Letters and Latte | Ryeji

By louvrelibrary

Innocent smiles, genuine laughters, and pristine hearts. Are love letters and sweet notes still a thing? Fort... More

Letters and Latte
01 - Pilot
02 - Walk
03 - Strawberry
04 - Simba
05 - S.R.J.
06 - Warmth
07 - Superstar
08 - Unsanitary
09 - Latte
10 - Sip
11 - Fan
12 - R's
13 - Temperature
14 - Star
15 - Mocha
16 - Yejoon
17 - Library
18 - Happy
19 - Notes
20 - Backstage
21 - Mute
22 - Cold
23 - Scary
24 - Finals
25 - Christmas
26 - Sunshine
27 - Seoul
28 - Dean's
29 - Dream
30 - Spring
31 - Family
32 - College
33 - Answer
35 - Until

34 - Gift

6.3K 238 671
By louvrelibrary

"Yeji. Have you prepared your speech? I suggest you to make it short for an early ending ceremony."

"Why do you care if Yeji will create something longer than your dick as her graduation speech? She deserves it."

"Honestly, I haven't thought about it."

"You don't have to think about it because it's been obvious since our middle school days." Daphne, surprisingly, blurted out.

"What? Is there any better person than Yeji in class? I'm willing to burn my manga books."

"Who among of our class is staying in this hell hole?"

"I did apply for some opportunities in remarkable universities. Has anyone of you did it too?"

"Unfortunately, I was kind of stupid enough."

"Yeah and my brain is only for Haneul too."

"I'm forever stuck here with same people."

"Did you guys at least eat your favourite comfort food after taking the exams? You should've had if not. You still deserve it." She smiled, giving them an eye contact one by one.

"Actually, that's a really good suggestion."

"You always say clever things so maybe."

"No. Thanks for telling it's okay to fall flat."

"Why is everyone acting like a weirdo?" Lia heaved up a brow, dipping into the setting. "Nevermind. Fine. I'll help cleaning."

"I'm done."

"Lia, you just threw a crumpled paper..."

"Okay, and? Hurry up because student center awaits for you. You're actually late now."

"We don't have meetings anymore, Lia."

"I didn't say a meeting awaits for you."

"Guys, turn off everything before leaving and lock the door, okay."

"I wasn't bitching earlier, I just really don't know how to clean stuff." Lia admitted the moment they were out of the place. "And, my parents are informing me nonstop about the bland dinner with the Saunders family later."

"Did he take the examinations?"

"Yeah, at home. Online stuff, he felt ashamed of showing up to you." It might be the reason why the British guy was nowhere to be found for three weeks now. "But, it doesn't matter. He's irrelevant."

"We'll be seeing him into our graduation?"

"Yeah, I wish he won't."

"Hopefully, your parents will change their minds." Lia snorted. "Who knows, right?"

"I love how you are so optimistic, but Yeji, you're hoping to find a needle in a haystack." Yeji only wanted to uplift her mood. "I found the perfect graduation gift for you, by the way."

"What? You don't have to-I don't even know what to give to you-"

"We're friends."

"I know but-"

"That's enough." Yeji shifted her head to see if there was anything strange, the words only touched her heart. "I don't want to say this, you're the kindest person I've known, and I'm torn between despising you and admiring you for that."

"Maybe, both?" Yeji awkwardly chuckled.

"It's so nice to have a angel."

Their giggles subsided when they noticed they were being loud enough through the hallways. "Are you going overseas in college? I was thinking you'll be back in Canada. Your friends. I'm sure you miss them."

"That's one of my options. Either stay or entangle myself there."

"Whichever your choice, I'll definitely stay in contact with you. A year didn't give justice." Deep down, Lia was a sweetheart, covered by gold and silver to deceive the people's vision.

"I guess I have to exit my way. Goodluck." A man standing few meters away from them caught her attention, nudging Yeji beside her.

