Don't Leave Me Here - Starker

By superrspideyy

Tony hasn't seen Peter in a few months after Civil War. Peter wished Tony would've reached out sooner, but on... More

Welcome!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

15

3.1K 90 24
By superrspideyy

It was Tuesday, and it was back to their regular routine. Tony was supposed to be in and out of meetings all day, and Peter's first class started at ten.

The only reason they were moving around was thanks to Friday. They had stayed up insanely late last night, working on suits and trying to make Bear his own.

Once Peter had got to school, he caught a glimpse of Flash, then saw him being escorted by a teacher towards a different classroom. Peter smiled, but it looks could kill, he would be dead from Flash's stare.

Peter had chalked up enough courage within himself to go on patrol tonight. Honestly, he had missed the rush of swinging through the air, and kicking ass out there. He had been anxious all day, but tried his best to call his nerves. Tony would worry more, if he knew Peter was nervous.

Meanwhile, Tony wasn't sure he could worry any more than he already had been today. He was a ball of nerves, and was unable to pay attention to his meetings. Which he really needed to, because they were on the lead for their new expansion project.

And in between his meetings, he either checked over the diagnostics of Peter's suit, or chased their puppy through the house. Peter's suit was perfect, like Tony knew it would be. It's his technology after all. Despite that, his brain was running ninety to nothing the whole day.

Pepper had noticed Tony's attention span was far less than usual, and figured he just had a lot on his mind. But after the third meeting of him not giving any input, she had had enough.

• Tony •

"Tony what the hell is going on with you today?" Pepper huffed.

I took a deep breath, trying to ease the anxiety flooding through me. Being in trouble with Pepper is always the worst. But I'm at a loss today, I can't control my nerves. Except try to hide it...

"Nothing Pep. I'm fine."

"Bullshit." She scoffed. "You look like you're about to fall apart at the seams. And I know your struggling with your anxiety today, because you haven't stopped tapping your leg for a second."

She knows me too well. I sighed, and shook my head, turning away from her gaze.

I heard her shuffling, then she sat in the chair beside mine, putting her hand on mine.

"Tones, you've gotta tell me what's going on. This expansion opportunity we have is a big deal for the company. And you have to be focused for this last one."

I nodded. "Pep, I know this."

"Then what has you so worked up? And what can I do to help?"

I shook my head. "You can't do anything about this one Pep. It's... it's about Peter."

Her face paled a bit. "Oh my god, is he okay?"

I nodded quickly. "Yeah, yeah Pep he's fine." I reassured. "It's just he hasn't been Spider-Man since May died. And he's nervous, and I'm nervous. I mean I've spent hours on that suit of his. And it's perfect! But I love him so much, and I would hate if-"

I froze, realizing what I said. I glanced at Pepper, who wore a shocked expression. "You love him? Tony... you love him how?"

I smiled nervously at her. "I'm in love with him..."

She pinched her nose, huffing. "Anthony Edward Stark, this better not be one of your little games! This is Peter we're taking about, and if you're doing anything-"

"Woah! Pepper!" I cut her off. I felt slightly offended, but I knew that I hadn't given myself a great reputation from the past. "It is not some game. I'm telling you the truth."

She scoffed. "Tony I-I don't even know what to say..."

"Well I'm not really seeking your approval on this..." I mumbled.

She glared daggers at me, and pressed my lips shut.

"Look Pep, you know me. You know all of the times I've told you I was in love. But those never felt like this." I sighed. "Peter is incredible, and he makes me so happy. I do love him."

She stared at me for a few moments. "And what happens if this gets out?"

"Peter is an adult, and is capable of making his own decisions. Honestly, I don't care what happens. As long as he's happy, then that's all I need."

She wore a shocked expression. "I've never seen this from you before, Tones. I'm surprised, that's all. If this is what you want, then I support you." She nodded, sending me a small smile. "Just please, don't hurt him. We are all he has left."

I shook my head, relief flooding my body. "I wouldn't dream of it Pep."

"Good. And as for the Spidey business, Peter is strong. He can handle himself just fine. Besides it's your technology, nothing will go wrong."

I nodded. "I know, I know. I still can't help the nerves."

"I know, so let's get this last meeting over with, and then you can go home and see him."

I took a deep breath, and stood. Pepper hugged me, which always helped to calm me. "Thanks Pep."

"Oh! When you and Rhodey come over for breakfast on Saturday, you'll get to meet Bear." I smiled, thinking about him.

We walked out of the office, and towards the conference room.

"Who is Bear?"

"Oh he's the cutest! You'll love him."

She sighed. "Tony if I get to your house, and there's a baby, I swear..."

I laughed and shook my head as we walked into the room for the last meeting.

• Peter •

I would be lying to say I wasn't excited for tonight. Tony wouldn't be home for a little longer, so Bear and I were in the backyard, playing around with a new tennis ball I had gotten him after school. Happy had taken me to the pet store.

