When Sophomores Collide (Boyx...

By euwangabrielll

"Theo. If I'm not mistaken? Isn't this yours?" He extended a hand, holding my penguin printed handkerchief. M... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: First Day Jitters
Chapter 2: Embarrassment
Chapter 3: Music
Chapter 4: Acquaintances
Chapter 5: Dreaming of You
Chapter 6: Invitation
Chapter 7: Bestfriend
Chapter 8: Lightheaded Boy
Chapter 9: Camping in the Wild
Chapter 10: Gummies
Chapter 11: Troublemaker
Chapter 12: The Offer
Chapter 13: Snapped
Chapter 14: The Committee
Chapter 15: The Preparation
Chapter 16: Birthday Boy
Chapter 17: A Morning at the Fierro's
Chapter 18: Results
Chapter 19: Homecoming Escapade
Chapter 20: Homecoming Royalty
Chapter 21: Luxurious Party
Chapter 22: Shopping Spree
Chapter 23: Revelation
Chapter 24: Confrontation
Chapter 25: Forgive and Forget?
Chapter 26: The Beginning
Chapter 27: Rubies and Hand Fans
Chapter 28: The Truth
Chapter 29: Sabotage
Chapter 30: Family Feud
Chapter 31: Name, Cleared
Chapter 32: Happy Valentine's
Chapter 34: Friendship Over?
Chapter 35: The Presentation
Chapter 36: Eliminated
Chapter 37: The Council
Chapter 38: Disastrous Outrage
Chapter 39: Happy Birthday?
Chapter 40: Camping Mischief
Chapter 41: The Betrayal
Chapter 42: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 43: Three Words for You
Chapter 44: To Catch a Traitor
Chapter 45: The Traitorous Princess
Chapter 46: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 47: The Rage of the Storm
Chapter 48: Playing with Fire
Chapter 49: The Villainous Queen
Chapter 50: Happily Ever After
Epilogue
this book sucks lol

Chapter 33: Frozen

2.5K 131 42
By euwangabrielll

Chapter 33: Frozen

Theo

"Hunter... there's something that I've been meaning to tell you."

He looked at me with genuineness, no absolute sign of pressure or force.

I winced for a moment, struggling to find the right words. "Ever since I first saw you in 7th grade, I couldn't get you out of my mind, it's... it's kinda weird, but I refused to accept that it's just more than admiration. It's only a year that I still... found you cute... that I accepted the fact that I liked you." I paused to take a breath and to see his reaction but he just nodded in encouragement. "Hunter, I like you. A lot. And for a while now, since 7th grade."

His gaze never changed, he just smiled warmly. "If you think this will change anything between us, you're dead wrong."

I chuckled and met his eyes once again. "You don't know how relieved I am to hear you say that." 

"Now, I kinda understand why you were so mad when you knew about that... you know?" He said.

He was implying to when I found out that my friends forced him to befriend me.

"I... I'm sorry, Hunter. I couldn't control my feelings. You probably don't want a weird gay kid crushing on you--"

He cut me off with a shake of his head. "You don't have anything to apologize for, Theo. You said it yourself, you can't control what you feel. It's a hundred percent okay for me."

"You... you still want to be my friend? It's probably weird that we're still dancing now..."

And then what he did next would've made me faint. He cupped my face in his hands, his touch warm on my face. 

"Of course I still would want to be your friend. You're so amazing and badass and you're such a fighter. I admire you for that. Although I can't... give you something you're wanting just yet, I still love you as a friend."

The song suddenly changed, the tune very familiar.

'Late at night when all the world is sleeping...'

Hunter guided my head so he could lay it on his shoulder as we swayed to the familiar music. His hands wrapped around my waist while I just closed my eyes, cherishing the moments.

"Thank you." I whispered against his shoulder.

...

My friends and I sat together as the event wrapped up.

"Hunter. Could you please, please drive my bestfriend home. I'm taking Diana home tonight and Athena." He gestured to the sleeping Diana on his shoulder. 

Hunter nodded his head, his arm around the back of my chair. "Sure."