"Good day." Yeji bowed her head to his warm greeting. "Today is my flight back to Germany. I only wanted to give you this. My daughter won't share things about you, but Yejoon did. Please accept this."

Hesitation was written all over Yeji's face.

"It might come handy to you in the future." Mr. Shin added as Yeji leisurely received it. Yeji read the cover page, 'Lippincott's Illustrated Review of Biochemistry'. "I hope you'll use it. Take care."

"Mr. Shin..."

"Don't you like to accept it?"

"No...I'm in fact very delighted...Ryujin...I hope you're able to speak with your daughter..." Mr. Shin flashed a small grin, "Ryujin told me few things about you, most of them are good things, there were awful ones, but the longing to have you back in her life was stronger..."

"I'm unaware, but thank you. Ryujin is also happy to have you in her life. For now, we'll see each other some other time, I'll be a better father to her. And you do your best to support each other because that's what best girlfriends do, am I right?"

Seeing the melancholic eyes and earnest smile of the man when he uttered those words was really strange. Disappointed? Dispirited? Desolated? Yeji ran out of other things to gauge it, leaving her confounded.

"Goodluck to your future endeavors, Yeji."

The walk to student center was peaceful yet her train of thoughts circulating inside her head was brawling inside the sturdy walls of gladiator arena. As soon as she perceived what was the commotion: balloons, food on the table, party hats, and cheerful welcome, Yeji put up sly grin. "Happy Birthday, dear president!"

"It'll be next week but thank you, guys."

"Exactly! Same day of your graduation! It's a double celebration today!" Hyunjin jumped out, exclaiming. "We've decided to plan something for you since you've always planned something for our department!"

"Is that why you wanted me to go here?"

Lia nonchalantly shrugged, sipping on her red cup. "Lia paid for everything, actually." Heejin spoke, and Lia looked away abruptly.

"Make a wish! Your wish is only for you to hear!"

They began to attack on the table where every variety of party snack was arrayed. "Lia, is this your present you're talking-"

"No, this is only for your birthday."

"Yeji-ah! I don't have a gift for you but a long lasting friendship with me is all I can offer!"

"I gave my best friend to you and now you two are girlfriends. She's my gift to you."

"Yeji, I forgot mine at home."

"Nah, Heejin forgot to buy anything." A harsh whack over Hyunjin's head shook her whole being, the couple ran in circles.

"Happy birthday, Yeddeong." Yeji heard a low whisper behind her, and at the same time, a pair of hands snaked around her waist. "My gift hasn't arrived yet, I'll give you my other gift for now." Yeji concealed the redness of her cheeks as much as possible, they were literally in front of their friends. Ryujin being touchy and clingy would lead into more goofing on them. She tried escaping, but the forward striker's arms were as brawny as her limbs. Yeji ended up dragging themselves away.

"You're excited to get a lap dance, huh?"

"It's been weeks. Drop the lap dance now." Ryujin swirled her around, facing her, holding the cat eyed girl by her waist, and pulled her closer. "Have you studied your Biology?"

"Stop asking me about horror movies."

"Ryujin, I'm serious. It's the only subject you have a trouble with. The pink haired girl jounced her head once. "Your father talked with me, I heard he's heading back to Germany. Don't you want to..."

"Yejoon will accompany him. Did he...did he tell something about me? What did he say?"

"He gave me a medical book. And, maybe accepted me as the girlfriend of his daughter." Her eyes grew wide, breathing out, disentangling herself with Yeji. "Ryujin, I have no idea-"

"Spare me few days. You're leaving Haneul, you're leaving me, Yeddeong.It's not easy, okay."

"I'm not leaving you, I'm just transferring-"

"That's the exact thing, can you wait for me? I still have a year, but I'll be there, Yeji. Please."

Fear? Agony? Disbelief?

All of those could be found on Ryujin's tone.

"Ryujin..." Her throat felt dry, her hands were sweating cold, knees wobbling slightly, she ought for something to hold on or she would collapse by the agitation building up.

"I'll always wait for you. I'm patient enough for the both of us, dummy. I promise you."

