REBELS ↠ DC COMICS

By shelleyduvalls

"WHO ARE YOU THREE?" "WE'RE THE REBELS AND WE'RE GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!" • In which Mar'i Grayson, Jon Kent and... More

EPIGRAPH
ISSUE #1
ISSUE #2
ISSUE #3
ISSUE #4
ISSUE #5
ISSUE #6
ISSUE #7
ISSUE #8
ISSUE #9
ISSUE #10
ISSUE #11
ISSUE #12
ISSUE #13
ISSUE #14
ISSUE #15
ISSUE #16
ISSUE #17
ISSUE #18
ISSUE #19
ISSUE #20
ISSUE #21
ISSUE #22
ISSUE #23
ISSUE #24
ISSUE #25
ISSUE #26
ISSUE #27
ISSUE #28
ISSUE #29
ISSUE #30
ISSUE #31
ISSUE #32
ISSUE #34
ISSUE #35
ISSUE #36
ISSUE #37
ISSUE #38
ISSUE #39
ISSUE #40
ISSUE #41
ISSUE #42
ISSUE #43
ISSUE #44
ISSUE #45
ISSUE #46
ISSUE #47
ISSUE #48
ISSUE #49
ISSUE #50
ISSUE #51
ISSUE #52
ISSUE #53
ISSUE #54
ISSUE #55
ISSUE #56
ISSUE #57
ISSUE #58
ISSUE #59
ISSUE #60
ISSUE #61
ISSUE #62
ISSUE #63

ISSUE #33

1K 67 10
By shelleyduvalls

KENT FAMILY FARM
5:36 PM LOCAL TIME

The pigs chewed their food and watched as Mar'i carried the police car. Damian dragged the officer by his legs. Jon did nothing but he was complaining like he was doing everything.

"Open the barn," Damian instructed.

"We can't put a knocked-out cop in-"

"Jon just open the damn barn!" Damian yelled.

Jon cursed under his breath and opened barn.

Damian's wars filled with the sound of cows mooing.

"Guess it's a good thing the cows are in here and not the pigs..." Damian placed the officer on a large pile of hay.

"Why?" Mar'i asked placing the car down gently.

"Well, the pigs would probably eat him."

"No, they wouldn't don't talk bad about my pigs."

"It's a fact of nature Kent. Pigs eat people. So would most animals given enough time." Damian pet one of the cows on her head.

"Knock it off!"

"It's important that we keep everyone in the house. We should just assume that everyone here is normal." Mar'i began.

"The guy said Unity... um, what's that..." Jon fed the cows some hay to get them to move away from Damian.

"I heard stories about them when I was a child. Apparently, they came to Tamaran years before my birth."

"Well, what did your people do when they came?" Damian asked.

Mar'i paused trying to remember the story right.

"Well, they had possessed only two people at that point so I think we just killed those they possessed, and then they fled."

Damian and Jon stared at her.

"Considering you two don't like killing I suppose we need a different strategy."

"Taking them out physically won't work. Unless we want half the people in Kansas to be in a coma." Jon sighed sitting on the dirt ground.

"Half the people in Kansas... so what 6 people?"

"Do not start." Jon pokes Damian in the chest.

"We need to keep the people at the party quarantined inside the house. If we're lucky no one there is apart of Unity." Mar'i watched as Krypto walked into the farmhouse.

"I don't think that should be too hard," Damian explained.

You could hear the music all the way at the farmhouse.

"Krypto make sure no one leaves the house." Jon patted the dog on the head.

Krypto made a nodding motion and licked Jon's hand. He ran off in a white blur.

"You said we have to find the mother ship?" Damian turned to look at Mar'i.

As much as he hated to admit it (and he wasn't going to admit it out loud), Mar'i was the leader on this.

"Unity would be hiding somewhere most people couldn't get access too. Then Unity would grow bigger and bigger gaining more followers. The more people Unity attracts the bigger it becomes."

"Okay, so what's a place Unity could hide but also where it could attract a bunch of people?" Damian looked at Jon.

