We don't want to Marry

nyctophilia13 द्वारा

Elena Caroline Black, daughter of a millionaire, is completely fine with an arranged marriage until she meets... अधिक

He hates me
I hate him
Finding Rosie
Tris' crush
First lead
bonding
falling apart
Manipulative narrow-minded fucks

Full of surprises

7 2 0
nyctophilia13 द्वारा

[A/N]: This is one of my most favourite chapter, you'll know why after you read it! But beware you might just fall in love with Charles from now on, even though he's going pull some asshat moves later... hehe...

We went to a street full of wanderers selling food. A mixed cultural street food street! It was a mess honestly but it had it's own beauty, in a weird way. I lifted my eyes to see multi-coloured lighting. Everything there, was so different and rare. They clashed and mixed with each other.

"I have to warn you. Your digestive system can take a toll but you have to try this. Sweet or spicy?" He asked and looked at me.

"Aren't sweets eaten at the end?"

"Does anyone here look like they care about mannerisms?" Horribly no, some people were even quite disgusting and unhygienic. I made a face, while Charles laughed and dragged me to different food stalls.

That was the best night I had in a long time. Not just the food, but also the people. I have never talked to so many strangers in one night. Then at some point someone decide that it was time for music, and everybody danced, obviously Charles dragged me there. It wasn't some vulgar dance like at clubs, there were old people, young kids everyone was dancing together. It didn't really matter if they even knew the first thing about each other.

At some point Charles picked up a small girl and started ball dancing with her and I had to take a picture. It would have felt illegal not to.

***

"Did Rose tell you about that place?" So here we were, sitting on some deserted bridge, with our bike not far away, eating our ice creams.

"Yes, we used to go there every Saturday." A sad smile rested on his face. It was really sweet how much he loved her. Made me wish I had someone like that too.

"What did you actually want to do? If not business..." I remembered suddenly. A smile appeared on his face. He finished the ice creamed, got up and offered his hand. I was intrigued so I placed mine in his.

He took me to a small diner. We were almost on the outer edge of the town and it was very late, probably midnight.

That place was really cute and cozy as well. As we enter I saw a bartender waving at Charles and he passed him a nod.

"Just wait a few minutes." He said. We asked another bartender for a glass of corona. Obviously I didn't let Charles drink, he was the driver for the night.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Charles Windsor." I turned around to find the previous bartender say. Charles confidently walked up to the stage, picked up a guitar and sat on the edge of a tall chair. He tapped the microphone a few times and started,

"I want to dedicate this song to a very special girl. My fiancé is here tonight and I just want to thank her for everything she's done for me and I know she'll keep on doing for me, for giving me happiness and hope at life all over again. I want her to know that she's beautiful even in her sweatpants and baggy shirt..." He gestured towards me and sent a wink. Everyone turned towards me and started clapping. I shyly blushed and nodded towards everyone.

That's when he started singing 'perfect' by Ed Shreen and every other sound faded away, it was just his guitar and his voice, he seemed to completely own everyone's attention, mine definitely included.

"I found a girl for me..."

As he finished the song the whole diner burst in cheers. Charles thanked them and ran towards me and he twirled me again. He seemed to do that a lot today. I smiled back and hugged him. For a moment I thought we had a moment there as we stared at each other but I quickly dismissed that thought.

But the people wanted more so they started chanting, "Kiss, kiss, Kiss!" We looked at each other, embarrassed this time. But he leaned in. I didn't like that at all.

"Hey, don't freak out okay? It'll be over before you know it." I nodded and our lips met. A few caresses and it was done. He was right. He held me with a smile, we both bowed to the crowd and eventually we had to leave.

I texted Tris that I was alright, when I saw his twelve missed calls and twenty two messages.

"So you want to become a singer?" I asked not wanting the conversation to take any awkward turns.

"Wanted. Past. I have given up long ago."

"Why?"

"You know why." Family business. Yeah I knew. I wondered if Tris would ever have to give up his passion for our business. But I could always take ove... No, father didn't even want me studying.

"So have you written any songs?" I questioned.

"Yes but you won't like them. They're not that good." I just shrugged. What if they were actually bad? I smiled sadly and said,

"Isn't it weird? The one who wants... wanted to be a singer had to take over business and the one who actually wants to do just that, has to fight to even study." We looked at each other and for a few minutes actually got lost, with sorrowful smiles plastered on our faces.

"That and pole dancing." Charles joked and handed me the helmet.

When we reached the Black Mansion, we bid each other good night.

"Everything will be fine, Lena. Just don't give up like me. Take care of yourself." He leaned and placed a kiss on my forehead before putting his helmet back on.

I turned and Tris spent the first five minutes cheking if I was hurt. I rolled my eyes and filled him in.

"Can I sleep with you? It's just with drugs and everything, I can't sleep." I know my brother can be an imbecile but he's a cute imbecile. You just can't say no to him.

I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his on mine because he was too big to play small spoon now. I'm sure I slept first. My last though being,

'Why does Charles have to be rude when I can have him and so sweet when I can't have him?'

The whole next week was a panic attack. I was so stressed about exams, I refused to go out of my room unless we were going for exams. Everyone tried but no one succeeded.

Finally, Charles decided to cook chicken for me the third day and lasagne the fourth day. He was indeed full of surprises. But he had to bring the food to my mouth. Yes, I made him feed me. Then he got fed up and left. Something about feeling like my babysitter.

