Baby Girl

By Truly_MadlyDeeply

Three years ago Avery-Rose had her entire life set in stone. She was a model, cheerleader, had the perfect bo... More

Baby Girl
[1] Back Home
[2] Loki
[3] Big Girl Bed
[4] Baby Daddy
[5] First Impressions
[6] Full house
[7] Gone
[8] Valentine's Day
[9] The Beauty of London
[10] Din With Quinn
[11] Guess Kids
[12] Kylie & Khloé
[13] Family Lunch
[14] Daddy Directioner
[15] Put On a Smile
[16] Nightmares
[17] Confrontations
[18] New friends
[19] Tea Parties
[20] Happinies
[21] Waterpark
[22] Home
[23] Burnt
[24] Articles
[25] Breakfast
[26] Meet Daddy
[27] Jeg Lag
Author's Note
[28] Different Person
[29] surprises
[30] Up All Night
[31] Piggy Backs
[32] Food Fights
[33] Court Date
[34] Court Room Surprises
[35] Going to Daddy's
[36] Lullabies
[38] Final
[39] Epilogue Part I
[40] Epilogue Part 2
I HAVE A QUESTION

[37] Decisions

4.4K 138 22
By Truly_MadlyDeeply

Avery-Rose

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Court was moved back a day, that was the only thing a nurse has told me in the last twelve hours. The nurse has come in and out checking on Ellie's vitals before leaving again. I haven't left her side yet. Niall has left a couple times to tell the boys updates. The nurse won't let them in because they aren't family.

It was midnight now and from what I've heard, everyone is still out there.

There was a small knock at the door and the nurse came in.

"Miss Parker, I'm sorry for bothering you but there's four people at the door asking to see Elizabeth."

"Who are they?" I ask, sitting up.

"Karen, Geoff, Nicola and Ruth Payne." she says.

"Let them in." I allow.

The four pile into the room and all look shocked.

"How did you find out?" I ask. Ruth doesn't answer, she just runs and hugs me.

"Liam called us, the boys are still sitting outside." Liam's mum tells me. "how is she?" Geoff is already by Ellie's side, petting her arm.

"Stable, hasn't waken up yet. The nurse said her body is just trying to adjust." I explain.

"She should wake up in the morning." Niall adds.

"Well were going to let you rest, im sure you're both tired." Karen said kindly.

The four said their goodbyes from the short visit and left the room. Seconds later Liam walks in.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" Niall spits.

"I-I just wanted to give her Ducky and this blanket and some flowers and I-I just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"Niall do you want to give us a minute?" I ask. He squeezes my hand once and leaves the room.

Liam and I are silent for a long time. The only thing that breaks our silence is Ellie making a small whine. She didn't wake though. We had both looked back at her and then to each other.

"We made that" he smiles but it fades quickly.

"You almost killed that thing that we made." I whisper.

"I know. I'm an idiot." he simply says. "and I've already heard it all from the boys. How I don't deserve her. How I will never be a good father. How I ruined everything. And I know it's all true." He says. I've known him long enough to know that he's trying so hard not to cry.

"What did you expect? That you could walk in and this would be a piece of cake? There's so much more to being a parent then you think. She's not just an accessory. You came in as a dad, Ellie needs a father." I tell him.

"I want to be that." he says quietly.

"Then do it. There's no amount of parenting classes you can take that can teach you about her. You need her to know her. And almost killing her, well that won't help very much." I tell him.

"I should get going." he whispers.

"Why, so you won't cry in front of me. I think we're way past that. We went through a lot together did we not? Or did I imagine our relationship too?"

"I don't know, it seems you've forgotten about me and just hooked on to Niall. you know you probably drove Ben to kiss Ashlyn." he says. He puts all the things he brought for Ellie down and leaves the room. I watch him walk out and I don't follow him. I watch the door shut. And then I decide, what would it hurt.

I run out to the hall and see Liam walking towards the elevator.

