You're My Anchor (Rarijack)

By ohmyrarity

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎�... More

Chapter 1: 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬
Chapter 2: 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧
Chapter 3: 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐥
Chapter 4: 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡
Chapter 6: 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

Chapter 5: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

1.6K 91 447
By ohmyrarity

~ ⚓ ~

Applejack's POV:

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

*BEEP*

The hard-felt footsteps began to approach me like an earthquake is bound to happen.

"Come on, big sis! Ya have to get up for school! And that alarm is really annoyin'!" Someone said with a high-pitched voice.

I started to lift my eyelids widely open, and I groggily rubbed my eyes. My sight was focused on the ceiling above me. I remained still on my bed, staring motionlessly.

I honestly forgot that today was the first day of being a junior in my school. Apple Bloom is also transferring to the same high school where I go to.

I really can't believe how fast she is growing up.

Sadly, the summer is coming to an end, and it was starting to get cooler out there.

"Ugh.. what?" I mumbled, still half-asleep. My body turned over to the sound and it turned out to be Apple Bloom.

"..Did ya really forget or what? It's our first day of school so ya gotta get up and get ready!" Apple Bloom said while she acts super enthusiastic.

It sounds like she's really excited about entering in high school for the first time ever as a freshman.

I stared at my little sister for a few seconds, sinking the facts in. I eventually groaned, stuffing my head with my pillow.

"Feel ya." She laughed. Apple Bloom seems like she was about to leave my room but stopped her tracks.

"Oh, right! Granny wants to see ya when ya are done, Applejack! She doesn't like it when ya are late." Apple Bloom commented.

Huh? Granny wants to see me? I wonder what it will be about..?

That got my whole attention so I took the pillow off my head and moved it back to where it belonged.

I began to look over at Apple Bloom, rolling a little over to my right side.

"Oh.. okay. For what reason?" I asked, curiously. Apple Bloom stared at me, looking clueless, "Beats me," She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Anyways.. I have to go and prepare for my very first day of bein' a freshman! Please don't be late, big sis!" Apple Bloom said. When her final words was out, she officially left my room and shut the door besides her.

I breathed out a heavy sigh, running my fingers through my messy blond hair as I started to feel frustrated for a unknown reason.

Why do I feel so frustrated and unmotivated?

Probably because it's the first day of school... Knowing that I am going to see someone who wouldn't be so happy to see me.

Rarity.

It is really going to be difficult when I see her, especially after I broke her heart.

But the truth is.. I couldn't keep avoiding her anymore, neither can she.

We'd have to see each other anyways because of our best friends. We are still friends with those people, let's not forget that.

Life never just stop for anyone, so we got to keep living our lives.

I arose from my bed, as I started to feel ready to start the day.  I headed to my bathroom and began the morning routine.

After that, I grabbed my signature hat and carefully put it on top of my long blonde hair.

I righted my hair in a typical low loose ponytail, and I always use this hairstyle, never anything else. I let my hair down sometimes, but I don't really show it to anyone. Next, I slowly walked to my wooden-built closet.

I looked at all of my outfits inside the wooden closet. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of clothes, not that I care anyways.

I just need a outfit to wear through the day, or work duds for the farm and that's it. What's the point of caring about what you wear? Unless it's for a special occasion..

Unlike some people make it a big deal about dressing up almost daily and look nice..

After taking a look at my clothes, I decided to wear a white tank top with a unzipped crimson red bomber jacket overlapping it, along with ripped blue jeans and brown cowgirl boots.

"APPLEJACK!" Someone yelled out loudly. It sounded like it was from downstairs.

I am pretty sure it's Granny.

Before I head down, I tugged my jacket to make it look okay, not bothering if I looked good or not. I collected my phone, keys, and backpack then headed downstairs.

I walked down the stairs with confusion implanted in my brain.

Something doesn't seem right.

I noticed Apple Bloom laughing at Big Mac for some reason. Granny Smith kept yelling. They were all in the kitchen.