When I finally stepped out of my college after the last exam I was ambushed by guys. Not exactly, but three in particular,

"Phew! That was exhausting." Sam said beside me.

"Are you going to start interacting with fellow humans beings now?" Tris teased.

"We have our engagement party tomorrow night." Charles delivered. I groaned.

"I'm so tired, I need to relax." I complained then I got a message from Sam. He was standing right beside me!

Do you wanna go to our massage parlour?

This was just one of our things but no one knew because apparently it would dent Sam's oh-so-manly reputation. His words not mine. Boys!

But the offer was tempting enough.

Yes please, right not!!!

"You guys know that we can tell you're texting each other right?" Tris deadpanned.

"Yes Phil, we just made plans and didn't want to invite you." Sam insulted.

"Ouch." Charles said but Tris glared and blabbered,

"Well you know what me and Charles have plans too?" Did Tris have no one else to torment.

"We d-do?"

"We do." Tris stated firmly. Then proceed to take Charles and drag him to his own car. Charles threw a pleading look before Tris shoved him in the car.

Okay, that was so funny, it was therapeutic.

***

I was bored at my own engagement party. If you saw a woman in red gown, a ring on her finger and alone, sulking. That was the bride. Charles had left me to find his best friends. Sam had just left. Tris didn't come because he didn't want to. Classic Tris.

Oh by the way, Tris had forced Charles to paint balling and I had to listen to the two the two of them bicker for hours about whose fault it was that they lost. I wasn't complaining...

"Miss Black?" I turned to find a very handsome man advancing his hand. He was wearing a blue Armani suit, he blond hair gelled back.

Oh come on El! Your fiancé's going to ditch you in a month anyway. Don't let this man go. My subconscious encouraged me.

"Yes, Mr..." He threw me an appealing smirk.

"Webster. Will you give me the pleasure of stealing you from your fiancé for one dance?" He asked smoothly.

Oh you can steal me from my fiancé for every dance to come.

"The pleasure's all mine." I said, placing my hand in his. He placed his on my waist and we starting swirling around to the music.

"Ted!" Oh so now he chooses to come back to his fiancé. Fantastic! One of these days I'm going to end up killing Charles. But he's sweet sometimes so he's alive. For now...

They hugged each other.

"Why are you hitting on my fiancé?" Charles enquired and pulled me into him, placing a hand around my waist.

"Old habits die hard?" He offered. So he was a flirt too. Guuurreaaaaatteee!

"Lena, this is one of my best friends, Ted Webster and the others are waiting to meet you." Charles said. Awesome, one guy I find hot, he's my fiancé's bestfriend. Am I not a lucky one?

"This is Buck Sanchester and this is Mary Kate. And guys hands off of her." He warned. Buck was very handsome as well. And Mary was the prettiest blond I ever met.

She hugged me and complimented, and Buck followed her actions. I talked to them for a long time and for the first time in the party I didn't feel lonely.

I found out that they were childhood best friends and therefore shared dirt on each other. I had not expected Charles to be so wild in his teenage days but he was. Their favourite thing to do together was check out girls since Mary was gay. They actually did check out everyone who passed us, I just sort of laid back when they did.

"Everyone, may I have your attention?" Mr. Windsor clicked his wine glass and made a speech. I barely registered the words. I guess I was a little inebriated. Although I'm too proud to admit it. I remember kissing Charles before he shook his head as if knowing I was drunk and biding everyone goodbye and plopping down on bed in my gown, not bothering to change. What an engagement party!!

I woke up next day to a crumpled dress, messed up hair and bad head ace. But I cleaned up because I had plans with Sam.

"El, open up." I opened the door to fresh looking Sam. He was wearing black jeans with a loose shirt with the top few buttons unclasped.

"Did you get shit-faced last night? Without me? Traiter!" He accused. After I explained to him, we went on about our day. Shopping, eating, judging people and then finally, movie in the evening.

We were just entering the theatre when I met Ted Webster. Oh Cupid! His blond hair were covered by a hoddie and he was sporting some ripped jeans.

"What brings your gorgeous self here today, Elena?" He asked. Obviously I blushed.

"I'm just her to watch movie with my friend Sam Johnson. Sam, this is Charles' best friend." I introduced and they shook hands.

"Ted Webster, nice to meet to."

"You too. Do you want to come along with us?" Sam offered.

"Actually, everyone's here and we were watching some action movie. I'll go call them." I told Sam who he meant by everyone. I saw Charles striding towards us with a pleasant smile. He shook Sam's hand and gave me a hug.

"Sam Johnson. Elena's best friend." Sam spoke to Mary's breasts. I rolled my eyes. Boys! Although Mary was looking very sweltering with her black cocktail dress.

"Mary Kate. I like girls." She replied. Everyone shared a laugh while Sam turned to a tomato.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

109K 2.3K 27
" they'll know we're faking if I'm not kissing or touching my girlfriend, dumbass " - Miles and Diana. Two best friends ever since child's legs. Wit...
1.8M 65K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
70.2K 1.3K 37
"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million pounds to be exact." Stefan said as he...
103K 3.2K 50
Elena kingsley - A simple, kind and bubbly girl working as a wedding planner comes to plan the wedding of The Hayden McCarthy of McCarthy industries...