"You know Liam, none of this is my fault. I know you need to find some one to blame about all this. But news flash it isn't my fault. It isn't my fault you drive yourself away from your band. It's not my fault you chose a lying slut for a girlfriend. It's not my fault you never check your mail I sent. The same way it's not your fault my mum and sister died. It's not your fault that my brothers friend was the one to kill my sister. It's not your fault I was raped and it's not your fault ben cheated on me. But it is partly your fault that I got pregnant so early and it is your fault that Ellie is in that hospital bed. I lost my childhood to raise a child. I grew up faster then I should have, but you still haven't. So goodnight Liam, and I hope you realize not only what you almost lost tonight but what you would have taken away from me. I've lost way too much, maybe now it's your turn." Liam didn't say anything back to me. He looked at me before going into the elevator. I turn around and the boys all stand and clap for me. I even see the nurse crack a smile. When I look at all the faces, I see one that didn't belong.

Adam.

"I'm not dealing with you tonight" I roll my eyes walking back to the room.

"Avery Please." he pleads.

"Please what? Are you going to explain to me how none of this really sucks. How the one person I could trust my entire life, turned on me? What do you want me to say?" I scoff. "maybe you and Liam should have stayed better friends. You have one thing in common, almost killing Ellie."

I slam the door closed and sit in with Ellie for God knows how long.

No one bothers to come in. Not even Niall. And I'm honestly glad. I'm glad to just have my daughter and I.

"Ellie baby, I know you're sleeping but momma just wanted to tell you how sorry she is. You're going to hear some terrible things in this world. People are cruel and they make up lies and will do anything to make a dollar. Ellie baby, I don't want you to have to grow up in a world like that. Unfortunately you have to. I wish I could tell you that one day you'll find a Prince Charming and everything will be perfect. But it's not. People you trust will hurt you baby. Bur believe me I will try to stop it. I will try so same hard. In sorry for being a bad mum. And I love you." I was rambling at this point.

"You're not a bad momma. I love you" a really weak small voice says. When I look up Ellie is awake and sitting up.

"Oh thank God." I gasp grabbing her. "Baby girl I was so scared." I tell her. My one hand running through her hair, the other keeping her close to me.

"I was scarred too momma." she whispers. "I don't want to feel like that again." she cries.

"I love you so much baby." I'm crying with her.

"I love you even more momma."

*

"Rise and shine sleepy heads" A familiar jokester voice says. When I open my eyes Four familiar boys are in the room with food and a lot of gift store presents. I've never seen so many stuffed animals in my life.

"It's like noon." Niall laughs after seeing my face. I love seeing his face.

"You know, I had a pretty long night." I chuckle.

"Oh my! Everyone is here!" Ellie explains finally waking up. "Ou Teddy gimme, gimmie, gimme." Ellie says.

"Ellie manors." I warn.

"Avery, she almost died let her have this" Louis jokes.

"Ya momma, I almost died let me have this." she copies.

"You're not allowed to spend time with her any more." I joke back.

"So Ellie, how you feeling" Zayn asks her.

Ellie went on talking about how she's basically a magical being because she survived all this and because the tube in her nose makes her look tougher, that one was thanks to Niall trying to encourage her. Harry told her this ridiculous story about a princess and a raven and a poor man and I was just soo lost.

I lean over to louis in the middle. "how did the nurse let you all in here?" I ask.

"She took a pee break and we took a run for it." he whispers. The nurse woke us up around 3 saying she was awake and the two of you were sleeping. It took some convincing but we got Niall to come sleep at his own house. and then we were back here first thing and bought all these gifts and now we're here." he fills me in.

"Thank you guys for everything." I say. "you don't even know how much I appreciate all of this,"

"Don't even. Now listen to then end of Harry's story."

And unfortunately I do.

"So every body thinks that the princess is going to to go for poor boy right? But no, the raven turns into the princesses dream man and then they get married instead of the princess and the poor boy." Harry finishes.

"Harry that's the worst story I've ever heard." Ellie flatly says.

"Can't even impress a three year old with that one can you Haz? "Zayn jokes.