Mal, who was sitting at my left, leaned closer to whisper in my ear. "How'd it go? Did anything happen?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

"I confessed." I said casually.

She grinned widely before patting my head like the good boy I was. I glared playfully before fixing my bangs.

As the event wrapped up completely. Hunter and I walked outside alongside each other. I was just texting my mother and the moment I hit send on my last text, my phone ran out of battery. 

I shrugged and pocketed it as Hunter turned to me. "Wait here. I'll get the car." He said with a smile and a wink.

I nodded before he jogged towards the parking lot. I waited silently, sitting down on the stairs as I was struggling to fight the cold and sleep. It was extremely late since it was Friday anyway, and they actually lessened the homework this weekend which is unexpected! That almost never happens.

Seconds of waiting turned into minutes as I sat there, alone, not even noticing the time pass.

...

Hunter

I jogged hastily than normal to my car so I don't keep Theo waiting. As I was opening the door, a frantic Rhea ran up to me, her hair disheveled and her face in panic.

"Hunter! P-Please help me. I... My car is dead and I need to go the hospital." She pleaded as she grasped my arm.

"Whoa, calm down for a second. Just breathe for a moment. What's wrong?"

She took a deep breath, her grip on me loosening. "My... my grandmother j-just had a heart attack." Her voice got caught in her throat, her eyes filling with tears.

I patted her shoulder, trying to console her but I didn't know what to do then she suddenly hugged me, her head on my shoulder as she cried.

"It's okay." I rubbed her back as she pulled away.

"I'm sorry. I... I just need to go to the hospital, I need to see her." She said, silently pleading with her eyes.

"Okay then. Let's go." I said, forgetting everything but the current situation.

The two of us were in silence except for her silent sniffling. I looked over at her to find her cheeks wet with tears, her head against the window.

"It'll be okay, Rhea. I may not know your grandmother but I know she'll pull through." I reassured before turning back to the road, carefully driving with the slippery road.

"Thank you, Hunter. I know this is a really big favor to ask." She said.

"It's okay. I understand what you're feeling." I reassured once again.

We reached the hospital, the moment I turned off the engine, Rhea bursted through the doors. I followed her as she ran towards the entrance of the hospital. By the time I reached the entrance, she was already asking the front desk. 

We reached her grandmother's room. A man just outside the door, talking to a doctor. "Dad!" Rhea called out before embracing her father tightly.

They were exchanging some words to each other before her father noticed me. 

"Dad. This is Hunter. He's a friend and he took me here because my car's dead." Rhea introduced.

"I'm Wilson. Thank you for bringing her here." He extended a hand towards me to which I took and shook gently.

Wilson entered the room but Rhea just slumped on a chair, her hand on her knee as she cried. I sat down beside her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, reassuring her as much as I can with words.

"I... I know my grandmother doesn't have much time left in this world and I just can't bear that. I just know that I have to cherish the moment I can with her." She said as she stared forward before burying her face in her hands. 

"Just let it all out. Just try to make your grandmother feel loved at all you times you can, even if she'll leave this world soon, at least she'll leave feeling loved." I said with a smile.

She lifted her head from her hands, looking at me with a grateful smile. "Thank you so much, Hunter but you can leave now if you want, you've done more than enough. I'll... I'll be fine."

"Rhea, I can't just leave you here. I'll even stay the night here if you need me." I offered. 

She suddenly embraced me again. I returned it as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't thank you enough." She mumbled against my shoulder.

"No problem. I'm here for you." 

...

Theo

It's been an hour since Hunter left. Is he carrying the car? How's getting the car taking this long? I had no way of knowing the actual time but I know I've been here for more than an hour.

I untied my shoe lace... then tied it... then untied it... then tied it. I continued the cycle and when I got bored, I switched to the other shoe.

I don't know what to feel, worried, scared or angry

I literally just confessed my undying infatuation for him earlier this night and he might've just left me here alone and never speak to me again. Was he just lying to me to reassure me? Did he ditch me for some other girl? Did he have to take her girlfriend home? If he even has a girlfriend. Where is he? Maybe he was murdered and I'm next. I shouldn't even be alone now. 

I pulled out my phone but then sighed in frustration when I realized it was dead. 

