The Return Of Rebel

By freakypizza18

Meet Tina Mehta an Indian girl studied in USA returns back to home town after 4 years and after 2.5 years fat... More

Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15 (Part 1)
Chapter:15 (Part 2)
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter:27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Chapter:36
Chapter: 37
Chapter:38
Chapter:39
Chapter:40
Chapter:41
Chapter:42
Chapter:43
Chapter: 44
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter:22

52 4 1
By freakypizza18

Life update:

It's been three weeks me being here in NYC and I settled pretty quickly. We hung out for a drink or two in a nearby bar or club or even have dinner. But, Tyler never joined us, though he can now tolerate me around that is breathing in one room and the scowling was reduced too.

Currently, it was 2:30 pm and it was a busy day as I was working on a project and cherry on the top was I still haven't had my lunch and I was famished which resulted in me being hangry and an hangry Tina is bad for everyone's health so I reached my bag picked out a granola bar from the small box I keep.

I was half way through my bar when my phone started to buzz at a low volume of my ringtone 'I'm sorry the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now, why?' I picked my phone and saw a familiar contact which actually gave me a mini heart attack as this number never called me till date it was just for an emergency.

Red Alert! Fuck!! What's wrong shit something is definitely wrong.

"Hello". I told.

Looking at that time which meant it was around midnight in India, this might not be good so I braced myself for the impact and set my bar down on the table.

"Di, thank god you picked up I am Shanice one of Krishika's bestfriend actually I am sorry K is not at all fau-" she was cut off because of the background squealing and crying which I recognised as my sister's.

I mentally prayed for everything to be okay and it was just my paranoia but nothing was right something was wrong.

"K, will you shut up I am talking okay no I am not telling who it is, no the person is not my boyfriend shutup or else I will call your parents". Shanice my sister's friend threatened her.

"Okay, what's going on and why my sister is crying and squealing like a drunk and please don't tell me she actually is drunk". I told her in an eerily calm voice."Where are you guys?" I asked further.

"Di, actually we had planned for a night out for a friend's birthday but things turned out wrong when we reached the club and we were separated for sometime and when I got her she had a glass of drink which I know that someone had spiked her drink and I took her to the bathroom to clean her up and made her drink water too so that she can sober up a bit, but something was very strong that was mixed in her drink". She informed me.

"Okay, which club you guys are in?" I asked.

"The Night Life". She answered and her voice was frantic and to be honest it was then I notice she was shit scared and I had to handle the whole situation carefully.

"Okay Shanice, calm down it is okay you did a great job thank you by handling the situation and you too care and just hold yourself abit for now I am sending you a number send that person your current location on whatsapp and don't worry he is my brother and he will drop you home too and you people get some rest I will handle the rest". I informed her.

"Okay and thank you so much, Di. But just to be clear Krishika isn't at fault". She sided my sister.

Ofcourse, she would side her I am not angry at my sister just disappointed I have had told her to be careful while partying but because of her stupidity she is now stuck.

I was quick to dial Meet's number as I know all the brothers are currently all alone as my uncle and aunt are at my mum's parents house.

"Hello Meet, listen I am sending you a number you got to pick them no questioning I will explain later and it's Krish". I told him frantically because I was on full panic mode currently.

I sent him Shanice's number while he was still on the phone.

"Okay, her name is Shanice and you got to pick her and her friend and drop her friend at her place too".

"Okay calm down I will pick them up". He said and hung up.

Hanging up the call without a bye was totally normal with me and my brother and in this situation he won't even taunt me because he was too worried about the situation but unlike me he was calm.

I send Shanice my brother's number and she kept her phone on speaker until she sent her location to my brother.

It was 20 minutes drive from my brother's house so it wasn't a problem plus during such moments my brother was enough careful to not get into an accident and reach places quickly so as per my calculations he might reach in 10 to 15 minutes.

"Hello? You there on the line?" I asked.

"Yes, I am". She replied.