Ryujin had her mouth agape, her chin above Yeji's shoulder, looking into nowhere of uncertainty. In between of the lapses of her heartbeat, Ryujin might have suffered from a cardiac arrest if it wouldn't halt in motion.

""I don't want you to leave me."

"I love you, Ryujin. I won't, I promise."

-

Feather like wind hitting the inches of their being, hitting down their cascading length of their bristles with a light small movement. The scorching red ball of fire greeted the towering trees, greeny trimmed grasses, and their lovely blooming flowerets. Making the skin of leaves absolutely vivid and soft. The gentle wind swifted around trees. And then, suddenly hit a leaf, urging it to fly its own liberty. Grooving side to side and swirled until it reached the ground. The scent of fresh spring fields danced in a pattern around the atmosphere. Everyone was enjoying the sweet warm smell as they slowly inhaled it in.

"Lia-ah, how did you make reservation for this ferry?"

"I don't make reservation for my family's property." Lia casually yawned. "And no, we're not going to swim, I want to live my life."

"So, island hopping then?" Ryujin asked.

"No."

"Dumb ass, it's not even summer yet."

"It was supposed to be like that but after graduation, I'll be back to Canada and enjoy my summer vacation there and I won't able to do this with all of you. It's like my gift to Yeji and for us to hangout."

Lia had come into a thought, her friends in Canada may be into a whole lot of different level with these four people around here, it didn't signify they couldn't click. Yes, the spontaneous late night drives, raunchy weekend parties, sporadic gone wild school adventures never happened with them, she gained something else. That was a genuine and warm friendship from them.

"It means we're your friends and not only Yeji?" Yuna asked in a cutesy tone.

"I don't want to say it because it's corny...yes." Lia shook her head as the guide helped them to jump in to the ferry boat. "We should take a lot of pictures because the view later is amazing."

When the ferry boat began in motion, Yuna was ecstatic, full teeth smiles never left her face, watching the a flock of birds soaring high in the sky. Chaeryeong was on the other side, admiring the greeny mountain, Lia on the other hand turned on the music player. As for Yeji and Ryujin, they were inseparably cuddled in the corner of the boat, silently gazing on the view.

Yeji then held on Ryujin as the latter's arms enveloped her, she was perching between the pink haired girl's legs. "I read a letter you made from two years ago. You know what it said, Yeddeong?"

"I'm afraid it was pure embarrassment." Judging by Ryujin's notorious smirk, sure as hell, she was ready to pop something hilarious. "Just say it."

"It said, 'I promise to keep you and take care of you better than a goalkeeper can'." Yeji widened her eyes, heat rushed through her cheeks. "And, don't even deny because I brought the paper in case you start to—"

"Oh my God, please, have mercy on me!"

"This one, I cracked up, I'm sorry. You said, 'If you were a soccer ball, I'll never shoot, because I'll always miss you'. Hwang Yeji, are you for real?" Yeji playfully slapped her arm then covered her face using her hands. "That's not a good one, but hey, I still like it."

"Do you still want to hear another one—"

"No." Yeji quickly planted a chaste kiss on the side of Ryujin's lips. "I've had enough."

"Well," Ryujin put up a smug look, "I still haven't had enough of those..." pouting her lips into a pout, asking for sweet kisses.

"I'm going to pretend I'm blind." Lia blurted out, getting her camera. "If it's other people, I won't hesitate to kick off butts to the water."

"Oh! Is that the mountain view you said, Lia-ah?! It's beautiful!" Yuna hurried to the other side, dropping her jaw at the majestic nature wonder they were approaching. "Let's take pictures! Somebody take a shot of me!"

Lia didn't hesitate to help. "Gorgeous. You look like a super model."

"Really?! How about this?" Yuna sat up, straightening her posture on the platform edge of the boat, posing into a ferocious vixen. "Do I look pretty, Lia-ah?!"

"You can be a model fashion model someday."

