because I was Benito's almost daughter.

Looking my way, Bruno's eyes met mine and I smiled. "Don't fall asleep yet, cara." He cooed as he stood up, Timo jumping off his lap. I groaned when he pulled me up on my feet, "My feet hurt from standing so much," I complained, but started walking past him once I was fully standing. "Is that so?" he asked in a playful tone, suddenly his hands were on my waist and I let out a silent gasp. He threw me over his shoulder, carrying me like a sack. Laughing, I tried to get off of him, but he didn't budge.

"I was exaggerating, I can walk. Come on." I drawled out, too tired to fight or struggle out of his grasp. He didn't let go of me until we were at the top of the stairs, where he delicately put me down, beaming. Without a word, he walked to his room, and I to mine. Teeth brushed, hair done for the night, pajamas on, phone in hand, I joined Bruno in bed with heavy feet. While I was tired, I was also wondering if tonight I was going to wake up in the middle of night with my nightmares and fear plaguing my mind again.

Sliding under the cover, I was careful not to bump Timo then dropped my head on the pillow. "I can't promise I'll be alive until the ball, capo." I whispered jokingly, facing the ceiling. Chuckling Bruno scooted closer to me, "I'm sure you'll survive, cara." He whispered back, before nudging me. Looking his way, he had an arm open as if inviting me to come closer. Quirking a brow, I pointed at me, then him, asking without words if I understood well what he wanted. He nodded.

He seems to regret his proposition for a moment, perhaps he thought he had overstepped. But I shuffled closer, entering his embrace without hesitation then let out a content sigh as he wrapped his arm around my back. This is better, I thought. But could I feel so good around him? Did I deserve his attention? Perhaps he just slept better with someone close, like I did with him... Burying the thoughts away, I closed my eyes and avoided thinking about it. It was hard to fall asleep with my brain running wild, but my exhaustion caught up quickly. In no time, I was sound asleep thanks to Bruno's calm heartbeat.

During the night I felt Bruno startle awake, which woke me up too. Humming I asked him if he was alright, he whispered a soft 'yes, go back to sleep my love.' Then he tightened his arms around me. Kissing my hair, he held me close and fell back to sleep too. I knew we couldn't help each other much; our fears were just that: ours. But we would be there for each other, to comfort one another. I couldn't ask for more in those times.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

749K 12K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
12.5K 300 16
[18+ MATURE CONTENT] "𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔," I mumble against his lips, my words barely audible over the pounding of my heart. "I hate everything about...
233 12 15
My hands were trembeling around my gun as I slowly stepped closer to the sound of screams. It was my third day as a police officer, and also the firs...
125K 2.1K 14
Arielle Anders, a sweet, innocent, pure girl. What happens when she meets the four Romano Brothers, Giovanni, Mario, Marco, and Angelo. What happen...