"Don't hang up the call until my brother comes and keep talking to me okay he might reach in 15 to 20 minutes and he will drop you to your home don't panic". I told her controlling myself from having panic attack.

We kept on talking about random things just so she doesn't hang up. After 10 minutes to be exact she told me she is putting me on hold as my brother's calling me I just replied an okay.

She resumed my call and helped my sister and herself towards te exit where the car was and she met my brother and gave him the cellphone.

"Hello Meet? You there?" I asked.

"Yes, I am and chill out I have got them now". He told me.

"How can I calm down, Meet? She is drunk out of her mind and she-ughhh I hate this situation, listen just drop Shanice at her home and I will inform mom and dad that you three and Krish are having a movie night today along with me on a video call and pack a duffle bag for her but first drop Shanice, go to my place and take her bag and tell them that she was talking with me or she is getting something from shops so you came by to pick her bag up and move out of my house as fast as possible otherwise they would question sand might get suspicious and after you get the bag call me back". I told him.

"Okay". Is what he said "I am giving the girl her phone back calm down and I will call you in 15 minutes".

"Okay". I said

After some shuffling, my sister's friend took her phone back and answered

"Thank you so much, please don't scold her she isn't at fault". Shanice pleaded with me.

"Okay but be careful thank you, Shanice goodnight". I told her.

"Yes, and it was my duty as a bestfriend and bye". She said.

"Bye". While hanging up the phone.

After 10 minutes I got a call from brother again, as I had told him to call me back after dropping my sister's friend.

"Hello". My brother said.

"Hello? Is she okay?" I asked.

"Yes Tina, she is okay now breath". My brother ordered.

"How can I, bhai? (Brother) she is drunk out of her mind dude I am worried what if she falls for the wrong group of people? I am not even there to help her out or to guide her I guess I should come back to India it is fine I can leave this job can do any other thing I even have an accounting and finance major degree and I might think of other thing but I cannot risk my baby sister". I ranted out my thoughts.

Surprisingly, my brother didn't interrupt me when I was on my rant.

"Are you done" My brother asked which was more like a statement.

"Um-hm". I said.

"First, sit down and drink water". He said.

I did what he told me too,"I did".

"Okay Tia, listen I know you are concerned and all I get it okay I am there for her you don't need to come back here we will handle stuff and you aren't quitting your job that's final". He said with a tone that left no room for an argument.

"But-" he cut me off and said,"no if's and but's, I will take care about everything I promise and trust me on this". He assured me.

"Meet, the thing is not about trust and not about worrying the thing is I am scared for her, she drank alcohol today she is still underage". I voiced my thoughts.

"Tia, trust me-" he was now cut off by my side as there was a knock on my cabin as Tressa came inside asking me,"You coming for lunch?" She asked.

"Nope, I am not hungry bring me a granola bar". I told her.

She sighed and said, "I know Tweets, you are nervous about your very first project overhere there is nothing to worry about, you still have tomorrow to finalize everything, you have to eat something first, when was the last time you had lunch?" She asked cocking her eyebrow.

By now I know I am under scrutiny by my brother and my friend, he was listening this whole conversation on the phone and my friend in front of me.

"Um-" I stumbled upon my words.

"Three days back Tweets, you aren't having your dinner properly too". She informed.

"Tina Mehta, give your friend your phone this instant". My brother spoke through the phone.

Uh-huh Tina, you are in deep, deep trouble and he was so loud that we heard him clearly even though the phone wasn't on speaker.

My friend snatched my phone and started speaking,"Yes, I get it, yes I am taking her and yup I will if I have too by the way I am Tressa Clarke yes nice to meet you well technically hear you, yeah I am giving her the phone back". She passed me my phone back.

I just sighed and had put my phone back on my ear before I could even utter a word my brother literally shouted on me and forced me to eat otherwise he would tell my friend to drag me by my hair and force feed me to which I just replied and okay and ended the call. Thank God, his phone was connected to the bluetooth system of the car otherwise there would have being an accident by now.