"What is this ruckus?!" Granny Smith angrily yelled out, pointing at something.

She looked so furious like her bottle is about to shatter open.

They were looking at something so I joined them by curiosity of the situation. I glanced and saw the flour spread all over the floor dominating most of the kitchen.

I met them by tip-toeing over the flour, trying to not make it a mess even more.

"What in the tarnation happened here?!" I asked, raising my voice, not very pleased about this situation.

"Ask the genius, Big Mac!" Apple Bloom said in between her laughs, thinking everything in the moment is funny.

I glinted at a guilty Big Mac, waiting for an explanation.

"Uh.. well. I tried to bake a pie but I failed." Big Mac said, his head bent down, folding his arms ashamedly.

Really?! He actually did that?

"Seriously, Big Mac?! Why would ya even bake a pie without us? Ya know very well that ya aren't good at that area." Granny Smith said, harshly. She seems very outraged.

"I'm sorry.. I wanted to do something different than just farm work." He commented.

He seems sad.

"Wait, Big Mac..? Who were ya bakin' it for anyways?" I asked, getting intrigued.

Big Mac never baked a pie unless it was for a special occasion but it was still rare.

"It was for someone..." Big Mac mumbled, not revealing more information.

"Oh, wait, is it for Sugar Belle? I bet it's her, because I always see ya around her!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

I gasped.

I didn't know Big Mac was interested in someone.

"Sugar Belle, huh?" I said, tingling my eyebrows.

"Eeyup... Wait.. Nope! I said no!" Big Mac said, embarrassed. His cheeks was instantly red, he was making it too obvious.

"Big Mac... It's totally okay to tell us that ya have a crush on a girl!" I teased, laughing.

Big Mac frowned.

"Well, that makes a lot of sense! I'm very glad for ya, Big Mac!" Granny Smith said, chuckling.

Big Mac smiled widely.

"But I'm not cleanin' this mess." Granny Smith said, handing Big Mac a broom we use for cleaning.

"Aww.." Big Mac said, looking down, accepting the broom.

"It's okay, Big Mac. Ya will get it next time.." Apple Bloom said, patting his back before wandering off to somewhere.

I felt bad for Big Mac since he couldn't give a pie to Sugar Belle, who he likes.

But then...

I got a idea pinged in my mind, as I headed to my refrigerator, taking out a fresh pie I recently baked.

I walked up to the direction where Big Mac is.

"Here, Big Mac. I made this a while ago but ya can give this to her. Ya deserve it." I said, smiling, and Big Mac looked so happy.

"Wow! Thanks, Applejack!" Big Mac grinned, taking the apple pie out of my hands.

"No problem!" I smiled back.

Big Mac started to clean his mess as Apple Bloom was getting her breakfast.

"Applejack, can ya come here?" Granny called out, and I nodded.

Granny was sitting on her rocking chair, she really likes that chair. I sat on the couch.

"What's wrong, Granny?"

"So, after ya are done with school, can ya deliver this order for me?" Granny asked, handing me a piece of the paper that contains the address.

"Of course, I'll deliver the order!" I said, reverting my eyes to the piece of paper that remained in my hands.

I immediately recognized the address, as I memorized it.

I read the little paper in my hands over and over again, getting very confused before looking up to Granny.

"Hold up, Granny?! Isn't this the address to Rarity's house?" I mentioned.

"Hehe, yes! But my legs isn't workin' today, so I can't make it. Ya will have to do it for me." She said.

"She wanted a chocolate apple pie and demanded it to be elegant." Granny replied.

I rolled my eyes when I heard the word, 'elegant.'

Typical Rarity, I expect nothing else from her.

I groaned for a good few seconds, not feeling happy about it.

"Can't somebody else do it? Even Apple Bloom? I'll drive her." I asked.

"No can do, honey. She is doin' something else, and Big Mac is certainly busy so you'll have to do." Granny said.

"What are you doing this afternoon then?" Granny asked.

I tried to think about what I would be doing this afternoon but nothing came to the mind. That's because I won't be doing anything.