"Whatever. Ellie loves it man." he rolls his eyes.

The boys visit was cut pretty short when the nurse came in and kicked them all out, except for Niall because we told them he was her 'Step Dad'.

The rest of that day was boring to say the least. A bunch of doctors came through testing Ellie, most saying she was doing better. By 3pm the breathing tube was removed, but they needed to keep in the IV until at least tomorrow morning. Which was a problem until Louis offered to stay with her while we were all still at court. We had to fill out a bunch of paper work to allow it which was annoying.

When there wasn't a doctor or nurse in here we were either playing a board game or watching cartoons. I had only left the room once, to get the three of us something to eat.

Now the three of us are all cuddled in to the bed, Niall and I on either side of Ellie, each eating a donut, and watching the newest Barbie movie on Nialls IPad.

Eventually Ellie fell asleep and Niall and I still watched the Barbie movie, don't ask me why.

"Maybe I should move to the chair." Niall says awkwardly.

"Why, were all cuddled in here perfectly. Don't you want to know what happens to Barbie?" I tease.

"How do you watch things like this all day?" He asks. So much patience.

"Eh, you get used to it." I shrug. I yawn and Niall starts to chuckle. "What?"

"Nothing, you're just cute." I can feel my face turning red. "You can sleep Ave, I'll just get going."

"No, stay." I say quietly.

"What time are we leaving tomorrow morning?" He asks.

"Like 7, Court starts at 1pm but I have to go home and get ready. And just driving home is already 2 hours." I tell him.

"Okay. Well then let's get to sleep" he says, grabbing my hand over Ellie.

"Let's."

And the two of us fell asleep to the soothing sound of Ellie's steady breathing.

***

"Good morning ladies and gentleman, we are to pick up where we have left off." The judge says.

It didn't take long for my lawyer to call up Liam. After he swears, you know the whole 'truth and nothing but the truth' ordeal- the questions start.

"Mr. Payne, this was your first weekend by yourself with Elizabeth, correct?" My lawyer asks.

"Yes."

"And how would you say that the weekend went?"

"Not so good." he responds sheepishly.

"And why is that?" He presses.

"Ellie was sent to the hospital." Liam says.

"Due to?-" my lawyer is cut off by liam.

"Due to my stupidity. She ate strawberries, which she was allergic to."

"Objection, your honour there is no way to prove that my client knew that she had an allergy, nor can he control what the three year old eats." Liam's lawyer states.

The judge looks at my lawyer waiting for an answer.

"Ah, but you see Liam was aware of this allergy, it was mentioned here in court once and Ms. Parker warned Mr. Payne about this allergy before handing off their daughter. She also gave Liam, not one, but two epipens to Mr. Payne. An instrument used to administer a doea of adrenalin to people going into an allergic reaction." Samuel says. "is any of this false Mr. Payne?"

Niall, who is sitting beside me, leans over to me. "Samuel is kicking ass man." I have to hold in a chuckle, but it's 100% true.

"No. It is all true."

"No further questions your honour," Samuel says before sitting down.

"Is there any one else you'd like to question?" The judge asks towards Liam's lawyer.

"No your honour." he answers.

"Is there any statements from either parties before we end and I go to make a decision." I look over at Liam who is now looking at his hands. His lawyer is telling him something and Liam just nods and stands, "I do your honour" there's a fakeness behind his voice. He doesn't mean what he's about to say.

"Having never had any time with Ellie by myself since meeting her, and not knowing her existence before only a few months ago: there's no way I could have known the norms. I, like most others, like to think positive, so no I never thought that she would have a reaction, so I didn't bring it with me. It was a terrible mistake. But I am a human, just like all of you. I make mistakes. But I just want to make it up with my daughter. If Avery can lie about her for three years, what if she lies for the next 15. That is all." he says. I feel so much anger towards him, he is lying through his teeth. That speech was rehearsed, something he was told to say. Well I can do better.

I stand, just as liam had before me, and the judge nodded allowing me to speak.