I took my sketch book in which I was sketching my friend's dresses and other pencil case and made my way to the nearest vegetarian fast food restaurant w hich was across the street where I ordered a sandwich and fries because fries are mandatory.

My friend and I were eating while talking about random stuff as we had promised no work talks while having or lunches and dinners.

It was around 3:30 pm when we were done and we went back to office. I got back to meeting last minute things because tomorrow I would just do the last changes and everything.

It was around 10 when I moved out of office and I was alone as I made my friends Tyson and Tressa forcefully to go back home as they hadn't spend much time lately.

I came out of office building I saw Tyson sitting on the couch which was in the lobby on the ground floor of the building and he was texting I quickly made my way towards him.

"Hey, I told you guys to spend time together why are you here?" I asked him.

"You know there is this person named Tina Mehta who is one of my best friend, she is a freaking workaholic and she always zones out while doing her work so I had actually came to drag her from here but than this door man said that she is coming down so I was waiting for you". He explained.

I side hugged and thanked him for coming by. That's when he removed a cheese sandwich with the mango pickle I had brought from India. "Have it". He told me sternly but there was a hint of playfulness in his tone so I knew he isn't serious but only concerned.

"I am not famished, Tyson". I told him pushing the sandwich.

"Than you are in trouble because I was strictly warn to not fall for that excuse otherwise you are getting a call from you brother Meet and my girlfriend and your bestfriend will go all Jackie Chan on both us, so not for your sake but eat for my sake". He literally pleaded.

Infact he got me first half of the sentence because getting a call for having my dinner from my brother is the worst nightmare literally he will come here and force feed me. Yes, that's my family for you.

We made our way towards the car and I unpacked the sandwich and applied some pickle inside of the sandwich and had a bite I literally moaned out of happiness.

I sat in the passenger seat and Tyson started to drive the car, "Did you guys eat?" I asked.

"Ofcourse, we finished our dinner and than I had to actually call the doorman to ask if you left the office or not, so Tess made sandwhiches and pushed me out of the door". He said his eyes on te road.

Suddenly an another car had over taken us which might had resulted in a brutal accident if Tyson hadn't have controlled the car in time.

"Abe chutiye, chalane nai aati kya bhenchod". (Hey fucker, don't you know how to drive, motherfucker). I cussed in Hindi which I often did when I was angry. "Tyson, over take the person and stop in the middle and trust me I know what I am doing".

He did what I said and I was quick to put my sandwhiches in my bag and had already thrown my bag at the side and Tyson did the same as I had told him. Because this is me we are talking about the rebel is out now and no one messes with this side of mine.

I quickly put my hair in a ponytail and made my way out of the car and knocked at the driver's window and made him roll down his car window.

"Bhenchod, (fucker) what is wrong with you dude? Don't you know how to drive you could have caused an accident!" I exclaimed in rage. "Fucker, shall I drag you to police station and I am quiet sure, you than have to explain a lot of things to them and I can press charges too". I ranted.

I was actually a ticking bomb because of all the nervousness and he got caught in between and now the person is getting a piece of my mind.

"Hey, I am sorry I won't do again please don't do anything no charges and all I promise". That person was so scared that he could've peed in his pants by now. He was also looking like an underage to drive.

What is wrong with the teens now-a-days can't they just wait for a proper age to do everything.

So I just huffed and took a calm breath and told him yeah whatever and made my way towards Tyson's car again. We made our way towards the home in a silence because ragging Tina is bad like real bad just like hangry Tina.

We reached home and Tressa opened the door even before I can ring the bell. She automatically knew that something happened.

I put my bag on the couch made my way towards the kitchen and removed a water bottle and drank the whole bottle and threw the bottle in the garbage and moved towards the living room while putting my hair in a bun.

"You know what happened just now". I told my friend. "Chutiya (fucker), what does he thinks of himself behnco malum usne overtake kiya aacha huva he wasn't rude otherwise I would've being behind jail bars by now for a murder case (fucker, overtook our car and thank god he agreed his mistake otherwise I would've being in a jail cell for a murder case) I told her while removing the sandwhich I had kept in my bag earlier.