"I'll be a happy fashion model then!" Lia formed a grin. "I'll take pictures of you!"

"Yah! Chaeryeong-ah is so beautiful! Oh my—"

While the three were busy with themselves, the couple was also busy in their own world. Ryujin brought out her device, taking random shots at the cat eyed girl already without her looking. "Ryujin, I don't know what to do."

She gleamed, "you don't have to do anything, you're already pretty, Yeddeong. I don't know if the mountain is the view or you, let's take a picture together."

Ryujin went beside her, raising the phone in the air, cheekily grinning from ear to ear. "Ryujin, it's recording!" The forward striker jolted, but immediately swayed her phone in the wind as she sang the words of the song playing. "You really are a dumb ass, huh?"

"That you love." She quipped in.

Yeji shook her head, ending up smiling. "Yeah, that I really love. Come closer!" She then pulled her girlfriend, singing along to the words whilst they goofed around on the camera recording them instead of taking pictures. The song came to an end, the three gathered up to their seat along with them.

"Group photo!" Yuna screamed, "who's—"

"He'll do it or he won't get paid." The man beside the captain of the ferry boat grabbed Lia's phone, awkwardly smiling. "Make sure it's not blurred. Payment will be blurred to you as well."

"Why aren't you counting?" Lia roared.

The phone almost slipped off of his gras. "Done?"

One last shot, everyone lifted their hands, grinning like mischievous children, aiming for the best photo. They looked happy, really happy that Yuna accidentally threw off Lia's camera's case under the water. "Oh no, I don't mean it...do you want me to dive for it...?"

She could buy a dozen of those. "I don't know? I heard shark's sense is sharp."

"Yeji, what did you put in your yearbook?" Chaeryeong asked, breaking up an ice. "I hope it's not something, 'Life is just like a rollercoaster, there are ups and downs, be sure to enjoy the ride as it goes on circles.'."

"It's probably close to that." Lia chimed in.

"I'm not certain if these are the exact words but I remember, I wrote, 'A season of change is in store for us, may it be full of happiness and sunshine.'." It was really such a Hwang Yeji in their liking.

"Mine's simple." Lia stated in a laid back tone. "I said, 'I'm just like you except I'm a billionaire who can collect all the Chanel vintages and buy a dozen Roll Royce a day."

"In other words, they'll never be like you..." Yuna softly replied.

"Precisely."

Soon enough, they were heading back, the sun had his remaining hours for the daylight and so did Ryujin's countdown began as well. "I think, I'm ready to tell you about what happened between my father and I, Yeji."

"Breathe out, take it easy. It's just me." Yeji cooed.

"I'm all right," she hardly exhaled, calming herself. "I'll tell you everything, don't worry."

It had been a week since Ryujin had a solemn discussion with her father and Yejoon. She would admit, it felt incredibly novel to see the man after a decade he vanished in their lives. Or he completely didn't as he was persistent in sending her messages. It was Ryujin, herself, that hindered the connection bridging them.

"Ryujin."

It was a high afternoon, the sunlight hitting her face as Yejoon on purpose did it to wake her. The lids of her eyes unfolded, rubbing her knuckled hand on her eyes. "What are you doing inside my room?"

"I only came to talk."

"Talk? Didn't we talk already? I get it you went to a tough patch for long six years as an industrial engineer, built your own firm, became a permanent resident in Germany. Oh, and, here you are now obviously with all the money from the world. What do I still need to know? Ah, thanks for watching me play."

Her words were filled with spat of loathing stub, the taste of stale bread after abandoning it for days. It was completely horrendous. Mr. Shin expected for a more hostile slashback, however, Yejoon did a fantastic job in guiding his sister. "My performance at school? They're greater than average students unless you have this top notch standard for a daughter you left behind in a span of ten years."

"Ryujin." Yejoon called him out firmly.

Mr. Shin lifted his hand, ordering the oldest Shin to leave out of the conversation. "I'm sorry for being an awful father, I have my reasons, Ryujin. You may not forgive me at this moment, believe me, I did those for you."