"I was wrong, and I will admit it. I could have tried harder to tell him, but I did try. And just like Liam said, I am a human and I make mistakes. But despite popular opinion, Ellie is not one of them. My life truly began the day I had her. I've give up a lot in my life for her and never would I ever ask for any of it back. And even if I do try to stay positive, I take all precautions. As any parent would do.

"Ellie is three: She isn't in school, she can't count to 100, and she can't say the entire alphabet. But she can teach you what love is, she can teach you how to live every day, and she can teach you to enjoy the tiny things in life.

"Ellie lives a private life, in a small community, with family and friends all around her. This is the life she knows. Ellie needs stability. And traveling the world with a father who is always working, and spending late night, that's not how she should grow up. She should grow up like a kid being a kid, continuing to love life like she does. Thank you."

When I sit down, Niall grabs my arm in encouragement.

"Now, I will take all this information and decide. Court dismissed, we will come together in two hours."

I stand to leave but none other then public enemy number one stops me.

"Aveey, I really need to talk to you,"

"Liam, really?" Niall asks.

"Five minutes, that's all you have." I say.

Niall goes and stands with Riley while Liam takes me into a meeting room and just looks down for a while.

"Ashlyn did it." he simply says.

"Did what? Screwed three other guys, moved to Australia with Ben, got pregnant? There's a world of possibilities here, you're going to have to be more specific."

"She set your house on fire." he says. I finally look him in his eyes.

"What?" Is all I can stammer out.

"She didn't mean for the whole house to catch, just the couch but-"

"Liam I have to call the police, she can't get away with this, she's crazy." I mumble on.

"That's where I was yesterday. I took her in myself. She'll be there for a very long time." he smiles. " I figured there was someone I loved more then her, maybe I never loved her at all." he shrugs. He's leaning closer.

"And who is that?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"It's you, it's always been you." and then he kisses me. It shocked me at first, but once I realized what happened, I pushed him off of me.

"I waited so long for you to say that. It just doesn't mean the same as it use to." I tell him. He is still very close, so I take another step back.

"What do you mean?" His voice is shaking.

"I moved on. I don't love you, not like I used to." I tell him.

"So you still do love me?" He asks. a bit of hope in his voice.

"I think a part of me always will, you were a huge part of my life Liam. But someone took that spot, and that's your daughter. With the eyes as brown as yours and that big caring heart that you used to have. That's what I loved most about her, how much like you she was." I tell him.

"So there's no chance of getting back together?" I shake my head.

"We should be friends, for Ellie's sake. No matter what happens today, she needs both her parents." I say.

"Okay. for Ellie." he says offering me his hand.

"For Ellie." I shake his hand in agreement.

"Don't mean to interrupt, but the judge is calling everybody back she made her decision." Riley says sticking her head in the door.

"She said two hours? It's been 10 minutes." I say to her. The two of us walk back to the court room and when I look back Niall and Liam are talking.

"This can't be good." I say.

"It'll be fine Ave."

We all gather back in the court room, Liam and I standing in in front of the judges stand.

"Due to all the information given from both parties, I have decided that the custody of Elizabeth Skyler Parker will remain with Ms. Avery Parker."

"Oh thank God." I whisper.

"Should Mr. Payne want any rights to visitation that is under the decision of Ms. Parker. Liam does not need supervised visits, but all visits are to be approved by Ms. Parker. Do both parties understand?"

"Yes your honour." Both Liam and I say at the same time.

"Congratulations Ms. Parker, you're a better mother then you think." the old lady smiles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 66.7K 38
After being caught in an explosion in Afghanistan, Jules is sent home with no memory of her time as a marine or the love she found overseas. Now, tw...
303K 12.2K 67
After his wife leaves him, leaving behind only divorce papers as she heads for Toledo, FP is left a single dad to their 4 year old daughter, Ellie. ...
10.4K 213 21
He's rich, she's average. He's famous, she flies under the radar. He's a romantic, she's realistic. His world comes to a screeching halt the minut...
292K 5.4K 35
Where Louis and Harry post about their lives.