The boy thought for a moment. There weren't lots of places in Smallville where something like that could hide. The high school? No, there was no basement or anything like that. Maybe the local swimming pool?

Jon snapped his fingers.

"The local church!"

"Why there?" Mar'i asked.

"My grandma told me it had been closed for the last two weeks. Apparently because of construction but I never heard anything like that as I walk by."

Mar'i nodded and Damian looked at the police officer.

"He's knocked out for good right?" Damian looked back at Mar'i.

She shrugged.

"Well, that's reassuring." Damian looked to see a rope hanging from a pig stye.

He tied the cop and stuffed hay into his mouth. He propped him up.

"Why did you stuff his mouth-"

"So if he wakes up he can't scream for help." Damian rolled his eyes.

Of course, how could I have been so naive? Jon thought sarcastically.

The trio walked away from the farmhouse. The music still blared from the Kent house.

Jon picked Damian up and both Mar'i and he flew to the sky.

Officer Andrew Kimmel's eyes shot open. He tasted the dried hay all the way to the back of his throat.

Unity. Unity. Unity. Unity.

You are nothing. You are everything.

You are Unity.

Before he could even try and get up the door slid open.

Two teenagers came fumbling inside. The girl was pulling at the boy's belt and he was kissing down her neck.

Mini Ross and Michael Bradford both screamed when they saw the officer.

"What the hell!" Michael yelled.

"Should... should we maybe untie him?" Mini asked fidgeting.

"Yeah... um, you do it." Michael pushed her forwards.

"What?! No! You're the guy!" Mini tried pushing Michael forward but he wouldn't budge.

"That's sexist Mini." Michael shook his head.

"You're an ass! Untie him, Bradford!"

"Fine..." he looked at the officer and whispered something in Mini's ear.

"Yes if you untie him we can do that."

Michael cheered.

"Hey who tied you up like this?" Michael asked beginning to work at the knot.

He finally spits the hay out.

Mini stared at her phone. A text popped up from her sister. She was typing out her response when she felt Michael's hand on her shoulder.

"What?"

She looked up and swallowed.

"Michael?"

A hand wrapped around her throat and she screamed.

SMALLVILLE, KANSAS
6:25 PM LOCAL TIME

"Is that your high school?" Mar'i asked as they landed.

"Yeah..." Jon said sheepishly.

"Wow, I bet your school has working water fountains," Mar'i said shaking her head.

Jon and Damian blinked confused.

"Does your school not have a running water fountain?" Damian pondered.

That was illegal, wasn't it?

"Wouldn't you like to know rich boy?" Mar'i mocked.

"After this is done you and I are gonna have a talk." Damian shook his head.

"Shh," Jon said to both of them.

He slowly opened the door to the church.

It was the only church in Smallville there was a synagogue a few miles out. It also happened to be the biggest building in Smallville.

Jon knew something was off when the lights were off. Only candles were lit in the large cathedral.

"Hello?" A voice called out.

Mar'i began to quickly put back on her hologram.

"Uh hello... father..." Jon coughed out.

Mary and Damian fumbled around behind him trying to not look out of place.

"Father?" Mary mouthed to Damian.

Damian shook his head.

"How may I help you? It's awfully late."

"Uh... we were just-"

There was a loud croaking beneath the floors. They all glanced down.

"Pipes." The priest laughed.

The trio stayed silent.

"Mr. Kent it is awfully late I'm sure you would want to go back to that party of yours."

"How do you know about that?" Jon asked.

There was another croaking beneath them and the building began to shake.

"Hm... not quite yet finished yet this will due." The preacher smiled.

Damian threw a batarang at the preacher. It hit the preacher in the eye.

"Oh, God!" Jon yelled.

Was he allowed to say that in a church? How many hail Mary's would that be?

"Give up the fight my children."

The ground gave way from under them. Damian climbed up a red curtain as Mary and Jon levitated.