Ryujin stayed silent. It was her father in front of her. The respect was always still there. "I'm really sorry. It's not very easy for me to barge in your life and think everything will be the same again but I accepted it already. Only if you respond to my mails, things would've be a lot"

"Just get to the point. Don't expect you'll get me just because you watched a single game of mine."

Mr. Shin pulled out a thin sheet of paper from the pocket inside of his suit. A sealed white envelope, handing it to his daughter. "Here."

"What's this? I don't need your money."

"It's worth more than a money, Ryujin."

German International Soccer Academy.

Schüttorf, Germany

"You're a clever one, Ryujin. I'm certain you already know by looking at the front word."

A prestigious soccer academy for aspiring youth to become a professional soccer player.

"It always pisses you off when Yejoon films you playing. He did send me a lot of clips of your spectacular individual play." Mr. Shin paused, "acquiring into this program is like getting blood out of a stone."

"I know, I'm a clever one, father. Right?"

"You had given a chance, Ryujin. You didn't have to prove yourself there anymore. All you have to do is to accept this huge opportunity."

Deep down, Ryujin was suddenly clouded by a lot of possibilities. "You want me to come with you?" She spat out, but the slight trembling in her voice was clear. "All of a sudden?"

"No. That's why I came here now. I want you to think about this deliberately." Her breath drastically hitched, "This is your exclusive ticket to fulfill your dream. You want this." Her heart sunk in the pit of prostrating chamber.

Passion.

Yeji.

Dream.

"I won't take it. I'm staying here. Seoul awaits for me. Take this with you when."

The man released a sigh. "Your friends will understand, you'll meet new people, new enviroment—"

"I don't want new people, I'm contented here."

"I've met Hwang Yeji." That caught Ryujin. "I am aware of young love, and I am not asking you to abandon her, I only want you to—"

"No." Ryujin spoke sternly. "I don't need this. I can be great here, I have the people I love here, they will be here for me. And who will I have there? You? That's hilarious." An indifferent tone of laughter escaped Ryujin's mouth. But, she was shaking terribly.

Mr. Shin parted his lips, and immediately closed it as soon as he straightened his posture. "I'm only doing this for you, Ryujin. Perhaps, I proposed this to you in the wrong moment. Think about it, think for your future."

"He's right, think about it, Ryujin." Yeji was absolutely stunned on what she heard, her heart pulse fluctuated and still not going stable any of the moment. "Germany is one of the best country to enter into a soccer—"

She wasn't infuriated with the way Ryujin kept it that long, she understood it was a crucial life decision she was making. What making her upset was the fact Ryujin seemed to be apparent with throwing the opportunity away that once in her hands already. "It's the best if I stay here with you—"

"Are you seriously giving me that card? This is about you, your future—"

"Aren't you fucking part of it, Yeji? Didn't I say we're each others future? I don't want to leave, Yeji." The pink haired girl calmed herself for a bit, Yeji was ataken back on her seat with her growl.

Yeji bit her bottom lip, knots constraining around her chest were making her difficult to breathe. "Take a look on the bigger picture, Ryujin. Soccer has always been your dream. And, you're planning to waste it away when it's already right in front of you."

"It's not a waste when I get to be with you." Ryujin spoke very deeply, looking away. She couldn't handle herself and might break down in the state of Yeji resonating the cries of angels. She watched the bustling streets through the tinted window. "I'm staying."

She heard a not so amused snicker. "Oh, so, you're very stern in dropping this precious dime that easily?" Yeji inhaled, "it's okay for you to turn your back on not just your dream but your passion?" Ryujin stayed still, eyeing the road. Yeji closed her eyes for a moment to breathe properly, she needed it or she would cause her own enervation.

"You say like it's very easy to turn my back at you. Don't you really understand my point?"

"I do. You're back at making bad decisions."

Yeji saw how Ryujin cussed silently beneath her breath and the tightness of the muscles of her jaw popped on. "It doesn't mean you will leave me behind while you complete your dream, it's you and me getting back at each other when you reach the finish line."