"Exactly." Granny said.

I bit my lips, a lot of thoughts was rushing through my brain, I was deciding if I should deliver or not.

"Ugh.. Fine, I'll do it, Granny." I gave in.

I will do anything to help out Granny and the farm, even if it means I have to go to Rarity's house and see her.

"Perfect! I'll see ya later, Applejack. Go to school. I am goin' to bake it right now." Granny mentioned.

"Okay!" I said, nodding.

"Come on, Apple Bloom! We gotta go." I called out, grabbing my backpack that was on the couch and an apple for me to eat along the way.

"Comin'!"

We started to head out for school in my Chevy pickup truck.

--

Apple Bloom and I stopped outside of the entrance at our school, Canterlot High School.

I intensely stared at the structure of the school and let out a sigh. Sweatdrops was appearing on my forehead. I tightened my hands on my backpack.

"First day of school, here we go." I mumbled, and Apple Bloom squealed.

"I can't believe I'm a high schooler now!" She said, excitedly.

"Don't remind me.." I whispered.

Apple Bloom was standing right next to me and I glanced at her, grabbing her shoulders. She was confused but I put on a serious look.

"Look, Apple Bloom.. This is the high school, and you might have tough times here but do not give up. I'll be there for ya." I said, sternly.

"You're gonna be at this place for four years straight, so ya might go crazy." I added.

Apple Bloom laughed with such confidence.

"If I could survive middle school, surely... I can just survive this too." Apple Bloom said, hugging me tightly.

"At least I got my best friends."

I accepted the hug and chuckled.

"Good girl." I patted her hair, and we started to walk in.

There were a lot of chatters, people running or walking around, I even saw some of them kissing.

There were someone who ran amongst us, and he was fully nude.

"Uh.." Apple Bloom said after she saw him, showing doubt in her eyes.

"Told ya." I said, laughing.

"Hey, I can survive this too! It's just.. they are.." She began, gazing her eyes to the crowd.

"Wild?" I said, finishing it for her.

"Eeyup." She said.

"I'm going to find my friends, so I'll see you later, okay?" Apple Bloom said and I agreed.

"Of course, go find your friends. And I hope you'll have an amazing first day, lil sis!" I said, pinching her cheeks.

"Ouch!" Apple Bloom whisper-yelled, wandering off, causing me to giggle.

I sighed happily.

Apple Bloom isn't little anymore, and I can't believe she's a teenager already.

I guess she doesn't need me to protect her anymore.

I thought while I stared at Apple Bloom as she faded away from my sight. She really let go of my hand.

Don't be so depressing, Applejack.

I shook my head lightly and began to search for my best friends. I scanned across the hallway for them but I don't see them.

I was about to turn around to a new route to search there but somehow someone bumped into me.

"Oof!"

"Ouch!" Someone said.

Luckily, I stopped myself from falling on the floor.

I rubbed my forehead since the person bumped on my head. They did fall on the floor.

It was a very odd-looking girl. She has thick wavy hair that looked like the actual food, bacon. Her eyes were cyan, it looked so bright. She didn't look familiar to me.

The girl was still laying on the floor rubbing her forehead just like I did. Seems like we are both headstrong.

I reached out a hand to help her get up. She met my eyes, looking surprised that I helped her out and she took my hand.

She stood up, brushing herself off.

"Are ya okay?!" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you.. I'm so sorry for bumping into you. I should've paid attention." She said.

"I'm so embarrassed..." She mentioned.

I scratched on the back of my head, while putting on a light-hearted smile on my face. "It's alright. Don't worry about it." I said.

She looked down, embarrassedly, and it seems like she was about to leave.

"Hey.. I never saw ya around, are ya new around here?" I asked, intrigued.

"Actually, yeah! I just transferred here. My name is Sunset Shimmer but you can call me Sunset."

"Ooh, nice! I'm Applejack Apple but my friends call me Applejack." I said, chuckling.