I rocked my body back and forth as the temperature got colder and colder, I tapped my foot continuously on the concrete floor, the sound echoing through the school grounds. 

I looked around, my eyes raking through the littlest details I could find. 

Footsteps suddenly sounded from behind me. I turned to see Mr. Martinez and Mrs. Fortnum walking alongside each other, their hands entwined.

"Mr. Willshire, is that you?" Mrs. Fortnum asked as they got closer to me.

I nodded with a small smile. 

"Why are you alone out here? Aren't you going home?" Mr. Martinez asked.

"I am, I'm just waiting for... for someone." I reassured with a smile.

They both nodded. "Well. Have a good night and a good weekend." Mr. Martinez said with a salute before the two of them exited the school. 

My smile dropped as I started to freeze, figuratively. I rubbed my arms in order to at least make the cold a little bearable. My eyes started to droop lower but I kept fighting, small snowflakes dusting my knees. I looked up to see that it was starting to snow. 

Great.

 ...

Cielo

I was scrolling through Instagram, double-tapping pictures no matter what it was out of boredom when a text notification flashed at the top of my phone. I perked up, tapping it only to realize it was from Christina, Theo's mother.

'Cielo, hun. Is Theo with you? He hasn't gone home yet.'

I furrowed my brows, checking the time to make sure that it was 11:45 PM. The event ended at 9. 

'He's not with me. I told Hunter to take him home tonight tho.' I replied back.

Worry started to fill my guts at the possible things that might've happened and I just knew that I have to come back to school to check. I typed a quick text to Christina that I'm going back to school to check for Theo before dressing up quickly. I grabbed my coat and my keys before rushing out the door.

It was normal in our family to be leaving in this hour so I didn't have to worry about them. I can just worry about Theo.

I reached the school in a matter of minutes, quickly but carefully driving down the slippery roads as I realized that it was snowing. 

I glanced at the parking lot to discover that Hunter's car wasn't there anymore.

I quickly checked the back of the school first then to the front. One I haven't checked is where the students exited. I checked it and there he was, his head in his knees, hugging himself close, was a freezing Theodore.

I swore under my breath before taking off my coat and wrapping it around him. I nudged him awake to which his eyelids fluttered open slowly.

"Cielo..." He mumbled sleepily.

"Let's go home, Theo. Come with me." I said before pulling him up and steadying him. He was still half asleep so I had to carry him over to the car.

I turned on the heater in my car as Theo settled comfortably on the passenger seat. He looked like he was dreaming so I just let him sleep. My mind was racing but one thought stood out.

Where the hell was Hunter?

...

Hunter

I woke up in the hospital, Rhea's head still on my shoulder. I nudged her awake which I easily accomplished. She looked at me, sleep still in her eyes. She rubbed her eyes and stretched her arm out. 

"What time is it?" She asked groggily. 

I checked to find out it was already 9 AM. "We slept pretty late." I informed with a small smile. "I should head home. I hope you feel better, Rhea." I said, standing up but not before she hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much, Hunter. I'll never forget this." She said before pulling away. I nodded and bid her goodbye. 

I was walking across the lobby of the hospital when a very familiar doctor bumped onto me. 

"Sorry-- wait. Hey! You're the kid we saw a few days ago! How's your friends or should I say... boyfriend?" Oliver wiggled an eyebrow.

I was about to answer with a smile before I realized something. "He's... great!" I said, trying to ignore the growing knot in my stomach. "I... actually have to go." I said before rushing out of the hospital.

My heart felt like it was in my stomach. I continuously swore under my breath as I ran to my car. I fumbled with my keys, trying to open the door of my car as quick as I could but failing after a few times. 

I sat on the driver's seat, my head in my hands, attempting to slow my breathing but to no avail. I hit the steering wheel in frustration, my eyes filling up with tears as everything dawned on me.

I left Theo in the school... last night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 14.1K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
99.7K 5K 29
Jamie is excited to finally be on campus. It's time to find his kind of people - gay, that is. Instead, he finds a blindingly handsome straight guy w...
1.2M 52.8K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
2.3M 41.3K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...