A purple creature with large tentacles rose from the ground. Several pairs of glowing white eyes stared at the sky. It let out a scream that made Damian's ears tingle. Pipes broke from the ground and the preacher grabbed Unity and held on as it took to the sky.

"Forces mightier than you three couldn't stop us!"

"Ya know this is making me want to go to church less and less." Mary took off her amulet and put it in her pocket.

"Believe it or not this happens every Sunday." Jon grabbed Damian and flew up to the open ceiling.

Mar'i followed.

They looked down to see everyone from Jon's party and most of the town. Krypto flew up to the Rebels and barked.

"We told you to keep everyone in the house!" Jon yelled.

Krypto barked and whined.

Jon sighed and patted Krypto on the head.

"If we hit one of them the others feel it. But if we destroy Unity they'll all be free!"

A tentacle wrapped around her leg and she shrieked. Her hands burned the appendage. The creature threw her on the ground. Her vision blurred.

She looked at her white dress. Dirt and a little bit of blood tainted the bleached fabric.

"My dad bought me this." She glared.

A hang was about to grab her but Krypto bites the hand.

Mar'i stood up to see that they were surrounded. Krypto barked at her and gestured to Unity. She looked.

Jon was punching the creature in the eye while Damian ran along its legs jumping and throwing small bombs.

"Good puppy." Mar'i patted Krypto on the head and flew off.

"I have an idea!" Jon yelled to them.

"What?" Damian yelled back dodging a blow.

"Force everything you got into its head. Everything you've got. They're all connected, they all work as one brain. So-"

"Make the brain explode?" Damian raised a brow.

"Yeah... they do it in zombies shows!"

"That could work.... let's do it!" Mar'i yelled.

Mar'i let her hands grow orange, Jon let his eyes grow red and Damian reached and grabbed all of the smoke bombs that he kept in his utility belt.

Even though it was unspoken they all fired. A barrage of black and orange and red. Smoke filled Damian's eyes and water sprinkled out of his eyes.

They heard the screams from the citizens of Smallville but they kept firing.

And then, silence.

The smoke cleared and Unity fell to the ground. As did the citizens of Smallville.

Jon frowned. Mar'i looked at him.

"What?"

"I don't know I just thought there would be a big explo-!"

Unity exploded. Green goo shot out at them covering them from head to toe.

Damian yelled out a barrage of curse words. Jon spit and took off his glasses.

Krypto flew up to them and licked Mar'is leg.

"Gross," Jon said shaking his head.

"I'll accept this love." Mar'i smiled with green teeth.

"This was not as cool as Star Wars I'm just gonna say it." Jon looked at Damian.

Damian let out a deep breath and looked at Jon.

"Hey, Jon?"

"Yeah."

"You know what we haven't done in a while?"

Jon shrugged.

"Hug. Jon give me a hug."

Jon's eyes widened and he dodged Damian's arms.

"Come here Kent!"

"Damian Wayne you stay away from me!" Jon yelled dodging his arms.

"No! Come here!"

"Mar'i help me!" Jon yelled dodging the other boy.

"Nah." Mar'i shook her head and played with Krypto.

"Is this better than Star Wars Kent? Is it?!"

Krypto barked and wagged his tail watching the three of them happily.

A/N: just some soft filler stuff. Yeah you know the deal.

Also I want you all to know that Every Time I wrote the word "tentacle" I wanted to kill myself.

See y'all next time for some actual plot relevance good stuff. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 83 18
Series of completed one-shots featuring an away of Bat-fam. These are all from the comics since that's mostly what I read. I deal mostly with the Rob...
275K 4.4K 24
~Books Completed~ "No hero can save everyone, not even Superman. But a real hero never stops trying." This book is filled with one shots about differ...
16K 525 29
A patrol gone wrong , and changes happen in Damian's life. Damian 15 y.o [PLEASE comment your opinion/thoughts/ideas , it really helps with improvin...
8.7K 366 36
When the bat-family throws a surprise party for Jason Todd, they discover that something is wrong. A member of the Bat-family has been kidnapped! Wil...