Sunset crossed her arms, her eyebrows raised. "Applejack Apple? That's a tongue-twister, isn't it?" Sunset said, letting out a laugh.

"Well, I admit that's true." I said, agreeing with her.

I awkwardly chuckled. While she was laughing about my name, I managed to take a look at her.

She's actually so nice, cool, and funny! And pretty too..

The bell began to ring. "Oh! Classes has started but I have no idea where to go now.." Sunset said, with sweatdrops appearing on her forehead. She seems scared.

"That's okay. I can guide you for as long as you need if ya would like that, Sunset." I replied.

Sunset's eyes glittered with hope and happiness, and smiled. "Really?! You'd do that for me?"

"Of course! Why not? Ya are my friend now, and it doesn't hurt to help the others out." I said, firmly.

"Thank you! I'm really glad we are friends now. You seem like a nice person." Sunset said, smiling again.

"I could say the same about ya." I said,  giving a heartfelt smile back.

Sunset really seems like a great person, so I feel like I want her to meet my best friends. It'd be nice if they could know each other since Sunset is new!

I'm not sure how some of them would react though.. Especially, Rarity.

"Also, I would like for ya to meet my best friends. They're the best and they'll definitely like ya. You guys will get along... if ya are okay with that?" I mentioned.

"Aww, yeah.. of course! No problem, it'd be a honor to meet your best friends."

"That's great news!" I grinned happily.

She chuckled and lightly punched me in the arm. "Let's go, Applejack Apple."

"Sure, Sunset Shimmer." I smirked before we started to head off to classes, and I spent all day helping Sunset with her classes.

We really got to know each other a little bit more.

---

PERIOD: Lunch

I got through the morning with Sunset, and she seems to be picking on fast already even though she's a new student.

I also described my best friends to her and she doesn't seem bored of the conversations we exchanged so far.

We are currently walking together to the cafeteria for lunch, and I'm about to introduce her to my best friends there.

We approached to the lunch bar and collected our trays.

"Here, Sunset. This is where ya get your lunch." I explained.

"Great.. Thanks, Applejack!" She said.

I nodded, smiling. I nudged her arm lightly and she giggled.

After we got the lunch we wanted, I started to look for my friends in the cafeteria and found them around a corner near us.

I signaled Sunset to follow me.

"Alright, my friends are over there, but if one of them act rude, it doesn't mean ya are a bad person, it's nothing personally." I said. Sunset looked at me, trying to read my mind to why I would say that.

I said the whole thing because of Rarity, she is obviously mad at me and I'm worried that she would pull Sunset in it.

After a few seconds of thinking, Sunset finally replied, "Okay, Applejack. I understand, so thank you for warning me. Now, let's go and meet your friends!"

I let out a light relief and gave her a satisfied smile then we started to approach closer to the girls.

Rainbow Dash was eating a sandwich with apple cider on her tray, sitting next to Fluttershy. She seems to be enjoying her lunch, of course with apple cider, what could go wrong?

Twilight and Pinkie was sitting together on the other side of the table. Pinkie ate desserts as always, but also healthy food. Twilight was eating a sandwich too and some other food.

Fluttershy was eating a healthy yogurt while Rainbow Dash also pestered her.

Lastly, Rarity was on the same row as Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. She had a salad on her tray and water. She would always maintain her diet no matter what. She seems so peaceful and alone in her little perfect world.

"Hiya, guys!!" I said, grinning as I held my tray.

Rainbow Dash looked over and voiced a huge gasp.

"Oh, it's Applejack! Finally, it was getting boring here.. I'm not even kidding." Rainbow Dash said. She stood up and walked up to me.

"Hey, Applejack! We were looking for you today, and couldn't find you. I was so sad." Pinkie said, drawing a frown on her face.

She looked really sad.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie. I couldn't come. I had to do something." I replied, after hugging Pinkie.

"It's nice to see you, Applejack! What was the holdup for?" Fluttershy asked, concerned.

"Yeah! Shy is right, what was the reason to you being invisible almost all day?" Rainbow Dash asked, crossing her arms.

