Lil' Red Riding Hood | Derek...

By shortfilipino

"Hey there Little Red Riding Hood You sure are looking good You're everything a big bad wolf could want" Gold... More

Lil' Red Riding Hood
1: Body in the Woods
2: I like my sugar
3: Freak of nature
4: It was scary
5: Scary werewolf gives me the heebie-jeebies
6: Playing Lacrosse is Hard
7: Making friends isn't always easy
8: Their problems are my problems
9: Being Gross is a Boy Trait
10: I talk when I'm nervous
12: Into the Woods
13: Walking on Sunshine
14: One call
15: What kind of dog are you?
16: The Dark of the Night
17: One long night
18: Much more to the story
19: Maternal Ancestry
20: Back to school
21: Attics are usually dirty
22: House Swap
23: Mercier Friendships
24: Pretty or not
25: Who's that Alpha?
26: Family protects family
27: That's not cupid's arrow
28: Too much whiskey isn't good for anyone
29: Some kind of inception
30: Oh, my God, it's Stiles
31: Let's take some pictures
32: Trudging through the woods
Lil' Red Riding Hood
33: Graveyard shift
34: Paige of music
35: Enter the Mercier Hunters
36: Family Importance
37: Welcome to Beacon Hills
38: Secrets in a House
39: No more masks
40: Looking through Glass
41: One thing on the list
42: Lines of a War
43: Snap, Crackle, and Pop
44: Out of Commission
45: Late Night Drown Fest
46: Fuzzy feeling
47: His Nice vs. My Nice
48: I have a feeling
49: Clubbing's fun when you're not fighting a lizard
50: Everything's Legal when Cops aren't around
51: Faith and Trust
52: Her Release
53: Familial Bonding
54: Where have you been?
55: No killing please
56: The Accident
57: Claws and Guns
58: Breathe In and Breathe Out
59: Town Whackjob's Birthday
60: Paige, the murderer magnet
61: Maggie, the adult
62: How important is your family?
63: Things within 24 hours
64: You need a day to yourself
65: Game Night
66: Margaret and Peter
67: Familial Betrayal
Lil' Red Riding Hood
68: Permanent, like our friendship
69: Attack of the Crows
70: Nothing Dull Happens in Beacon Hills
71: Do you hear what I hear?
72: Teaching Assistant
73: Mental Health
74: The Creepy Uncle

11: Far Longer Than Forever

12.7K 405 113
By shortfilipino

Paige stared up at the roof while laying on the couch with her legs up on her aunt's lap. Her aunt was busy watching some random show, which she assumed was either Grey's Anatomy or Scrubs. But Paige could not particularly tell at this point. And Paige was busy snacking on chocolate covered almonds and thinking.

She would always get lost in her own thoughts, it was something she liked to do. Paige needed time to think things through. And with everything happening right now she needed time to think away from her werewolf friend. All those problems following them around because of one night in the woods.

Paige even realized that it could have been her as well. If she had stayed with Scott, she could have been in that situation. Where she was bitten by that scary Alpha, which she was grateful she hadn't seen yet. Or she might be even more afraid of what Scott and Derek could do. Speaking of...

"Aunt Maggie." Paige starts, not even moving from her spot at all. Her hands were on her stomach, folded over one another as she continued softly, "When did you start finding guys attractive?"

Maggie coughed, this was never a conversation she had to have with Paige. She never brought it up so there wasn't a need. Paige never brought up boys. Her two best friends were boys. So Maggie just felt like Paige was not one to really openly talk or maybe she just didn't like boys. So to suddenly hear her talk about attractive guys, that made her choke on her food.

"What?"

"I just-" Paige reached for another chocolate almond and ate it before speaking again, "You can find a person attractive and... that be it, right? Nothing else?"

"I-" Maggie breathed out and ran a hand through her messy waves. This was not a conversation she was prepared for. It was never a mother and daughter relationship, it was always this cool aunt kind of thing or even a guardian/roommate relationship. "I mean, do you have a crush on this attractive guy?"

"I don't know." Paige pressed her palms against her stomach and crossed her legs while still on her aunt, "I'm not sure what a crush is even like. I mean, I think I've had crushes on boys before. I used to really think Scott was cute, you even teased me about that."

