Unexpected You || myg

By herthemuse

"The best love story is when you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time." *... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26

Chapter 25

117 12 2
By herthemuse

Mina's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to find Yoongi blissfully asleep. His pale skin was dewy and his cat-like eyes were small and cute. Other than the piercing, he looked just like the polaroid I kept in my phone case. Cute and handsome as always. I shifted myself and looked at the clock only to realize it was already the afternoon. Both of us loved sleeping but this was insane.

"Pssst Yoongi," I whispered to him. He didn't nudge one bit. I ran my fingers through his bangs and rubbed my thumb on his cheek. Peck after peck, I began leaving light kisses on his face to which he started stirring.

"Minaaa," he groaned, "just five more minutes."

I chuckled at his grogginess, "Yoongi, it's already 2 in the afternoon. We slept in way too much already." He groaned and yanked the pillow from under my head and sandwiched his head in between the pillows before mumbling, "well we went to sleep late. What do you expect after playing cards for that long."

I sighed turning my self around and picked up my phone but at the moment the screen lit my face, my heart dropped.

Dad
I know you're out looking for your mom.

The scream didn't come out of my mouth and I started running my hands through my hair. Panic filled me up as I scrolled through the missed calls from him.

"What's wrong Mina?" I heard Yoongi ask behind me. I turned back to him with my mouth dropped open before whispering to him, "my dad knows where I am."

"He what?"

Yoongi's words were cut off at the sound of my phone bussing in my hand. It startled my heart and I dropped it. It was a call from my dad and I shifted myself to sit up and hesitantly pressed accept.

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone. Yoongi sat up as well and dragged me to sit in between his legs. He rested his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist comforting me and relaxing me.

"Mina?"

"Hi, dad."

"You haven't answered my calls," he spoke calmly.

"I just woke up."

"Hmmmm."

"Dad?"

"I know where you are Mina."

"The beach?" I said with my voice cracking.

"Mina, I know you're in Wonju."

A lump in my throat appeared and I started tearing up, "Dad, I-I'm sorr-"

"No Mina. I'm sorry. You have a right to meet her though I wish you would have been honest with me. But at the same time, I don't have it in me to see her myself but you do. Are all your friends with you there?"

"No, it's just Yoongi with me."

"Ahh. I'm glad he's there. Mina, go meet her though I can't tell you if she'll be welcoming or not. I haven't seen her in years. Be safe. I'll see you at home once I get back. Okay? I love you."

"I love you too Dad," I said before ending the call. At the press of the red button, I broke down in tears. Relief, guilt, and fear and a whole jumble of emotions crept up my spine and I sobbed throwing my head back. Yoongi's grip on me tightened as he began whispering to me, "Shhh it's okay."

I turned to him as he began cradling me with my forehead resting in the crook of his neck. He made me calm down at the thought that I would see her.

I was scared. So fucking scared at who'd she really be. Though my dad was now supportive, I was now even more scared at the outcome of this whole mess. I stayed in his arms for a little bit longer, relishing how much I loved Yoongi for this.

"Thank you Yoongi," I whispered to him.

"Are you hungry?" he turned his head to me with his dark cat-like eyes. I nodded quietly still clinging to him. He shifted himself off of me and began putting on his shoes quickly.

"Where are you going?" I asked through my sniffling.

"There's a burger place down that street. You stay here and relax. Okay?" he pecked me on the head and opened the door.

"Yoongi! No-"

"Pickles," he interrupted me with a faint smile on his face, "I know. I'll be back."

***

Yoongi and I were laying in the bed wrapped in each other's embrace and watching a movie after stuffing ourselves with food. Both of us were pretty lazy people, so this felt really nice.

"Mina," Yoongi spoke into my hair, "if we don't get up now we might not catch your mom."

I sighed and heaved myself up hesitantly getting ready. I was wearing jeans and a shirt and threw over a black jacket. I laced up my white converse and stood up straight looking at the mirror and taking in a deep breath. "Are you okay?" Yoongi asked me grabbing my shoulders. I nodded and gave an assuring smile.

By the time we got out of the cab, the sun was beginning to set making the sky purple and pink. Yoongi and I were walking along an empty street surrounded by rundown stores and houses hand in hand. The warmth that came from his hand was calming. And then we stepped in front of the house. It was a one-story and slightly run-down, with old tinted windows and dusty floors.

I turned my head to my side to see a woman walking with a man hand in hand.