Twilight fixed her glasses, noticing Sunset besides me, awkwardly watching the conversation as Twilight pointed out something.

"I'm glad to finally see you, Applejack. But who is that girl standing next to you?" Twilight simply said, walking up to Sunset.

"Oh! Well..." I began but Sunset interrupted before I could say anything.

"Hey, everyone! My name is Sunset Shimmer, and I'm sorry for taking your friend away from you. I'm new here." Sunset said, smiling.

I was surprised that she introduced herself, she is really interesting. I glanced over to the girls for their reaction and they seem like they liked her.

I also noticed Rarity not really paying a lot of attention over here, she just continued to eat her salad.

"And you are..?" Sunset asked directly to Twilight.

"Oh.. uhm. I am Twilight Sparkle, but you may call me Twilight. I'm one of Applejack's best friend. It's very nice to meet you, I hope you like it here." Twilight said, politely. She seemed to be off-guarded a little.

"Twilight..? It makes sense you're named like that because you're cute." Sunset giggled lightly and Twilight seems so blanked.

"Did you just call me.. cute?" A embarrassed Twilight just said, having a hard time to speak.

"Is it just me or is she flirting with Twilight?" Rainbow Dash whispered to me, and I shook my head.

"Yeah! What's wrong with me calling you cute?" Sunset smiled. Twilight looked away and said, "Nothing. Thank you, Sunset. I hope you enjoy your time here."

"I think I will." Sunset smirked, giving a wink to Twilight and she blushed very hard like an apple.

Pinkie witnessed the entire thing and she looked broken.

"Sunset is a new student here like she said, and she is my friend, so I hope you guys can be hers too and welcome her with open arms." I said and they all nodded.

Sunset and the girls began to introduce themselves and chatted.

Rarity was still not saying anything, and I started to be annoyed and mad.

"And who's this girl?" Sunset asked, referring to Rarity and everyone's eyes were on Rarity now.

"Oh.. this is Rarity. She's one of our best friends. She's usually chatty.." Fluttershy replied.

Rainbow Dash walked to Rarity and sat with her.

"Rarity, you're not saying anything, and you're being rude. So join us and introduce yourself to Sunset." She said, nudging her.

Rarity flinched at the touch of Rainbow Dash, and she finally said something.

"Excuse you, Rainbow Dash? I'm not interested in talking to a girl like her. It's really not worth my time, darling." Rarity said, nonchalantly as she pulled out a mirror and fixed her purple curls making sure it's perfect.

"Woah!" Rainbow said.

"Rarity!" Fluttershy whisper-yelled.

"That's not nice, Rarity!" Pinkie said.

"Rarity, why would you say that?" Twilight also said.

I narrowed my eyes in Sunset's direction and she looked hurt.

Now, that was out of the line, I got a feeling she said all of that stuff to hurt me but she didn't have to pull Sunset with me.

"Rarity-" I began but I was interrupted.

"What, Applejack?! What can you possibly say to me?" She said, pitching her voice a little farther than usual.

I felt a huge lump in my throat, suddenly feeling nervous, and gulped.

"...I understand that I hurt ya but ya didn't have to be rude like that to Sunset. She did nothing. That is not the Rarity I know!" I stated.

"What makes you think it is because of you?!" Rarity squinted her eyes quickly at me, looking like a mix of frustration and anger inside.

"Because.. I'm not stupid, Rares.."

"Don't you dare to call me that, Applejack." Rarity said, solemnly, and she cleared her throat.

"Come on.." I softly said. I locked my eyes with Rarity and she did the same thing to me. She knew what she said was wrong.

Rarity furrowed her eyebrows, and huffed. "I apologize. That was very rude of me, and unladylike. I am Rarity Belle and it is nice to meet you.. Sunset Shimmer." She said in defeat, although she was hesitant.

"Thank you., That means a lot. Nice to meet you too, Rarity." Sunset said, laughing as she joined Rarity at the table.

