Away We Go. (Avengers Fan Fic...

By CrazyCranberry

*UNDERGOING EDITING* A year after the incident with Loki, the Avengers are assembled once again. But, this ti... More

Away we go. (Avengers Fan Fiction)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
***AUTHORS NOTE***
SONG.

Chapter 11

64.3K 1.7K 864
By CrazyCranberry

*Lovely trailer by Loki_is_adopted* UPDATED AS OF 10/16/16: The video no longer exists! Sorry everyone. :(

Black Widow's a.k.a Natasha Romanof's P.O.V.

"Does anyone know where Thor lumbered off to?" Clint asked, glancing into the rooms we passed while on our way towards the medical ward.

"No...why?" I inquired, just realizing that the Asgardian was indeed gone. In fact, I hadn't seen him since the impromptu conference that started this whole mess.

"Just wondering..." Clint responded, eyes flicking back and forth nervously. I smiled, slinging an arm around his shoulders.

"Thor's not going to take over the world, that was Loki's thing," I chuckled, earning a glare from him that softened the longer we held eye contact. I began to lean in when we were interrupted by a choking noise made none other by Stark.

"Get a room," he scoffed, ducking just as my foot flew past that spot where his head had been.

"I think I found Thor," Steve called from up ahead, nearly two hallways ahead of us. He was stopped outside the observation window of one of the hospital rooms.

"You think you found him?" Bruce asked, sending Tony into a round of hysterics at the scientists dry sense of humor, "he's pretty hard to miss."

Steve gave him a flat look, before turning his attention once again toward the room. What we saw inside was... a bit surprising. Thor sat in a chair in front of the bed which held a cross legged Calypso. They were talking, though the words were incomprehensible to us. Whatever Thor was saying, and by his pained expression I could tell it had to do with Loki, was causing something in Calypso's eyes to flicker. It could have a been an idea, or maybe a long dead spark of hope, but whatever it was, was managing to thoroughly unnerve me.

"Something's not right..." I muttered, watching as the wheels turned in the young girl's head.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked, and by the tone of his voice I knew he could see it, too.

"Turn on the microphones inside the room, I want to know what he's talking about," I ordered. Bruce nodded, walking over to a panel of about fifty switches that had been priorly concealed from view, flicking on what appeared to be a random six.

Suddenly, Thor's voice filled the small hallway and we all fell silent. I strained my ears to hear the slightest changes in pitch to signify anything amiss.

"Loki is currently back in Asgard, serving justice there. The Chitauri have retreated back to their realm but I fear they may come back for my brother," Thor sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Look past his actions Thor– try and see the big picture. Who did he encounter when he fell? Where did he wind up? Who could have tricked him into that?" she reasoned, voice firm. The spark failed to ignite.

"I didn't have much time to before, but I will. You make much sense for a mortal," he said, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"I hope so. I do have a few questions though. How does one get to Asgard from here? Spaceship?" she inquired, tapping her fingers against her right knee.

Thor guffawed, wiping imaginary tears from his eyes.

"No. It is very complex to get from Earth to Asgard. It requires a great energy source, the Tesseract for example. But I can travel freely between the realms though it does take an immense amount of effort," He explained, crossing his arms. Calypso's eyes crackled like the fourth of july.

"What about Loki? It must have been difficult to arrive at earth from the other side of the space time continuum," Calypso prodded, brows arching in amazement.

"I would not know. He arrived at earth through methods that are a mystery to me. He is a powerful sorcerer though, so I believe he used magic to a certain extent," Thor said, shrugging.

With just the minute widening of her eyes, I could tell what Calypso was really striving to find out.

"She's not thinking what I think she's thinking..." I gaped, placing my hands on my hips.

"I think she's thinking what I think you think she's thinking..." Tony said, an awed grief taking over his expression.

"I'm a bit confused here. What is she thinking?" Steve asked, casting a look at the pair who still were locked into deep conversation.

I coughed once, clearing my throat, before speaking.

"She wants to bring Loki back."

Calypso's P.O.V.

"Do you think...if proper precautions were taken...that Loki could perform an act of good? Here on earth?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs with nervousness.

Thor took on an air of understanding, looking up at me from under his lashes.

"It is about those people who sent the threat, is it not?" he queried, and I hung my head, nodding just the slightest bit. "I don't believe anyone here would ever trust Loki enough, myself included, to be allowed back on earth. Especially with the task of assisting a stranger, something my brother has never favored," Thor said, a touch of nostalgia pulling him into the past.