I sanitized my hands again from the sanitizer I had kept in my bag and started eating the food. My friend didn't say a word because she knew I was on a roll she just had an amused expression on her face.

"Today was officially a fuck all day do you know when I got up I slipped in the bathroom and I got a bruise on my hip, than my sister thinks it would be a great idea to get involved in underage drinking wait". I told and removed my phone from my bag and texted my brother to tell my sister when she wakes up to get the measurements of my friend, Seema and her soon to be husband tomorrow itself so that I can start stitching the clothes after my meeting which is the day after tomorrow.

Until now, my friend was just watching me with an amusement expression which was mixed with a worried one too. She didn't speak a word though and let me ranted out things.

"Than I work late and my brother and bestfriend force feed me like this wasn't enough, I get into road rage GREAT LIKE GREAT in all caps". I said her with annoyance.

"Tina Mehta breath, will you?" She ordered.

That's when I realised what I was doing and took a calm breath.

"Will you mind if I sleep now I am tired and thank you and Tyson for the ride back and sandwhiches they were yummy". I told her.

"It's fine, go and sleep you need it". My friend said with a smile.

I just shook my head to Tess and made my way towards my room. I straight went to my closet and pulled out a t-shirt and shorts and made my way towards the bathroom I washed my face and removed all the makeup and changed my clothes.

After that I literally dragged myself towards my bed so that I can get that much needed sleep as.

Next day I wake up with the silence, I picked my phone and saw it was 7:30 which means I was half an hour late I quickly shoot a good morning to all the family and cousin groups I had and made my way towards the closet I picked out the first thing I got which was a navy blue dresses which reached just above my knees and had pockets and it had red coloured buttons in the middle of the dress which started from the neckline of the dress till the waist and I had paired it with white coloured shoes and I had put my hair in a bun as I didn't have much time to do anything with them I packed my bag, took my phone and dashed towards the kitchen.

As I was about to start making my breakfast I saw a note which was written by Tess:

'I saw you sleeping so didn't disturb you, I prepared you black coffee and some toasts I will be back around 8:30 I am having my bath'.

I checked the time it was 8:20 so I decided to drink my coffee and have some breakfast sliently so that I don't face the wrath from my brother. I even packed some salad for my lunch because I know couldn't digest anything else as I have a meeting to handle tomorrow otherwise salads and me best enemies forever. People tell me that I feed myself as much as an army officer eats so you can figure out by my hatred towards salads I know they are fresh and all but they aren't fulfilling to stomach so yes.

We did our normal routine like other three having their breakfast while I talked with family and reminding my brother for the measurements my sister needs to take of my friends, ofcourse I am not talking to her anytime soon I had told her we can drink together once she is legal and everything but can't she wait until she is 21.

We reached office and I was doing the last minute checkings with all the designs before they go for photo copying and also the deal papers that the company has to sign as it was a collaboration between two companies.

By the time I was done only with the designs it was already past afternoon that is it was 4pm and I was happy no one came by to force me to eat so I decided to take a break and than go back to work so I put my music on and made my way towards the café across the street of the office buildingw hich we went the other day though I had packed salad but I would eat it later in the evening.

I ordered some juice, fries and vegan burgers within 15 minutes my order was on the table I thanked the server and started digging in my food while enjoying the music currently it was one of my favourite songs 'Death by thousand cuts by Taylor Swift' playing so I had that smile on my face and I even mouthed the bridge of the song which actually takes alot of breath as it has this fast verses.

I talked to all my cousins even my sister was there she inputed some words here and there towards me I just switched the topic whenever she tried to talk everyone noticed that but chose to ignore it.

"Why are those bags under your eyes?" One of my cousin Preeti asked.

"Oh, that's just because of the work no big deal". I explained.

I had actually started to feel a mild headache so I decided to wear my glasses as I had rarely worn them, it was pretty bad because it was stressing my eyes a lot and I wear my lenses on certain occasions.