"Well, that went well..?" Rainbow Dash said, unsure. I wasn't even sure either.

Rarity actually listened to me. I'm glad.

The girls sat with Sunset and Rarity too, and I joined them.

---

The girls got along with Sunset very well the entire lunch, and that includes Rarity. That actually makes me happy.

Rarity and I didn't exchange any word after the conversation we had recently, it's fine for me though. I am just glad with her getting along with Sunset. I want to talk to her again, though, like how we were.

The lunch was about to be over but we couldn't leave yet because Rarity wanted to tell us something.

"Oh right, darlings. There is something I want to announce to you all!" Rarity said, her eyes lit up, her lips curved upwards.

"What is it, Rarity?!" Pinkie excitedly said.

"Well-" Rarity started, blinking her eyes slowly, whipping her curls behind her shoulders like this news was going to be magificent.

"Oh, come on!! Just tell me, Rarity! I am so DYING to know!" Pinkie shouted, complaining while she stood up.

Rainbow, Sunset, and I laughed.

"Pinkie, it has been only a few seconds. Don't get so angry, sit down with me, and let Rarity talk." Twilight said, softly, pulling Pinkie's hand down, forcing Pinkie to sit down and she did.

Pinkie blushed full of red and she looked shocked that Twilight did something like that, and had contact with her hand.

Poor, Pinkie. She must be going crazy.

"Tell us, Rarity. What's the news?" Fluttershy said, politely.

"Yeah, I'm curious." Rainbow Dash said.

"Same " Sunset agreed.

"Go ahead." Twilight said.

"Anyways, I was trying to say that.." Rarity began but she couldn't finish her sentence.

I saw someone in front of my eyes, and I was suddenly furious and pissed off due to this. I was ready to throw hands.

Know why?

Because a familar scumbag actually entered in the cafeteria, and his arms was around Rarity.

Blaze.

Everyone gasped expect Sunset and me since I was too angry to express and she didn't know what was going on.

"Hello, my beautiful girlfriend. I've missed you so much." Blaze said, in his deep voice, and he had his long arms around Rarity's waist.

"Surprise, darlings!" Rarity said, nervously giggling like she was caught in action.

Blaze looked up to us and his eyes landed on me, he gave out a smug smirk straight at me.

My eyebrows became furrowed, I gritted my teeth, and clenched my hands underneath the lunch table.

Do you know what he did next?

He kissed Rarity, right on the lips.

Blaze totally did that on purpose! He was trying to make me mad even more.

I think he obviously knew Rarity and I liked each other so he kissed her in front of me. I was so ready to punch him right there.

I know I told Rarity that Blaze would be better than me, but I really take everything I said back. He made me feel so many emotions at the same time.

I also told Rarity to go back to Blaze but I didn't think she would take it seriously.

"What the hell is this, Rarity?!" I shouted, irritated.

"I was trying to say that Blaze is my boyfriend and he actually will be attending to this school!" Rarity explained, with a bright smile.

"Sup, guys?" Blaze smirked once again, as he sat on the row next to Rarity, with her in his arms.

"What the fuck-" Rainbow Dash began.

~ ⚓ ~

A/N:

The fifth chapter is completed! I hope you guys love this chapter! Things are getting crazy now, huh?

Sorry for the cliffhanger, guys! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What did you guys think of this chapter?

If you get this chapter to 40 votes, I'll release the next chapter by this month!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 407 13
Halfway through typing out her response to the text message she'd just received, the purple haired woman fully runs into someone, sending both of the...
170K 2.4K 24
The magic of friendship continues to grow as (Y/N) and the Mane 6 must take on a brand new task now that they see themselves as Equestria's biggest h...
69.3K 2.3K 97
(NSFW!) What was Rainbow Dash's and Applejack's conversation on the field? What happened in their shared tent at Camp Everfree? What was the real rea...
73.2K 1.6K 15
Applejack and Rarity are great friends. When Applejack starts to catch feelings, they discover they both want more than that, though. Through all the...