"Bullshit." Ryujin puffed out.

"Ryujin—"

"I don't want leave because I love you, Yeji!" As if all the clock ticking around the world halted, the rotation of the Earth eventually discontinued swirling on its own axis, Yeji's heart beat stopped. "I love you and it scares me a lot when I think about us being miles away from each other. I don't want to be far away from you, Yeddeong. I don't want to."

To her surprise, Ryujin suddenly scooted closer her, lacing her arms around her, nuzzling her by the neck. Yeji could actually the tremendous thumping across her chest, and the slight shaking of the forward striker clung to her. Yeji shut her eyes, slowly breathing out, encircling the sulking pink haired girl within her arms. "I love you, Yeji."

It felt tighter, the ropes wrapping her fragile heart. Yeji swallowed the lump in her throat. "I want to stay here, I want to stay with you, I want to stay for the both of us, Yeddeong." It was so soft, words spilling out of Ryujin's quivering lips. "Please understand me."

Yeji understood, of course. Hence, she also understood Ryujin's overflowing love for her biggest passion, the thing she loved doing the most, the sport that meant so much to her. "You also love soccer, Ryujin. It doesn't mean you're only choosing it. Didn't I tell you I'm patient for the both of us? I can wait."

"I'm not." Ryujin exclaimed like a kid.

Yeji sighed. "I love you, Ryujin. But, please, consider your father's words. We'll be very happy to see you being a professional soccer player and when you become one, we'll be walking hand in hand, down in the aisle together. Forever."

-

"You are truly my daughter."

"Unless I'm adopted, Mama." Yeji adorably mused her lips forward. "Where's Yeju? She hasn't responded to my message."

"Taking forever in the salon. She said, it's a one lifetime event. Take note, you're the one graduating." Mrs. Hwang gently combed her hair.

"How about papa, is he all prepped up?"

"I heard the ignition of our car earlier." Mrs. Hwang put on the earrings on her.

"He's that excited?" Yeji asked, amused.

"Of course. He'll be putting on the highest award for his daughter. I think, he has the right to be extremely ecstatic." A smile was painted across her Yeji's lips. "How about you, aren't you feeling excited? You worked hard for it."

"I'll be when both of you and Yeju come up to me on stage, giving me the award you guys deserve too." Both of them shared a genuine smile, Yeji stood up on her study table's chair. "What I'm going to receive is for you, Papa, and Yeju."

"We're beyond blessed to have you as our daughter, honey. I don't want to cry, the ceremony hasn't started yet. Let's go." But then, the woman was already wiping some beads of tears dampened her cheeks. "Hold on, dear, wear your coat first."

"See, you're weeping now and I haven't even stepped on the stage. You're emotional, Ma."

"Honey, you are too. Stop acting brave." They both chuckled, and eventually trudged downstairs. "Oh, your sister is already here."

Yeju was adjusting the straps of her two inches high heels on the floor, more like struggling. "You haven't put on some make—"

"I have. I just want it to be simple." Yeju hissed, shaking her head. "Can you walk with those high heels? We're marching on stage."

"Watch me not to embarrass myself."

"We should take lots of pictures. I want as much of Yeji's graduation photos as much as I wanted your graduation pictures, honey."

"I thought Yeji is your favourite." Yeju teased.

Mr. Hwang shook his head. "I don't have favourite. If there is, then, both of you."

All of them shared sweet gestures of grins and stares, and proceeded inside the car. "Describe your senior high school in one word, Yeji."

"What?"

"Describe it in one word."

Yeji thought for a moment, her sister was very random but it got her wandering.

"Fulfilling. I'm satisfied with everything. Actually, a word isn't enough to describe it. I've learned lots of stuff."

Suddenly, Yeji looked over the window. The Shin's place was closed and seemed like no one was inside. Their last talk was heavy, not that Ryujin walked away from her. They still did their routines, going to school and going home together. The only thing was strange was Ryujin's uncommunicative behaviour.