It was her.

I panicked and yanked Yoongi by the arm to hide behind a trash can in the distance. We crouched and observed from a distance. "What are we doing?" Yoongi whispered to me from behind me. I shushed him and went back to observing them. They were walking to the house back from a bakery shop down the street. She was older from the picture and he looked calm and sweet. They were both smiling and talking though I couldn't hear what they were saying.

They walked into their house and at the close of the door, something in me snapped. All the thoughts of her leaving me flooded my mind and I began breathing heavily and running my hands through my hair. "Mina," Yoongi grabbed my arm to turned me towards him to face him. But I had snapped too late by then.

I ran up to the house that housed the woman who refused to love me with tears in my eyes. I searched the floor frantically and grabbed a stone. I gripped it tight and looked at it seeing the tears fall from my eyes on to the floor.

"Mina! What are you doing?" Yoongi exclaimed running towards me.

Before he engulfed me in a hug from behind, I threw the rock at the little window in the corner causing the glass to shatter. "Mina, what the heck was that?" Yoongi turned me to face him and gripped my shoulders tighter. I don't know what had come over me as I began sobbing into his chest.

"Who threw that?!"

The door flung open to reveal her and the man standing behind her. I made eye contact with her and her mouth dropped open and eyes widened.

And then I ran.

I ran away from that house towards the port where the water glistened purple and pink from the now setting sun.

***

Yoongi's POV

"Mina!"

She broke from my embrace and began running away. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair confused and frustrated at her sudden actions. Though I couldn't blame her. This whole situation has been kinda unpleasant. The gears in her head were probably running too quickly.

"Did you just say, Mina?"

I turned to the woman who had just questioned me. Her eyes were now red and tear-stained. I watched her slowly walk up to me not breaking eye contact.

"Yes I did," I said bluntly. But then suddenly she dropped to the ground crouching as she held in her tears. I crouched down to make sure wasn't passing out our anything.

"Oh my god," she whispered to herself, "Oh my god. Her. Is that? Mina. Is she my Mina?" she looked up to me with a weakness in her eyes. It was a weakness I could relate to sadly. I slowly nodded and guided her to stand up. We both looked in the direction Mina had run in and I began running towards her.

I found her near a field that met the ocean and I watched her as she wrapped herself in her arms and watched the sunset. I sighed in relief knowing she was okay though she wasn't completely.

I ran up behind her and wrapped her in my arms engulfing her in warmth. "I'm sorry Yoongi," she said struggling through her breaths, "I don't know what got to my head."

"It's okay," I whispered back to her, "but I don't think I'm the one you need to be talking to right now." She turned to face me and my heart broke at how broken her eyes seemed. I slowly kissed her before looking behind me to find her mom standing there with yearning eyes. Mina noticed as well and took a deep breath.

"I'll be right here when you come back. Okay?" I said to her. She grabbed my face and kissed me before pulling back. "Thank you," she whispered to me rubbing her thumb over my cheek.

She took a deep breath and turned to face the woman. They stared at each other before the woman nudged her head, turned, and began slowly walked towards her house. Mina began slowly walking away from me.

I stood there alone looking at the purple sea and the pink sky. The ribbons of light that reflected off the water were breathtaking. Complete bliss and yet I was alone. It felt like my heart was cracking though nature was trying to repair it, mocking me at the same time.

I didn't want to lose her whether it be by her mom or by me leaving. They say that young love at my age is not serious, that we don't know what real love is. But that's wrong, she made me smile, my stupid gummy smile. She comforted me and hid me from my dad. Her heart was the most whole and beautiful one in the world and so were all her quirks. The way she scrunched her nose when she teased me, the way she drew a new story on her shoes and showed me like an excited little kid, her clumsiness, her big smile, her loud but cute laugh, I loved it all.

I vowed then and there.

I'm not gonna lose her.

Hell, I won't let that happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 82.9K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...
131K 5.8K 40
"She wasn't ready to have seven chaotic boys enter her life and turn it upside down and neither were they." *** 26-year-old Bo-Ra, broken down inside...
25.6K 3.3K 37
|fetus writing alert| This is the story of a young Indian girl who ended up in South Korea to meet her bias and her favourite boy band- BTS. But some...
54.2K 3.5K 72
[ completed ] ❝Don't worry about the scars. I'll make them beautiful for you.❞ He pulled me even closer, his lips traveling to my neck. ❝I swear, bab...