"Alright..." I mumbled, a sense of doom latching itself onto me. Noticing my dismal state, Thor sighed yet again, turning to stare up at the ceiling, before turning his gaze back onto me.

"I am truly sorry. If things were different, I would. But as of now, I cannot," he apologized, scooting forward and taking one of my hands in his own.

"Could I possibly visit Asgard someday...if I ever see you guys again?" I asked, my throat burning with the threat of more tears. "Child," I thought to myself, ashamed of my behavior.

"What do you mean if you ever see us again? Do you plan on leaving?" he exclaimed, the shock in his eyes almost comical.

"I don't plan on it, but things happen," I whispered, comforted when his hand squeezed mine lightly.

"They will not take you– we will make sure of it," he said, voice undoubtable.

But all I could do was squeeze his hand tighter, unwilling to let myself fall victim to the hope that lied within his words.

Knock. Knock.

My eyes flashed toward the door as it opened, the rest of the Avengers stepping into the chilly metal cube.

"Hey there," Tony said, his voice soft, as if a tone that was any louder would send me into another round of sobbing.

"Hi," I said, and the smile that I tried to force upon my face must have looked absolutely gruesome, because his eyes saddened, his brows knitting together in concern. I hadn't forgotten what I had shared with him earlier, and by the way his shoulders drooped as he shuffled towards the bed, I knew he hadn't either.

He stopped before me, and I eyed the papers in his hand with suspicion. From behind his fingers I could just make out the beginnings of a word: 'ini–".

"As of right now, I don't care if you sign these papers or not, you'll be under our protection regardless. Though, it would make the logistics of your initiation run a lot smoother," Tony said, handing me the papers. It was the initiative once again.

Tony Stark's a.k.a. Iron Man's P.O.V

She immediately shoved the papers back at me as if they'd burned her.

"I can't sign those," she snarled, though it sounded more like a plea than anything else.

"The hero bit is optional, Calypso. You're not being held responsible for anyone or anything," Natasha assured her, watching the girl with a hawk like gaze, attempting to keep eye contact.

"Is that true?" she asked, now directing her question toward me.

Natasha huffed but remained quiet. We all knew gaining Calypso's trust was going to be an uphill battle from the start, but it still hurt to be doubted.

"Yes. Spidey wouldn't lie," I chuckled, and I could see her start to waver. She picked at the hem of her shirt, eyes flitting between each of us, remaining there for no more than a moment.

"It's just an initiation into our group. You'd be able to call yourself an Avenger!" I cheered, trying to sway her with the promise of cool nicknames.

She was silent for a few minutes, staring down at her hands, messing with her fingernails, and examining a couple pieces of fuzz on her pant leg.

She took a deep breath, squeezing her eyes closed, before snatching the papers from my hands, grabbing the adjoined pen and scribbling her name down on the last page.

Natasha and Steve sighed in relief, accompanied by my exaggerated whoop of glee.

"Welcome to the Avengers," I said, reaching out to shake her hand. This time around there was no hesitation.

Calypso's P.O.V.

I hopped from the bed, raking a hand through my hair as Natasha lead the way from the room. We were all heading off to the cafeteria to celebrate, seeing as that going anywhere outside of S.H.I.E.L.D. would not be particularly good news for me.

The threat from them had burned itself into my mind, and the celebratory spirit didn't excite me as it did the rest. I took in their smiling faces, their laughs, the jokes they taunted each other with. It was a nice feeling to be surrounded by such...happy people. It had been a while since I'd seen a genuine smile and not a conniving, blood thirsty leer. It was a breath of fresh air, yet I knew my oxygen supply would be coming to an end soon.

They never gave up without a fight, demolishing anyone who dared to get in their way– and I knew when the time came, I'd have to give myself up. I wouldn't let these people, this completely dysfunctional, mind boggling semi-family, be harmed.

I knew that when the team dragged me along to demand the cook on duty to make chocolate cakes, I would be willing to give myself up in order to protect them.

I was already up to my neck in blood, add anymore and I'd drown.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 1K 13
"You can't take her Thor! She is my daughter! You can't take her!" "I am truly sorry brother, forgive me." ~ When Thor takes away the last person Lok...
19.7K 528 40
She was the gem of SHIELD, the one that everyone knew of, but no one had seen or met, except Nick Fury. She was talked about by everyone, all hoping...
241K 6.5K 32
Two people with two very different missions cross paths. One, an assassin hell-bent on attaining revenge for the murders of the two people who meant...
307K 6.6K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...