After a while, Bear dropped the ball and darted inside the house. The elevator must've went off, And I can't believe he heard it and I didn't.

I took off after him, seeing Tony laughing on the ground in front of the elevator, with Bear on top of him. My heart warms at the sight, as I join his laughter.

"Bear come on!" I call, catching his attention, and he runs past me and back outside.

"Tony he's not that big yet, why're you on the ground?" I asked still laughing.

"No I'm okay babe, thanks for asking. Oh I didn't need help up either, you know with your super strength and all, I got it don't worry." He sassed, getting up from the floor.

His pouting made me laugh harder, and I decided to be nice and pull him the rest of the way up.

"Are you okay?" I asked, trying to hide the smile on my face.

He stuck his tongue out, then kissed my head. "Hi lovebug."

"Hi handsome." He connected our lips, pulling away as Bear yipped at him.

"Alright baby bug, listen here." Tony laughed, picking Bear up. "You tripped me, and now you won't let me kiss your dad? That's not very nice."

Bear licked at Tony's face, making him sigh. "Fine you're forgiven." He kissed his ears, before setting him down again.

"You excited for tonight?" Tony asked, pulling his suit jacket off.

I nodded, sending him a small smile. "A little nervous, but I have every right to be. I'm more excited than anything."

Tony smiled, worry flashing across his face. "Good! I'm excited to see you in action again."

"Well let's eat dinner first, yeah?" I asked, hoping to give him a bit more time to shake away his nerves.

Tony nodded. "Go ahead and get something started, and I'll go change."

I kissed his cheek quickly, and turned to the kitchen.

I felt a bit guilty, knowing Tony was worried about me, yet I still would go tonight. Although he's assured me a thousand times... I can't help but feel responsible for it.

• Tony •

We ate dinner, Peter decided to make pork chops. He didn't say much, although he smiled at me if I caught his eyes. I was worried, I'll admit, although I had been doing my best to keep it to myself. That would only make it worse for Peter.

"Tony?" Peter huffed.

I glanced up at his sudden tone. "What baby?"

"Are you okay? I called your name a couple times."

I nodded quickly. "Sorry bug, just thinking."

"Okay well, if you're done, I'll clean up?"

"Sounds good. I'll be in the lab getting your suit ready." I swallowed the lump in my throat, and stood.

He walked by, about to grab our plates, but I pulled him into my arms. I couldn't tell you what it was, but I needed to feel his warmth close to me, I needed to hold onto him. Just for a minute.

And he seemed to understand, as he didn't say a word, but pulled me as close to him as possible. And I held him, and he didn't pull away until I was ready to.

I kissed his forehead, and left for the stairs, ready to get to work.

After I had double checked all systems in his suit to make sure they were online ans functioning, I had Friday help me with some other diagnostics regarding my nanotech suits. While it was still just an idea, it wouldn't be impossible.

I heard Peter and our baby elephant making their way downstairs, and I hid our work. I didn't want Peter to see it just yet.

One project at a time.

I flipped around and Peter was already suited up.

"Lookin' good bug." I said as he stretched and ran around.

"Okay! I'm ready!" He danced around the exit.

I checked once more to make sure the vitals were reading correctly, and opened the door to my launch pad.

He raced back inside, pulling his mask off, and catching my lips quickly. He flashed a smile as he pulled away.

He raced out the door again, ready to jump. "I love you!"

"Please be safe." I whispered, watching him leap off the ledge.

I went and showered, then laid in bed with Bear. We watched Ghost Adventures for about ten minutes, but my nerves got the best of me.

I paced the room for a while, until Bear got sick of me walking in front of the tv. I went back to the lab, suddenly feeling warm, and that made me more anxious. I kept Peter out of my mind as best I could, and continued working with Friday on our prototype plans.

I glanced at the clock for the first time in what felt like hours, to notice it had only been thirty minutes since Peter had left. I shook my head, leaving my work behind and dragging myself back upstairs and into bed.

The best thing I could for myself was try to get some sleep. Peter would be back soon. Ans Friday would alert me if something happens.

With that, I snuggled Bear into my arms, and forced myself to fall asleep.

Edited 11•25•21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 3.6K 70
"It is my duty and an honor for my family and my future kingdom." "But, what is you want to do?" You have been best friends with T...
1.6K 126 12
โYou need to swear on me that you will keep that spider boy safe.โž โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐“๐Ž๐๐˜ Stark is on a mission to stop whatever Captain America...
338K 6.5K 30
Scenarios between Peter and the Avengers. ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, SORRY FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES I only write 1 or 2 parts/story. Please don't...
48.8K 1.9K 83
Naturally, you were one of the toughest and most skilled soldiers in the world, but being tossed into a world where the entire universe depends on yo...