"She'll come around, honey. Trust her." Mrs. Hwang cooed her youngest, Yeji was terribly anxious for the past few days whether Ryujin was coming to her special graduation or not.

Soon enough, they arrived at Haneul and Yeji was feeling the surge of first jitters. The nights she practiced her speech was nerve-wracking. Still, there was no way she would able to express the exact words when she stood up on the crowd. "I'm very nervous."

A piece of advice, stay open to whatever experiences come to way. Do silly things with friends. Have long, impromptu conversations. Plan and schedules, but some of the best memories would come from coincidences. Allow to fully experience the moment whatever that involved, rather than worrying about whether it would meet some arbitrary standard for 'good' memories.

"If you're nervous, I won't really hesitate to burst out chuckling at your clumsy ass on stage." Yeji glared at her sister, whilst Yeju shrugged it off. Yeji went to her batchmates, and perceived Lia alone. "We'll see you later."

"Lia!" Yeji called out for her name, Lia was gorgeous, her medium length hair was slightly wavy today. "You look really lovely."

"I know, you too." Lia replied, "wait, I got something for you. This is actually my gift for you."

"A diary?"

"Yep. I sensed you're the type to write your daily happenings at life and since you'll be in med school, I can only imagine the hatred why you chose medicine instead of choosing an easy one." Yeji dropped her mouth wide open. "I'm kidding, write anything there. Like, thank me because I'm the most unique girl you met in your high school."

Sure, Yeji would include that in her diary.

"I'm sorry—"

"No. It's fine, I told you. We're friends." For the first time, Lia initiated a warm and yet unexpected act. "Come on, do the same thing and don't let the air hug me instead." And Yeji was more than willing to accept it.

"Thank you, Lia."

"No problem. Heather is out of Korea now. He went back to Bristol. You're lucky, you won't see his face in any medical schools here."

"Yeji, ready your speech, we'll start."

Yeji wasn't on the stage speaking yet, her bundles of nerves seemed to be extra alive when she looked over her shoulders and perceived her family giddily waving their hands and smiling at her. Also, her eyes landed on Yuna and Chaeryeong in the right corner, jumping to catch her attention. The unnies were also present, arms crossed as they gleamed upon her. Everyone but Ryujin.

Still, Yeji hoped she would see her around.

"Focus memorising your speech, if she will come, she will. It's your special day." She felt an elbow nudge by Lia beside her. "Okay, I sound not too helpful, but Ryujin is so in love with you. She's here, trust me."

"It's just like our last conversation was—"

"She hasn't used to the idea of you being transferred into a different university. It's normal, especially for people like you two."

Yeji sighed, she was still hoping. Things were pacing in swift motion. Students were getting bored, they weren't listening anymore as some officials spoke their speech. And, the cat eyed girl wasn't even aware her name was being called for her most anticipated speech. The only signal traveled to her head to come back on her senses was the warm applaud of everyone for her. In doubt, she gulped, standing on her designated seat, sauntering her way to the stage. Before proceeding right into the microphone stand, she shook hands with the university's officials, bowing her head as a respect. "Good afternoon parents, friends, teachers, mentors, administrators, and of course, the graduating class of 2020."

"Before I begin, I like to send gratitude to all the parents, without the support of our families, none of us would've come this far. I also like to thank the faculty, for giving us something to take into highschool. And to my friends and classmates, thank you for sticking with me all these years of our lives."

It was only the foreword but some with their fragile hearts were already sobbing on their uniforms. "When we first came to high school, we were skeptical. All of us had been pulled out from our comfort zone and pushed us to a completely new environment, with new rules, new teachers, and new set of peers. Some of us realised right away things will be different and tried to adapt to these surroundings, while others clung to their old values and stubbornly refused to let go. In time, we progressed as individuals to form a unified community."