"And because I teased you-" Maggie pointed out, "You made it your mission to prove that he was only a friend. Please tell me this isn't the same as that? I want you to have crushes and have your heartbroken. Not that I want that to be cruel. I just want you to be a normal teenager."

Paige released a long laugh, "I'm not exactly normal, but thanks."

"Well, is this boy different?"

"He scares me."

"Scares you?"

"He's intimidating. But I don't know if this is a crush." Paige swung her legs over the side of the couch so she could sit up and lean into her aunt, "I just think I find him attractive."

"Okay, can I ask you how you feel when he's around? Other than scared and intimidated."

"Uh, my nervous ramble is worse." Paige admits to her, "I also... I don't know. It's a feeling I can describe."

"Like you're drawn to him?"

Paige snapped her fingers together and pointed at her aunt, "Kind of. But I think that's just because he's really attractive."

Maggie cleared her throat and adjusted herself with a smile before teasing, "You keep using the word attractive. Is that code that this guy is like smoking hot? Because I am going to be a really proud aunt if the guy you're crushing on is smoking hot."

"I-" Paige felt her cheeks warm up as her aunt continued to tease her, "I shouldn't have talked to you about it."

"Awe, no. Keep talking. I want to hear more about it." Maggie reached for her to stop Paige from trying to leave the couch, wrapping her arms around her in a small hug, "I like that you've got a crush. It's really cute and means you're... you're growing and changing. You're going to be different soon. I'm happy."

"You make it sound like I'm going off to get married." She swatted at her aunt's hands so she'd release her but eventually gave up, sinking into her aunt's arm, "I'm not going to change cause of some guy. Besides, this is probably just a hormone thing cause he's... hot."

"Okay, okay." Maggie kissed the top of her head, "Just tell me his name."

"Really?"

"Yes, then I'll let you go and you can go to sleep."

Paige released a long sigh before mumbling, "Derek."

"Oh!" Maggie gasps and releases her with a smile, "Like Prince Derek from Swan Princess. You were so obsessed with that movie! Of course you'd be crushing on a boy with the same name."

"I'm going to bed now."

Maggie laughed as Paige rushed away from her. She fell back on the couch with a smile on her face as she listened to Maggie's feet thudding on the ground, meaning she was irritated. Paige was usually light on her feet but only stomped when she was upset.

Her smile slowly dropped the second she heard Paige's door closed. Her eyes fell back on the T.V. and she instantly turned it off. Maggie let out a long sigh and looked up at the roof. "I don't think I can do this... Phoebe... I need you here. I can't do this without you."

Paige dropped down on her bed hearing something fall over on her nightstand. She gasped in shock and quickly picked up the framed picture. She picked it up from the ground and stared at the photo of her parents. She trailed her finger along it with a sad smile. Sometimes she wondered what they were like. How they met? How they fell in love? Everything. She wished that she could know.

"You rejected him again?"

Phoebe laughed as her sister Margaret pestered her. She had just started her second year of college while Margaret started her first year of high school. "A cute face is not going to get my attention."

"But you said he was really cute. So why not?"

"Because I need more than looks." Phoebe states while placing her feet on the coffee table and reading her textbook, "I want to know that he would be all in because I'm not playing around. I don't need mom and dad all over again in my relationship."

"Not every married couple gets a divorce, Phoebe..."

Phoebe cocked an eyebrow over to her sister, "Seriously? The divorce rate in married couples is ridiculous. I want love, Maggie. Love. I want to know that we'll grow old together loving each other with a family. Not a split down the line. I would never do that to my kids."

"Okay, but maybe give him a chance. He might be the love of your life."

"Fine. If he asks me again... Then maybe my answer will be different."

"You're so stubborn." Margaret laughs before pushing her sister, "And don't call me that. I hate that nickname."

"It'll grow on you."

"I'm sure it won't."

"Mmhm." Phoebe laughs softly.

"Are they okay?" Paige asks in concern on the other end while leaning back into her bed, "Like were they attacked?"

"You know how Jackson is. He's an ass. But I think they're both fine. The Alpha didn't attack them."

Paige let out a sigh of relief, "Are you okay?"

"Yep."

"Are you sure?" She asks again with her brows slightly furrowed together, "Because I don't want you to be all freaked out because Lydia was there."

"I swear that I'm okay. I'm going to hang up now. Go to bed, you freak."