While I was talking I noticed an another incoming video call up so I decided to talk to my cousin's later I promised them that I will call them later.

I quickly picked up the video call and an another similar face came into my view."Hello, Mr. Shaikh"

"Oh hello, did someone just forget about her promise". Aadil taunted.

"Nope, I haven't but the thing is the day I set my foot here, there is this 24 hour drama following me". I justified myself.

"Oh yeah what's the tea?" He faked an English accent while gesturing sipping tea like a sophisticated English lady.

"You know you look bad while doing that". I laughed.

"Whatever spill". He said while rubbing his hand together.

I explained everything from Tyler to meeting that is going to be held tomorrow.

"Okay officially I bow thy the queen of drama that's a lot to take in and I take my words back for not calling". He told me.

I shrugged and looked at the time and I widened my eyes at the realisation it was 4:45 pm and I was now behind my schedule shit. I quickly said a bye and explained my situation which he understood and took my juice and fries along with me and returned to office while thinking what my cousins and my friend were doing being up this late but I shrugged it off thinking that I was just getting paranoid because if something was wrong they would have told me already.

My phone dinged indicating that I received a message that was from my sister she said that she will be sending me the measurements later today to which I had replied with a thumbs up emoji ending our conversation there but she sent an I am sorry and didn't get my message that the conversation ends at the thumbs up.

She called me but I ended the call even without picking it up now, I hope she doesn't call me and gets the message that I don't want to talk to her.

It was around 8pm when I was done with everything the only thing was left to photo copy everything I needed for tomorrow.

While I was going to the photocopy bhoot of our office I felt a tap on my shoulder which made me jump and screamed left my mouth which I quickly muffled with cupping my palm.over my mouth.

I put a hand on my heart which was beating rapidly because of the sudden tap and left a breath out when I saw it was Tyson who had tapped me

"What are you doing". Tyson said and Tressa was beside as they were leaving office.

"Um photocopying this?" I said which came out more like question.

"Oh yes, you can do that tomorrow c'mon let's go home". Tyson practically dragged me towards the door.

"Okay okay, I am coming with you both but let me grab my bag". I told him.

I entered my cabin to get my things Tyson and Tressa hot on my heels.

I took out a manila envelope from the drawer and put all the designs and documents in them, packed them in my bag neatly, grabbed my phone and other things and turned towards them, "Ready" I said with a huge smile.

We sat in Tyson's car as per our regular arrangement minus Tyler he had already left for office an hour early and my other two friends were waiting for me so I don't over work.

As the car accelerated I cleared my throat and I had to say them one day or the other so I decided to tell them now.

"Um-guys?" I said but came out shaky and more like a question rather than a statement "I got to say something to you both".

"T, you are going to be fine you would be kicking ass and impressing everyone if they didn't get impressed than they would be blind". Tyson encouraged me and Tess just nodded her head in the encouragement.

"Yeah that is but I have tell you something else". I said a bit firmly.

"Don't tell me you are going back India when I have just found you". Tess said.

"No I am not going back to India anytime soon, but this is something else about the two and half years I spent back in Mumbai". I said looking down.

"Okay what is it?" Tyson asked.

"Look guys I didn't mean to pry or anything but I had to do it". I told them.

They just nodded their heads telling me to go on with what I had to say and I explained about my arrangement with Amy and everything by the time I was done the car was at a stop at the side of the street which I hadn't notice until now and they were looking at me like they were controlling their laughter.

It was like they could read my thoughts and burst out laughing they took around good 15 minutes to sober up and I was gwaking them like the idiot I am.

"Oh babygirl, we know that already we actually caught Ams and you talking on the phone a year ago but we didn't tell her or you that because we didn't want you to feel bad or even her sk chill and also there are many things you got to learn". She winked.

"What". I screeched "Does Tyler knows that?" I asked.

"No, he doesn't so chill but tell him once you guys start talking". She informed.