"One thing I will reflect upon is that Haneul has always been my home. We have met many people, made lasting friendships, and lived through long live memories. I'm sure waking up on Monday morning was never an easy task." Everyone had a lighthearted laughter on that part. "So as we all begin writing our next chapters, let us all remember the sense of our family that helped us get through Monday morning classes, or better yet, how our friends were our support system. Parents, invited guests, teachers, and students of Graduating class of 2020, thank you for listening. Let's all have a pleasant tomorrow. Thank you."

Yeji felt like she had savoured ten cup of mocha espresso as she felt collapsing on the stage. Sure, she may be forgot to mention some things. She didn't want to admit but, a tear escaped in her eye, specifically when her eyes landed on her family during her speech.

"Yeji-ah! Congrats!" Yuna happily said.

"Congratulations, ex president. Your crown is handed on me now." Chaeryeong spoke up.

"Congrats, Yeji. You did great." Heejin came unannounced, gleaming at her softly.

"Yeji! You finished stage two of hell!" Hyunjin, was, well, blabbering that made them giggled.

"I thought it'll be longer than Nile river." Lia crossed her arms, but then withdrew it as they formed a genuine group hug for Yeji.

"Thank you, guys. I sure did stutter on some parts. But, everything's done now!"

Laughter, giggles, and delicate words echoed from left to right, showering Yeji with the love she truly deserved. The noise subsided when Yejoon stepped into the scene, and stepped aside for Ryujin to make her entrance. All of them gasped excluding Lia who yawned instead of joining them being astonished.

"Can I have you for a moment...Yeddeong? Yeji nodded, passing the bouquet of flowers to Yuna, and the young blondé giddily sniffed the sweet scent. Ryujin also had a bouquet of flowers in her hands, it was sunflowers. Perfect for her lovely sunshine.

Everyone gave space for the couple. Ryujin was in her casual apparels, her hair was disheveled, and she seemed to attend a marathon beforehand in arriving at the school. "Do you need something to drink?"

The pink haired girl pursed her lips, and shook her head in disagreement. She was looking down on Yeji's black doll shoes, trying to catch her stable breath back.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you." Yeji was certain she was also frenzied with the way Ryujin stood, facing her but eyes on the ground. "Are you okay?"

"I-I am. Just took something important." Then, the forward striker gave out the bouquet of sunflowers to her. "Please, I'm not a terrible girlfriend, I was able to listen to your speech from the beginning until the last words."

"I didn't see you." She admitted politely.

"I was hiding behind a tree." Ryujin bit her inner cheek. "And, this is also for you."

It was a rectangular box.

"What's this?" It wasn't long, and it wasn't short. It was surely not a box of any jewelry.

"Your gift, graduation gift."

"Okay..."

"Open it." The dryness of her throat was making her sound oddly deep and throaty.

"Now?" Yeji received a hum as a respond.

Ryujin let out a waft through her mouth, blowing some air, causing her cheeks to look puffy. They didn't really have a proper conversation about last time and, here she was.

Slowly, Yeji also felt herself getting shaky with her hands, it took eternity to unwrap the gift whilst her head was filled with a lot of questions. Yeji parted her lips, definitely astounded on what she was actually holding and seeing.

"I might be the first person to give you that, I hope you appreciate it, Yeddeong."

It was a stethoscope.

Yeji ran close to her, and embraced her so tightly. "It arrived late, but yeah."

Shutting the lids of her eyes, Yeji grinned from ear to ear, tears were threatening to stream down, but she didn't care, it was happy tears. Being a medical student, this was probably the most special thing you'd get to receive, especially from her girlfriend.

Ryujin snaked her arms around her. "D-Do you like it? I-I'm sorry for the last time—"

Yeji hushed her. "I love it and I love you. That's what all matters today, Ryujin."

"I love you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 2.1K 20
Jung Y/n has the perfect life: she's rich, she's dating her best friend and she's the heir to the huge family company; until one day when she's force...
13.5K 730 20
It all started in the kindergarten
947K 40K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
34.4K 2.2K 29
"𝘐𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵?" - Ryujin