"Mm, our talks always leave me with a joyous feeling." Paige hums into the phone before hanging up on Stiles. She rolled over on the bed after placing her phone on her nightstand.

"Are you going to keep avoiding me?"

Phoebe snorted and pulled Andre's arm off of her as she walked to her next class, "I'm not avoiding."

"This feels like you're avoiding me." Andre points out while quickly walking in front of her to stop her from walking away, "Phoebe, you said you had a good time last night. Did something change within the last twenty-four hours that made you doubt us?"

"No, it's just-" Phoebe ran a hand through her hair as she sighed, "I don't know, okay? You are so nice and so great. I just... I don't believe it."

"You don't... believe it?" Andre ponders for a moment as he walked backwards to keep up with her as she continued to barrel to her next class, "That what? I'm nice?"

"No one is this nice. No one can make me feel-"

"Feel what?"

"Feel like you're not just going to leave me." Phoebe admits to him with a huff, her face contorted and filled with so many emotions that it overwhelmed Andre a little bit, "Just like my parents. Just like almost everyone in my life."

"You still have your sister." He states which makes her roll her eyes and try to go past him but he stopped her, "Phoebe, hey, hey-" Andre placed his hands on her cheeks to stop her from going any further, "I'm not going to leave you. I've known you since high school. I grew up with you. We went to the same school. Your best friend-"

"You're going to bring Talia-"

"I've known for a long time too." Andre continues, "And I will never leave you. As long as you are with me. I will always be with you. I promise. You can break my heart but I will never break yours. I love you, Phoebe. Just give me a chance to prove just how much I love you and only you."

Phoebe placed her hands over his own and pulled them off, "Okay... Just stop... People are staring."

Andre laughed and kissed her, "Let them."

Paige sat at her table beside Isaac while doing her science work in silence. She felt like her day was a little slow, her head hurt a little bit but that was it. It was probably from the lack of sleep she had the previous night. Wasn't particularly smart of her to stay up that long.

"Hey, Danny-"

Paige furrowed her brows together and glanced behind her cause she could hear Stiles. And he would definitely get in trouble for talking in class since Mr. Harris seemed to hate him. Honestly seemed to hate all three of them.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"No."

"He'll ask you anyway." Paige points out to him while pointing her pencil their way, "So, you might as well just answer it and then he'll leave you alone."

Danny released a sigh, "Fine. What is it?"

"Did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?"

Paige hummed at his question and turned back to the front of the class. She knew that Stiles was going to continue to worry about Lydia. His crush on her was absolutely adorable and he really did care even if Lydia didn't see it. But Paige was certain that Lydia would see it and appreciate it.

"No."

There was some more silence before Stiles spoke up again, "Can I ask you another question."

Danny sighed even louder while poking at Paige's shoulder, "Will he stop?"

"When you answer all his questions-" Paige answers bluntly, "Yes."

"Okay, one more question."

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?"

Danny blinked a few times and this time looked back at Stiles, "He wouldn't... tell me."

"But he's your best friend." Stiles mumbles and watches as Danny just turns back to his work, "One more question."

Danny groaned loudly, "What?"

"Do you find me attractive?"

This time Paige turned around with an incredulous look on her face, "How much Adderall have you had today?"

Phoebe covered her face with her hands as she cried in the hospital. Andre placed an arm around her while kissing the side of her head. The doctor kindly let himself out so they could sit with one another in silence. And Andre just kept holding her as she cried.

"You shouldn't have married me."

Andre shook his head and pulled away from her, "I love you, Phoebe. I love you for you. We don't need kids. It's okay."

"We spoke about it." Phoebe cried and grabbed onto Andre's hands as he offered them to her, "We're-we're going to grow old without kids. We'll be alone."

"As long as you love me." Andre kissed her knuckles, "I'll never be alone. We don't need kids to be a family. We can adopt. Just like the doctor said, we have other options."

"We wouldn't have other options if I didn't have such a hostile uterus." Phoebe sobbed, angry at herself for being infertile, "It isn't fair, Andre."

"I know." Andre sat up from the chair and got on the small hospital bed next to her, bringing her in his arms, "We'll figure things out. We always do. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you, Phoebe."

"I love you too, Andre."

Andre kissed the side of her head and held her even closer to him, "Things will work out. As long as we hold onto our love, okay? Hold onto that."

"I will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5.4K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.9M 86.2K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
153K 16.9K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
569K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...