"Ofcourse by the way I am sorry for that". I told them and they said it is okay and car started moving and we had our light banter throughout the journey.

Once we reached home it was 9:30 pm talk about New York traffic though it is nothing compared to Mumbai's but it was pretty similar so getting homesick was out of question sometimes I feel like I am still in Mumbai.

"What say? Pizza for dinner?" Tyson suggested.

"Yess please". Tess and me both said in unison and let out a laugh.

"Mine is cheese, jalapeños and black olives please". I said.

"Yes, I remember your obsession with cheese and those olives and chillies". He said shaking his head amusement. "What do you want babe?"

"Cheese and green olives". She said.

"Okay, so I will order cheese". He said while dialing the number of nearby pizza joint.

"My treat". I yelled. Before they can even protest I gave them a look which made final that I am paying to which they just shrugged.

The orders were placed and they would be delivering our orders in 20 minutes so we decided to freshen up quickly and meet down stairs.

I plugged my phone to the charger and put on a huge hoodie and washed my face and moved downstairs with my phone and the cash to pay for the pizza.

I was the first to reach down so I decided to put on the TV to see whether anything interesting was airing on.

I was causally surfing through the channels when the doorbell rang I made my way towards the door to get the pizzas.

I opened the door to find Tyler on the door so I quickly moved aside so he can come in and closed the door. Before I can speak to him or ask him about the reason he rung the bell because we all had own set of keys, he went straight towards his room. But I did notice his eyes they were worried and there were bags underneath his eyes I just thought it was because of the project we are working on, it was a huge deal to everyone.

I was still on the door when the bell rang again for the second time and saw there were four boxes instead of three that means Tyler would've texted his order via text to Tyson I collected the box and paid the guy and told him to keep the change as his tip.

"Pizza's here". I shouted.

The other Ts made their way down towards the living room and we settled down on the couch whereas, Tyler took his pizza box in his hands, "Who paid?" He asked.

"Me". I announced with a shrug.

He forwarded a 20 dollar bill towards me but I refused while shaking my head and said, "It was my treat".

He was about to say something but I cut him off, "It's fine, I know we aren't on speaking terms and it is my mistake I agree to it and regret it too and I am sorry for whatever I did, but please don't build a wall atleast for them you are angry with me, atleast don't shut them out". I pleaded.

"I am not shutting them out you don't know what it is so don't meddle". He said calmly, which was way more dangerous than his angry voice.

"Oh yes, than tell me when was the last time you hung out with him?" I questioned because I knew last time they hung out was the Halloween night and it is already three weeks.

He just opened and closed his mouth like a goldfish because he knew I was right he shut them out too.

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Tressa and Tyson watching our conversation with an amused expression.

Suckers.

"Listen, I get it you hate me and all but if you want I don't hang out with you and them it is fine I will go back to room and you can stay with them and talk". I said while taking my pizza box along with me and getting up so that he can stay.

"No, wait I didn't mean to rude it's that I am just curious why did you leave like that and angers me more". He confessed to which I just gaped with an open mouth because I didn't expected him to say anything. "You can stay here with them and so do I, we can have food together, though it will take time to get used to everything and it will take time to forgive too but eventually everything will be at ease and you don't have to tell me anything today it is fine". He further added.

I just smiled and sat at my place back and he sat on the opposite side of the couch and gave me a small smile which I returned it made me feel that everything's going to be okay not the next day but atleast soon, And that smile actually made my heart skip a beat and I knew I never overcame those feelings I had and I loved him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello,

I hope you guys like this chapter and keep voting and commenting on the chapters it means alot.

Thank you❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 2 23
This is my first book... :-) ...
103K 6.1K 65
Dear Readers, I am going to delete "Hers Professor" and I will let you know before I do it, as I am busy at the moment. Because even though I got imm...
690 87 26
❤️Completed ❤️ This is a story of a girl Mehek Sharma who loved flowers, sunsets and mountains. A girl who loved writing and had dreams bigger than u...